HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
i do not believe in global warming anymore
Posted by: truth b told ()
Date: February 10, 2010 10:01AM

I do not believe in "global warming" anymore.

the "climategate" emails, the lies from al gore, the thousands of "silenced" scientists, the conflicting data from around the world, the corruption of the IPCC, the plan to TAX us because of global warming (cap n' trade, anybody), and the list goes on...

I was raised to believe that the world was warming. It's not just this season, or last, but really, the issue is too complex to say "it's global warming and carbon dioxide is doing the damage!".

sorry. i just don't buy it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i do not believe in global warming anymore
Date: February 10, 2010 10:05AM

I have had my doubts in recent years. And the situations you cite certainly don't help. But at the same time, there are lots of smart scientists saying the same thing. I think in 10 years, if sea levels do rise to the point where populated areas start to suffer, we will have a definitive and undeniable answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: February 10, 2010 10:27AM

I don't see how it matters. Whether you believe in global climate change or not, you can't deny that humans are having a negative impact on the environment. So how can saving energy, reducing pollution, and reducing waste be a bad thing?

Posted by: Tin Whiskers ()
Date: February 10, 2010 10:30AM

Exaggeration and alarmism have been a chronic weakness of environmentalism since it became an organized movement in the 1960s. Every ecological problem was instantly transformed into a potential world-ending crisis, from the population bomb to the imminent resource depletion of the “limits to growth” fad of the 1970s to acid rain to ozone depletion, always with an overlay of moral condemnation of anyone who dissented from environmental correctness. With global warming, the environmental movement thought it had hit the jackpot — a crisis sufficiently long-range that it could not be falsified and broad enough to justify massive political controls on resource use at a global level. Former Colorado senator Tim Wirth was unusually candid when he remarked in the early days of the climate campaign that “we’ve got to ride the global-warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing — in terms of economic policy and environmental policy.” (Not surprisingly, after Wirth left the Senate and the Clinton administration he ended up at the United Nations.)

The global-warming thrill ride looks to be coming to an end, undone by the same politically motivated serial exaggeration and moral preening that discredited previous apocalypses. On the heels of the East Anglia University “Climategate” scandal have come a series of embarrassing retractions from the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) regarding some of the most loudly trumpeted signs and wonders of global warming, such as the ludicrous claim that Himalayan glaciers would disappear within 30 years, that nearly half of the Amazon jungle was at imminent risk of destruction from a warming planet, and that there was a clear linkage between climate change and weather-related economic losses. The sources for these claims turned out to be environmental advocacy groups — not rigorous, peer-reviewed science.

To be sure, these revelations do not in and of themselves mean that the idea of anthropogenic global warming is false. But this is probably the beginning of a wholesale revision of the conventional wisdom on climate change. One of the central issues of Climategate — the veracity and integrity of the surface-temperature records used for our estimates of warming over the last few decades — is far from resolved. The next frontier is likely to be a fresh debate about basic climate sensitivity itself. There have been several recent peer-reviewed papers suggesting much lower climate sensitivity to greenhouse gases than the IPCC “consensus” computer models predict. And alternative explanations for observed climate change in the Arctic and elsewhere, such as shifts in ocean currents and wind patterns, should receive a second look.

Dissenters who pointed out these and other flaws in the IPCC consensus were demonized as deniers and ignored by the media, but they are now vindicated. (The American media are still averting their gaze, though the British press — even the left-wing Guardian and the Independent — is turning on the climate campaigners with deserved vengeance.) The IPCC is mumbling about non-specific reforms and changes in the process shaping its next massive climate report, due out in three or four years. The IPCC should emulate a typical feature of American government commissions and include a minority report from dissenters or scientists with a different emphasis. But the next IPCC report may not matter much: With the collapse of the Kyoto-Copenhagen process and the likely rejection of cap-and-trade in Congress, climate mania may have run its course.

Date: February 10, 2010 10:33AM

Whatever you believe about climate change, the fact is "cap and trade," a) won't reduce CO2 emissions, b) will be ripe to be exploited and corrupted, and c) will cost American jobs.

I am for responsible stewardship of the environment. But "cap and trade" is an expensive and irresponsible joke.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: February 10, 2010 10:38AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Whatever you believe about climate change, the
> fact is "cap and trade," a) won't reduce CO2
> emissions, b) will be ripe to be exploited and
> corrupted, and c) will cost American jobs.
>
> I am for responsible stewardship of the
> environment. But "cap and trade" is an expensive
> and irresponsible joke.

I agree. I also believe that countries shouldn't be forced or coerced into signing environmental agreements. They shouldn't need to be. It's in the best interest of each nation, and the people to clean up after itself. If not, they will simply start dying off from disease and cancer.

Posted by: Steve Wilhite(1) ()
Date: February 10, 2010 10:38AM

You are absolutely correct about cap and trade! It's just another way to separate fools from their money.

Date: February 10, 2010 10:40AM

Steve Wilhite(1) Wrote:
> You are absolutely correct about cap and trade!
> It's just another way to separate fools from their
> money.

It's a fake market with no intrinsic value. It's an artificially created Tulip Bulb market. It will implode under its own weight and will accomplish nothing except to destroy the value of 401Ks while enriching the most corrupt bastards out there.

Posted by: Pancks(1) ()
Date: February 10, 2010 10:44AM

Like Al Gore and the oil companies. Al Gore, who made a fortune off of Occidental Petroleum stock.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: February 10, 2010 11:09AM

Tin Whiskers Wrote:
>
> Exaggeration and alarmism have been a chronic

You mean like the fuckheads who flood the forum with anti-climate change threads? You people act much loonier than the Al Gore fans.

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: February 10, 2010 11:25AM

There is climate change, the fact that this area is seeing such record breaking snowfall should tell you that.

Global warming is a poor term for the change in the Earth's temperature, but if you don't believe it, fine. On the other hand, what if it's true? Would it really kill you to try to live greener? (God I hate that term)

Maybe the change isn't our fault, maybe it's just the natural course of the earth (not that such a quick change has ever been seen before) but living cleaner and causing less emissions seems like an intelligent way to keep the planet clean and keep humans healthier longer.

Posted by: Hey ()
Date: February 10, 2010 11:27AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> You mean like the fuckheads who flood the forum
> with anti-climate change threads? You people act
> much loonier than the Al Gore fans.

It's in the news, jackass.

After having this Global Warming/Climate Change shit shoved down our collective throats for the past decade, the dam has finally broken, and the corruption and distortion undergirding the supposedly "settled" science have been revealed.

Since the CRU whistleblower leak, there have been 2-3 major revelations per month of scandalously bad science and/or financial corruption among the major AGW players.

This is not window-tinting

This is not who's the best drunk-driving lawyer.

This is BIG -- bigger than FIOS, even.

To wit: an expose of the biggest scientific scandal in modern times.

And STILL there are jackasses like you on board the AGW bandwagon, as the wheels are falling off and it's crashing into the ditch.

You, sir, are the fuckhead.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: February 10, 2010 11:58AM

truth b told Wrote:

>
> I was raised to believe that the world was
> warming. It's not just this season, or last, but
> really, the issue is too complex to say "it's
> global warming and carbon dioxide is doing the
> damage!".
>
Attachments:
yutian-pollution.jpg
china-pollution.jpg
China_Pollution.jpg

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: February 10, 2010 12:02PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> Tin Whiskers Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > Exaggeration and alarmism have been a chronic
>
> You mean like the fuckheads who flood the forum
> with anti-climate change threads? You people act
> much loonier than the Al Gore fans.

Note - I tried to keep all my posts in the one Gravis made for posting new info. All the info I posted was generally from either the ICECAP site ( http://icecap.us/index.php ) or directly from Dr Roy Spencer's site - he is one of the folks that worked for NASA on climate issues ( http://www.drroyspencer.com/about/ ).

Pollution is BAD - CO2 is not pollution.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2010 12:03PM by Registered Voter.

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: February 10, 2010 12:15PM

>

More lies and over simplification of a very complex issue. The truth is that putting a price on carbon emmissions is part of a serious effort to reduce CO2 emmissions. Whether to price CO@ as part of a cap and trade strategy or just a tax on the carbon producers is a matter of opinion and preferance.

Cap and trade will reduce CO2 emmissions by allowing market based green technologies to be funded by carbon producers. It will also allow a funding mechanism to stop the deforestation of the amazon. The alternative is to collect the carbon tax into the government coffers where well intentioned civil servants will decide which green technologies to fund. Of course there are initiatives on Capitol Hill to not allow the EPA to regulate CO2 as a pollutant. The forces of "just say no" are applying their "free market fraud" philosophy to the environment.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Date: February 10, 2010 12:17PM

The statment CO2 is not a pollutant is designed to confue and divert attention from the fact that whether or not it is a pollutant...it is associated with the warming of the earth.

Date: February 10, 2010 12:18PM

truth b told Wrote:
> I do not believe in "global warming" anymore.
>
> the "climategate" emails, the lies from al gore,
> the thousands of "silenced" scientists, the
> conflicting data from around the world, the
> corruption of the IPCC, the plan to TAX us because
> of global warming (cap n' trade, anybody), and the
> list goes on...
>
> I was raised to believe that the world was
> warming. It's not just this season, or last, but
> really, the issue is too complex to say "it's
> global warming and carbon dioxide is doing the
> damage!".
>
> sorry. i just don't buy it.

Typical short sighted approach that AMericans take on everything. The attention span of the average American is 18 months....if a problems takes longer then that to fix...the problem doesnt exist!

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: February 10, 2010 01:46PM

Vince, while it would be nice if everyone went along with the green stuff the chinese pretty much will continuce to do as they want.

At the recent global conference they said everyone else is welcome to monitor each other for compliance but the chinese will monitor themselves with no outsiders. Which means they will continue to pollute and burn coal at an ever faster rate. They just dont care. Their bottom line is money.

While global warming is in debate, the chinese polluting the air and water is not. Their continued shipping of lead based paint products into other countries is an obvious sign they are giving the world the middle finger.

Date: February 10, 2010 02:16PM

Tim45 Wrote:
> Vince, while it would be nice if everyone went
> along with the green stuff the chinese pretty much
> will continuce to do as they want.
>
> At the recent global conference they said everyone
> else is welcome to monitor each other for
> compliance but the chinese will monitor themselves
> with no outsiders. Which means they will continue
> to pollute and burn coal at an ever faster rate.
> They just dont care. Their bottom line is money.
>
> While global warming is in debate, the chinese
> polluting the air and water is not. Their
> continued shipping of lead based paint products
> into other countries is an obvious sign they are
> giving the world the middle finger.

And none of that confirms or denies the existence of global warming or the need to do something about it. While the Chinese apparently are ignoring global warming..they are also investing in it's future. Tehy now lead in the production of photo-electric cells....a title we held 20 years ago. They not we have a long term strategy.

Posted by: Fox News Voter ()
Date: February 10, 2010 03:25PM

Registered Voter Wrote:

>
> Pollution is BAD - CO2 is not pollution.

Spot on. I just heard this on Fox News this morning. Obviously since there is snow on the ground we don't have global warming. Only faggots and retards believe in global warming.

Posted by: Imagine That ()
Date: February 10, 2010 03:26PM

Global Warming causes Global Cooling...

Source: The Day After Tomorrow (movie)

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: February 10, 2010 03:48PM

Tim45 Wrote:
> Vince, while it would be nice if everyone went
> along with the green stuff the chinese pretty much
> will continuce to do as they want.
>
> At the recent global conference they said everyone
> else is welcome to monitor each other for
> compliance but the chinese will monitor themselves
> with no outsiders. Which means they will continue
> to pollute and burn coal at an ever faster rate.
> They just dont care. Their bottom line is money.
>
> While global warming is in debate, the chinese
> polluting the air and water is not. Their
> continued shipping of lead based paint products
> into other countries is an obvious sign they are
> giving the world the middle finger.

The Chinese will own part of everything pretty soon. The US will continue to NOT have an industrial base as long as we continue to ignore the fact that the costs to manufacture in the US are too high due to labor costs, and other pricing factors. It doesn't matter what "industry" we want to go into, the Chinese will continue to take our ideas or concepts and manufacturer them less expensively to dump on the rest of the world. They accuse us of dumping chicken meat on their markets and then raise prices with large tariffs - in the meantime they are doing it on a massive scale in almost all other industries.

The problem of course is that the government will be tempted to "fix" the problem by setting tariffs on goods coming in to the US to try and make it more cost effective for folks to start doing business again in the US. Right now with the Yuan undervalued that also hurts us - but if the Yuan were to actually be allowed to move to a more natural value, it would set off a large inflation spike in the costs of Chinese goods. Not sure there is any good answer on that front without a lot of pain somewhere along the way.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Posted by: Panda bear ()
Date: February 10, 2010 03:58PM

An interesting analysis of the possible shakiness of the Chinese economy, by an economics professor at Peking University.

http://mpettis.com/2010/02/never-short-a-country-with-2-trillion-in-reserves/

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: February 11, 2010 05:34PM

Genevieve Wrote:
> I don't see how it matters. Whether you believe in
> global climate change or not, you can't deny that
> humans are having a negative impact on the
> environment. So how can saving energy, reducing
> pollution, and reducing waste be a bad thing?

which only backs my point that everyone who believes in global warming should not have kids. future generations of humans will only consume more and more resources. if you arent willing to make a sacrifice for me then why should i make one for you? bullshit i say, BULLSHIT. :P

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: February 11, 2010 06:00PM

Gravis Wrote:
> which only backs my point that everyone who
> believes in global warming should not have kids.
> future generations of humans will only consume
> more and more resources. if you arent willing to
> make a sacrifice for me then why should i make one
> for you? bullshit i say, BULLSHIT. :P

That's actually one of the most compelling arguments on the subject I've ever heard.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: Citizen ()
Date: February 11, 2010 06:19PM

Gravis Wrote:
> if you arent willing to make a sacrifice for me then why
> should i make one for you? bullshit i say, BULLSHIT.

Attachments:
greed-web-lg.jpg

Date: February 11, 2010 06:36PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> Gravis Wrote:
> -----
> > which only backs my point that everyone who
> > believes in global warming should not have kids.
>
> > future generations of humans will only consume
> > more and more resources. if you arent willing
> to
> > make a sacrifice for me then why should i make
> one
> > for you? bullshit i say, BULLSHIT. :P
>
> That's actually one of the most compelling
> arguments on the subject I've ever heard.

his mother shouldve led the way! Its a bullshit argument..once again republikans want to get between a females reproductive rights and her doctor. Move to China you fuck heads!

Date: February 11, 2010 06:39PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Tim45 Wrote:
> -----
> > Vince, while it would be nice if everyone went
> > along with the green stuff the chinese pretty
> much
> > will continuce to do as they want.
> >
> > At the recent global conference they said
> everyone
> > else is welcome to monitor each other for
> > compliance but the chinese will monitor
> themselves
> > with no outsiders. Which means they will
> continue
> > to pollute and burn coal at an ever faster
> rate.
> > They just dont care. Their bottom line is
> money.
> >
> > While global warming is in debate, the chinese
> > polluting the air and water is not. Their
> > continued shipping of lead based paint products
> > into other countries is an obvious sign they
> are
> > giving the world the middle finger.
>
> The Chinese will own part of everything pretty
> soon. The US will continue to NOT have an
> industrial base as long as we continue to ignore
> the fact that the costs to manufacture in the US
> are too high due to labor costs, and other pricing
> factors. It doesn't matter what "industry" we want
> to go into, the Chinese will continue to take our
> ideas or concepts and manufacturer them less
> expensively to dump on the rest of the world. They
> accuse us of dumping chicken meat on their markets
> and then raise prices with large tariffs - in the
> meantime they are doing it on a massive scale in
> almost all other industries.
>
> The problem of course is that the government will
> be tempted to "fix" the problem by setting tariffs
> on goods coming in to the US to try and make it
> more cost effective for folks to start doing
> business again in the US. Right now with the Yuan
> undervalued that also hurts us - but if the Yuan
> were to actually be allowed to move to a more
> natural value, it would set off a large inflation
> spike in the costs of Chinese goods. Not sure
> there is any good answer on that front without a
> lot of pain somewhere along the way.

And I want to ask all you fascist fuck heads...who in the US is going to work for $15 per day? ALLLLL labors fault! What a cheap fucking excuse!

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: February 11, 2010 07:36PM

Genevieve Wrote:
> I don't see how it matters. Whether you believe in
> global climate change or not, you can't deny that
> humans are having a negative impact on the
> environment. So how can saving energy, reducing
> pollution, and reducing waste be a bad thing?

Humans are also having a positive impact on the environment. What about those "evil" humans who created National Parks, who studied dying species so as to prevent their demise, who cured illnesses in wildlife, or who managed to care for sick, starving animals? Without humans around, many of nature's wonders could have very easily disappeared, when instead they rebounded!

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: February 11, 2010 07:39PM

>

+1, I completely agree.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.