HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
OBAMA Information Technology Generation: Cloud an amazing, and stolen, fuck fest of failures
Posted by: what did they achieve ()
Date: June 23, 2019 09:05AM

Cloud just means "internet connected computer that can transfer files" (which btw is a UNIX technology available on UNIX graphics desktops since the early 1980's)

The technology is stolen (it's copyright AT&T, and was stolen. it's $20,000 per licensed copy btw at time stolen, and with damages...)

The term is also stolen: Cloud USED TO MEAN any IP packet that left the premises bound for (AT&T telephone networks) - it mean routers and delivery. "data silo" and "data farm" were the terms used for "offsite storage". it was just assumed that you'd access that by internet unless it was allot, then it was assumed you'd be mailing tapes or SCSI drives

EPIC FAIL

The obama "college educated" generation took a reliable technologies, told allot of lies, and fucked it up to be totally un-reliable.

I can't tell you how many times, how many photos and files, CLOUD has lost.

Days ago an app keeping a data history for me "in the cloud" auto upgraded and when it did lost THE WHOLE HISTORY.

Holy shit if I want to loose files I can use filenames and do that on my own device !

Obama generation IT is an epic FAIL

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OBAMA Information Technology Generation: Cloud an amazing, and stolen, fuck fest of failures
Posted by: 43du7 ()
Date: June 23, 2019 09:10AM

what do you expect from a generation that steals a term and mis-defines it because they like the word?

total fuckups

Cloud means "the telephone company's (at&t or cisco tcp/ip routers, immediate transmission)", it doesn't mean remote server or remote storage.

HUGE BLOAT, BRAINLESS NO-SKILL HACKING

that's all today's stuff is

Re: OBAMA Information Technology Generation: Cloud an amazing, and stolen, fuck fest of failures
Posted by: bill nock ()
Date: June 23, 2019 09:12AM

I have files from when i was a child in the 1980's

The Cloud has lost more files in a few years than I have in a lifetime.

Posted by: Lost in Space ()
Date: June 23, 2019 09:12AM

First mission for Trump's Space Force - use google to search for your missing files in Cyber-Space.

Don't let them use the search term "Trump's Wall paid for by Mexico" - because it will come back with "Zero Results Found"

Posted by: outsourcing CLOUD ()
Date: June 23, 2019 09:31AM

worked at quite a few places that outsourced it.
they always brought it back after costs and support sucked.
someone rebranded outsourcing as cloud and the fucking idiots are now going to waste TRILLIONS on this bullshit.
same shit as global warming, the ozone, etc...save the earth by giving me all your fucking money

Posted by: hdvfj ()
Date: June 23, 2019 10:19AM

1*Y5--pAiNJy5g-YjwXurDcA.jpeg

Posted by: eeemv ()
Date: June 23, 2019 10:34AM

I could name 100 things that AT&T X Generation would have done (DID) that the Cloud generation did not.

How do I recover a file lost in the Cloud? Do i call the make of the App? I can't wait an hour on the $phone with a $techrep to tell me that the Cloud is an existence and is final and customers cannot question it.

How do I select a different data farm, and pay, for my apps to use? One that doesn't SUCK? There is no cloud provider button, is there? No, there isn't.

If i change data farms will my data seamlessly migrate on it's own?

((there are developer tools to explore "cloud server" - but you can't just "change clouds", each app is different and would likely refuse to connect to any other cloud but the one the app "came with" (the software maker's cloud). you can explore is about it. clouds are not "compatible" necessarily - far from))

Posted by: eeemv ()
Date: June 23, 2019 10:44AM

the other big lies ...

While BIG CHEESE has made huge cloud servers, personal cloud servers are a joke ...

microsoft and apple are still playing the "can't copy files in-between" game - you can only do that through cloud (or special software) which they happen to: demand subscription fees for

also: cloud used to mean "remote server" now it only means "file transfer", and even that isn't working in the sense that "working" should mean (that you can copy files between devices without compatibility hangups, that apps don't loose your data, that you can use a thumb USB drive as a temporary cloud since it does store files)

INFACT ALL CLOUD IS IS A SHAM, A FACADE, of an app putting a file somewhere without asking you where without your knowing the file name. reliable network file copying, as i said, is 1970's technology.

it's 2019 and they are calling "saving a file" Cloud and they are

LOOSING PEOPLES FILES

and are getting $$$ paid to do it

f'ing amazing

Posted by: FFU USERS PLEASE ANSWER THIS ()
Date: June 23, 2019 10:59AM

Oracle storage servers.

If I want a single distribution cloud?

If I want roll back multiple deposit point cloud (suitable for multiple users)?

How do I back up my cloud?

also ...

How do I keep my app Cloud synchronous with (many) gigabyte a thumb drive? a thumb drive on my laptop at home? (FFU USERS PLEASE ANSWER THIS)

and: why doesn't my cloud compute? what services is my cloud running? can i log in? how cappable is my cloud? why is my cloud just a file storage dummy THAT LOOSES MY FILES?

--------------------

OBAMA generation Cloud. UGH!

Posted by: FFU USERS PLEASE ANSWER THIS ()
Date: June 23, 2019 11:05AM

https://cloud.google.com/storage/archival/

advertisement

"Google Grade Security" ??? meaning they deal with china military but not USA military? can we arrest them for saying the word security in an ad??? also: all of googles security is STOLEN FROM AT&T or from a "free contributor" indirectly slaved / not paid.

"Simple and Unified Across Your Data Lifecycle". it's a file. it's assumed copyign one should be 1-2-3. microsoft apple et al have made copyign files a total pain in the ass and INTENTLY prevent support (support for doing so is extremely easy: they prevent support because they are hotly competing, which injures consumers)

Posted by: kkdvn ()
Date: June 23, 2019 11:09AM

fun fact: apple had the first end-user easy network attached file server (wifi access, and accessible remotely) for the consumer market. it wasn't called a cloud it was called "airport" ...

Apple AirPort Time Capsule (2TB Storage, still in production)

(there were better and many predecessors, but not in PC stores)

(however apple keeps cloud, apple doesn't support airport used as a cloud meaning your apps won't cloud to it)

Posted by: hd34x ()
Date: June 23, 2019 11:11AM

https://cloud.google.com/storage/archival/

lists 1,000 "uses" for google cloud (duh, file storage)

never mentions it's only function is to store files - and they at times LOOSE YOUR FILES, and certainly they allow (china, police, who) access to your files

Posted by: i hate millenials ()
Date: June 23, 2019 11:16AM

WD: "How to Backup a Windows or macOS Computer to a My Cloud Home"

it's just a thumb drive that, with windows 10 software, "allows you to copy your files to it" (which without that software, can be done anyway!!!). specifically, it does NOT backup cloud.

OBAMA MILLENIALS: STEALING EVEN WORDS. it's not a cloud, it's just a backup drive.

what is it? specs: a portable hard drive with poor interfacing / compatibility. if your not careful (ie, you upgrade your OSes), you won't be able to access your data on your "my cloud" (portable HD), whereas had you used a portable HD you would be able to make ammends. see you sucker.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.