HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Trump ruined the iconic Boeing 737.
Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: March 13, 2019 06:47PM

Is there anything this loser won't ruin? First the FAA didn't act immediately after a brand new one slammed into the ground in Indonesia. Then the dumb ass government shut down delayed implementation of necessary safety changes to its flight software. Then another brand new one does the same thing in Africa.

And this moron is forced to be the last country to ground planes built in America to begin with. Seriously damaging the credibility and reputation of American aviation and safety standards.

The Boeing 737 is one thing. The blood of these victims of which there could have been potentially more stateside with this moron at the helm is all on God forsaken Trump, his dumb ass supporters and their stupid ass shut down and continued incompetence coupled with historic corruption.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trump ruined the iconic Boeing 737.
Posted by: Gerry Tard ()
Date: March 13, 2019 06:49PM

Damn you got a lot of free time Gerry

Posted by: FAA ()
Date: March 13, 2019 06:50PM

Too bad you weren’t on one that crashed dune coon.

Posted by: Sickening ()
Date: March 13, 2019 07:25PM

The acting head of the FAA is a former lobbyist to the aviation industry. Of course. McConnell’s wife is the head of the Department of Transportation and she could have grounded the plane but, of course, she didn’t. Maybe someone finally made Trump aware that he would be blamed if a plane went down on his watch. That’s really the only thing he cares about.

As far as I’m concerned, Trump is directly responsible for the loss of 150 lives in the most recent crash. And you know that he doesn’t give a damn.

Posted by: Brown Onion ()
Date: March 13, 2019 07:31PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is there anything this loser won't ruin? First the
> FAA didn't act immediately after a brand new one
> slammed into the ground in Indonesia. Then the
> dumb ass government shut down delayed
> implementation of necessary safety changes to its
> flight software. Then another brand new one does
> the same thing in Africa.
>
> And this moron is forced to be the last country to
> ground planes built in America to begin with.
> Seriously damaging the credibility and reputation
> of American aviation and safety standards.
>
> The Boeing 737 is one thing. The blood of these
> victims of which there could have been potentially
> more stateside with this moron at the helm is all
> on God forsaken Trump, his dumb ass supporters and
> their stupid ass shut down and continued
> incompetence coupled with historic corruption.

Towel heads and africans wreck good American planes, there you go again Gerry. I'd happily put my bowels on any 737 800 max.

Posted by: Libtard pussies ()
Date: March 13, 2019 08:03PM

I so love how Prez. Trump has completely ruined the lives of these pussy libtards.

Lolz!

Attachments:
image.jpeg

Posted by: Vhfhjj ()
Date: March 13, 2019 08:26PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> Is there anything this loser won't ruin? First the
> FAA didn't act immediately after a brand new one
> slammed into the ground in Indonesia. Then the
> dumb ass government shut down delayed
> implementation of necessary safety changes to its
> flight software. Then another brand new one does
> the same thing in Africa.
>
> And this moron is forced to be the last country to
> ground planes built in America to begin with.
> Seriously damaging the credibility and reputation
> of American aviation and safety standards.
>
> The Boeing 737 is one thing. The blood of these
> victims of which there could have been potentially
> more stateside with this moron at the helm is all
> on God forsaken Trump, his dumb ass supporters and
> their stupid ass shut down and continued
> incompetence coupled with historic corruption.

Fuck off, eesh.

Posted by: N7ENE ()
Date: March 13, 2019 08:37PM

The consumer advocate Ralph Nader, lost his grande niece in the Ethiopia aircraft crash. He blamed Trump and Boeing for the crash, because the airlines and Boeing have gone to automate away aircrew and maintaining the air frame. See Democracy Now!, democracynow.com.

Posted by: Leftist.Gorilla ()
Date: March 13, 2019 10:32PM

If it's an American plane that is killing people, the FAA will always be the final national authority to ground the airplane. It's not politically expedient for any President to ground U.S. built civilian aircraft.

I have 3 people in my family who are commercial pilots. This is a known problem with the MCAS system. It's an automatic trimming system which engages and induces nose down when it detects low airspeed to avert a stall. But, it's engaging incorrectly due to bad data coming in from the angle of attack vanes. The pilot feels the nose down, pulls back on the yoke, the plane flies parabolas and finally stalls and crashes. Non-American market 737 Max airplanes have one vane, American market 737 Max airplanes have two.

Boeing has installed a cutout circuit where the pilot can disengage MCAS. But, if you haven't received the updated training, your pilot instincts are to pull back on the yoke instead of disengaging MCAS. This is a lack of training issue not an airframe problem.

Posted by: Black people can't fly that bird ()
Date: March 13, 2019 10:39PM

Dead pilots, White or Black brownish? Fair question. Da Plane!

Posted by: tailgater accidents ()
Date: March 13, 2019 11:11PM

BARACK DRIVERS CUASE MOST AXIDENTS

Posted by: 3cdnp ()
Date: March 13, 2019 11:54PM

220px-NASA_TEST_737-100_prototype.jpg

The prototype 737, a -100 operated by NASA for testing

a good question is if there is a problem or this is all hype by a-bus (competitor) aligned news agencies ... which are CNN and FOX btw

Posted by: 3cdnp ()
Date: March 13, 2019 11:56PM

if your wheels fall off landing on sand can be tested

insidious untested software problems can go right over so-called engineers heads

(who, btw, are far over their head, if it's the case there is a software problem)

uber driverless is killing people wholesale knowing it will killing and collecting data from the crashes to sell to (china, whoever buys it)

does UBER get bad press. no. why?

Posted by: 2r43fge ()
Date: March 13, 2019 11:57PM

There are hundreds upon hundreds of these 737-related ASRS reports, amounting to more than 600,000 words total when I exported them to a text file. Significantly, at least 99 percent of the reports are about “normal” aviation problems, which could have happened on any kind of airplane. In one, a captain confesses that he got no sleep in a noisy hotel room the night before a flight, and nonetheless took command of a plane when he should have declared himself unfit. In another, a maintenance worker talks about an engine-start problem with a 737. In another, a pilot complains that a controller did not let him descend early enough to intercept the instrument-landing signal at a major airport. Another observes that the 737’s cockpit design let his flight manual slide down in an area that made it hard to retrieve during flight. And so on.

Posted by: uugnw ()
Date: March 13, 2019 11:58PM

Attachments:
troll.jpeg

Posted by: j3nud ()
Date: March 13, 2019 11:59PM

meanwhile, news about ABUS crashes have gone completely quiet

hmmm......

Posted by: 2rfgge ()
Date: March 14, 2019 12:00AM

The first four reports involve the aspect of the 737 Max software most in the news: its MCAS program that automatically lowers the nose of the plane, even if the pilot does not want the plane to descend. In these cases, it is worth noting, these U.S.-carrier pilots disabled or overrode automated systems and took control of the plane themselves. Obviously none of these flights crashed.

TROLL HARDER, i'm not hearing you

Posted by: @Leftist.Gorilla ()
Date: March 14, 2019 12:01AM

Leftist.Gorilla Wrote:
> If it's an American plane that is killing people,
> the FAA will always be the final national
> authority to ground the airplane. It's not
> politically expedient for any President to ground
> U.S. built civilian aircraft.
>
> I have 3 people in my family who are commercial
> pilots. This is a known problem with the MCAS
> system. It's an automatic trimming system which
> engages and induces nose down when it detects low
> airspeed to avert a stall. But, it's engaging
> incorrectly due to bad data coming in from the
> angle of attack vanes. The pilot feels the nose
> down, pulls back on the yoke, the plane flies
> parabolas and finally stalls and crashes.
> Non-American market 737 Max airplanes have one
> vane, American market 737 Max airplanes have two.
>
> Boeing has installed a cutout circuit where the
> pilot can disengage MCAS. But, if you haven't
> received the updated training, your pilot
> instincts are to pull back on the yoke instead of
> disengaging MCAS. This is a lack of training issue
> not an airframe problem.

I have a very crude understanding of this plane, but from what I’ve read Boeing installed a more powerful engine on the 737 which caused the nose down situation. Boeing, in turn, created a new system to automatically correct the nose down problem. However, that system appears to be intermittently faulty and pilots were not advised on how to manually override it.

Who is at fault here - Boeing for designing a faulty plane, the airlines for not training the pilots, the Government for not requiring more transparency, or someone else? I would imagine that there will be a tremendous amount of finger pointing in an attempt to avoid liability which will be extremely costly, especially given the loss of life.

Posted by: kj7wm ()
Date: March 14, 2019 12:04AM

SOFT LANDING SYSTEMS HAVE BEEN AROUND BEFORE SLACKWARE LINUX*

THE MANUALS FOR THEM ARE PRETTY THICK

I'VE NEVER SEEN ONE AND CAN SAY THAT BECAUSE ... WELL ... BECAUSE I GOT OUT OF HS AND JUST KNOW !!

(* that's 1995, and the author of slackare thought using the no longer used non-commercial code would be cool for use in a custom 'nix - it was not boeing's)

Posted by: rfedesd ()
Date: March 14, 2019 12:12AM

220px-NASA_TEST_737-100_prototype.jpg

in this test you see that landing in sand the craft still has it's wheels - they were not torn off. quite a feat for something that has to be "low weight".

Posted by: ht9tw ()
Date: March 14, 2019 12:25AM

Narrative: 1

It was day three of six for me and day three with very good FO (First Officer). Well rested, great rapport and above average Crew coordination. Knew we had a MAX. It was my leg, normal Ops Brief, plus I briefed our concerns with the MAX issues, bulletin, MCAS, stab trim cutout response etc. I mentioned I would engage autopilot sooner than usual (I generally hand fly to at least above 10,000 ft.) to remove the possible MCAS threat.

Weather was about 1000 OVC drizzle, temperature dropping and an occasional snow flake. I double checked with an additional personal walkaround just prior to push; a few drops of water on the aircraft but clean aircraft, no deice required. Strong crosswind and I asked Tug Driver to push a little more tail east so as not to have slow/hung start gusts 30+.

Wind and mechanical turbulence was noted. Careful engine warm times, normal flaps 5 takeoff in strong (appeared almost direct) crosswind. Departure was normal. Takeoff and climb in light to moderate turbulence. After flaps 1 to "up" and above clean "MASI up speed" with LNAV engaged I looked at and engaged A Autopilot. As I was returning to my PFD (Primary Flight Display) PM (Pilot Monitoring) called "DESCENDING" followed by almost an immediate: "DONT SINK DONT SINK!"

I immediately disconnected AP (Autopilot) (it WAS engaged as we got full horn etc.) and resumed climb. Now, I would generally assume it was my automation error, i.e., aircraft was trying to acquire a miss-commanded speed/no autothrottles, crossing restriction etc., but frankly neither of us could find an inappropriate setup error (not to say there wasn't one).

With the concerns with the MAX 8 nose down stuff, we both thought it appropriate to bring it to your attention. We discussed issue at length over the course of the return to ZZZ. Best guess from me is airspeed fluctuation due to mechanical shear/frontal passage that overwhelmed automation temporarily or something incorrectly setup in MCP (Mode Control Panel). PM's callout on "descending" was particularly quick and welcome as I was just coming back to my display after looking away. System and procedures coupled with CRM (Resource Management) trapped and mitigated issue.

Synopsis

B737MAX Captain reported an autopilot anomaly in which led to an undesired brief nose down situation.

On a dry runway, a Boeing 737-800 has a maximum allowable crosswind component of approximately 33kts. For taking off on a wet runway it’s about 27kts.

if you look at the above report the pilot claims for (concerns) he doesn't engage autopilot until 10k ft (above mild cloud level): however he says in the report he had it on while climbing. (old auto pilot systems were not used in take-off or landing - only like auto pilot in cars - only for hours of trained direction, ie, not for weather manuevers or steering around obstacles)

if you look at the report above the report is ~ 30 knot wind speed at takeoff - which is near limits. you note also he said the copilot was told to correct trim(s) for high crosswind takeoff

-----------------

rule #1 for pilots: blame it on the plane

rule #1 for makers: blame it on the pilots

Posted by: ht9tw ()
Date: March 14, 2019 12:27AM

you also noted from above the runway was wet (possibly slippery as well, but not stated)

Posted by: 4rgerw ()
Date: March 14, 2019 12:36AM

"The mechanic explained the light was part of a menu for maintenance use only on the ground."

the pilot, reportedly, had set one of the displays to display a ground maintenance mode and was un-aware he had done so

it was reportedly the FIRST flight of both pilots on that airplane model - and a bigger question is what airport lets pilots fly a plane the first time if there is a "learning curve" question.

--------

In addition, there are two selector knobs that are under-explained (i.e., not explained) in the manual, and we were uncertain what their purpose was. One is under the Fuel Flow switch and the other under the MFD/ENG TFR display switch. These knobs don't seem to work in flight.

--------------

DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON, IT EJECTS THE PEANUTS AND STEWARDESSES !

Posted by: md9dh ()
Date: March 14, 2019 12:44AM

the pilot is a foreigner without full boeing documentation and comlains boeing should have made an airplane that "acts like foreign models" so that he would not be confused

(he wants free shit)

i sympathise and don't. i wanted to operate cisco telephone equipment but could not afford books and classes so i ran linux

however i did not call cisco and troll for free shit either

Posted by: jjjv4 ()
Date: March 14, 2019 01:04AM

while not documented, the system would activate early if there was:

* more fuel (unlikely), passengers (maybe) and Cargo than suggested

Posted by: tn3dx ()
Date: March 14, 2019 01:11AM

https://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2019/03/heres-what-was-on-the-record-about-problems-with-the-737-max/584791/

there are other complaints admitted little knowledge of the system being complained of

I ONLY MENTION THAT BECAUSE SIMILAR COMPLAINTS WERE "common" and in the news years ago when the auto pilot systems were newer but becoming more sophisticated

(you see my point? that this is like dejavu from the 1990's)

Posted by: wkvdh ()
Date: March 14, 2019 01:30AM

certain commercial aircraft are more complicated to take-off and land than more predictable small aircraft. computers are required to help the pilots (not counting autopilot - that is separate)

Posted by: 4r3ew ()
Date: March 14, 2019 01:34AM

Ethiopian-Airlines-Plane-Crash-790.jpg

there were 157 passengers, 22 un workers, 8 "americans"

note the logo on the side: it says Cargo

Posted by: CORRECTION ()
Date: March 14, 2019 01:36AM

that's the wrong plane

Posted by: lphch ()
Date: March 14, 2019 01:36AM

(i was goign to say 737 -max and don't paint the sensors please)

Posted by: dnmvv ()
Date: March 14, 2019 01:39AM

de7b493c-c8d6-41a9-b5c7-5fd801bd2f8e-VPC the plane was said to have been at speed of over 450 mph (that's fast)

Posted by: d6ph9 ()
Date: March 14, 2019 01:46AM

photos were taken with cleanup crew on site - they used back hoe to widen and spread the field across (an acre) for some purpose of (cleaning up )

many or all of the photos were shown after the tractors had spread the debris

Posted by: r4tg4e ()
Date: March 14, 2019 01:56AM

0281ce66-screen-shot-2018-10-29-at-10.36

there is a problem with a "complicated" commercial air craft as far as taking off with a load while also turning while there's a cross-wind

the problem is: it's complicated

the above is likely "an estimated predicted flight plan". the plane crashed "somewhere after reaching 1000 ft" (this is well within the "take-off stall zone")

take-off stalls are never easy: they are the at least as dangerous as landing with a cross wind (which isn't safe, and may require computer aide in a large commercial craft)

Posted by: r4tg4e ()
Date: March 14, 2019 01:58AM

the flight crashed "almost immediately after taking off" (within minutes)

at 1,000 ft the turn or bank shown in the graph above should not have yet begun

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: March 14, 2019 02:26AM

Trump never seems to not fail at crisis management and always looks like a despicable incompetent corrupt fool. The man is not capable of any governing. Its amazing we're still alive. Lmao and he's the Republican nominee for 2020 even though I'm sure his former Chief of Staff John Kelly will be voting against him.

Posted by: Gerry trump sucker ()
Date: March 14, 2019 02:41AM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> Trump never seems to not fail at crisis management
> and always looks like a despicable incompetent
> corrupt fool. The man is not capable of any
> governing. Its amazing we're still alive. Lmao and
> he's the Republican nominee for 2020 even though
> I'm sure his former Chief of Staff John Kelly will
> be voting against him.

How does Trump’s cock taste, rammed up against your tonsils?

Posted by: NOG PLEASE ()
Date: March 14, 2019 04:39AM

The engine is too fucking big for that old 737 frame.

It’s like niggers that get giant 22 inch rims on their Impala.

It will keep crashing even after more software fixes.
Attachments:
4113D5DA-557F-412F-AE9F-375E01AEE79D.jpeg

Posted by: Nog Please ()
Date: March 14, 2019 04:42AM

-
Attachments:
766FEEC8-16CF-4485-BE27-C0DD8DB0B2D7.jpeg

Posted by: Nog Pleaze ()
Date: March 14, 2019 04:45AM

Attachments:
8B0927B4-61C5-4C33-82FB-0B438B58CA22.jpeg

Posted by: v7v4l ()
Date: March 14, 2019 12:38PM

the pilot is a foreigner without full boeing documentation and comlains boeing should have made an airplane that "acts like foreign models" so that he would not be confused

(he wants free shit - free training / free manuals, or free aircraft parts that were never paid for to make things "easier". blaming the plane.)

i sympathise and don't. i wanted to operate cisco telephone equipment but could not afford books and classes so i ran linux

however i did not call cisco and troll for free shit either

Posted by: mtmct ()
Date: March 14, 2019 12:39PM

there are other complaints admitted little knowledge of the system being complained of

I ONLY MENTION THAT BECAUSE SIMILAR COMPLAINTS WERE "common" and in the news years ago when the auto pilot systems were newer but becoming more sophisticated

(you see my point? that this is like dejavu from the 1990's)

Posted by: ecwuj ()
Date: March 15, 2019 12:10PM

ecwuj

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.