HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Mexico issues travel alert over new law in Arizona
Posted by: Speedy ()
Date: April 27, 2010 12:52PM

The Associated Press
Tuesday, April 27, 2010; 8:25 AM

MEXICO CITY -- Mexico's government is warning its citizens about travel to Arizona because of a tough new immigration law there.

The travel alert from the Foreign Relations Department urges Mexicans in Arizona to "act with prudence and respect the framework of local laws."

It says that the law's passage shows "an adverse political atmosphere for migrant communities and for all Mexican visitors."

It says that once the law takes effect, foreigners can be detained if they fail to carry immigration documents. While enforcement details are not yet clear, the alert says "it should be assumed that any Mexican citizen could be bothered and questioned for no other reason at any moment."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mexico issues travel alert over new law in Arizona
Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: April 27, 2010 01:05PM

Well that was dumb.

I like how Mexico is trying to incinuate that this is a politically racist law, even though they are aiding and abetting thier own lawbreaking citizens just by issuing this politically motivated anti-"white establisment" warning.

Posted by: also ran ()
Date: April 27, 2010 01:08PM

"foreigners can be detained if they fail to carry immigration documents. While enforcement details are not yet clear, the alert says "it should be assumed that any Mexican citizen could be bothered and questioned for no other reason at any moment."

Sounds fair to me. I travel to Mexico with the same understanding. Last time I went I had to let them know where I was going, the purpose of my visit, how long I was staying and who I was with.

I could be wrong but I think you are required to carry your passport with you at all times when you enter another country.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: April 27, 2010 01:21PM

im sure arizona is going to be in dire straits with the lack of mexican tourism.

wait a second...

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: April 27, 2010 01:24PM

Mexico's Alert to Citizens Traveling to USA = Watch out. You might be jailed by police if you don't have your papers in order.

USA Alert to Citizens Traveling to Mexico = Watch out. You might be kidnapped, ransomed and murdered by marauding drug gangs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: April 27, 2010 03:25PM

^ ^ ^ That was HOMOSEXUAL ^ ^ ^

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 28, 2010 07:34AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mexico's Alert to Citizens Traveling to USA =
> Watch out. You might be jailed by police if you
> don't have your papers in order.
>
> USA Alert to Citizens Traveling to Mexico = Watch
> out. You might be kidnapped, ransomed and murdered
> by marauding drug gangs.

Don't forget the swine flu!

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: April 28, 2010 08:41AM

Illegal immigrants in the US have more rights than legal immigrants do in Mexico. LIMITED SYMPATHY.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: April 28, 2010 09:07AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> Mexico's Alert to Citizens Traveling to USA =
> Watch out. You might be jailed by police if you
> don't have your papers in order.
>
> USA Alert to Citizens Traveling to Mexico = Watch
> out. You might be kidnapped, ransomed and murdered
> by marauding drug gangs.

You left off the warning about getting the shits after drinking the water....

Posted by: Regis-turd Voter ()
Date: April 28, 2010 09:45AM

NOw this is a thread even a turd could love

Date: April 29, 2010 01:24AM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> Illegal immigrants in the US have more rights than
> legal immigrants do in Mexico. LIMITED SYMPATHY.

+1

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: britdrnva! ()
Date: April 29, 2010 03:33PM

I don't much care for these laws in AZ but you know I don't get why Mexico is getting their sombrero's in a twist here.

If you look at Mexican laws on immigration they are a lot worse than any of ours.

Anyone caught illegally being in the country faces 2-10 years in prison. You have to carry national ID on you and register if you're a foreigner in Mexico (other than a tourist) if you're stopped and don't have the right papers on hand you are subject to arrest as an illegal (even if you are legal and just forgot your papers). All levels of law enforcement including the military police immigration and are notoriously corrupt/brutal - especially to immigrants passing through Mexico on their way to the US.

Sounds a bit like the pot calling the kettle here to me.

Date: April 29, 2010 03:35PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> Illegal immigrants in the US have more rights than
> legal immigrants do in Mexico. LIMITED SYMPATHY.

Correction:

Illegal immigrants in the US have more rights than Mexicans do in Mexico.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: April 30, 2010 12:13PM

Good opinion piece.

The Big Alienation
Uncontrolled borders and Washington's lack of self-control.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704302304575214613784530750.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_sections_opinion

The establishments of the American political parties, and the media, are full of people who think concern about illegal immigration is a mark of racism. If you were Freud you might say, "How odd that's where their minds so quickly go, how strange they're so eager to point an accusing finger. Could they be projecting onto others their own, heavily defended-against inner emotions?" But let's not do Freud, he's too interesting. Maybe they're just smug and sanctimonious.

The American president has the power to control America's borders if he wants to, but George W. Bush and Barack Obama did not and do not want to, and for the same reason, and we all know what it is. The fastest-growing demographic in America is the Hispanic vote, and if either party cracks down on illegal immigration, it risks losing that vote for generations.

But while the Democrats worry about the prospects of the Democrats and the Republicans about the well-being of the Republicans, who worries about America?

No one.
Which the American people have noticed, and which adds to the dangerous alienation—actually it's at the heart of the alienation—of the age.

In the past four years, I have argued in this space that nothing can or should be done, no new federal law passed, until the border itself is secure. That is the predicate, the commonsense first step. Once existing laws are enforced and the border made peaceful, everyone in the country will be able to breathe easier and consider, without an air of clamor and crisis, what should be done next. What might that be? How about relax, see where we are, and absorb. Pass a small, clear law—say, one granting citizenship to all who serve two years in the armed forces—and then go have a Coke. Not everything has to be settled right away. Only controlling the border has to be settled right away.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Date: April 30, 2010 02:45PM

britdrnva! Wrote:
> I don't get why Mexico is getting their
> sombrero's in a twist here.

file.php?40,file=3517

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: April 30, 2010 08:53PM

-Mexicans kill an American Rancher and his Dog, but eh Senor, it's all cool chulo.

-Americans arrest a beaner rapist, and suddenly the Government of Dirty Mexico goes ape shit with indignation.

These fags sure do love America:

Truth be told:

This is where it's at:

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: May 01, 2010 07:20PM

who cares?

I'm putting up the closed sign on this thread. Here it goes--
Attachments:
closed-sign.jpg

Date: May 01, 2010 09:13PM

Hey young chap, could you put that nifty sign of yours on our border fence instead?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.