HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: May 19, 2010 03:18PM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100519/ap_on_hi_te/as_pakistan_facebook

Pakistan has blocked Facebook in anticipation of this.

I can see both sides of the argument. On one hand, participants know it will offend Muslims, but will do it anyway.

On the other hand, if you're not Muslim, and not living in a country under Sharia law, you're not bound by the tenets of that faith, including the ban on depicting Muhammad.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 19, 2010 03:31PM

Quote
MrMephisto to eesh

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/348993/349313.html#msg-349313

www.fark.com
www.cracked.com

There. Now, instead of re-posting everything from those sites, people can go straight to the source, and maybe you can use all the free time to get a fucking life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 19, 2010 03:35PM

The Facebook page at the center of the dispute — "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day!" — encourages users to post images of the prophet on May 20 to protest threats made by a radical Muslim group against the creators of "South Park" for depicting Muhammad in a bear suit during an episode earlier this year.


It just goes to show the more you try to censor and discourage something, people will do the exact opposite.

As far as banning Facebook, I'm surprised Pakistan hadn't already blocked it permanently like it is in China. All sorts of "immoral" happenings on Facebook and all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: help me ()
Date: May 19, 2010 04:12PM

How do they plan to control the internet? If you google Muhammad you will get over 45 million hits. It might be easy to threaten a few book authors, a television station or a newspaper but how do you monitor that many sites to stop it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: May 19, 2010 04:13PM

And maybe some in Pakistan will fight back against censorship like this lady did in Saudi Arabia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1279299/Saudi-woman-beats-virtue-cop-stops-walking-man.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Date: May 19, 2010 04:21PM

3469661974_b3bfd831fb.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: May 19, 2010 04:58PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> QuoteMrMephisto to eesh
>
> http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/34
> 8993/349313.html#msg-349313
>
> www.fark.com
> www.cracked.com
>
> There. Now, instead of re-posting everything from
> those sites, people can go straight to the source,
> and maybe you can use all the free time to get a
> fucking life.

STAY ON YOUR SIDE OF THE INTERNET, EESH!

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: May 19, 2010 05:20PM

pgens Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And maybe some in Pakistan will fight back against
> censorship like this lady did in Saudi Arabia.
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-
> 1279299/Saudi-woman-beats-virtue-cop-stops-walking
> -man.html

Information is the key to progression. For years, these people have been living with this kind of oppression, without knowing how the rest of the world lives. As the world gets smaller, they are going to want the same rights that other progressive nations enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: May 19, 2010 05:28PM

I have no respect whatsoever for Islam because it offers no respect to anyone else. So here is my contribution. You might see it on YouTube tomorrow as part of Tfoots campaign.
Attachments:
modarts2sm.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: May 19, 2010 05:49PM

Numbers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have no respect whatsoever for Islam because it
> offers no respect to anyone else. So here is my
> contribution. You might see it on YouTube tomorrow
> as part of Tfoots campaign.

Muslims are completely overlooking the fact that you can point to literally ANYTHING, and say it represents Muhammad. What you drew is just a guy with a beard in a turban until you say it's Muhammad.

Or, you could say it's just a guy with a beard in a turban, and the map represents Muhammad. It's the same thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: May 19, 2010 06:42PM

I could add something to the pic to show that the guy in the beard is my interpretation of Mohammed and the map shows all the countries ruined by Islam, but I think folks get the point (no pun intended).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 19, 2010 08:24PM

\
Attachments:
500x_talrex.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: May 19, 2010 08:57PM

Eesh, did you do that one?
I like it!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 19, 2010 09:02PM

Numbers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Eesh, did you do that one?
> I like it!


Nah, I don't own photoshop. I got it off http://www.io9.com

The raptor driving the jeep and the suicide bomber dino are priceless. Too bad it is just a fake ad, it would make a great film.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: May 19, 2010 09:03PM

I've never understood why we're allowed to illustrate images of Jesus, Moses, Buddha, and so on, but for some reasom Mohammed is "Off Limits". Mohammed isn't God, he was a mortal person. For some odd reason though, we can't draw him, and therefore no one even has a clue about what he looked like. I'm starting to wonder if Mohammed even existed in the first place.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 19, 2010 09:14PM

ThePackLeader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've never understood why we're allowed to
> illustrate images of Jesus, Moses, Buddha, and so
> on, but for some reasom Mohammed is "Off Limits".
> Mohammed isn't God, he was a mortal person. For
> some odd reason though, we can't draw him, and
> therefore no one even has a clue about what he
> looked like. I'm starting to wonder if Mohammed
> even existed in the first place.



Yup, and for a peace loving religion like Islam, they love to threaten and harass anyone that even remotely slights them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: May 19, 2010 09:21PM

ThePackLeader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've never understood why we're allowed to
> illustrate images of Jesus, Moses, Buddha, and so
> on, but for some reasom Mohammed is "Off Limits".


It's been because people were too afraid to draw him. Look what's happened to the other people that did it. The only place in the world that doesn't give a shit about Mohammed and Islam is the US. Muslims already despise us, so it really can't get any worse. It will be interesting what happens tomorrow when everyone and his brother draws nasty pics of Mohammed and shows the all over YouTube and the web.

They brought this on themselves for being such insecure, volatile retards. The only thing that will ever sort them out is ridicule and shame. Eventually some of them might take a second and wonder why everyone goofs on them and why all islamic countries are shitholes.



> Mohammed isn't God, he was a mortal person. For
> some odd reason though, we can't draw him, and
> therefore no one even has a clue about what he
> looked like. I'm starting to wonder if Mohammed
> even existed in the first place.


Pretty sure Mohammed was a real person, but his dream of a "germ seed" and his hallucinations of Allah are all bullshit and political.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2010 09:23PM by Numbers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 19, 2010 09:34PM

Numbers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> They brought this on themselves for being such
> insecure, volatile retards. The only thing that
> will ever sort them out is ridicule and shame.
> Eventually some of them might take a second and
> wonder why everyone goofs on them and why all
> islamic countries are shitholes.



+1

The more they raise their fists at the Western world, the worse off they become.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: observer x ()
Date: May 19, 2010 10:07PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The more they raise their fists at the Western
> world, the worse off they become.


I wish that were true, but it's not clear to me that it is.

The wheel's still in spin.

The key will be how far they've advanced their game (demographically and otherwise) when the oil money runs out circa early 2100.

Sans oil money, Islam would have remained the isolated backwater it had been for the past several centuries. The infusion of cash awakened a sleeping giant whose medieval dream of global conquest had never died.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 19, 2010 10:12PM

observer x Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Sans oil money, Islam would have remained the
> isolated backwater it had been for the past
> several centuries. The infusion of cash awakened
> a sleeping giant whose medieval dream of global
> conquest had never died.



Hopefully we will be running on some technology that doesn't use fossil fuel decades before we run out of it.

It would be great if no Western money flowing into the Middle East would spell the end to Islam's influence and power, but look at Afghanistan. WTF? What do they produce? What do they have of any use to the world?? Yet, they still remain a sore to the entire planet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: May 19, 2010 10:16PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------


> What do they produce? What do they have of any use
> to the world??


Heroine!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 19, 2010 10:22PM

Numbers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> eesh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
>
> > What do they produce? What do they have of any
> use
> > to the world??
>
>
> Heroine!




Haha Proving once more they are a tumor on the world.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: dumbass! ()
Date: May 19, 2010 10:27PM

Numbers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> eesh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
>
> > What do they produce? What do they have of any
> use
> > to the world??
>
>
> Heroine!


That would be Heroin, not heroine, which is a female hero, idiot!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: May 19, 2010 10:34PM

dumbass! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> That would be Heroin, not heroine, which is a
> female hero, idiot!


Sorry Teacher, it's not a word I spell very often. Are you gonna call my parents and get me in trouble or just give me a good spanking?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 19, 2010 10:40PM

dumbass! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Numbers Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > eesh Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> >
> >
> > > What do they produce? What do they have of
> any
> > use
> > > to the world??
> >
> >
> > Heroine!
>
>
> That would be Heroin, not heroine, which is a
> female hero, idiot!
Attachments:
song-chart-memes-misspelling-internet1-500x310.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day
Posted by: observer x ()
Date: May 19, 2010 10:44PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hopefully we will be running on some technology
> that doesn't use fossil fuel decades before we run
> out of it.

I gotta think we're gonna figure this one out, but really, who knows?


> It would be great if no Western money flowing into
> the Middle East would spell the end to Islam's
> influence and power, but look at Afghanistan. WTF?
> What do they produce? What do they have of any use
> to the world?? Yet, they still remain a sore to
> the entire planet.

I believe that if all the oil money from the Middle East were cut off today, Afghanistan would be largely neutered as, at least, a threat to those outside its borders.

But how entrenched/self-sustaining will radical Islam be, in Afghanistan and elsewhere, if it can keep aggressively pushing forward its political agenda, sustained by oil money, for another 50-100 years?

That is the question. And probably impossible to answer. (Who could have predicted, in 1900, the state of the world in 2000?)

I wonder too about the long-term impact of modernity on Islam -- that modernity which has had such a corrosive effect on religious beliefs and traditions in the West.

Also, radical Islam at least arguably arises from a particular interpretation of the Koran (Wahhabism, Qutbism); it is not impossible that a charismatic figure, along the lines of a Martin Luther, could arise to lead something like a Reformation in the Islamic world.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **     **  ********  ********   **    **  **      ** 
 ***   ***  **    **  **     **  **   **   **  **  ** 
 **** ****      **    **     **  **  **    **  **  ** 
 ** *** **     **     **     **  *****     **  **  ** 
 **     **    **      **     **  **  **    **  **  ** 
 **     **    **      **     **  **   **   **  **  ** 
 **     **    **      ********   **    **   ***  ***  
This forum powered by Phorum.