HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Noah's Ark Discovered? Hoax?
Posted by: Genesis ()
Date: April 27, 2010 11:31AM

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2949640/Noahs-Ark-found-in-Turkey.html

THE remains of Noah's Ark have been discovered 13,000ft up a Turkish mountain, it has been claimed.

A group of Chinese and Turkish evangelical explorers say they have found wooden remains on Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey.

They claim carbon dating proves the relics are 4,800 years old — around the same time the ark was said to be afloat.

Biblical tale ... Noah filled the ark with two of each animal species
Yeung Wing-Cheung, from the Noah's Ark Ministries International research team, said: "It's not 100 per cent that it is Noah's Ark, but we think it is 99.9 per cent that this is it."

He said the structure contained several compartments, some with wooden beams, that they believe were used to house animals.

The group of evangelical archaeologists ruled out an established human settlement on the grounds none have ever been found above 11,000ft in the vicinity, Yeung said.

Local Turkish officials will ask the central government in Ankara to apply for UNESCO World Heritage status so the site can be protected while a major archaeological dig is conducted.

The biblical story says that God decided to flood the Earth after seeing how corrupt it was.

He then told Noah to build an ark and fill it with two of every animal species.

After the flood waters receded, the Bible says, the ark came to rest on a mountain.

Many believe that Mount Ararat, the highest point in the region, is where the ark and her inhabitants ran aground.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Noah's Ark Discovered? Hoax?
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: April 27, 2010 11:34AM

How would wood last for almost 5000 years?

EDIT: The origins of Noah's ark have been shown to be much older than the story told in the Bible. Every religion and culture in that region has an epic flood story. There is no such thing as Noah's ark.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2010 11:36AM by eesh.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()

"The group of evangelical archaeologists ruled out an established human settlement on the grounds none have ever been found above 11,000ft in the vicinity, Yeung said."

there's an oxymoron if I've ever seen one...

Posted by: Tigerstyle ()

Genesis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Yeung Wing-Cheung, from the Noah's Ark Ministries
> International research team, said: "It's not 100
> per cent that it is Noah's Ark, but we think it is
> 99.9 per cent that this is it."
>

HOLY SHIT!

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 27, 2010 11:35AM

We found some old pieces of wood, it must be Noah's Arc!

Date: April 27, 2010 11:35AM

Too bad a great flood 4,800 years ago doesn't jive with the history of the rest of the world...

http://www.mesopotamia.co.uk/time/explore/main_mes.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Date: April 27, 2010 11:38AM

This group is questionable at best. Here is a shot of them admiring their previous find of a fossilized angel.

simpsons%20angel.png

Posted by: Touchdown Jesus ()
Date: April 27, 2010 11:47AM

Finding Noah's Ark is pale in compariison to this. Jesus once
saved these people and now they're trying to save Him.

http://www.middletownjournal.com/lifestyle/ohio-churches-religion-faith/touchdown-jesus-statue-to-get-facelift-640513.html

Date: April 27, 2010 11:53AM

Noah's Ark + Doom Engine =

s3dna1.jpgSuper%20Noah%27s%20Ark%203D%20%282%29.gigamesnoah3d2.gifgamesnoah3d1.gif

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: April 27, 2010 11:54AM

THE SUN IS THERE

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: April 27, 2010 12:26PM

4,800 years old? How did they get the dinosaurs on there?

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: April 27, 2010 12:28PM

I heard this story several years ago. Same basic facts; it was found on a mountain in Turkey, carbon-dating showed it to be the right age, etc.

I believe in some pretty ridiculous things, but the idea that polar bears, elephants, penguins, parrots, bees, spiders, lions, and koala bears all lived on a non-climate-controlled boat for a long time without eating each other and still in good enough shape to repopulate the world is flat-out unbelievable.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Date: April 27, 2010 12:36PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> I heard this story several years ago. Same basic
> facts; it was found on a mountain in Turkey,
> carbon-dating showed it to be the right age, etc.
>

My mom dragged me to the theater to see this stupid thing back in the 70s...

insearch.jpg

She also dragged me to "Beyond and Back." She was into all of that crap.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: April 27, 2010 12:40PM

I never saw that movie, but it looks like it'd be narrated by Leonard Nimoy a la In Search Of.

Date: April 27, 2010 12:42PM

My mom bought me a David vs Goliath toy set. Naturally I cut Goliath's head off. The rest of the figures were melted with a magnifying glass alongside little green army men and/or shot with BBs. Who'd have ever thought David and Cobra Commander's mutilated bodies would share a mass grave?

Posted by: yup ()
Date: April 27, 2010 12:44PM

The sun seems to be a great source of information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sun_(newspaper)

Date: April 27, 2010 12:45PM

Warhawk Wrote:
> I never saw that movie, but it looks like it'd be
> narrated by Leonard Nimoy a la In Search Of.

"In Search Of" was a TV series in the 70s that was narrated by Nimoy. I'm sure he probably did an episode on the Ark.

The movie I saw was produced by a small religious film outfit. I remember it was narrated by an overweight guy with glasses who was probably a celebrity in Christian circles back then. I remember they would book one theater in town and hype the heck out of it to the point there was a line around the theater. Of course, there wouldn't be a line if it was in more than one theater, but they still got the TV stations to come out and cover it.

Date: April 27, 2010 12:54PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> I remember it was narrated by an
> overweight guy - CHECK

with glasses - CHECK

who was probably a
> celebrity in Christian circles back then. - CHECK

1514688-ms.jpg

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: April 27, 2010 01:19PM

yup Wrote:
> The sun seems to be a great source of information.
>
>
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sun_(newspaper)

link fail.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: April 27, 2010 01:21PM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I remember it was narrated by an
> > overweight guy - CHECK
>
> with glasses - CHECK
>
>
> who was probably a
> > celebrity in Christian circles back then. -
> CHECK
>
>

That's the bastard!

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: April 27, 2010 03:35PM

Perhaps the OP should actually read Genesis. It's like a good horror movie but with more death and destruction than an Arnold film and a sad ending (the good guys lose).

According to the story, the sick and twisted Old Test God decided to kill every living thing on Earth, because it wasn't going according to his plan. Mankind (the he created) had become corrupt.
If his plan failed, he failed and is not omnipotent.

So because a few specimens in his little ant colony were acting up, he decides it better to just kill everything. Great Plan!

So (air breathing) creatures (two of each) come from far and wide, across vast oceans and from places that wouldn't be discovered for thousands of years and walk right onto a boat.

For a moment, lets assume that's true and think of the enormous amount of water a boat would have to displace. In order to achieve this, my guess is it would take a fleet of aircraft carriers and several cargo ships filled with supplies (food, fresh drinking water, tools, sanitation, etc..) to last for the duration of the flood (which at that time, Noah had no idea).

Now then, when the flood was over, what did they eat until all the vegetation grew back (he surely brought seeds with him to replant, right). The only thing left alive would have been birds, which would have also starved to death because everything was dead.

Anyone that believes the Noahs Ark story is a complete idiot and should be sterilized immediately.

Posted by: biggy ()
Date: April 27, 2010 03:52PM

Numbers Wrote:
> Anyone that believes the Noahs Ark story is a
> complete idiot and should be sterilized
> immediately.

Can we add the fuckers who pray at the alter of Al Gore's Chicken Little church too?

Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: April 27, 2010 03:54PM

Numbers, your argument doesn't 'hold water', and quite frankly is MOOT. Maybe you shouldn't try taking the Bible litterally word for word, and stop making bombastic statements like 'God's plan failed', because you are the failure here. You are the one who deems his actions a failure. Hell your life is a FAILURE, but guess what, someday you will be judged by it. (you know, judged BY that creationist failure guy, you idiot).

By the way, the BIBLE WAS A BOOK OF IT'S TIME, 4 IT'S TIME. A book that included stories and painted pictures of events in past history. This book also gave peoole of old, a 'good book' to dwell in and read, to get whatever meaning God wanted it to have to them, and YOU today. What I get from the Bible is a warning from God to live a just life and treat others like you would want to be treated. It also includes a set of rules (THE TEN COMMANDMENTS) which are a short but broad generalization of HOW TO LIVE A GOOD LIFE. The most important is the message of JESUS AND HIS DUTY TO GODS PEOPLE,(those who repent amd do not exalt themselves on a holier than thou crusade to prove God FAILED ah-hem Numbers). Lastly the stories of the Bible are there for people who read and meditate on the Bible to learn from others mistakes in the past. Almost like olden day television.

Date: April 27, 2010 05:15PM

Troll@AOL Wrote:
> Numbers, your argument doesn't 'hold water', and
> quite frankly is MOOT. Maybe you shouldn't try
> taking the Bible litterally word for word, and
> stop making bombastic statements like 'God's plan
> failed', because you are the failure here. You
> are the one who deems his actions a failure. Hell
> your life is a FAILURE, but guess what, someday
> you will be judged by it. (you know, judged BY
> that creationist failure guy, you idiot).

LOL! Sounds to me like you take the bible literally. Otherwise you wouldn't be so afraid of the all loving Gods wrath on innocent people with differing and more rational views.

Admit it, you're afraid of God, like a jew would be of Hitler. Only a sick megalomaniac would want to be worshipped and only a slightly more deranged megalomaniac would demand worship or be tortured for eternity.

> By the way, the BIBLE WAS A BOOK OF IT'S TIME, 4
> IT'S TIME.

Right and it should not be taken seriously today anymore than the King Arthur stories with Merlin and Excalibur or the countless other myths and legends.

> A book that included stories and
> painted pictures of events in past history. This
> book also gave peoole of old, a 'good book' to
> dwell in and read,

Filled with endorsed slavery, incest, wholesale slaughter of entire cultures, insanity and magic.

> to get whatever meaning God
> wanted it to have to them, and YOU today. What I
> get from the Bible is a warning from God to live a
> just life and treat others like you would want to
> be treated.

Did you need the bible to teach you that? Mankind would have extinguished itself hundreds of thousands of years before the 10 commandments without some sort of moral code. Are you saying that if no one told you the 10 commandments, that you would be an awful person?

> It also includes a set of rules (THE
> TEN COMMANDMENTS) which are a short but broad
> generalization of HOW TO LIVE A GOOD LIFE.

Lets see how many are actually useful:
1) You shall have no other gods before me.
(meaning) Don't listen to anyone but me. Yes, there are hundreds of others claiming to be God, but I'm the real one. Hahahaha.

2)You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

So the jealous god says, "No pictures. I want to be on the down low. If you do, you're in deep shit".

3) You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

Don't criticize me. I just can't take that.

4) Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy

More commandments about himself. Still nothing useful or helpful.

The last six were already in place, long before Moses.

> most important is the message of JESUS AND HIS
> DUTY TO GODS PEOPLE,(those who repent amd do not
> exalt themselves on a holier than thou crusade to
> prove God FAILED ah-hem Numbers). Lastly the
> stories of the Bible are there for people who read
> and meditate on the Bible to learn from others
> mistakes in the past. Almost like olden day
> television.

Oh dear, you are in deep. Enjoy your life of fear and servitude to mythology. The rest of us will go ahead and enjoy life and think rationally.

Date: April 27, 2010 05:38PM

How does the whole Adam/Eve and then Noah and his wife/children being the only humans alive discount the obvious genetic problems with inbreeding as the human race began to repopulate? If you need to procreate and all you have is your sister, well then good sir, no thank you.

My former neighbors were from Pakistan and are first cousins. Their kid is messed up - genetic heart defects, late development, you name it. What would happen with brothers and sisters? Or did God just give humanity a pass for a little bit and then decide to reinstitute that fine print later on?

Date: April 27, 2010 06:53PM

How about even GENETICS would not get in the way of GOD's WILL. So your theory is shit. Also NUMBERS YOU ARE THE ONE SCARED OF GOD, not ME.

Your a true NINCUMPOOP NUMBERS -your's in Christ ASSHOLE.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Posted by: Elle Diabla ()
Date: April 27, 2010 06:56PM

Whomever believes this load of shartworthy news, is a a dumbfuck, plain and simple.

Date: April 27, 2010 06:57PM

Also dimwit, two(2) of each animal might well have included RACE now couldn't it have? Leaving you with more than just your sister to fuck, you inbred dumbfuck.

==================================================================================

Date: April 27, 2010 06:57PM

I think the find is a farse too. Don't get me wrong.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: April 27, 2010 07:04PM

eesh Wrote:
> How would wood last for almost 5000 years?
>
>
> EDIT: The origins of Noah's ark have been shown to
> be much older than the story told in the Bible.
> Every religion and culture in that region has an
> epic flood story. There is no such thing as Noah's
> ark.

Scientific evidence supports the idea of a massive regionalized flood thousand of years ago, including the rising of the Mediterranean Sea, and the subsequent creation of the Black Sea.

However, even if it appears to be a much older event than mentioned in the Bible, that doesn't make Noah's Ark false. As a matter of fact, the reality of it being mentioned in Islam, Christianity, and Judaism, lends even more credibiltiy to the story.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Date: April 27, 2010 07:23PM

Troll@AOL Wrote:
> How about even GENETICS would not get in the way
> of GOD's WILL.

You're wrong again. Genetics DO get in the way of Gods will and if you'd just open your eyes and read how evolution works, you might understand why. But that would involve a small amount of effort, which you're unlikely to expel.

>So your theory is shit.

MY theory? I'm not proposing any theory. If you're referring to my advocacy of evolution, which has been proven scientifically, it is you that have the burden of disproving it. Feel free to give it your best shot.

> NUMBERS YOU ARE THE ONE SCARED OF GOD, not ME.

Please explain.

> Your a true NINCUMPOOP NUMBERS -your's in Christ
> ASSHOLE.

Based on your grammar and spelling, one could reasonably assume you're not quite an adult yet or very undereducated, so I won't waste my time debating you on this.

Date: April 27, 2010 07:34PM

ThePackLeader Wrote:

> Scientific evidence supports the idea of a massive
> regionalized flood thousand of years ago,
> including the rising of the Mediterranean Sea, and
> the subsequent creation of the Black Sea.
>
> However, even if it appears to be a much older
> event than mentioned in the Bible, that doesn't
> make Noah's Ark false.

There would be an enormous amount of geological evidence had a MASSIVE flood occurred, but there isn't any that would account for even just one continent being submerged.

There are really big dummies out there that believe the Grand Canyon was formed during the flood, but that would be impossible.

> As a matter of fact, the
> reality of it being mentioned in Islam,
> Christianity, and Judaism, lends even more
> credibiltiy to the story.

LOL, no it doesn't! Jews are the ones that wrote the story. Christians repeated it and muslims believed it. That makes all three a bunch of dummies, without a stitch of credibility.

Date: April 27, 2010 07:40PM

ThePackLeader Wrote:
>
> the reality of it being mentioned in Islam, Christianity, and Judaism, lends even more credibiltiy to the story.

Because they're basically all the same religion. Different flavors of Abrahamic mythology.

Theology lends no credibilty to the story of Noah's Ark. Theology might address personal morals, but it doesn't address science, fact, or reality.

Date: April 27, 2010 08:03PM

Gotchya ASSHOLE, you'r wrong, that, was, idiot, bait, and YOU TOOK IT!

As far as evolution goes Senior 'NUMBERS', are you really this stoopid? Or are you just playing?

Posted by: john r. ()
Date: April 27, 2010 11:51PM

biggy Wrote:
> Can we add the fuckers who pray at the alter of Al
> Gore's Chicken Little church too?

Please, Numbers, can't we add these retards as well?

Date: April 28, 2010 01:51AM

TheMeeper Wrote:

>
> Because they're basically all the same religion.
> Different flavors of Abrahamic mythology.
>
> Theology lends no credibilty to the story of
> Noah's Ark. Theology might address personal
> morals, but it doesn't address science, fact, or
> reality.

+1

Noah's Ark is just one part of a greater mythology. Historians believe that the deluge stories in ancient literature were based on floods from rivers of the time. These myths were created when civilization was caught in the very tail end of the ice age.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2010 01:52AM by eesh.

Date: April 28, 2010 07:41AM

Troll@AOL Wrote:
> Also dimwit, two(2) of each animal might well have
> included RACE now couldn't it have? Leaving you
> with more than just your sister to fuck, you
> inbred dumbfuck.

That being the case, wouldn't we all look like this by now?

806_image_12.jpg

Date: April 28, 2010 01:32PM

Well go into an all 'White' community or an Asian community or whatever you like and YOU tell me why we all don't look like that!

Date: April 28, 2010 01:36PM

I have a better question for you, why are we all BALD and appear to be UNI-SEX in your South Park-esque rendition of what a uni-race would look like?

Date: April 28, 2010 01:37PM

Don't ask me...I didn't create that episode.

Date: April 28, 2010 10:06PM

lol, an email I got from a nutty christian chick i've mentioned on here before.

"Awesome time at church....Pastor talked about the recent Noah's Ark discovery...he showed
a slideshow of the pics the archeologists took and stuff they collected from the Ark...AMAZING....
the pastor reminded us the last time this Ark was revealed, the flood came.....GOD's timing is
perfect so there is a reason that GOD chose this time in history to reveal the Ark again. Jesus is
coming soon....WooHoo!!!!

these people are fuckin crazy

Date: April 28, 2010 10:09PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> GOD's timing is perfect so there is a reason that GOD chose this
> time in history to reveal the Ark again. Jesus is
> coming soon....WooHoo!!!!

I have heard devout Christians say that the end is near my whole life. Any war, disaster, etc. and they point to Revelations. You would think it would grow old after a while.

Date: April 28, 2010 10:17PM

eesh Wrote:
>
> You would think it would grow old after a while.

10 years ago this chick was party-central. Drugs, sex, rock and roll.

Nowadays she's just demented with Jesus, Fox News, and the apocalypse.

I've learned a whole lot from her: to wit, it really doesn't take much to corrupt weak minds with religion.

She's a tea-bagger too, nuff said.

Date: April 28, 2010 11:32PM

What I like is pinheads that condescend a person who has at the very least made a change for the better. Maybe she has believed a lie or two or a misrepresentation of actual historic events. But at least she is not a drunkard like you probably are, and she doesn't walk around with a mighter and brighter than thou, know-it-all, anti-'teabagger', doofuss ass attitude like some people I know.

Date: April 28, 2010 11:39PM

TheMeeper Wrote:

> 10 years ago this chick was party-central. Drugs,
> sex, rock and roll.
>
> Nowadays she's just demented with Jesus, Fox News,
> and the apocalypse.
>
> I've learned a whole lot from her: to wit, it
> really doesn't take much to corrupt weak minds
> with religion.
>
> She's a tea-bagger too, nuff said.

She just moved from one drug to another, from one drug pusher to another, from one scene to another. She's no better than she was and possibly even more delusional.

Date: April 28, 2010 11:44PM

Really? IYHO #'s

OMFG/ F-ing LOLzerz

...dork

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.