HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Seth Hurwitz, Owner Of 9:30 Club, Pleads Guilty To Solicitation At Local Massage Parlor
Posted by: Rachel Kurzius ()
Date: November 07, 2019 03:13PM

The man behind some of the area’s largest music venues has pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor solicitation of prostitution charge.

Seth Hurwitz was arrested in August for soliciting sexual acts from a massage therapist at her place of business in Maryland, according to the Montgomery County Department of Police. His guilty plea, entered Thursday in court, includes three years of supervised probation and 100 hours of community service, as well as psychosexual evaluation, per WTOP. If he completes his probation without incident, the verdict will be expunged, the outlet reports.

Seth Hurwitz, now 61, pleaded guilty to soliciting prostitution at a massage parlor.Montgomery County Police Department

Hurwitz is the co-chair of IMP, which operates venues like the 9:30 Club, The Anthem, and Merriweather Post Pavilion, among others. Shortly after his arrest, he told IMP staff he was “stepping aside” from his role at the company.

Here’s the case prosecutors outlined against Hurwitz: He arrived for a scheduled appointment for a massage with a physical therapist on August 15. During his appointment, Hurwitz made “inappropriate sexual motions,” telling the victim she would receive a bigger tip if she performed sexual acts. The physical therapist ended the appointment early because of his “increasing inappropriate sexual behavior,” and he left a visible roll of cash laying on the floor in the massage room.

The case goes on to allege that the next day, Hurwitz contacted the victim and asked her to come to his home. The victim spoke on the phone and texted with Hurwitz, with detectives present, and Hurwitz allegedly agreed to return to her business and pay cash in exchange for sexual favors. He was arrested when he returned for his appointment.

In court, the victim described Hurwitz as “relentless,” per WTOP, saying that “I am a respected, licensed professional. Here, I’ve been diminished to someone’s sex toy.” She has not been named.

Hurwitz apologized in court, adding that he has sought treatment. “I’m sorry that I hurt her, if I did,” he said, according to NBC Washington. “When I read the police report, I realized I have some serious issues. I started thinking about my self-centered behavior causing others pain.”

Hurwitz sent out a note to IMP staff on Thursday. “Rather than present my side of this story in a court, with all that unwanted drama, I am going to do what’s best for my family and employees and put this behind us,” he writes. “Believe it or not, I truly believe that this will end up being a positive if painful lesson and make me a better person.”

Hurwitz’s letter also includes a thanks to staff for “minding the shop while I was away.” According to an IMP spokesperson, there is no timeline for his return to the company.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seth Hurwitz, Owner Of 9:30 Club, Pleads Guilty To Solicitation At Local Massage Parlor
Posted by: ohface ()
Date: November 07, 2019 03:23PM

Asian women understand. They deliver the service and are happy to receive bonus cash.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.