HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Gretta and GRENADES - theres a big konnection
Posted by: see today's bombing news ()
Date: January 15, 2020 12:33PM

Greta_Thunberg_pissed-800x450.jpg

gretta, klimate kontrol

?m=02&d=20150809&t=2&i=1070568171&r=LYNX

grenades

serbian? bosnian? grenades (both are now muslim majority, muslims over-threw the areas)

AUSTRALIA - BEING BURN DOWN - 27+ dead, hundreds without homes - 100 to 200 arrested for "setting fires to remove 'climate change'" (actually - killing middle-lower class whites in australia was the apparent goal). it is not climate they are after.

See today's breitbart news about sweden's 100 bombings - they were (all) grenade bombings

Democrats needed Greta in California (perhaps to sign some papers or make mob deals with dems? ie her photographer?)

Climate Change is not just some crazy people - it's also people who set fire to "old white people's homes" and people who ship grenades to sweden into muslim hands

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gretta and GRENADES - theres a big konnection
Posted by: Gretta and GRENADES ()
Date: January 15, 2020 12:41PM

Posted by: r34rtre ()
Date: January 15, 2020 01:16PM

f9e42e79-16e8-44e1-bb2d-f5bfaf3b66c5-Aus

(australia) apparently klimate control politics is heating up, the "core theme of democrats", includes terrorism. you might wonder if climate control is the excuse on paper for democrats spreading attacks to excuse their where-abouts. they are of course spreading muslims and spics and terror on those who would stop them: not any change to climate. and NOT reduction to total fossil fuels: they are breeding like rabbits as if a strategy ... "we outnumber you".

that doesn't reduce emissions: and they know it.

so what is these democrats "goal"?

Posted by: the big lies ()
Date: January 15, 2020 01:20PM

calling their goal Climate Control IS A HUGE LIE

ie, in USA, they are trying to force purchase of chinese total lying products that waste huge amounts of resources: $15,000 cheap-ass chinese panels on every home - whcih btw will need regular replacement becasue they are CHEAPly china made. that's a huge cost and climate detriment, not a savings.

AND $$$$CHINA LOVES IT

so ... about Klimate Change. aren't they just terrorists?

Posted by: Igniting the Fire ()
Date: January 15, 2020 01:22PM

In a very short time, Greta Thunberg—with her searing stare, Pippi Longstocking braids, and hand-painted sign reading skolstrejk för klimatet—has become a global icon. A year ago, the 16-year-old Swedish climate activist began striking from school each Friday to protest climate inaction; last Friday, she gave a speech to hundreds of thousands of people in New York, at the Global Climate Strike, which was inspired by her protest.

Put politics in perspective.

Subscribe to Politics & Policy Daily for the biggest stories and most intriguing ideas across the political landscape.

It is always at least a little unfortunate to see a young person become an icon—it robs them of the privacy of growing up. But Thunberg is an especially flummoxing figure. She looks younger than her years, yet her speeches take a shaming, authoritative tone that is, at the very least, unusual for a child. “How dare you? You have stolen my dreams and my childhood,” she told world leaders at the United Nations today. She has also said that money and eternal economic growth are “fairy tales.” So she has inspired both public adoration and malign theorizing (mostly centered around the power of her parents).

Last week I had the chance to meet the girl behind the image. She is, thankfully, still a person. And she is even more than that: She’s a teenager.

In fact, I think her extreme teenager-ness may be key to her influence.

Thunberg and a handful of other young climate activists were receiving the Ambassador of Conscience Award from Amnesty International in Washington, D.C., last Monday. In the past 17 years, Amnesty has given the award to other icons: Nelson Mandela, Colin Kaepernick, and Ai Weiwei. Backstage, grizzled men in their 40s exchanged boisterous handclasps. Interns and assistants buzzed around: anxious, helpful, and attuned to hierarchy. Somewhere Maggie Gyllenhaal was in a dressing room.

Yet when I saw Thunberg—in jeans, sneakers, and a pink tank top—she seemed small, quiet, and somewhat overwhelmed. Thunberg has Asperger’s, which she calls her “superpower,” and which she says allows her to be more direct and straightforward about climate change.

When we got to a room apart from the hubbub, I asked her how she was managing the onslaught of attention. “When I am around too many people, I just shut off my brain, in a way to not get too tired, because I cannot take everything in,” she told me. “It’s hard to be the center of attention; I don’t like that. I have to tell myself it’s for a good cause. I am trying to say something with all this attention, to use my platform to do something good.”

Her answers were direct but earnest. She sometimes searched for an English word. Unlike politicians and book-touring authors who have been brain-poisoned by media training, she answered the questions posed. When I asked whether there was a climate fact that caused her particular worry, she frowned and first said she could not think of any one fact in particular. Then she added that she was worried about what she’d heard would be in the upcoming UN Intergovernmental Panel report on sea-level rise. Same, Greta.

She is strikingly nonradical, at least in tactics. Unlike other young climate activists—such as members of the Sunrise Movement in the United States, which is led by college students and early 20-somethings—she rejects specific policy proposals such as the Green New Deal, instructing politicians instead to “listen to the science.” She has even declined to endorse a specific platform in the European Union, where her “Fridays for Future” movement has taken hold. When I asked how other teenagers should fight climate change, she said, “They can do everything. There are so many ways to make a difference.” Then she gave, as examples, joining an activist movement and “also to, if you can, vote.”

When I wondered aloud whether young people’s rights are underrepresented in the political system, she demurred. “Sometimes it feels that way, yeah,” she said. “The problems we care about the most are usually not the ones that are being prioritized the highest. Young people are very concerned about the climate crisis and ecological crisis, and that is very underrepresented.”

Though perhaps she is moderate in speech, she can be radical in action. Thunberg’s chosen form of protest—a school strike—is uncommon in the United States, though more popular in Europe. Americans think of school as something that chiefly benefits students, not society; comparing it to a job, where a labor stoppage is a recognized form of protest, is outside our ken. But if you come to see school as part of an intergenerational exchange of welfare—students go to school now, so that in 30 years they can get jobs and pay Social Security taxes—then it aligns well with Thunberg’s overall point, which is that older generations have betrayed young people today by failing to address climate change. This almost economic argument has the virtue of being accurate.

And when Thunberg talks about this, especially in private, she sounds a lot like … a teenager. “We are not the ones who are responsible for this, but we are the ones who have to live with these consequences, and that is so incredibly unfair,” she said at one point.

And this is the way to understand Thunberg that paints her as neither a saint nor a demon but that still captures her appeal. Thunberg epitomizes, in a person, the unique moral position of being a teenager. She can see the world through an “adult” moral lens, and so she knows that the world is a heartbreakingly flawed place. But unlike an actual adult, she bears almost no conscious blame for this dismal state. Thunberg seems to gesture at this when referring to herself as a “child,” which she does often in speeches.

When I spoke with her, I asked whether she felt this dual position: the burden of awareness mixed with the lack of blame. “Yes, definitely,” she said. “Because we are so young, our perspective on the world, our perception of the world is so—is so, like, blank. We don’t have that much experience. We don’t say, Oh, we cannot change this because it’s always been this way, which a lot of old people say. We definitely need that new perspective to see the world.”

Perhaps that is why adults find her so unnerving. “This child—and she is a child—has been scared and her parents are letting her be controlled by that fear,” writes the right-wing commentator Erick Erickson, who blames her parents for “depriving her of a sound education so she can lecture grownups.” Jonathan Tobin, at The Federalist, worries that the shoe is on the other foot: Thunberg has “forced her parents to adopt a vegan diet” and “bullied her mother to give up her career because it involved air travel.”

These may seem like exaggerated concerns, but Erickson and Tobin are really just engaging in a great American tradition: In this country, even before we greet you, we ask whether you’re being parented wrong.

Other arguments against Thunberg’s rhetoric can and should be made; if she wants to participate as an adult citizen, she should be criticized like one. But in The New York Times, the journalist Christopher Caldwell takes maybe the oddest line of all, claiming that Thunberg’s message is antidemocratic. “Democracy often calls for waiting and seeing. Patience may be democracy’s cardinal virtue,” he wrote. “Climate change is a serious issue. But to say, ‘We can’t wait,’ is to invite a problem just as grave.”

I want to thank Caldwell, because he reminded me of my own childhood. About 20 years ago, I was at a restaurant with my parents, reading a kid’s science magazine below the table. In a small box at the bottom of the page, it mentioned something called the greenhouse effect, caused by cars and factories. The effect could eventually screw up the entire planet’s environment.

My head jolted up. I interrupted my parents’ conversation, which was about something boring, like real-estate prices or which highway to take home.

“Is this real?” I asked, pointing at the magazine.

Oh yeah, definitely, one of them said.

“Is it getting fixed?” I said.

No, no, people don’t really know how to fix it.

And then I remember feeling something constrict in my chest. It was like the adult feeling of learning that a loved one is in danger, of seeing the comfortable world teeter on its axis. There was a problem with the entire planet, and everyone was just allowing it to go on?

In 1999, Caldwell was older than I am now, and the United States had virtually no national climate policy. Since then, I have gone to middle school and high school, graduated from college, moved across the country twice, spent years as a technology reporter, and covered climate change for four years. Since then, the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has soared from 364 to 415 parts per million. But since then, the United States still has passed virtually no new national climate policy.

Caldwell is right that patience is a democratic virtue. But sloth is a cardinal sin. Perhaps only the young can tell the difference.

Posted by: the big lies ()
Date: January 15, 2020 01:28PM

this is like the liar at the bottom of a harked gold mine that never returned any gold

at the bottom of this climate change mining pit one always finds: democrats who are doing the bombings and suing oil companies after outrageously increasing use and refusing to pay the bill. deals with foreigners to waste energy under the guise of being green. and so on.

Re: Gretta and GRENADES - theres a big konnection. mis-information
Posted by: CNN - THE WAR OF LIES ()
Date: January 15, 2020 01:36PM

A volunteer firefighter in Australia has been charged with deliberately lighting blazes during the nation's bushfire crisis.

Police arrested the man, 19, for seven counts of alleged arson in an area south of Sydney, New South Wales (NSW).

(to stupid millenials: 19 fires is more than enough to begin a conflagration, a fire than burns thousands of degrees and spreads until there is no fuel left - that firefighters cannot possibly douse with water)

HOWEVER - CNN is spreading reports none of the ?83 arrested on fire charges in australia actually did arson, that the myth "climate democrats" began the fires was started by "conservatives"

HOWEVER - we've also seen CALIFORNIA FIREFIGHTERS and "vagrant hispanics" started some of california's big fires - not climate change.

POINT: TODAY THERE ARE A LONG LIST OF REPORTS ON AUSTRALIA - SOME CLAIMING EVIDENCE THE FIRES WERE STARTED INTENTLY BY CLIMATE CHANGE ACTIVIST AND DEMOCRATS - OTHERS THAT CLAIM THE FIRES WERE PURELY DUE TO CLIMATE CHANGE AND THOSE ARRESTED SIMPLY THREW ALREADY-EXTINGUISHED CIGARETS ONTO THE GROUND WHICH WERE LATER BURNED BY FIRE

there is a war of lies going on, not just a debt war, not just terrorism, not just "everything in walmart is made in china" war

Date: January 15, 2020 01:38PM

file.php?2,file=396324,filename=77F63125

democrats in USA are using Federal money to train kids to:

#1 put blinders on whenever they hear about turf war and political cheating

#2 register as a democrat and grow into a life of lying and crimes

Date: January 15, 2020 01:40PM

the Truth is that 100 grenade bombings in one year IS A WAR. it may be a cold (luke warm rather) war but it IS A REAL WAR. it's a war that certainly can be LOST.

just because it isn't happening at a fast pace doesn't mean it isn't a war.

real weapons. real cut-throat politics. real deaths. real buildings decimated.

it's a war on sweden.

Date: January 15, 2020 01:42PM

wars can go on thousands of years - some cultures fight continually not all in a day

the idea war is when the brits dress up in red and bombs are in air and all in a few months fates are decided simply isn't true - after you've lost it - you will see it isn't true

Posted by: gretaBBC ()
Date: January 16, 2020 02:13PM

I think it's high time that Greta is photoshopped taking BBC up the ass.

Posted by: Pretend Democrat ()
Date: January 16, 2020 02:20PM

see today's bombing news Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> src=https://www.euractiv.com/wp-content/uploads/si
> tes/2/2019/02/Greta_Thunberg_pissed-800x450.jpg
> width=400 height=300>
>
> gretta, klimate kontrol
>
> src=https://s4.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&
> d=20150809&t=2&i=1070568171&r=LYNXNPEB7806V&w=1280
> width=400 height=300>
>
> grenades
>
> serbian? bosnian? grenades (both are now muslim
> majority, muslims over-threw the areas)
>
> AUSTRALIA - BEING BURN DOWN - 27+ dead, hundreds
> without homes - 100 to 200 arrested for "setting
> fires to remove 'climate change'" (actually -
> killing middle-lower class whites in australia was
> the apparent goal). it is not climate they are
> after.
>
> See today's breitbart news about sweden's 100
> bombings - they were (all) grenade bombings
>
> Democrats needed Greta in California (perhaps to
> sign some papers or make mob deals with dems? ie
> her photographer?)
>
> Climate Change is not just some crazy people -
> it's also people who set fire to "old white
> people's homes" and people who ship grenades to
> sweden into muslim hands
Attachments:
56E927EF-E893-4DB3-BB37-C51E9F73D0F1.jpeg

Posted by: 09sdfjf ()
Date: January 17, 2020 03:45AM

Greta_Thunberg_pissed-800x450.jpg?m=02&d=20150809&t=2&i=1070568171&r=LYNX

Democrats say they're doing climate change - bring in muslims and rack up debt and wear shorts indoors in the winter. Say it ain't so.

Gretta and Grenades - they aren't so far apart when you dig deeper.

Posted by: Yes we can ()
Date: January 17, 2020 03:49AM

I thought this was a rock band

Posted by: ANOTHER GRENADE SWEDEN ()
Date: January 25, 2020 12:50PM

A large-scale blast rocked an apartment in the no-go Stockholm suburb of Husby early Tuesday morning along with another explosion taking place just 500 metres away. One person was taken to the hospital after suffering injuries from one of the blasts, but the injuries were only determined to be minor. A total of 50 residents were evacuated from their homes following the blasts as police and bomb technicians examined the area, SVT reports

Posted by: gretta's future ()
Date: January 31, 2020 08:25PM

gallery-1442935973-htra203-vv168-h.JPG?r

Posted by: erggrgrrg ()
Date: September 26, 2020 04:09PM

d

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.