HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: hairy homeowner ()
Date: February 27, 2019 05:41PM

I am thinking of getting a 6 slice toaster oven. Are they safe and do they bake well?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: AllyOfNone ()
Date: February 27, 2019 05:50PM

hairy homeowner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am thinking of getting a 6 slice toaster oven.
> Are they safe and do they bake well?


I use one all the time. They're excellent for toast, sausages, chicken, anything that's small in size or amount and therefore renders a conventional oven to large.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: Himlers cousin ()
Date: February 27, 2019 05:54PM

How many Jews fit in there?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: Hey OP... ()
Date: February 27, 2019 06:03PM

..don't stick your little pudgy in there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: poppy's ()
Date: February 27, 2019 08:05PM

Toaster ovens are good for toast, eng muffins etc. No one seriously cooks in the though. Maybe toasted cheese sammy but only losers cook in a toaster oven.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: Convection Oven Alternative ()
Date: February 27, 2019 10:09PM

For about $100 you can find counter top convection ovens. They can cook almost as well as a standard oven, but since they are smaller they won't heat up the kitchen as much. I have used them to cook casseroles and pizzas and my wife used them to bake a number of things. Problem is they seem to die after about three years of use, and they don't toast well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: AllyOfNone ()
Date: February 27, 2019 11:10PM

I owned a convection oven and the fan would always blow the toppings off my pizzas.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: Just do it ()
Date: February 27, 2019 11:16PM

Breville Smart Oven - Buy it. Rarely use my big oven after having it. Kind of ironically, the one thing that it doesn't really do all that great a job with is toast.

Panasonic has some good ones too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: AllyOfNone ()
Date: February 27, 2019 11:25PM

Just do it Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Breville Smart Oven - Buy it. Rarely use my big
> oven after having it. Kind of ironically, the one
> thing that it doesn't really do all that great a
> job with is toast.
>
> Panasonic has some good ones too.

No shit. If I owned a Breville I wouldn't use anything else either. I snagged an "old" Breville coffee maker off my neighbor, who was throwing it out due to an easily fixed issue, and it still worth $1,200.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: home chef ()
Date: February 28, 2019 06:27AM

I have a Toshiba 6 slice convection toaster oven and it cooks better than my regular big oven, it was 66 bucks from Amazon. It will make toast just fine but it is kind of slow. As far as baking It is great. A 2 pound meatloaf fits in there just fine.
The best thing about toaster ovens is when they start looking dirty and nasty after about 3 years you just throw them away and get a nice clean new one. They keep your big oven cleaner because you will use it a lot less if you have a toaster oven. They also save energy and probably pay for themselves after a year or two.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: Chef Bill ()
Date: February 28, 2019 06:34AM

I use my toaster oven all the time. It's especially good when I have to cook two different things at different temperatures.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: FXU regular ()
Date: February 28, 2019 06:45AM

I live in my Mom's basement so all I have to cook with is a toaster oven and a microwave. I can't use them at the same time though as that will cause the circuit breaker to pop. I also have a old Kenmore refrigerator I got off craigslist for 45 bucks. The toaster oven is big enough to cook a Tombstone pizza. I love a hot and fresh tombstone after a nice vape session. Toaster ovens are cool!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: Toaster oven=DEATH ()
Date: February 28, 2019 10:52AM

Toaster ovens can cause burns and house fires. Outside parts of the toaster such as the glass door on rack-style toaster ovens can get hot enough to cause blisters. It is also easy to burn yourself reaching into a toaster oven to retrieve bread or pastries since the area is quite small. Toaster ovens have been know to burst into flames and cause serious injuries and even DEATH!
Never use a toaster oven.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: word of intercourse ()
Date: February 28, 2019 10:57AM

Convection Oven Alternative Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For about $100 you can find counter top convection
> ovens. They can cook almost as well as a standard
> oven, but since they are smaller they won't heat
> up the kitchen as much. I have used them to cook
> casseroles and pizzas and my wife used them to
> bake a number of things. Problem is they seem to
> die after about three years of use, and they don't
> toast well.

Mine cooks some things better than my oven because my toaster is a convection oven - so what? Who the fuck cooks tiny dishes able to fit in a toaster oven? As for cooking meats forget it you will coat your toaster oven with fat and those ovens get fucking hot. Asking for a fire.

Toast your toast, heat your Hors d'oeuvre maybe but fuking forget cooking meals in taht shiiiat

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: dgiwq ()
Date: February 28, 2019 03:08PM

I am sorry you settled for the WalMart POS Special. Mine will easily fit most baking dishes leaving sufficient room for air and heat to circulate to insure proper cooking. I wouldn't think of using it to roast a chicken, but in theory it could do so. It is the right piece of cooking equipment for many jobs when a standard sized oven is overkill.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: guntard. ()
Date: February 28, 2019 03:17PM

Toaster oven=DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Toaster ovens can cause burns and house fires.
> Outside parts of the toaster such as the glass
> door on rack-style toaster ovens can get hot
> enough to cause blisters. It is also easy to burn
> yourself reaching into a toaster oven to retrieve
> bread or pastries since the area is quite small.
> Toaster ovens have been know to burst into flames
> and cause serious injuries and even DEATH!
> Never use a toaster oven.

A fear of toaster ovens is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: AllyOfNone ()
Date: February 28, 2019 03:40PM

guntard. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Toaster oven=DEATH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Toaster ovens can cause burns and house fires.
> > Outside parts of the toaster such as the glass
> > door on rack-style toaster ovens can get hot
> > enough to cause blisters. It is also easy to
> burn
> > yourself reaching into a toaster oven to
> retrieve
> > bread or pastries since the area is quite
> small.
> > Toaster ovens have been know to burst into
> flames
> > and cause serious injuries and even DEATH!
> > Never use a toaster oven.
>
> A fear of toaster ovens is a sign of retarded
> sexual and emotional maturity

Tell us more, Freud.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: cto-390pc ()
Date: February 28, 2019 04:41PM

dgiwq Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am sorry you settled for the WalMart POS
> Special. Mine will easily fit most baking dishes
> leaving sufficient room for air and heat to
> circulate to insure proper cooking. I wouldn't
> think of using it to roast a chicken, but in
> theory it could do so. It is the right piece of
> cooking equipment for many jobs when a standard
> sized oven is overkill.


guess what - walmart sells the same chinese shit everyone else does. For what its worth I use a Cuisinart CTO-390PC Convection Toaster Oven Broiler I purchased at Costco. See how shiny it is? Well use it a dozen times and the extreme heat makes everything inside and out brown. You cook in your oven - good or you. Why not try toasting bread with a coat hanger over a hot plate a-la Blues Brothers...


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: food not included ()
Date: February 28, 2019 04:43PM


lol 'food not included' Note how clean the inside of the oven is - what a fukeing joke mang

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: AllyOfNone ()
Date: February 28, 2019 05:06PM

Why but a toaster oven?
Attachments:
Soviet-Engineering-Best-Demotivational-Posters.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: UCFXW ()
Date: February 28, 2019 05:20PM

I cook hot dogs and sausages with an extension cord with an on/off switch on it.
Similar to the picture, works like a charm, cooks a dog in about 30 seconds. Still need the toaster over to lightly toast the buns though..
Attachments:
image.jpeg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: M Johnson ()
Date: March 01, 2019 11:09AM

use my toaster oven all the time. Great for cooking for a one person household.
Did baked marinated salmon fillet on Wednesday and baked chicken breast on Thursday. Plan to defrost and heat "something" from my freezer for dinner tonight. Also use it to bake a potato
I have a Delonghi I bought over 5 years ago at Best Buy. It is starting to look kind of old, but still works. Hope this helps.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: bent nail ()
Date: March 01, 2019 12:55PM

I use the hell out of big cheap toaster ovens. They get all nasty after a couple years then I just buy a new one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: throat puncher ()
Date: March 01, 2019 01:17PM

Himlers cousin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How many Jews fit in there?


Wouldn't know. But I hope Trip Affleck will fit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: Phil the jew ()
Date: March 01, 2019 04:17PM

My toaster oven is haunted.
Attachments:
black-decker-convection-toaster-oven-1773-x-1210-tmb.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: AllyOfNone ()
Date: March 01, 2019 05:02PM

bent nail Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I use the hell out of big cheap toaster ovens.
> They get all nasty after a couple years then I
> just buy a new one.


The Filipino aunt has a big cheap one that she retained beyond your two-year recommended date. It has at least three decades worth of burnt-on grease and shit inside of it. You can barely see through the glass.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: Home owner ()
Date: March 01, 2019 07:31PM

Home insurance questionnaire - Do you have a swimming pool, trampoline, firearms, any of these dangerous dog breeds or a toaster oven?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: BSer ()
Date: March 01, 2019 08:49PM

Home owner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Home insurance questionnaire - Do you have a
> swimming pool, trampoline, firearms, any of these
> dangerous dog breeds or a toaster oven?


BS

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: toastyy ()
Date: March 01, 2019 09:05PM

AllyOfNone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> bent nail Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I use the hell out of big cheap toaster ovens.
> > They get all nasty after a couple years then I
> > just buy a new one.
>
>
> The Filipino aunt has a big cheap one that she
> retained beyond your two-year recommended date.
> It has at least three decades worth of burnt-on
> grease and shit inside of it. You can barely see
> through the glass.

razor blade will clean the glass good as new.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: Buyer Beware ()
Date: March 01, 2019 11:58PM

I’ve owned a bunch of different toaster ovens over the years. The best all around multipurpose toaster ovens are the Brevilles. But if your primary objective is to actually make toast, Panasonic is the winner. The Panasonic uses a different technology to instantly heat up. It’s also very light and has a small footprint.

None of the toaster ovens are really safe (see online reviews if you doubt this). I’ve had a Breville and a Panasonic both catch on fire. Scary as hell. Best advice I can give is to buy a well known brand, don’t EVER leave the oven unattended (at least be nearby), and unplug it when not in use.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: r4t3gere ()
Date: March 02, 2019 11:00AM


gerrymanderer2 (OP) posts several lies on ffu daily - many\.10think he's a fx co gov worker who is getting paid to do it for false DNC democrat "advertising". he floods ffu with useless posts to bump down major news, posts fecal matter, mutilated bodies, child porn, foreign drug ads and sneaker ads, tells people to kill themselves and government should seize them and put them on psych pills in prison - decided by democrat gov of course, promotes kangaroo courthouse trials, gives anti-religious rants, gives satanic ritual rants, posts black males with large dicks on white young females, portends white low birth rate and fall of USA, food tampering/poisoning, and anything possible to DEMORALIZE white people on ffu. (perhaps a chinese prisoner or isis member - but definitely knowledgeable of fx co gov from the inside at times). the website operator has told him "not to post or return" which are still posted - not removed, by the sysop: not because of a political leaning but for continual illegal and gross spam along with messages that are only to demoralize if not kill others. he/she plays at financial terrorism as well: continuall reporting false financial data, and fake emergency please from (fake members of the community he makes up)

internet stalking


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: tippy. ()
Date: March 03, 2019 05:23AM

I was heating taco shells in the toaster oven and it was set for broil. I got distracted by the dog knocking some shit over in the next room. Next thing I know the fucking toaster oven is in flames, had to spray it with a fire extinguisher and that powder went everywhere. Not the fault of the toaster oven though it was my own stupidity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: Mike huntt ()
Date: March 03, 2019 07:21AM

Wow you really fucking stupid. You must be a nigger

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: Mama McCoon ()
Date: March 03, 2019 07:29AM

Mike huntt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow you really fucking stupid. You must be a
> nigger


Nigger dindu nuffin

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: When I was a kid ()
Date: March 03, 2019 02:55PM

I put my sister's Barbie dolls in the toaster over, and melted them. Confronted by my parents, I explained that GI Joe did it. When they demanded to know why GI Joe did it, I said 'Because they were Jews'.

They reemed me out, and said I'd have to pay for new dolls, but after they sent me to my room in disgrace, I could hear BOTH of them snickering.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: tooth the fire-eater ()
Date: March 03, 2019 03:11PM

they are for toasting and heating small batches of frozen foods. Fries, chix nuggets, tater tots, mini quiches from costco. As far as actual 'cooking' forget it. These are not meant to cook anything that produces grease spatter or drippings. if you do that disgusting and dangerous.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: f that ()
Date: March 03, 2019 03:43PM

tooth the fire-eater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> they are for toasting and heating small batches of
> frozen foods. Fries, chix nuggets, tater tots,
> mini quiches from costco. As far as actual
> 'cooking' forget it. These are not meant to cook
> anything that produces grease spatter or
> drippings. if you do that disgusting and
> dangerous.


I roast chicken thighs, pork chops, game hens and stuff like that all the time in my toaster oven. It cleans up nicely with easy off oven cleaner. In my case though I don't have a full size oven here in my parents basement.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: Be Prepared ()
Date: March 03, 2019 03:54PM

Make sure you have a properly rated fire extinguisher near by. When a toaster oven catches fire, it goes up FAST.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: Dunkin employee ()
Date: August 31, 2019 02:16PM

f that Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> tooth the fire-eater Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > they are for toasting and heating small batches
> of
> > frozen foods. Fries, chix nuggets, tater tots,
> > mini quiches from costco. As far as actual
> > 'cooking' forget it. These are not meant to
> cook
> > anything that produces grease spatter or
> > drippings. if you do that disgusting and
> > dangerous.
>
>
> I roast chicken thighs, pork chops, game hens and
> stuff like that all the time in my toaster oven.
> It cleans up nicely with easy off oven cleaner. In
> my case though I don't have a full size oven here
> in my parents basement.


I hear you bro. In my Dads basement I have only one 15 amp circuit. When I cook in the toaster oven or use the microwave I have to unplug the refrigerator. It sucks but I pay no rent, just have to do the yardwork and take out trash.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: Dune Koon ()
Date: February 06, 2020 05:05PM

I have a 6 slice toaster oven with a rotisserie. Cooks goat Kabobs perfectly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: Trump Stumped the Chumps . ()
Date: February 06, 2020 05:44PM

I have a toaster oven in my parent's basement. Use it every day to bake a Celeste Pizza.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: mushroom n cheese ()
Date: February 07, 2020 04:47AM

Trump Stumped the Chumps . Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a toaster oven in my parent's basement. Use
> it every day to bake a Celeste Pizza

That is a lovely story and you tell it so well with such enthusiasm.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: centreville jim ()
Date: February 08, 2020 10:40AM

My regular oven died a few years ago but three of the burners on top work fine. I got a big 8 slice toaster oven and it works great. I have cooked whole chickens in it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: mister loving. ()
Date: February 08, 2020 03:37PM

centreville jim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My regular oven died a few years ago but three of
> the burners on top work fine. I got a big 8 slice
> toaster oven and it works great. I have cooked
> whole chickens in it.

That is pretty ghetto. Get a new oven from Montgomery Wards and finance it if you have to. Damn.
https://www.wards.com/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: damnnnnn ()
Date: May 15, 2020 10:54AM

centreville jim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My regular oven died a few years ago but three of
> the burners on top work fine. I got a big 8 slice
> toaster oven and it works great. I have cooked
> whole chickens in it.

Damnnnn

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: bare mattress. ()
Date: May 15, 2020 03:15PM

Do you ever sleep on a bare mattress with no sheets?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: Fucking Cook ()
Date: September 14, 2020 05:00PM

I cook the fuck out of everything in my 6 slice toaster oven. I cook fucking steak fucking chicken fucking pork chops all that shit fucking cooks good as fuck in there. I even bake fucking cornbread in that bitch and I bake the fuck out of some fucking potatoes and they come out good as fuck. Never cook bacon in the fucking toaster oven though cause the grease catches right on fucking fire. Cook fucking bacon on a campstove in the fucking driveway if you have to.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: Gay Gus ()
Date: September 14, 2020 05:41PM

Fucking Cook Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I cook the fuck out of everything in my 6 slice
> toaster oven. I cook fucking steak fucking chicken
> fucking pork chops all that shit fucking cooks
> good as fuck in there. I even bake fucking
> cornbread in that bitch and I bake the fuck out of
> some fucking potatoes and they come out good as
> fuck. Never cook bacon in the fucking toaster oven
> though cause the grease catches right on fucking
> fire. Cook fucking bacon on a campstove in the
> fucking driveway if you have to.

Would you suck me off in the toaster oven?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: gerry not signed in ()
Date: September 14, 2020 05:51PM

Gus, I would suck you dry anywhere sweeetie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: em effer ()
Date: September 15, 2020 06:59AM

Fucking Cook Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I cook the fuck out of everything in my 6 slice
> toaster oven. I cook fucking steak fucking chicken
> fucking pork chops all that shit fucking cooks
> good as fuck in there. I even bake fucking
> cornbread in that bitch and I bake the fuck out of
> some fucking potatoes and they come out good as
> fuck. Never cook bacon in the fucking toaster oven
> though cause the grease catches right on fucking
> fire. Cook fucking bacon on a campstove in the
> fucking driveway if you have to.


Fuck!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: Sal Gubernale ()
Date: September 15, 2020 09:49AM

Useful toaster oven cooking instruction from Sal.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvWtajhrGzwxl5g9lBWI4QQ

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: DAYJAX ()
Date: September 15, 2020 10:37AM

I took the doors off two 8 slice toaster
ovens and attached some sturdy metal hooks and now after I insert my pork shoulder, rack of ribs or large brisket I bungee the two toaster ovens together to form one large oven. Hell, I've even cooked 12 pound country hams and 15 pound turkeys.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you use a toaster oven?
Posted by: melting point of rubber ()
Date: September 15, 2020 01:25PM

DAYJAX Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I took the doors off two 8 slice toaster
> ovens and attached some sturdy metal hooks and now
> after I insert my pork shoulder, rack of ribs or
> large brisket I bungee the two toaster ovens
> together to form one large oven. Hell, I've even
> cooked 12 pound country hams and 15 pound turkeys.

dont the bungee cords melt??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **        **    **  ********   **     **  ********  
 **         **  **   **     **  **     **  **     ** 
 **          ****    **     **  **     **  **     ** 
 **           **     ********   **     **  ********  
 **           **     **         **     **  **     ** 
 **           **     **         **     **  **     ** 
 ********     **     **          *******   ********  
This forum powered by Phorum.