HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
We are down to calling them “blacks”, I think “blacks is more offensive then “coloreds”. I don’t see anything wrong with “coloreds”
Posted by: Brown people? ()
Date: April 14, 2019 05:21PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: We are down to calling them “blacks”, I think “blacks is more offensive then “coloreds”. I don’t see anything wrong with “coloreds”
Posted by: etmfu ()
Date: April 14, 2019 05:55PM

I just don't refer to them as anything. Better off to just not acknowledge any race of any person anymore.

NAACP - National Association for the Advancement of COLORED People????

African American - "don't call me that, I am from the West Indies (or some other place) and do not have ties to Africa"

Black - "don't call me that, I am African American"

Negro - cannot even go there, although technically they are Negroid, just like white people are Caucasian due to being Caucasoid*

*with the exception of Australian Aboriginals who can have darker skin color than most African Americans but are not Negroid, they are actually Caucasoid.

Re: We are down to calling them “blacks”, I think “blacks is more offensive then “coloreds”. I don’t see anything wrong with “coloreds”
Posted by: yes get rid of races ()
Date: April 14, 2019 06:41PM

Language is is not up to the task.

Elon Musk is African American, and he's not black.

Berbers and Egyptians are Africans, and they are not Negroid.

In British English, "colored" means something entirely different (mixed race Asian/Caucasian)

Posted by: what we learn from history ()
Date: April 14, 2019 06:46PM

etmfu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just don't refer to them as anything. Better off
> to just not acknowledge any race of any person
> anymore.
>
> NAACP - National Association for the Advancement
> of COLORED People????
>
> African American - "don't call me that, I am from
> the West Indies (or some other place) and do not
> have ties to Africa"
>
> Black - "don't call me that, I am African
> American"
>
> Negro - cannot even go there, although technically
> they are Negroid, just like white people are
> Caucasian due to being Caucasoid*
>
> *with the exception of Australian Aboriginals who
> can have darker skin color than most African
> Americans but are not Negroid, they are actually
> Caucasoid.

NAACP was founded in 1909 when 'colored' was the least offensive term for blacks.

"Colored" became the word used in Jim Crow laws when blacks were legally second class citizens. To refer to them as 'colored' is a slur because it reminds people of that time.

NAACP retains 'colored' so people don't forget that America did legally treat them once as second class citizens.

Keep saying it all you want to, and keep getting told you are a bigot.

Or get some empathy for a change, and become part of the 21st century.

Posted by: call a spade a spade ()
Date: April 14, 2019 06:48PM

There is no inoffensive term one can use to refer to our darker brethren.
They will get offended at any term used for them and demand reparations, lol.

Posted by: What can we call 'em? 925s? ()
Date: April 14, 2019 07:00PM

Ever since black, negro, and colored became offensive, there is no term left.

There is a pretty good repository of funny terms here, including 925:
http://www.rsdb.org/race/blacks

Posted by: Ekkee ()
Date: April 14, 2019 07:04PM

What can we call 'em? 925s? Wrote:
> Ever since black, negro, and colored became
> offensive, there is no term left.
>
> There is a pretty good repository of funny terms
> here, including 925:
> http://www.rsdb.org/race/blacks

This post is very informative.
Is there a code for cops, I know cops use to say, “we got 2 black males”, but since that soon will be considered racist, cops will be forced to use codes, we will all have assigned codes. Or we have them already?

Posted by: We Are Humans Not Colors ()
Date: April 14, 2019 08:37PM

BUT Before the early 70's it was a racial slur to call a Negro black . The proper name for people of the Negroid race is Negro. President Obama was called "A Magic Negro" for example by other Negros when he was campaigning to become US president

Posted by: Jpcvb ()
Date: April 14, 2019 08:45PM

How about we focus on character? Forget the race and national origin.

Posted by: Slavemaster Slim ()
Date: April 14, 2019 08:54PM

What’s wrong with some of the good old names like=
Jigaboo
Spook
Sambo
Darkie
Porch monkey

Posted by: Sparks ()
Date: April 14, 2019 09:45PM

Life has become complicated for whites who unfortunately must spend time around people who can't settle on a name for themselves after four hundred years. Blacks, negroes, colorards, colored people, who really knows anymore? Why can't we go back to what always worked and was universally understood?

Posted by: Get over yourself ()
Date: April 14, 2019 10:08PM

Sparks Wrote:
> Life has become complicated for whites who
> unfortunately must spend time around people who
> can't settle on a name for themselves after four
> hundred years. Blacks, negroes, colorards, colored
> people, who really knows anymore? Why can't we go
> back to what always worked and was universally
> understood?
That is just the price to pay for being part of the majority. If you actually had empathy for others who are not in the majority, you would getut, but you just don't.

Keep chanting your 'pro-white' foolishness and keep telling the world being born white is the only important thing about you.

Posted by: NIGGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ()
Date: April 14, 2019 10:08PM

Attachments:
BjDOomnCIAEN31S.jpg

Posted by: Cleaver ()
Date: April 14, 2019 10:09PM

I really don’t like African American.
I remember the day we had to start calling the coloreds, African American, it was in school by some teacher.
Who decided on this? Who’s idea was it?

Posted by: Vanilla ice ()
Date: April 14, 2019 10:15PM

The point of this thread is, we are all racists. I’m called white, white boy, Caucasian, cracka...we all see people for our differences, and years ago, we were taught or raised to understand and enjoy our differences.
Now, pointing out and enjoying our differences is racist.

Posted by: Boo fn hoo ()
Date: April 14, 2019 11:14PM

My 93 yo uncle calls them colored..better than n——r

Posted by: guest1 ()
Date: April 14, 2019 11:25PM

Cleaver Wrote:
> I really don’t like African American.
> I remember the day we had to start calling the
> coloreds, African American, it was in school by
> some teacher.
> Who decided on this? Who’s idea was it?

When I was in South Africa on assignment with DOS, I mentioned to some black South African friends something or other about an African American friend I had who visited Pretoria, and before I could finish, told me that it's offensive to call black Americans "African", because they had no connection to the continent. "White South Africans are more African than your Blacks".

I LOL'd at that. I informed them if they ever visited the States, they would be best off not telling their black brethren that if they wished to return to their country alive.

Posted by: President Trump FTW! ()
Date: April 15, 2019 05:38AM

Racial identifiers are used by democrats only to keep racism and division alive.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.