HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
We'll be your Huckleberries
Posted by: McScreechin ()
Date: November 08, 2020 04:30PM

Attachments:
Screenshot (362).png
Screenshot (363).png
images.jpg
download (1).jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: We'll be your Huckleberries
Posted by: chuckie ()
Date: November 08, 2020 04:47PM

The above content is of a creative, satirical nature. Any semblances of or references to any real persons or places are for entertainment purposes only and the content creator is not responsible for any rustled jimmies or butthurt feely weelies.

"And ultimately, I'm not the governor, but the governor may have to nationalize the National Guard to enforce the law," ---- That is a treasonous death threat against an estimated TWO MILLION Virginians who own magazines over 10rds. Not only is such confiscation a Second Amendment issue, EX POST FACTO Law is constitutionally prohibited.

These idiots don't even realize that their THREAT to send the national guard out to confiscate firearms would naturally entail KILLING tens to hundreds of thousands of otherwise peaceful Virginians who will absolutely not comply with any theft of privately owned property under color of law. This threat to send the guard door to door is not satirical, its not some stupid joke or meme.. The idiots who say these kinds of truly treasonous things are given the highest platforms to say them and then they go home and sleep under armed guard. Despotism has reached a new height and Beto is already Biden's new "Gun Tsar" so in the first hundred day they PROMISE they "will come for your AR15, your AK47"

I think people just want to be left alone.. I hope these despotic bastards come to their senses very soon.

Posted by: Can I get a fact check pls ()
Date: November 08, 2020 06:03PM

All of those who signed a "ID confirmation form" should have had their picture taken while doing so to be compared to all other ID confirmation forms and to the DMV database using facial recognition. A thumb print should also be inked on the statement.

I think if someone is willing to sign a statement saying they have proper ID but forgot it they would also not have any problem inking a thumb print and posing for a moment to be photographed for Facial Recognition databases...

If someone writes you a personal check and you dont have an account of your own you can go to the issuing bank and cash it with a thumbprint. Are these race baiting Democrats going to claim black people cant afford thumbs now? If I was black I would be offended.

Cops can Identify people on scene with thumb prints. In the event a voter is not in any system the facial recognition serves as a backup. The DMV already uses the required software - that is why you cant smile anymore. At the very least everyone who votes multiple times would be identified. The DOC database could pick out felons voting under someone else's name. Immigration records could pick out non-citizens trying to vote. Most dead people had DMV photos in their lifetime too.

These simple safeguards were not implemented because they would defeat the entire purpose of allowing a "sworn statement". The "felony penalty" is security theater without any mechanism of enforcement. The first thing the new wave of Democrats did was go after voter ID because they fully intend to keep the state blue forever by FRAUD

GOOGLE is committing the crime of disseminating false information about an election. Tweaking their algorithms to deceive residents of the Commonwealth into the belief that the electoral system is secure. Democrats insisted that adding "signed ID confirmation forms" was "the will of the people" so why are their silicon valley cronies so keen to downplay the nature of this new bill? Why are there no enforcement mechanisms in place?

gee I wonder

Attachments:
lies3.png
lies1.png

Posted by: Uncle Ralph ()
Date: November 08, 2020 06:08PM

Strange how every gun shop in America will tell you to get lost if you claim to have 'forgotten' your ID. Perhaps it's long passed time to use the same form for voting and firearm purchases as both are Rights deserving equal standing.

Posted by: funny how that works ()
Date: November 08, 2020 06:16PM

Uncle Ralph Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Strange how every gun shop in America will tell
> you to get lost if you claim to have 'forgotten'
> your ID. Perhaps it's long passed time to use the
> same form for voting and firearm purchases as both
> are Rights deserving equal standing.

Private gun sales without ID were legal until July 1 2020 which is ironically the exact same day voting without ID became legal

I wish I believed in hell cause Democrats would go there.

Posted by: Sun Tzu said ()
Date: November 09, 2020 02:38AM

'Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.'

all the NG bitches I know cant camp out without a snuggie and an air mattress

Posted by: Fuck RCPD ()
Date: November 21, 2020 02:49PM

Capture the flag in Richmond this morning looked fun!
Attachments:
FB_IMG_1605987303559.jpg
images.jpeg

Posted by: Virginia knights ()
Date: November 21, 2020 02:53PM

Viva la boog
Attachments:
398bh3.png
captcha.jpg

Posted by: Blue helmet go ding ()
Date: November 26, 2020 03:52PM

https://youtu.be/oKj4b2IEhYI

That Time The CDC Asked About Defensive Gun Uses
Paul Hsieh.

Last month, I discussed the need for more robust and intellectually balanced research into gun use in the United States. In particular, I proposed that “Any Study Of ‘Gun Violence’ Should Include How Guns Save Lives.”

In particular, a 2013 study ordered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and conducted by The National Academies’ Institute of Medicine and National Research Council reported that, “Defensive use of guns by crime victims is a common occurrence”:

Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million, in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008.

Subsequently, I learned of a recent paper by Florida State University professor Gary Kleck, “What Do CDC’s Surveys Say About the Frequency of Defensive Gun Uses?“

Kleck looked at some previously unpublished results from the CDC surveys conducted in the 1990s and concluded:

In 1996, 1997, and 1998, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) conducted large-scale surveys asking about defensive gun use (DGU) in four to six states. Analysis of the raw data allows the estimation of the prevalence of DGU for those areas. Estimates based on CDC’s surveys confirm estimates for the same sets of states based on data from the 1993 National Self-Defense Survey (Kleck and Gertz 1995). Extrapolated to the U.S. as a whole CDC’s survey data imply that defensive uses of guns by crime victims are far more common than offensive uses by criminals. CDC has never reported these results.

Subsequently, Kleck removed this version of the paper, although a copy of the original can be found here. As reported by Reason editor Brian Doherty:

You will note the original link doesn’t work right now. It was pointed out to me by Robert VerBruggen of National Review that Kleck treats the CDC’s surveys discussed in this paper as if they were national in scope, as Kleck’s original survey was, but they apparently were not. From VerBruggen’s own looks at CDC’s raw data, it seems that over the course of the three years, the following 15 states were surveyed: Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Montana, Ohio, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. (Those states, from 2000 census data, contained around 27 percent of the U.S. population.) Informed of this, Kleck says he will recalculate the degree to which CDC’s survey work indeed matches or corroborates his, and we will publish a discussion of those fresh results when they come in. But for now Kleck has pulled the original paper from the web pending his rethinking the data and his conclusions.

Furthermore, economist Alex Tabarrok has noted an interesting issue of statistics in his blog post, “Defensive Gun Use and the Difficult Statistics of Rare Events“:

People answering surveys can be mistaken and some lie and the reasons go both ways. Some people might be unwilling to answer because a defensive gun use might have been illegal (Would these people refuse to answer?). On the other hand, mischievous responders might report a defensive gun use just because that makes them sound cool.

The deep problem, however, is not miscodings per se but that miscodings of rare events are likely to be asymmetric. Since defensive gun use is relatively uncommon under any reasonable scenario there are many more opportunities to miscode in a way that inflates defensive gun use than there are ways to miscode in a way that deflates defensive gun use…

The bottom line is that it’s good to know that the original Kleck and Gertz survey replicated — approximately 1% of adult Americans did report a defensive gun use in the 1990s — but the real issue is the interpretation of the survey and for that a replication doesn’t help.

So what can Americans interested in rational gun policy make of this?

My own preliminary conclusions:

1) We still don’t really know how many defensive gun uses (DGUs) there are each year.

Doherty offers his own analysis of reasons why reported numbers might be both too low or too high in his 2015 article, “How to Count the Defensive Use of Guns.”

2) The number of DGUs has likely increased since the 1990s.

The numbers of Americans with legal concealed weapons permits has increased dramatically from the 1990s to today, as more states have adopted laws allowing such permits. It would make sense that the numbers of DGUs has likely increased as well.

3) We don’t know why the CDC chose not to publish that data from the 1990s.

Kleck offers some ideas in his original paper. One possible explanation:

Another factor, however, might also have played a role in the decision of CDC personnel to not report the DGU findings. For CDC’s own surveys to generate high estimates of DGU prevalence was clearly not helpful to efforts to enact stricter controls over firearms, since it implies that some such measures might disarm people who otherwise would have been able to use a gun for self-protection.

One CDC official in the 1990s openly told the Washington Post that his goal was to create a public perception of gun ownership as something “dirty, deadly — and banned.” Given that history, I can’t dismiss Kleck’s critique.

4) The right to self-defense does not depend on statistics (echoing a point I made last month).

I especially like Doherty’s discussion on this:

However interesting attempts to estimate the inherently uncountable social phenomenon of innocent DGUs (while remembering that defensive gun use generally does not mean defensive gun firing, indeed it likely only means that less than a quarter of the time), when it comes to public policy, no individual’s right to armed self-defense should be up for grabs merely because a social scientist isn’t convinced a satisfyingly large enough number of other Americans have defended themselves with a gun.

In summary, the topics of “gun violence” and defensive gun uses are still topics worthy of objective scientific research. And again, any study of ‘gun violence’ should include how guns save lives.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.