HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
a racially charged HR question
Posted by: job man ()
Date: April 19, 2010 02:38PM

I have a question, forgive my spelling and grammer I am typing on an I phone and I have fat finger....

I was having lunch with the head of HOUR for a medium company, and they said they were in the process of trying to get rid of an employee who was fucking shit at their job, but they mentioned that they had to run through a whole different process becuase the employee was black. I did not want to appear stupid so did not ask about it but I would like to know why it is different from a white person, and what the processes are

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: a racially charged HR question
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 19, 2010 02:45PM

because white people can't use the race card until the hispanics take over in 2050

Posted by: haha ()
Date: April 19, 2010 02:48PM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> because white people can't use the race card until
> the hispanics take over in 2050

lol

Date: April 19, 2010 03:15PM

Here's the deal. If you are black, a woman, disabled or over 40, you are more prone to file a lawsuit due to some kind of discrimination than a white guy in his 30s. It's just a fact. Because of this, a company is deemed to be at higher risk when letting someone go who fits into these categories.

As a result the "process" involves dotting the "i's" and crossing the "t's" that should come with any termination. This would involve documenting issues with an employee, providing fair warning and written reprimands before final termination.

It's the kind of shit you have to have together in the event the fired employee takes the matter up with the EEOC. The EEOC will ask for all documentation and then issue an opinion on whether or not discrimination may have been involved. If the EEOC believes there was discrimination, it can cost the employer a shit-load of money to fight in the courts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: April 19, 2010 03:35PM

Yes, when I was working with a bunch of DOD civilians a few years ago, an Army Colonel tried getting rid of a black GS-13 because she did absolutely no work. She pulled out the race card and claimed the officer had always treated black employees with contempt.

It's things like this that make employers keep unproductive employees because of a fear of lawsuits.

Posted by: The Scab Man ()
Date: April 19, 2010 03:55PM

It cuts both ways, though. I was at a company that had pretty widespread layoffs. The first round was the true underperformers. The second round, however, became massively political. People were getting axed left and right, not because they were poor performers, but because they weren't totally "in" with those making the decisions. Lo and behold, who got protected? Whites. They weren't better or smarter, but they did play golf, belong to frats, attend similar colleges. I don't think it was overt racism, but when all was said and done twice as many minorities of every stripe got axed because they didn't have the right political backing. Shady.

Posted by: if you cant beat em , join em ()
Date: April 19, 2010 04:02PM

haha Wrote:
> Gonads & Strife Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > because white people can't use the race card
> until
> > the hispanics take over in 2050
>
>
> lol

Agreed but you have the date wrong, more like 2025 since our new President is taking a definite head in the sand approach to illegal immigration

Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: April 19, 2010 11:05PM

That's not sand, it's his ASS.

Posted by: 70chip ()
Date: April 20, 2010 12:56AM

Damn right it's a double edged sword. That's why we don't hire them. No women, no minorities, no geezers, and no medical cases. White, Male, and Christian.. 25-50 that are strictly motivated to MAKE MONEY. Strength comes from uniformity not diversity. Eliminate the hassle and distraction, and you'll be amazed to see how work and collaboration become the focus. Guess what, our customers appreciate it too. We can swear like sailors, smoke in the office, beer bust Fridays.. When you get rid of the baggage, you can liberate yourself from the head trash that clouds performance. Just a few things the PC fascists don't want you to know.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: April 20, 2010 02:14PM

70chip Wrote:
> Damn right it's a double edged sword. That's why
> we don't hire them. No women, no minorities, no
> geezers, and no medical cases. White, Male, and
> Christian.. 25-50 that are strictly motivated to
> MAKE MONEY.
Strength comes from uniformity not
> diversity. Eliminate the hassle and distraction,
> and you'll be amazed to see how work and
> collaboration become the focus. Guess what, our
> customers appreciate it too. We can swear like
> sailors, smoke in the office, beer bust Fridays.
> When you get rid of the baggage, you can liberate
> yourself from the head trash that clouds
> performance. Just a few things the PC fascists
> don't want you to know.

That doesn't sound very Christian.

Posted by: Sailor ()
Date: April 20, 2010 08:55PM

eesh Wrote:
>
> That doesn't sound very Christian.

Who do you think they are swearing to? Allah?

Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: April 21, 2010 03:05AM

You mean Jesus, idiot.

Allah is for monkey-brained Muslims.

Posted by: Doesn't sound very legal either ()
Date: April 21, 2010 03:49AM

It's illegal to discriminate against the womens. Always seemed weird to me since we keep hearing how they work cheaper than men. While not hire a whole office of women and save a bucket of money?

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 21, 2010 07:26AM

Doesn't sound very legal either Wrote:
> It's illegal to discriminate against the womens.
> Always seemed weird to me since we keep hearing
> how they work cheaper than men. While not hire a
> whole office of women and save a bucket of money?

Because nothing would get done.

Posted by: hoocoodanode ()
Date: April 24, 2010 09:09PM

There was a white man at my job who didn't do jack-shit because he was working on his business. And when he did do some work, he fucked it up. They acted like they were trying to build a federal case against him before they fired him -- they double- and triple-checked his work, put him on a performance improvement plan, and kept track of every little thing he did. But a black dude that worked there? I think he got a couple of verbal warnings before being invited to leave.

Posted by: Black guy ()
Date: April 29, 2010 06:21PM

i think theyre right to take extra precaution, us black ppl play the race car way too fucking much

Posted by: hoocoodanode ()
Date: May 01, 2010 04:58PM

Some black people don't like race cars.

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: May 01, 2010 07:09PM

Every job asks for your EOD info and since I'm a white male I obviously always choose do not respond.

The 8a companies are the fucking worst. They get priority contracts 90% of the time they can't complete or do (I worked at one of these places), and the only reason they get contracts is because they're 8a. We bilked DOT out of 300k for a project that failed, and FEMA for a million plus for a project that failed. (After working there only 2 months I was being billed as a subject matter expert 2 at $250 an hour). One of the owners was half Japanese and that's how they qualified.

I need to find an alaskan native homosexual woman and just make her a silent partner but CEO in title and just sit back and take the contract gravy.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.