HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
My kid wants to join the British Army instead of the US Army
Posted by: Uncle Union Jack ()
Date: November 27, 2020 02:23PM

He's got dual citizenship through his Brit mom. He lives with her in the UK but he spends summers here in the states with me. Didn't get to see him this summer, but he's about to graduate secondary school over there at 16. He isn't sure if he wants to do university, so he wants to spend some time in a service and possibly get it paid for. He says the US military isn't "prestigious" enough for him. He's got some uncles in the British army and Royal Marines have convinced him to go British armed forces. Doesn't really bother me tbh. I explained to him pay probably won't be as great in the UK, but with the libtards back in power, he is less likely to be sent to fight and die in some pointless war in a muslim country.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My kid wants to join the British Army instead of the US Army
Posted by: ..... ()
Date: November 27, 2020 03:48PM

The British army is cooler, but the benefits suck. At least that was true 20 years ago. The British officers who served with Americans could not believe how great the Americans had it.

Posted by: that's fine ()
Date: November 27, 2020 04:30PM

People do that all the time, we have Brits in US Forces. Tell him to join the Foreign Legion, that's the coolest.

Posted by: peep ()
Date: November 27, 2020 04:45PM

Tell him to join the North Korean army.

--------------
He who laughs last, laughs the longest

Posted by: Squidwurd ()
Date: November 27, 2020 05:00PM

He should join the Queen's Guard. Once, when I was a teenager, we visited my relatives in England. During our visit we went to Buckingham Palace which, of course, is where the Queen lives. The Queen's Guard are not allowed to touch you (unless you act agressively or pose some sort of security threat) and are supposed to remain still and motionless, for long periods of time, while on duty. My English cousin, who was about my age, tipped me off. In the morning we would eat huge portions of English beans and toast for breakfast. Then off to the Palace where we would repeatedly cut huge farts in front the Queen's Guards. It was hugely funny watching them get pissed and trying their best not to react.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.