HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
little media coverage on 60+ US soldiers who died in Iraq so far this month...
Posted by: icantbelieveit ()
Date: April 18, 2007 06:33AM

While the Va Tech shooting was very tragic, I would like to remind people of
something else. Almost all the news media have been covering the shooting
24 hours a day.

There's little(if any) media coverage on 60+ US soldiers who died
in Iraq so far this month... The most that I've heard was
"[x number] of US soldiers were killed in Iraq today...."

Let's not forget that a lot of them are also just kids no older
than you or I.

I'm not pro or anti the war. But those brave soldiers are already there.
What's being done to lower the number of U.S. soldier casualty?

Just a thought...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: little media coverage on 60+ US soldiers who died in Iraq so far this month...
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: April 18, 2007 06:46AM

Amen to that. I also don't recall hearing even one news item on the basketball that was stolen from my neighbor's front porch. This is very serious.

How are we supposed to feel safe if the media won't report the news items that are having an adverse effect on our everyday lives?

By the way, what is this shooting at UVA you speak of?

Re: little media coverage on 60+ US soldiers who died in Iraq so far this month...
Posted by: mariokart ()
Date: April 18, 2007 12:01PM

Well, you dicks have to remember one thing. When you enlist in the military, you should expect the UNEXPECTED at all times. There is no guarantee you will come back alive and many people are injuried. As a college student, you are not trained and you should not have to worry about dangerous situations like this one where some guy just starts slaying people. Yes, it is sad we lose so much in the war everyday, but that is an entire different problem and issue from what happened at Tech. When you're in college, you don't expect to get shot in the face while sitting in class. I personally want our troops to pull back, since we aren't getting anywhere, but I feel more remorse for those killed yesterday. If you are in any war and don't realize that you can be killed any second, something is seriously wrong with you.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: April 18, 2007 12:04PM

I'm still not hearing anything about that missing basketball. You guys need to stay on topic.

Posted by: :burpgun: ()
Date: April 18, 2007 12:13PM

Heard the VT kids killed described in the media as "the fallen." Sounds a little odd to me - isn't that term historically reserved for military battle deaths?

Not a huge deal, but I'm personally hoping not to hear of them collectively referred to as "heroes..."

Posted by: D2 ()
Date: April 18, 2007 12:24PM

Dear burpgun,

Just out of curiosity, how would you refer to them? Victims? What happened at VA Tech was horrible, and the entire student body as well as a myriad of others are "victims". People must somehow be able to distinguish between the groups so as to ensure accuracy in their communications.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: April 18, 2007 12:26PM

What needs to be done in Iraq is stabalize the security issue. Getting Iraqi Security, police, and military trained up so our troops dont have to do those jobs is Key. I understand that internicene warfare is impeding that process greatly. If Bush wants to win hearts and minds he would also have to get the IRaqi infrastructure up and running, such as water, sewer, power and schools. The US cannot leave a strategic country like IRaq with Vast oil reserves, a middle position in the mideast between Iran and Israel to fall to another despotic leader or the taliban or worse Chaos. Our Troops are doing the best they can which as always is the best in the world. Just take a look at this footage.

http://break.com/index/soldier_does_harry_cary_impression.html

Posted by: nothingman49 ()
Date: April 18, 2007 12:38PM

I stole the basketball, if your neighbors want it back they most come to the lowest point in fairfax county, tonight midnight, tell them to bring several midgets for payment.

They are just so cute! Plus I can put them in my closet and bring them out whenever I want.

Date: April 18, 2007 02:45PM

Welcome to war.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: April 18, 2007 03:11PM

People don't want to deal with the war and its consequences. This is how Walter Reed happens and how our decorated war vets end up living on the streets with PTSD.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: April 18, 2007 03:15PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm still not hearing anything about that missing
> basketball. You guys need to stay on topic.

RESton Peace:
Not sure if this helps, but I saw some kids in Chantilly playing with a basketball. I've also seen some basketball's at Walmart. Did the basketball look like this picture?

I didn't see anything in the Post about it? Maybe they are still interviewing people?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2007 03:17PM by Lurker..
Attachments:
basketball.jpg

Posted by: nothingman49 ()
Date: April 18, 2007 05:13PM

Damn you Lurker! I have the ball and I want my midgets! Nothing over 3'6" please!

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: April 19, 2007 10:02AM

Lurker. Wrote:
> Have you seen my baseball?

Nice.

RESton Peace Wrote:
> I'm still not hearing anything about that missing
> basketball. You guys need to stay on topic.

I hear OJ is searching for the real "ball nappers" on every golf course in Florida.

IMUS Wrote:
> They are not "ball nappers".... get it straight, they are...

and then his words just trailed off into silence, nothing left but the sounds of his "artifical respriator", Lurker bitching about the NCAA playoffs, and too much garbage about Gun laws.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: April 30, 2007 11:47AM

this is hard to hear for some people but members of the military are expendible. we expect many to die and they do.

as for the comment on the kid calling the media "the fallen", that's a reference to saying they are fallen angles, aka demons.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.