HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I was thinking of buying a Buick Envision but I found out it is made in China!
Posted by: throttle body ()
Date: March 24, 2019 12:29PM

GM took all that bail out money from us years ago and now they build most of their vehicles in China. Then they put thousands of Americans out of work by closing US plants. Fuck GM, I am looking at Fords and Lincolns now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I was thinking of buying a Buick Envision but I found out it is made in China!
Posted by: A Buick? ()
Date: March 24, 2019 02:01PM

Who the fuck drives a Buick? are you over 80 years old?

Re: I was thinking of buying a Buick Envision but I found out it is made in China!
Posted by: Louie Chevrolet ()
Date: March 24, 2019 02:36PM

throttle body Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GM took all that bail out money from us years ago
> and now they build most of their vehicles in
> China. Then they put thousands of Americans out of
> work by closing US plants. Fuck GM, I am looking
> at Fords and Lincolns now.

The Buick Envision is the only GM product made in China. Good luck looking at Fords , they are mostly made in Mexico.

Posted by: throttle body ()
Date: March 24, 2019 03:03PM

Louie Chevrolet Wrote:
> throttle body Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > GM took all that bail out money from us years
> ago
> > and now they build most of their vehicles in
> > China. Then they put thousands of Americans out
> of
> > work by closing US plants. Fuck GM, I am
> looking
> > at Fords and Lincolns now.
>
>
> The Buick Envision is the only GM product made in
> China. Good luck looking at Fords , they are
> mostly made in Mexico.

Actually it's the only model made in China but sold in the US. GM makes more cars in China than they do here Baojun's are made by GM and they are some of the most popular cars sold in China. GM is saying fuck you to America and making a shitload of money in China.
I would like to buy a truly American car but you are right most of them are built in Mexico or Canada. I am going to look at Lincoln Aviators next weekend, at least they are made here.

Posted by: top quality ()
Date: March 24, 2019 03:10PM

Louie Chevrolet Wrote:
> throttle body Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > GM took all that bail out money from us years
> ago
> > and now they build most of their vehicles in
> > China. Then they put thousands of Americans out
> of
> > work by closing US plants. Fuck GM, I am
> looking
> > at Fords and Lincolns now.
>
>
> The Buick Envision is the only GM product made in
> China. Good luck looking at Fords , they are
> mostly made in Mexico.

it has a JATCO transmission

Posted by: Things no one should say.... ()
Date: March 24, 2019 10:16PM

...I was thinking of buying a Buick

Posted by: Sambo ()
Date: March 24, 2019 11:37PM

///
Attachments:
image.jpeg

Posted by: Automotive data analyst ()
Date: March 30, 2019 06:53AM

You know GM was once a great American company but they are fraught with problems today. Building and selling cars in China is just a quick fix to appease their shareholders. In China they do not have to deal with labor unions. Over there management and labor work together as friends whereas here in the USA management and labor generally hate each other.
GM continues to lay off American workers and close plants in the US. Seven out of 10 GM vehicles are made in China and the way things are going it will be nine out of ten before long. The Chinese made Buick is just the first of many.

Posted by: tuba lips ()
Date: March 30, 2019 11:29AM

Stick with a true American car, Toyota!

Posted by: auto mechanic ()
Date: June 29, 2019 03:17PM

tuba lips Wrote:
> Stick with a true American car, Toyota!

Good advice.

Posted by: chinabuick ()
Date: September 21, 2019 12:57PM

Turns out the China Buick is the highest quality GM product sold in the US in 27 years. Americans are good but they build shitty cars.

Posted by: China car make for you ()
Date: September 21, 2019 01:27PM

<!-- Default Statcounter code for Tracker #8
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/3199288.html
-->
Web Analytics
<!-- End of Statcounter Code -->

make good car

Posted by: st ()
Date: September 21, 2019 01:41PM

Web Analytics
<!-- End of Statcounter Code -->

Posted by: wisfora ()
Date: September 21, 2019 02:41PM

Hi TJ

Posted by: e3r4fgtb4r3 ()
Date: September 21, 2019 05:24PM

a desperate dem that hacks forum web hits Carry Weiderman is not

what is your point web hit boy? to offer fake hits?

Posted by: r4gtgree ()
Date: September 21, 2019 05:27PM

web hit counters are use only when the web server is not tied to a database

"good" web servers do not "require" a tie to a database but are ready to do so WITHOUT WORK AROUNDS

every work around, i guarantee you, was set in to prevent competition - set in place by big companies to stop home dwellers from offering their own competing web pages (also by, ie on COX CABLE, demanding $110/mo. to re-enable port 80 which they are attacking/blocking illegally)

Posted by: r4gtgree ()
Date: September 21, 2019 05:33PM

if you take the list of "work arounds" to compile linux from scratch?

you have a list of every "linux war" foreign hostile attack on linux. very few of them are by mistake: most of them were placed in by a small crowd funded by economic terrorists

THE LIST IS VERY VERY LONG

(newly, they offer hand compile but only if you use all their poison warez and end up with the same thing you could have downloaded - perhaps without mystery bins - but you'd only be fooling yourself mystery will be prolific in the bins still)

this latest unix war began with microsoft almost going out of business, google stealing and attacking linux (hoping to become it's only distrubutor), Ubuntu attacking Debian to shut it down and be "under new hostile management and license"

it was furthered with microsoft deals with Ubuntu and Novell (suse linux, who also altered their license)

FINALLY, IT ENDS WITH Hillary state dept. paying foreigners to infiltrate USA based FreeBSD unix with Ubuntu hostile hackers. FreeBSD is now "f*cked up" more than linux is: and the SAME people behind f'ing up linux are behind f'ing up FreeBSD

Posted by: President Trump FTW! ()
Date: September 21, 2019 05:55PM

I have been negotiating with GM to buy one of the plants they are closing in Ohio. Can’t say anything else at the moment.
Thanks President Trump! Fuck Libs!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.