HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
www.nationalsfanproshop.com
Posted by: liny195 ()
Date: April 18, 2019 10:11PM

The Red Sox celebrated their 2018 World Series title with the parade that rolled throughBostonon Wednesday Stephen Strasburg Jersey , capping off a season that included winning 108 regular-season games and dispatching the New York Yankees, Houston Astros and Los Angeles Dodgers in the postseason.Not only did the Red Sox win their fourth world championship since 2004 and ninth in team history, but they are also being compared with some of the greatest teams in Major League Baseball history.The Red Sox are clearly in a strong position for the future, and they are the co-favorites to win the 2019 World Series along with the Astros. Both teams are +700 favorites (bet $100 to win $700) to win the World Series next year, per OddsShark.Top 10 World Series favorites for 20191. Boston Red Sox, +7001. Houston Astros, +7003. New York Yankees, +8003. Los Angeles Dodgers, +8005. Chicago Cubs, +9006. Cleveland Indians, +12007. Milwaukee Brewers, +14007. Atlanta Braves, +14009. Washington Nationals, +18009. St. Louis Cardinals http://www.nationalsfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-adams-jersey , +1800The Red Sox clearly have some concerns going into the offseason, and two of the biggest involve closer Craig Kimbrel and Nathan Eovaldi.Kimbrel has been an excellent closer for the Red Sox the past three seasons, although he struggled quite a bit in the postseason. He will be a free agent in the offseason, and the Red Sox are going to have to decide if they want to bring him back and at what price.Eovaldi proved his value several times during the regular season and then cemented his status in the postseason. With a fastball that exceeds 100 miles per hour, Eovaldi is a major presence on the mound. However, it was the command that had eluded him prior to this year that made him a special pitcher in the offseason.He pitched six-plus innings in Game 3 of the World Series, and while he ultimately suffered the loss in that 18-inning game when he surrendered a walk-off home run to Max Muncy, he steadied the Red Sox when they needed it most. Manager Alex Cora cited him in front of the team after the heartbreaking loss for his brilliant performance, and his teammates gave him a standing ovation.Eovaldi is alsoa free agent, and bringing him back would be a positive move for the pitching staff.The Astros could lose free-agent pitchers Dallas Keuchel and Charlie Morton. While they might be able to survive one of those two pitchers leaving, losing both would be a problem for the 2017 World Series winners.The Yankees are usually one of the top offseason stories, and they traded for Giancarlo Stanton last year. The Bronx Bombers could make a move for a free-agent pitcher such as Arizona left-hander Patrick Corbin or possibly get involved in the Manny Machado or Bryce Harper sweepstakes.The Dodgers seem unlikely to bring Machado back, but they may need to address their bullpen after significant failures in that area during the World Series.Offseason moves will clearly impact the odds on which team will win the 2019 World Series, and the numbers are quite fluid and could change frequently in the offseason. MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Greg Allen and Brad Hand helped get the Cleveland Indians out of the cold and into the warmth of the clubhouse with their first victory of the season.Allen hit a go-ahead sacrifice fly in the top of the ninth inning Anthony Rendon Jersey , and Hand escaped a bases-loaded jam in the bottom half of the inning as the Indians held off the Minnesota Twins 2-1 on Saturday.The gametime temperature was 34 degrees, the third coldest in the history of Target Field, and neither team seemed comfortable at the plate.The three-time AL Central champion Indians handed new Twins manager Rocco Baldelli his first loss. The teams combined for just six hits, four by the Indians.“Runs, they can be hard to come by in early — well, it’s March. It’s not even April,” Indians manager Terry Francona said. “But it’s cold and you’ve kind of got to fight for everything you can get.”Cleveland’s depleted infield almost proved costly. Byron Buxton led off the Twins ninth with a popup in a stiff wind that shortstop Max Moroff — subbing for injured All-Star Francisco Lindor — let fall for a double. After an intentional walk to Nelson Cruz with two outs, a walk to Eddie Rosario loaded the bases.Hand retired C.J. Cron on a flyball to end it for a save, completing a combined two-hitter.“I have lot of confidence that our guys are going to go out there and hit some balls hard and get the job done,” said Baldelli, whose team has scored three runs in its first two games. “Once we getting into a groove and get into some better weather and get out there and get in a routine, I think it’ll be OK.”Jon Edwards (1-0) retired both batters he faced in the eighth for his first career victory.It was 1-all when Carlos Santana singled with one out in the ninth and reliever Blake Parker (0-1) threw two wild pitches. Allen’s drive to deep center field scored Allen.Twins starter Jake Odorizzi tied a career high with 11 strikeouts over six innings. He allowed just one hit and two walks. It was a promising start to the season after Odorizzi posted a career-worst 4.49 ERA last year, his first season with the Twins.“It was a good way to set the tone,” Odorizzi said. “Get our guys in there and start hitting. You don’t want your guys to sit out there too long when it’s cold and get a little stiff.”Indians starter Trevor Bauer began his season in style Daniel Murphy Jersey , giving up one run on one hit with a walk and nine strikeouts over seven innings. Bauer finished second in the AL with a 2.21 ERA last year.Bauer noted the cold conditions proved advantageous in commanding his pitches.“My changeup is designed to slip, so when there’s no grip on the ball, it makes it real nice,” Bauer said. “I didn’t throw many curveballs, but the slider and changeup were really good.”Hanley Ramirez put the Indians on top 1-0 with a solo homer in the fourth inning. Ramirez hit a 3-0 pitch deep into the second deck.The Twins got that run back in the bottom of the frame when Polanco hit a one-out triple and scored when Cruz grounded out.RAMIREZ DELIVERSRamirez hit his first home run since last May 12, when he was with the Red Sox.“Hitting’s all about timing. Sometimes it takes a little while for a hitter to get timing down,” said Ramirez, who signed a minor league deal with the Indians in late February and made the club during spring training. “I’ve been feeling good lately, and that’s the key.”As for swinging on a 3-0 pitch, he said Francona gave him the green light, but he remained cautious with his approach.“I only hit 3-0 when I feel good,” Ramirez said. “If I don’t feel like my timing is there, I won’t swing. I was looking for a pitch I could handle and that’s exactly what he threw.”JOINING THE 10K-10K CLUBThe Twins became just the second team since 1893 to open the season with their first two starters each striking out at least 10 batters. Jose Berrios posted 10 strikeouts on Thursday, followed by Odorizzi’s 11.The only other time that had happened was in 2001 http://www.nationalsfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-adams-jersey , when Randy Johnson struck out 10 and Curt Schilling fanned 12 in the Arizona Diamondbacks’ first two games.“We can’t ask for anything more than what we’ve got in the last two days,” Baldelli said.TRAINER’S ROOMIndians: Manager Terry Francona said Lindor (sprained left ankle) will visit Dr. Robert Anderson in Green Bay, Wisconsin, on Monday. The orthopedic surgeon specializes in working with professional athletes. “They felt having the best look at it makes sense, and I commend them for that,” Francona said.UP NEXTIndians: RHP Carlos Carrasco (17-10, 3.38 in 2018) makes his season debut on Sunday when Cleveland and Minnesota close out their three-game series. He’s coming off a year in which he set a career high with 231 strikeouts in 192 innings pitched.Twins: RHP Michael Pineda will step onto a major league mound on Sunday for the first time since July 5, 2017, when he was pitching for the Yankees. He underwent Tommy John surgery later that month, signed with the Twins in the offseason, and spent all of 2018 on the disabled list. Pineda pitched a team-high 20 1/3 innings in spring training and struck out 20.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.