HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
VA Tech Shooting
Posted by: right ()
Date: April 16, 2007 09:45PM

Don't get me wrong I feel sorry for the families and friends of the ones that have been injured or dead. Shooting of 30 people and it makes the national news. Ok, they are college kids but then you have to remember we have more soldiers get killed in a week and it never EVER makes the news. The best the soldiers get is there picture in the Washington Post every six months, THATS IT!!!!> It pisses me off so damn much that a few college kids get shot up and the president is making national speech yet hundreds of soldiers get killed daily and we get a sorry ass sorry . I am a former Marine 7 people have been killed in my company. I have almost lost both of my arms and now have plates and screws in my arms and all their families got was a written "sorry" letter and there last check. FUCK BUSH , FUCK VA TECH . REMEMBER THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS IN IRAQ EACH AND EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: VA Tech Shooting
Posted by: duh ()
Date: April 16, 2007 09:51PM

There's a slight difference...all but the dumbest military enlistees know the risks.

Going to class is not supposed to be hazardous duty.

Posted by: wrong ()
Date: April 16, 2007 10:29PM

who the fuck are u to talk shit about people who were killed today at tech they were innocent people just getting an education. u a little bitch for saying their lives werent worth anything. there is a huge diffrence between people who inlist in the military and kids going to college when u inlist you know they is a high risk of death when we are at war when u go to college u arent expecting that u are going to get shot up in class by some crazy fucker. u need to get ur head stright punk. ur a fucking disgrace to the marines

Posted by: wrong ()
Date: April 16, 2007 10:40PM

Ill eat ur fucking children

Posted by: Longwood ()
Date: April 17, 2007 01:32AM

I can understand why you would be angry over the Virginia Tech tradgedy getting way more headlines then the soldiers in Iraq. I felt the same way when the Colombia Space Shuttle went down. Only 5 or 6 people died in that event while dozens of people get murdered everyday and often get largely unnoticed. The astronauts were brave, but I thought the rememberance ceremonies were a little excessive and numerous with respect to others who have tragically lost their lives.

As for the Virginia Tech tradgedy, the reason it is getting so many headlines is because it is a prestigious university where nobody would expect something terrible like that to happen. Iraq and other places of war are EXPECTED to have casualties. Its wrong that the soldiers don't get honored as much since they give their lives to this country, but thats the way the media works.

The media reports what is unusual. Yesterday there was the most deadly shooting in the history of the United States and it happened where every college kid thinks they are guaranteed safety: At their University. Even a high school shooting is more reasonable to expect. The law states that every teenager must attend school, so every type of person is subjected to the high school environment which can be cruel and menacing. College is supposed to be a place where people are accepting, smart and committed while leaving much of the social burdens of high school behind. For these reasons, American Universities are the last places one would expect to see over thirty people slain and this is why it is such a shock to the nation. The Virginia Tech massacre and 9/11 have proven that nightmares can come true. If it can physically happen, it probably will happen, but hopefully on very rare occasions. Unfortunately this is the world we live in.

Every life is equal

Condolences to all that have perished and their families

Posted by: True Virginian ()
Date: April 17, 2007 01:49AM

Sir, at this site, we believe in the good, Godly word of the United States Constitution, a document conceived of by men who were of the finest stock this country has ever produced. They are men of greatness, valor, and wiseness unequaled to this day. God himself bestowed upon these men the vastness of all knowledge, so as to guide our nation to it's breathtaking dominion.

The United States Constitution says that a negro shall have the value of 2/3 of one actual man of free stock. Therefore, your supposition that all lives are equal has been held overturned by the fine document that upholds the strong moral values that make our superior nation great, just, and worthy of the keys to the kingdom of heaven, which God himself will rightly deliver to us on the day of Judgement.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: April 17, 2007 09:24AM

Hey idiots. This could have happened at any university in the US. The fact that it happened at VT just brings it closer to home. To the trolls posting as right and wrong: you both need a severe beating.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: April 17, 2007 10:11AM

I thought it was was way more realistic than that scene in Higher Learning. I mean, what kind of cliche choice is a clocktower? Of course the dorms are the most logical place to open fire, if you want maximum carnage. Those places are constructed with crap materials. A bullet would have no problem penetrating the average wall in that shithole dorm.

Posted by: § ()
Date: April 17, 2007 03:25PM

Interior walls in high occupancy dorms on all VA universities are separated by a row of cinderblock, a 4-hour burn firewall and another row of cinderblock. Most dorm doors are 2" of solid wood or solid metal (not hollow). I believe this was as result of amendments to the fire code in the 70s. I remember this because in undergrad, I was trying to share the costs of cable with an adjoining suite by drilling through to the other side and splicing the connection. Well, we made it through the first cinderblock before we ran into problems (and a hefty bill for wall repairs and a lecture on why puncturing firewalls is bad, mmmkay). -§

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: April 17, 2007 06:28PM

Yep, i went to CNU where the dorms are designed to survive a Cat-5 hurricane. No cell phone service in there, the walls are so thick.

Posted by: Longwood ()
Date: April 18, 2007 01:22AM

Hey "True Virginian"
If you knew anything about the United States constitution you would be familiar with the term "amendment." Now I know thats a big word that racist rednecks like you probably don't understand, but yes the constitution does say ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, and yes that includes black people. The fourteenth amendment of the constitution ensures that African Americans have the same rights as everyone else. They do not count as 2/3 of a person which you think is apparently still U.S. policy.

Ignorant, Racist, Dumbass

You are why the terrorists hate us

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: April 18, 2007 01:27AM

I think "True Virginian" was kidding, I fail to see how an intelligent person could take that statement seriously.

Posted by: FairF4x0r ()
Date: April 18, 2007 07:44AM

C'mon, letting them feed to trolls is SO entertaining :rollseyes:

Posted by: vee see you ()
Date: February 20, 2012 08:17PM

496 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey idiots. This could have happened at any
> university in the US. The fact that it happened at
> VT just brings it closer to home. To the trolls
> posting as right and wrong: you both need a severe
> beating.

At my school the shooter would have gone down quick.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.