HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Alligator fishing in Accotink Creek
Posted by: fomer new englander ()
Date: October 26, 2019 01:14AM

I have recently arrived in NoVa, and look forward to living off the land like the rustics here. What's the best way to bag alligators? Shooting? Fishing rod? Nets? I live near Accotink creek, and would like to get some alligator meat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alligator fishing in Accotink Creek
Posted by: Be Careful Kids ()
Date: October 26, 2019 07:19AM

Word of warning. I've fished Accotink Creek my whole life and the alligator gar fishing is true a world class experience, especially with a bow. I've taken alligator gars close to 6 feet and upwards go 80lbs in that creek. You wouldn't expect that in 2 feet deep water in a 10 ft wide pool not too far below the dam.

The species of alligator gar in Accotink Creek are unique to that area and they get extremely large - like citation size. But there are certain hunting regulations and seasons which are strictly enforced. I think the local VDFGIF rep's last name is Odenkirk. You should check the state rules on the VDGIF site. But there is nothing to stop you from trying to set a world record right here in Virginia.

Warning: Aligator gear can be very dangerous. Also, accotink creek runs right behind goatfuckerer2's house so don't be surprised if you reel up something really big only to discover this:

;=)
Attachments:
Dildo-fishing.jpg

Posted by: dildo fishing ()
Date: October 26, 2019 09:50AM

WTF? LOLZ

Posted by: Parking Attendant ()
Date: October 26, 2019 12:30PM

This why goatfuckefrer2 wanted to meet below the Accotink dam instead of the gray parking garage. So he could beat GGP to death with a giant black dildo.

Posted by: Gerry’s Gay Protector ()
Date: October 26, 2019 12:35PM

Parking Attendant Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This why goatfuckefrer2 wanted to meet below the
> Accotink dam instead of the gray parking garage.
> So he could beat GGP to death with a giant black
> dildo.

GGP was scared of copperheads, what a total pussy! LMFAO!

Posted by: Down on copperline ()
Date: October 26, 2019 01:38PM

^in your head 24/7 #EVERYONEis Gerry

Posted by: Gerry’s Gay Protector ()
Date: October 26, 2019 02:12PM

Down on copperline Wrote:
> ^in your head 24/7 #EVERYONEis Gerry

^ speak of the devil! Still afraid of copperheads like a little bitch? Go fuck your goat.

Posted by: got a 200 lb catfish once ()
Date: October 26, 2019 03:13PM

They hang around the upper end of Lake Accotink, and come to the surface during thunderstorms for some reason. I use an old loaf of bread as bait. Even on a crappy day, I can usually reel in a sixty pounder, and that is some serious eatin'!

Posted by: Polluted as Fuck ()
Date: October 26, 2019 05:06PM

got a 200 lb catfish once Wrote:
> They hang around the upper end of Lake Accotink,
> and come to the surface during thunderstorms for
> some reason. I use an old loaf of bread as bait.
> Even on a crappy day, I can usually reel in a
> sixty pounder, and that is some serious eatin'!

You couldn’t pay me to eat anything out of Accostink! Yuck.

Posted by: Pohick Creek is better ()
Date: October 26, 2019 05:15PM

sharks have been known to swim several miles up that creek (they are looking for frogs I'm told) and I hooked a seven-footer last summer.

Posted by: Be Careful ()
Date: October 26, 2019 07:05PM

In the summer of 2017 a lady driving on Fullerton Road seeing the the dorsal fin of a shark swimming up Accotink Creek from behind the Newington Costco. Later that same day there were reports from Greenspring Village residents of a large fish or shark in the creek. Greenspring dismissed the reports as catfish sightings by elderly residents in various stages of dementia.

Bull sharks can live in fresh water and commonly swim up tributaries to breed. They prefer warm, shallow water. Bull sharks are very agressive and adults average 8 ft in length and around 300 lbs. Some experts regard Bull sharks as the most dangerous species of shark due to their unprovoked attacks on humans.

Posted by: I recall the bull shark incident ()
Date: October 26, 2019 07:44PM

I also recall that more than one mexican laborer working on road and railroad improvements near the creek simply dissappeared. Conspiracy-minded folks speculated that they were killed off by a greedy employer to who didn't want to pay them, but it is now generally accepted that these poor unfortunates were most likely devoured by sharks.

I never go within ten feet of Accotink or Pohick without a long rifle.

Posted by: HamptonRoads ()
Date: October 27, 2019 01:01AM

Sorry, but you won't find any alligators North of Virginia Beach.

Posted by: Visiting 'Gators ()
Date: October 27, 2019 01:14AM

HamptonRoads Wrote:
> Sorry, but you won't find any alligators North of
> Virginia Beach.

Not exactly. The breeding populations are not North of Suffolk and Virginia Beach. That doesn't mean a wandering 'gator or two can't make their way up 95 for the occasional summer vacation trip. And with a few years of global warming maybe they will start to expand their habitat.

Posted by: bagged one in Occoquan Reservoir ()
Date: October 27, 2019 01:38AM

fucker was nearly 14 feet long

Posted by: they do live in Occoquan ()
Date: November 02, 2019 12:58AM

but by this time of year they're pretty much dormant. I don't know if they tunnel into the ground or what, but I was paddling the reservoir today and didn't see even a hint of alligators. (In July I went out on the water and saw several of them.)

Posted by: Fuck the gators ()
Date: November 02, 2019 01:32AM

The electric eels are the ones that you really need to watch out for.

Posted by: Be careful out there ()
Date: November 02, 2019 02:03AM

The alligators hibernate or go back down to the Tidewater area in winter. Electric eels and bull sharks are a danger year-round. The sharks can't get over the Lake Accotink dam, but during high-water conditions the eels can get through the spillway.

The biggest danger might be African snakeheads. These invasive fish have no natural predators and continue growing their entire lives as long as they have food. Specimens 6 feet long have been recorded. They can live up to 4 days out of water, and can walk on land using their flippers. They will travel several miles overland from one body of water to another in search of prey. Small children playing at Burke Lake and Lake Accotink are particularly at risk. Inattentive joggers and slow-moving elderly people walking on trails around the lake could also fall victim to a school of snakeheads out of water.

Posted by: Other way round ()
Date: November 02, 2019 02:39AM

Visiting 'Gators Wrote:
> HamptonRoads Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sorry, but you won't find any alligators North
> of
> > Virginia Beach.
>
> Not exactly. The breeding populations are not
> North of Suffolk and Virginia Beach. That doesn't
> mean a wandering 'gator or two can't make their
> way up 95 for the occasional summer vacation trip.
> And with a few years of global warming maybe they
> will start to expand their habitat.

Yeah, except global warming is not a thing, and if you see Gators North of dismal swamp, then they got there by accident.

Posted by: they took our jobs ()
Date: November 02, 2019 02:41AM

fomer new englander Wrote:
> I have recently arrived in NoVa, and look forward
> to living off the land like the rustics here.
> What's the best way to bag alligators? Shooting?
> Fishing rod? Nets? I live near Accotink creek, and
> would like to get some alligator meat.

Wher you from, cowboy? Listin here, round these parts ifin you want to ketch a gator you are obliged to rastle it bare handed lest you warnt ta get your ass whooped by the local town folk. We don't take kindly to strangers showing up round here with they fancy fishin poles, wharin shoes and tryin to change our way of life!

Posted by: Thanks Again ()
Date: November 02, 2019 09:36AM

This has to be one of the best Goatfuckerer2 troll threads in a while. That guy's face with the black dildo's is classic LOL material. Thanks for the bump.

Posted by: Dismal swamp biologist ()
Date: November 02, 2019 09:50AM

Alligators have actually been spotted in the intercoastal waterways just south of lake Drummond in NC. Like feral hogs and the coyote, alligators are venturing further outside their historic ranges each year. Perhaps in a decade or so VA will really have gators if the global warming keeps up!

Posted by: Alligators in Tennessee ()
Date: November 02, 2019 11:20AM

They're working their way up the Mississippi River. Wouldn't surprise me if there aren't a few in Virginia Beach, but the winter is still too harsh there for them to thrive. Wilmington NC is really the cut off point, though some wander North and West in the warmer months.

Posted by: Gators Nipping At Your Toes ()
Date: November 02, 2019 12:09PM

Dismal swamp biologist Wrote:
> Alligators have actually been spotted in the
> intercoastal waterways just south of lake Drummond
> in NC. Like feral hogs and the coyote, alligators
> are venturing further outside their historic
> ranges each year. Perhaps in a decade or so VA
> will really have gators if the global warming
> keeps up!

Alligators have inhabited southeastern Virginia for centuries. Yes they are really here and arguably always have been. Next summer, take a canoe trip down the Northwest River in Chesapeake and I can almost 100% guarantee you will see the gators and/or their slides. The microclimate in that area is actually a little warmer than it is 15-20 miles south in NC where there is an acknowledged breeding population. If you do plan a canoe expedition, keep it slow and quiet, and pay attention because snapping turtles will make a big splash also.

Wikipedia acknowledges alligators currently in Virginia:
Wikipedia
American alligators are found in the wild in the Southeastern United States, from the Great Dismal Swamp in Virginia and North Carolina, south to Everglades National Park in Florida, and west to the southern tip of Texas, as well as the northern border region of the Mexican state of Tamaulipas.[41] They are found in parts of Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. In 2018, several sightings of animals that had moved north into West Tennessee were confirmed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_alligator

Alligators are photographed and caught in Virginia fairly regularly but the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries typically dismisses them as escaped pets. The Department treats mountain lion sightings similarly, saying "they were just passing through." It's unclear why state wildlife officials are reluctant to officially acknowledge the alligators, perhaps to avoid additional regulatory burden.

Regardless of whether or not there is a breeding population, there have been alligators in Northern Virginia in Aquia Creek and Accokeek Creek:
https://www.fredericksburg.com/local/it-s-no-croc-gator-found/article_a5a1f689-59b3-519d-b97e-5bf7b8ffa622.html
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Social-Media-Warns-Stafford-Co-Residents-of-Alligator-318528231.html

Posted by: do we have crocodiles? ()
Date: November 02, 2019 04:03PM

Or is it just alligators that have made their way up the Accotink basin?

Because, crocodile swould be bad news for the bull sharks

Posted by: Atlantic salmon coming upstream! ()
Date: November 09, 2019 06:46PM

They get stopped by the Accotink dam, so right below the dam is the ultimate place to catch them. my neighbor reeled in twelve! I'm going there now! (Don't catch all of them, because we need a few to lay eggs.)

Posted by: Gator Bill ()
Date: November 09, 2019 08:29PM

It is recommended that you throw back any alligators under 4 feet long so they can continue to reproduce.

There are no crocodiles north of the Gulf Coast. Crocodiles can not tolerate cold weather like alligators can. Alligators have now established themselves in Tennessee but it's illegal to hunt them.

Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency
Recently a seven-foot alligator was videoed by TWRA Region 1 personnel in West Tennessee at the Wolf River WMA in Fayette County. This latest sighting is one of several confirmed sightings of alligators in Southwest Tennessee.

Alligators are naturally expanding their range into Tennessee from the southern border states. TWRA has not stocked any alligators in Tennessee. Alligators expanding into Tennessee is just another species that we must learn to coexist with like many of the other southern states.

Alligators are opportunistic feeders that prey on fish, turtles, snakes, frogs, and waterfowl. Occasionally they will feed on larger animals such as possums, raccoons, and deer.

Alligators can survive Tennessee winters by going into a hibernation-like dormancy called brumation. They can withstand periods of ice by sticking their snout out of the water before it freezes which allows them to continue breathing.

TWRA would like to remind everyone that alligators are a protected species and catching or shooting one is a violation of the law. If you come across one while exploring the outdoors in West TN, leave it alone and enjoy Tennessee’s unique biodiversity.
https://www.tn.gov/twra/wildlife/reptiles/alligators.html

Posted by: alligator snapping turtles ()
Date: November 09, 2019 11:29PM

When they drained Lake Accotink a few years ago, the contractors discovered an alligator snapper that weighed easily 500 pounds, but of course they weren't about to pick it up and go put it on a scale.

A curious workman poked it with a shovel, and the thing whirled around and bit right through the handle. So they left it the hell alone, and it trudged off downstream.

It is presumed to have eventually reentered the lake after it was refilled, as it has not been seen since.

Posted by: Worse Than We Thought! ()
Date: November 10, 2019 11:15AM

Whatever GF2 released into Accotink have been cross-breeding with various species of dish and alligators and all the toxic chemical run-off and ingested by various species in the food chain including local fisherman.

The results are both incredible and incredibly scary, and have spread throughout the American waterways as far south as Atlanta.

See for yourself:

https://youtu.be/Pu_ZPy5f2ek

Posted by: slant eye ()
Date: November 10, 2019 06:08PM

Accotink has a huge population of snakeheads. The gooks put them in there years ago as a food source. Now, they are the dominant species.
The gooks use hand lines with chicken necks tied to them as bait. Then they sit on the bank like they are taking a shit and chew beetle nuts while waiting for the snakeheads to bite. They sell them to chinese restaurants. If you eat chinese you are eating snakehead.

Posted by: chicken ()
Date: November 10, 2019 06:54PM

slant eye Wrote:
> Accotink has a huge population of snakeheads. The
> gooks put them in there years ago as a food
> source. Now, they are the dominant species.
> The gooks use hand lines with chicken necks tied
> to them as bait. Then they sit on the bank like
> they are taking a shit and chew beetle nuts while
> waiting for the snakeheads to bite. They sell them
> to chinese restaurants. If you eat chinese you are
> eating snakehead.

What if you'd order Chicken

Posted by: bagged a 6-foot tarpon! ()
Date: December 29, 2019 07:00AM

It was making its way up Accotink Creek toward the lake! Got it with a bow!

Evidently higher ocean temperatures are driving these fish up our cold streams....

Right before dawn, best time to get them! Time to fire up the fish smoker...

Posted by: Tarpon Soup ()
Date: December 29, 2019 08:21AM

bagged a 6-foot tarpon! Wrote:
> It was making its way up Accotink Creek toward the
> lake! Got it with a bow!
>
> Evidently higher ocean temperatures are driving
> these fish up our cold streams....
>
> Right before dawn, best time to get them! Time to
> fire up the fish smoker...

So, you eat shit, too?

Posted by: Too Damn Funny! ()
Date: December 29, 2019 09:05AM

Thanks for the bump. This level of expert trolling made me laugh again. He still burnin!

Posted by: ice fishing on Lake Accotink ()
Date: January 11, 2020 03:52PM

Got 15 perch today! Frying them up for dinner!

Posted by: He Still Burnin ()
Date: January 11, 2020 09:45PM

Thanks for the bump iceman. That picture made me LOL again.

Posted by: gonna ice up again! ()
Date: January 19, 2020 04:02AM

These cold nights are gonna do it! I don't know why, but perch tastes so much better when caught through a hole in the ice!

Wish the lake didn't keep thawing otu every couple of weeks though - it would be nice to put up a fishing shack right on the lake.

Posted by: antelope hunting in P. William ()
Date: January 19, 2020 08:34PM

I have it on good authority that pronghorn antelope have migrated into the more rural parts of Prince William County, but I went out hunting yesterday and never saw a damn thing.

I had previously contacted the VA Dept of Fish and Game for some information and hunting tips, but they didn't even seem to know wtf I was talking about. I do wish they would try to stay a litte bit better informed. They shold have a basic awareness of the state fauna.

Where have the rest of you had the best luck hunting antelope in this state?

Posted by: what's the bag limit on coyote? ()
Date: February 17, 2020 07:46PM

I'd like to make some sausage from local fauna I've hunted, and figure I could harvest a lot of coyotes without anyone giving a shit because they're just considered a nuisance anyhow.

They start getting scrawny toward the end of winter, so if I want to bag a few, it's imperative that I go get my share now. (They still have ~15 pounds of meat per head at this time of year.)

I just want to make sure I'm not gonna get hassled by the county and the state if I go shoot a dozen or so. I may just have to find some private land owner who doesn't like coyotes and is happy to let me bag them regardless of the law, since VA, Fairfax, PW, and Loudon Cos are all so fucking meddlesome.)

Posted by: planting wild rice ()
Date: February 17, 2020 11:09PM

I have been strewing wild rice around the shores of Burke Lake - stuff grows pretty well here and brings in more ducks during hunting season. The rice itself is harvestable in late summer, assuming the ducks don't eat it all.

I'm setting up a few patches in other places too, such as Lake Barcroft, the Occoquan reservoir, and Pohick Bay.

By 2025, my goal is to completely feed myself with food I have hunted, foraged, or grown myself.

I am planting persimmon trees around Accotink Creek, and have stocked one of its feeder streams with catadromous eels.

Posted by: Mary Jane Rottinkrotch ()
Date: February 18, 2020 12:07AM

For my Eagle Scout project I am restocking the open meadowlands along Accotink Creek with native species of sativa and indica for the local wildlife. It helps activate cognitive skills during the day and with nocturnal deep rem sleep cycles at night. The new lush green spaces will provide joy to many generations of future wildlife enthusiasts who enjoy the great outdoors.

Posted by: Mary's Scoutmaster ()
Date: February 18, 2020 01:46PM

I can attest to her living up to the family name.

Posted by: anyone ever catch squid? ()
Date: February 18, 2020 08:16PM

Sometimes they get disoriented and swim fairly far up Pohick creek.

I have a friend in the Orange Hunt neighborhood who catches them and eats them w/ fries.

Has anyone else had any luck squidding?

Posted by: freshwater mussels from Pohick! ()
Date: March 01, 2020 07:31PM

Just harvested a big bucketful!

Steam for five minutes, and serve with clarified butter and cocktail sauce!

Posted by: watch out for gators ()
Date: March 02, 2020 09:35AM

The alligator will become more active in the coming weeks as spring arrives. Be on the lookout if you are doing any fishing near the shoreline.

Posted by: even in winter ()
Date: March 02, 2020 09:58PM

those fuckers can come out of dormancy and get a little peckish

Posted by: dug up some truffles today! ()
Date: March 06, 2020 06:25PM

About fifty pounds of them! Low grade, but still worth About $10,000 at the grocery store!

Posted by: French Pig ()
Date: March 06, 2020 08:00PM

Monsieur - those are black truffles. They are unique to the GF2 Accotink region.
Attachments:
Dildo-fishing.jpg

Posted by: Horny illegals ()
Date: March 07, 2020 05:40AM

I recall the bull shark incident Wrote:
> I also recall that more than one mexican laborer
> working on road and railroad improvements near the
> creek simply dissappeared.

If that really happened, many dogs would’ve gotten pregnant!

Posted by: Kay Nein ()
Date: March 07, 2020 06:12AM

According to his Grinder profile, in the tribal region of Accotink where GF2's trailer is mounted to the side of an apartment building, service dogs are considered a sexual delicacy.
Attachments:
GF2-Trailer-Apartment.jpg

Posted by: Gay for Goatfuckerer2 ()
Date: March 07, 2020 12:53PM

Kay Nein Wrote:
> According to his Grinder profile, in the tribal
> region of Accotink where GF2's trailer is mounted
> to the side of an apartment building, service dogs
> are considered a sexual delicacy.

Really clever and funny. Why don’t you ask him to let you suck his dick already weirdo.

Posted by: CH ()
Date: March 07, 2020 12:56PM

This thread has run its course.
Some retard with staged pic with black dildos, enough already.

Posted by: Adam1111R ()
Date: March 15, 2020 05:34AM

You want to fish the Alligator, WOW!!! I think you must buy good fishing equipment for this because it is very hard to catch them. I don't like this type of fish because I am afraid of alligators and I am an ice fishing enthusiast, practicing it for 10 years. All this time I understood that with qualitative equipage like a shimano antares baitcasting reel, daiwa rods, and many other tools I can catch everything. I have been using it for several months and it has never let me down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2020 05:28PM by Adam1111R.

Posted by: Hmmmmmm ()
Date: March 15, 2020 09:01AM

got a 200 lb catfish once Wrote:
> They hang around the upper end of Lake Accotink,
> and come to the surface during thunderstorms for
> some reason. I use an old loaf of bread as bait.
> Even on a crappy day, I can usually reel in a
> sixty pounder, and that is some serious eatin'!

Are you referring to niggers loitering at the park?
Use watermelon flavored now & later candy as bait!
Catch one EVERY TIME!

Posted by: caught 40 crayfish today! ()
Date: May 22, 2020 09:04PM

Threw a couple of traps into Lake Accotink this AM before work, then recovered them this eve.

Gonna steam them and dip in butter or cocktail sauce!

Posted by: catching alligators tomorrow! ()
Date: May 22, 2020 10:28PM

Was at Lake Accotink this afternoon and saw a couple alligator slides. Think I will head over in the morning and catch a couple. Gonna dice up the tails dip in batter and deep fry them.

Posted by: serious queiton ()
Date: May 22, 2020 10:37PM

Is there a minimum length that alligators must be in order to keep them?

Posted by: no minimum length! ()
Date: May 23, 2020 08:43PM

They're considred pests, like snakehead fish, so it is considered a public service to take gators of ANY size. Now, just as a matter of principal, I like to leave the little ones to grow bigger; it seems inefficient to kill them when they're so small.

Also, eating the little ones is a lot of work very little food. Although I do know a gal who is a better cook by far than I am who pickles bony fish, frogs, small alligators, things like that. You just eat them whole with cocktail sauce or sour cream. Delicious!

Posted by: dug up some mussels today ()
Date: June 06, 2020 07:30PM

they thrive around burke lake, making cioppinno tonight

Posted by: Damn! 65 lb turtle in Fairfax ()
Date: June 19, 2020 09:34PM

Why the hell wasn't I on the scene? Some people have all the luck! These things make for some damn fine dining! Clearly, somebody has introduced these and there are more - like the 200 pounder they came across when they drained lake accotink!

https://www.southernthing.com/giant-alligator-snapping-turtle-found-roaming-virginia-suburb-and-its-a-big-nope-from-us-2646200468.html

Posted by: catfish are biting! ()
Date: August 03, 2020 05:58PM

stormy weather is always great for catfish! Hooked an eighty pounder! Time to fire up the fish smoker!

Posted by: dildoboi ()
Date: August 03, 2020 06:50PM

That picture of GF2's old bag of black didlo's coming out of Accotink Creek makes me laugh every time.

Who wants to bet $20 GF2 doesn't flood the board with On-Line Drug and Moreno Mesh Basl Gerry threads again?

You know he will. Just watch.

Posted by: Alligator sighting ()
Date: August 03, 2020 09:11PM

A small 4-foot alligator was sighted this afternoon crawling on the bank of Accotink Creek next to Saint Bernadette's Church on Old Keene Mill Rd. FC Animal Control was trying to capture it.

The rain sometimes washes them down from Lake Accotink.

Posted by: ah, my old stomping grounds ()
Date: August 03, 2020 09:14PM

I used to cut through the St Bernadette's parking lot to lay my crawdad traps. Alligators were a problem - they would tear my traps apart.

Posted by: Acadien Qui Fait Rage ()
Date: August 04, 2020 08:54AM

Cocodri, he don't live in no Accotink Creek. Cocodri don't live up here period, couillons.

Posted by: are you kidding? ()
Date: August 04, 2020 06:24PM

I have bagged at least five so far. (small ones - the bigger ones are way too dangerous - when I see one of them I pump a couple of rounds from my Enfield into them and while they're stunned I make good my escape)

Posted by: All I’ve Seen ()
Date: August 04, 2020 09:11PM

All I have seen is pics of GGP fishing out the dildos he shares with Gerry.

Posted by: Lacoste ()
Date: August 04, 2020 09:48PM

Alligators usually don't live long enough to get much bigger than 3 feet or so in Lake Accotink or Accotink Creek. This are is too dangerous for them. The foxes and dogs get the little ones and the bigger ones get run over by cars.

Posted by: California Sea Lions ()
Date: December 30, 2020 12:06AM

So, it's no secret that, thanks to global warming, these amazing creatures have swum through the Panama Canal and up the east coast. What less folks realize is, they are beginning to make their way up the rivers and streams. I saw one at the base of Accotink Dam the other day.

They are large and their meat is describe as 'With a taste that is equal parts gamey and fishy, with a texture comparable with veal and duck, seal is a very dark meat which is surprisingly low in fat and rich in iron and Omega-3'. Thus they present an attractive hunting opportunity.

You would THINK that it would fine to hut an invasive species like this, but with Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources you never know, so I will be sneaking in and hunting with a bow.

Posted by: Bring a Club ()
Date: December 30, 2020 12:19AM

Seals are delicious.

Posted by: Coddled Eggs & Goat Cheese ()
Date: December 30, 2020 08:57AM

GF2 likes to create an airtight seal
Sometimes the seal breaks
Sounds like a goat qweefing
Attachments:
Goatfuckerer2-In-The-act.jpg

Posted by: electric eels! ()
Date: January 16, 2021 03:07PM

So, eels aren't really my thing, but the wife likes them frid, so I occasionally go down to accotink when they're migrating and catch a basket of them. But one of the little motherfuckers ZAPPED me today!

Electric eels (not incidentally actual eels but rather a type of knifefish) have evidently made their way up accotink creek.

Posted by: btkgf2 ()
Date: January 16, 2021 03:23PM

GF2 GETS A CHARGE OUT OF SHITTING ON HIS OWN KITCHEN COUNTR IN ALL CAPS

Posted by: black bear! ()
Date: February 06, 2021 07:15PM

The lower stretches of the Accotink Creek watershed, where it wends it's way along Fort Belvoir, are full of bear! Dozens! You can safely shoot them, because nobody takes notice of gunshots that close to a military base.

Bear stew recipe - I have tried and it id delicious!

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/13438/big-bear-stew/

Posted by: wild pigs! ()
Date: February 07, 2021 06:27PM

Saw half a dozen pigs rooting around Accotink creek under the Keene Mill Road bridge! Did I have a rifle or bow? Of course not.

But I am heading back out tomorrow and get me some free pork!

Posted by: Bears! ()
Date: May 17, 2021 04:07AM

The forested banks of Accotink are fucking swarming with black bears!

Gonna blast one of them and make some bear jerky! This living off the land shit is great! Even though I moved here from Newark only five years ago, I'm more Southern than damn near any one in this state!

Posted by: more than ever! ()
Date: August 01, 2021 05:21AM

Go down and bag a few! Be discrete, as the damn things are protected for reasons known only to our beloved government. But I bagged a couple of 7-footers! The tails and ribs are fantastic; the remainder of the meat just isn't worth the trouble. ( I do put random chunks of the dross into my crawfish traps - eating a lot of Étouffée this summer!) Anyhow, there are enough alligators for everyone this summer, so do join in!

Posted by: Stable Jeanious ()
Date: August 01, 2021 05:31AM

Stoop killing Gators to make Gatorade!

Posted by: snakeheads! ()
Date: August 01, 2021 07:41PM

So I put a couple of those fuckers in Burke Lake two years ago, so they would breed and I could catch them and eat them. I sneak down there last night to reap my harvest, and all the Goddamn Vietnamese and Mexicans are out there, Catching MY FISH!

Not only are they stealing my food, but the bastards are making a shitload of noise, and throwing beer cans everywhere, and getting into fights. So the police and game authorities are gonna come snooping around and shut my entire little project down.

Posted by: J9WDJ ()
Date: August 02, 2021 12:05AM

I saw baby sharks at Nats Park .

Posted by: gator's ain't fish ()
Date: August 02, 2021 01:34AM

just so you know. unless you mean alligator gar, thats a fish.

Posted by: got an alligator gar today ()
Date: August 15, 2021 05:10AM

In the pond right below accotink dam. Thing was seven feet long! Got him with an arrow! Pain in the ass to clean and fillet. Gonna feed modt of it to my hounds.

Posted by: Sep Hendrickson ()
Date: August 16, 2021 04:20PM

What kind of bait do you use to catch alligators?

Posted by: cheap chicken from walmart ()
Date: August 25, 2021 09:15PM

That's just to lure them in - I have completely given up trying to land one with a rod. Forget it - they will break your rod or bite through the line every time.

If you're around Accotink, you don't want to be firing a rifle either - some PITA will always call the police.

I prefer the Bear Archery Cruzer G2 RTH compound bow with G5 Outdoors Montec Fixed-Blade Broadhead arrows. It takes more than one arrow - I always pack six just to be sure. (If that sounds like a testimonial, well yeah - I am hoping to get Cabella's to sponsor me)

Time's running out - the bastards are starting to drift back downstream toward Gunston cove where they winter over. But they're best this time of year because they've been eating all summer!

Also, while squirrel isn't really my thing, there are a lot this year, so if you dig Brunswick stew, get the hell down and bag some!

Posted by: frog trapping ()
Date: August 28, 2021 09:49PM

man, parts of Lake Accotink Park are teeming with frogs. Bagged thirty or so last night and making Cajun fried frogs legs for a party tonight!

I bet the neighbors will appreciate the (insignificantly) reduced noise.

Posted by: Leroy Coon ()
Date: August 29, 2021 02:05AM

I went gator trappin with this old white boy one time. We gots out in the boat and I axed him where’s the bait? He jus laughed an push me in the water.

Posted by: fucking black bears! ()
Date: September 04, 2021 06:18PM

The motherfuckers have discovered my crayfish traps and are raiding them! Not only do they eat up all the yummy crayfish, they completely destroy the traps in the process. Wish I were retired - I'd set up a bear blind and nail the suckers in the act. Protect my seafood AND got some bear stew out of the bargain.

Posted by: Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls ()
Date: September 04, 2021 10:19PM

Use a Fly Rod with a #7 Jimmy lure.

Attachments:
Gator's Bitches.jpg

Posted by: Fantastic Crow Recipe! ()
Date: September 11, 2021 07:10AM

Not mine, but had to share it! ANYONE an bag some crows, and nobody cares - they're pests! Well they are good eatin', too!

I made this tonight - all with mai ingredients I had hunted, foraged, or grown myself!

http://www.crowbusters.com/recipes.html

Summer Crow Kabobs
submitted by Gordon Krause (Crow Busters Founder)
Ingredients
16 pieces of crow breast meat (no bones) (8 crows)
16 pieces of green pepper
16 cherry tomatoes
8 button mushrooms
8 ears of sweet corn
1 1/2 cups of Teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup melted butter
8 kabob skewers
Preparation
Cut each piece of crow in half and place in a covered bowl with the Teriyaki sauce over night. Clean and cut each ear of corn into 3 pieces. Cook in boiling salt water for 10 minutes. Alternately put corn (3 pieces), green peppers (3 pieces) and cherry tomatoes (3) along with 4 pieces of crow meat on each skewer. Use 1 mushroom to top each skewer. Brush with melted butter and place on preheated grill for about 4 minutes. Flip, butter again and place back on grill for another 4 minutes. Repeat one last time for a total of 12 minutes or until they appear done. Serves four adults.

Posted by: eels!!!!!!!! ()
Date: October 15, 2021 03:25AM

motherfuckers are swarming up accotink to spawn! Millions of them! Saute with butter, garlic and white wine! To die for!

(And should you snare any dildoes in your eel trap, give them to your un-married sister.)

Posted by: T3VTV ()
Date: October 15, 2021 03:29PM

If you want to catch alligators, move to the swamps of Louisiana. Louisiana has more alligators than anywhere else. You don't even have to learn French anymore. But even if you did., they talk this different kind of French down there than what you learn in school.

Posted by: I hate louisiana ()
Date: October 16, 2021 02:26PM

let the 'gators have the place.

Plenty of gators in the Accotink drainage basin.

Posted by: Gator Crossing ()
Date: October 17, 2021 07:30PM

The alligators seem to be congregating at the north end of Lake Accotink. I saw one from Braddock Road this morning.

Posted by: when accotink freezes up ()
Date: January 31, 2022 08:18PM

lots of perch this year. I like to heat my fishing shelter, but that starts the ice melting and there's water all over the place. I am trying to jerry-rig some sort of insulated bottom for my shelter. I welcome any ideas anybody has.

Haven't seen shit for alligators this winter. Sometimes they go dormant and kind of float with just their snouts poking through the ice, which makes them easy to haul out.

But, no luck this year. I suspect the Vietnamese poached them all.

Did get a deer coming across the lake with a bow.
I think we should introduce elk to the area.

Posted by: more elk in Prince William ()
Date: February 06, 2022 02:31PM

Never bagged an elk in Fairfax. Gotta go out to the sticks for those.

Posted by: back from bow-hunting coyote ()
Date: April 02, 2022 03:05AM

Bagged 6 of the little motherfuckers. No hassle from the neighbors, who have been losing dogs and cats to the greedy bastards.

I bow hunt in case some nosy karen gets excited about gunshots and calls the police.

Found a good stew recipe; the rest of the meat is gonna be jerky!

Posted by: DIE SPAMMER!!!!! ()
Date: November 29, 2022 07:10AM

Adam1111R Wrote:
> You want to fish the Alligator, WOW!!! I think you
> must buy good fishing equipment for this because
> it is very hard to catch them. I don't like this
> type of fish because I am afraid of alligators and
> I am an ice fishing enthusiast, practicing it for
> 10 years. All this time I understood that with
> qualitative equipage like a href=https://www.nihonfishing.com/collections/shim
> ano-reels/products/shimano-antares-baitcasting-ree
> l>shimano antares baitcasting reel
, daiwa
> rods, and many other tools I can catch everything.
> I have been using it for several months and it has
> never let me down.

Keep your shitty malware-infested links off this site

Eat shit and die spammer

file.php?40,file=495505,filename=_steamyfile.php?40,file=494999,filename=_steamyfile.php?40,file=485077,filename=BBC10.g
file.php?40,file=494999,filename=_steamy

Posted by: Hey Poo BOI GF2 ()
Date: February 27, 2023 09:43PM

Be Careful Kids Wrote:
> Word of warning. I've fished Accotink Creek my
> whole life and the alligator gar fishing is true a
> world class experience, especially with a bow.
> I've taken alligator gars close to 6 feet and
> upwards go 80lbs in that creek. You wouldn't
> expect that in 2 feet deep water in a 10 ft wide
> pool not too far below the dam.
>
> The species of alligator gar in Accotink Creek are
> unique to that area and they get extremely large -
> like citation size. But there are certain hunting
> regulations and seasons which are strictly
> enforced. I think the local VDFGIF rep's last
> name is Odenkirk. You should check the state
> rules on the VDGIF site. But there is nothing to
> stop you from trying to set a world record right
> here in Virginia.
>
> Warning: Aligator gear can be very dangerous.
> Also, accotink creek runs right behind
> goatfuckerer2's house so don't be surprised if you
> reel up something really big only to discover
> this:
>
> ;=)

This thread delivered.

Posted by: Fishing Season Opened 1 April ()
Date: April 23, 2023 04:18PM

Get out your bow fishing gear.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.