HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
www.metsfanproshop.com
Posted by: liny195 ()
Date: April 18, 2019 09:53PM

Jason Miller/Getty ImagesCleveland Indians third baseman Josh Donaldson is reportedly going on the disabled list with a calf injury after being acquired from the Toronto Blue Jays in a trade last week.On Monday http://www.metsfanproshop.com/authentic-tim-tebow-jersey , Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reported Donaldson, who hasn't appeared in a major league game since May 28, would embark on a rehab assignment after the DL designation."That's what we're still working on," he told reporters Sunday about a potential return. "Whenever that schedule is finalized between all parties, I'm sure it's going to be addressed, how we're going to move forward."He has already made two trips to the disabled list this season Devin Mesoraco Jersey , once near the beginning of the season due to a shoulder injury and once at the beginning of June because of the injured left calf muscle.In what has been an injury-plagued season, the former American League MVP is hitting .234/.333/.423 with five home runs, 11 doubles and 16RBI in 36 games.Donaldson proved to be durable early on in his career, as he played in at least 155 games in each season from 2013-16.However, injuries have taken their toll on him the past two seasons, and the timing couldn't be worse. The three-time All-Star is in a walk year and was expected to be among the top free agents on the market this winter.Combine the injuries with the fact he will be 33 on Opening Day 2019 http://www.metsfanproshop.com/authentic-tim-tebow-jersey , and some teams may be wary of handing him a massive contract in free agency.Once healthy, Donaldson is slated to take over at the hot corner with MVP candidate Jose Ramirez shifting to second base and Jason Kipnis joining the Tribe's outfield rotation. Jayne Kamin-Oncea/Getty ImagesMilwaukee Brewers outfielder Christian Yelich called Los Angeles Dodgers shortstop Manny Machado a "dirty player" following L.A.'s 2-1 win over Milwaukee in Game 4 of the National League Championship Series on Tuesday.As seen in the following video courtesy of Stephen Watson of WISN 12 News, Yelich commented on a questionable play made by Machado in the 10th inning:Stephen Watson WISN_Watsonquot;Its a dirty play by a dirty player. I have a lot of respect for him as a player, but you cant respect someone who plays the game like that.quot; Christian Yelich on Manny Machado TocySpu8fKMachado appeared to kick Brewers first baseman Jesus Aguilar's right foot with his left foot on a groundout, leading the benches to clear.According to ESPN.com's Arash Markazi, Machado didn't seem bothered by Yelich's comments after the game at Dodger Stadium:"I play baseball. I try to go out there and win for my team. If that's their comments Pedro Martinez Jersey , that's their comments; I can't do nothing about that. ... I was trying to get over him and hit his foot. If that's dirty, that's dirty. I don't know, call it what you want."Machado enjoyed a career year split between the Baltimore Orioles and Dodgers during the regular season, as he hit .297 with 37 home runs and 107 RBI.Meanwhile, Yelich is perhaps the front-runner for the NL MVP award, as he hit .326 with 36 homers and 110 RBI.Machado got the last laugh Tuesday Max Kepler Jersey , though, as he scored the winning run on Cody Bellinger's walk-off single in the 13th inning.The series is tied 2-2, and Game 5 will be contested Wednesday in Los Angeles.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.