HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
free college education
Posted by: student ()
Date: June 27, 2019 08:46AM

Now, how the hell is that supposed to work for anybody?

as somebody who has both graduated from a pretty high end university, and, has taken a great number of credits from a local community college, I can tell you it won't.

When i was starting out and had no money, I took additional hours at the CC...it was pretty cheap (looking back), but I did have to make a choice.

Spend like, $500 a class, or, have $500 for that fall or spring to pay off bills, use to buy beer, or whatever.

So, a choice had to be made by me, it required a little sacrifice, but made me commit to using that money and time wisely.

And I suspect it put the same conditions on most of the other people there.

Even so, the people there were pretty bottom of the barrel. They were mainly kids who did nothing with the previous 12 years of FREE education, and, given the reality of having extremely limited options now because of that, were trying to now get "educated"...but at least most were paying for it via their own efforts, and therefore were somewhat motivated to not waste their time and money, and also fu(k things up for others.

Now...think of making that free for everyone.

You'll have it turn into a continued nursery school for unmotivated losers, just looking to extend their childhood at the expense of others, with no benefit to ANYONE!

Not a good idea at all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: free college education
Posted by: 4 YEARS OF COLLEGE 1963-1967 ()
Date: June 27, 2019 09:45AM

Do I get a refund?

Posted by: Bduc ()
Date: June 27, 2019 11:49AM

“ I had to do it this way, so everyone else has to do it this way too” is the dumbest rationale for not making public university free. That’s great you paid your way though college. Not everyone can do that.

Posted by: FIFY ()
Date: June 27, 2019 12:26PM

Bduc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> “ I had to do it this way, so everyone else has
> to do it this way too” is the dumbest rationale
> for not making public university free. That’s
> great you paid your way though college. Not
> everyone can do that.
I want my free shit.

^ FIFY

Posted by: TheTroof ()
Date: June 27, 2019 12:30PM

Things given free have no value.

The US will be filled with College Degreed people who cannot read or write, but know how many fake genders there are.

We'll be the laughing stock of the world.

Posted by: Trump is a Liar! #Allliesfolks ()
Date: June 27, 2019 12:33PM

A free college education should be promised to EVERY American. It should be the same as public high school.

The problem with 40 percent of Americans is that they are dumb as rocks with no education.

Imagine if Republicans actually went to college...

Posted by: oh jeeeze ()
Date: June 27, 2019 02:20PM

Bduc Wrote:
> “ I had to do it this way, so everyone else has
> to do it this way too” is the dumbest rationale
> for not making public university free. That’s
> great you paid your way though college. Not
> everyone can do that.

which was not the rationale of the statement.

The rationale of the statement was perhaps better summed up by a later poster-"Things given free have no value".

The rationale of my statement was to show I have experience with both high end, and low end education...and if there is no barrier to entry, and if nobody has to sacrifice for it, then it becomes shite.

Like anything else that is "free".

Be real. Get out of fantasy land.

Posted by: okgbgggg ()
Date: June 27, 2019 02:27PM

TheTroof Wrote:
> Things given free have no value.
>
> The US will be filled with College Degreed people
> who cannot read or write, but know how many fake
> genders there are.
>
> We'll be the laughing stock of the world.

Nope.

A capitalistic society doesn't work that way.

It needs stratification, people fixing toilets and cleaning hotel rooms for a living, and doing other unsavory work.

If everyone was rich, nobody would be rich.

Now, if you started off at the lower end of the spectrum economically, as my family did, and education is important to you, there are a myriad of ways to achieve beyond THE TWELVE FU(KING YEARS OF FREE EDUCATION THAT YOU DO GET!!!!!

Jesus chrisy how do people think everything should be free???

It is IMPOSSIBLE FOR IT TO BE FREE!!! EVERYBODY INCLUDING THOSE WHO DON'T USE IT WOULD BE PAYING FOR IT, and it would become shite.

What the fu(k is wrong with these people?

Posted by: tsdfiyr ()
Date: June 27, 2019 03:01PM

So, College will be just like Section 8 housing.

Given free, these homes are destroyed by people who don't care about them, because they're free.

Colleges will become rape culture centers where Liberals send their daughters to be culturally enriched as they learn about new genders

Posted by: MarkRedd ()
Date: August 20, 2019 07:57AM

On the one hand, I understand that high tuition prices are blocking the path to education for some young people. On the other hand, I know for sure that free is rapidly losing value. Yes, I constantly thought about possible side jobs. Yes, I used paid services for writing assignments ( https://www.affordable-papers.net/). However, this taught me to distribute tasks and find the most important goals. It was useful to me in later life.

Posted by: Growing up in Woodbridge ()
Date: August 20, 2019 08:38AM

tsdfiyr Wrote:
> So, College will be just like Section 8 housing.
>
> Given free, these homes are destroyed by people
> who don't care about them, because they're free.
>
> Colleges will become rape culture centers where
> Liberals send their daughters to be culturally
> enriched as they learn about new genders
Attachments:
IMG_4631.JPG

Posted by: Well now! ()
Date: August 20, 2019 08:39AM

Well, I to is fear fre eduation

Posted by: ufmk7 ()
Date: August 20, 2019 05:46PM

Simple solution--offer it free for 2 years, but ONLY continue them if they can make the grade, ie. c or better average kept constant, or no longer free and they have to drop out or pay themselves. That gets rid of the kiddy party gang and opens a door of opportunity to those who work to get their grades.

Posted by: ttrevfsd ()
Date: August 20, 2019 07:49PM

fairfax county gov enacts a strict policy against hiring white teachers

they then have a bunch of young white democrat teachers that get wrapped up in sex scandals (these are actual fake news fx co gov raping the court system for cash)

YOU NEXT FIND OUT FX CO GOV IS HIRING ILLEGAL ALIENS WHO AREN'T QUALIFIED using a new law they've written for themselves - which applies to illegal aliens but not whites

FX CO GOV is run by criminal DC niggers and a hostile south american country - not by sharon bulova (a maryland democrat). she is just a cover for the mob.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.