HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Worst Political Ad Ever
Date: February 05, 2010 08:49PM

Carly Fiorina needs to fire anyone associated with this ridiculous ad. Then she needs to fire herself for approving it...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Worst Political Ad Ever
Posted by: Wilmadickfit ()
Date: February 05, 2010 08:50PM

I am Carly Fiorina and I like lamb chops.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: February 05, 2010 08:54PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Carly Fiorina needs to fire anyone associated with
> this ridiculous ad. Then she needs to fire herself
> for approving it...
>

The ad is hilarious by itself, but in today's PC environment, I'm surprised anyone thought this ad would be acceptable.

BTW, I love demon sheep.
Attachments:
BlackSheep2.jpg

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: February 05, 2010 09:30PM

I saw this ad a few days ago and it bothered me on several layers.

For one, they are basically saying we're all sheep, which is an insult right off the bat, but her opponent is really a wolf in sheep's clothes. I guess she wants us to rest easy when/if she becomes our new sheep herder leading us headstrong to the slaughterhouse.

Also, the demonic red and glowing eyes seem to symbolize a high degree of evil, which is probably true but nevertheless a very unorthodox way of campaigning. What is she really saying here?

It will be very interesting to see if this strategy works in the election. Sounds to me like folks in Cali are fucked either way.
Attachments:
pinkfloyd-animals.jpg

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: February 05, 2010 09:37PM

Numbers Wrote:

>
> For one, they are basically saying we're all
> sheep, which is an insult right off the bat, but
> her opponent is really a wolf in sheep's clothes.
> I guess she wants us to rest easy when/if she
> becomes our new sheep herder leading us headstrong
> to the slaughterhouse.
>

We are all sheep. The only way NOT to be part of the herd is to buy Apple products and shop at Trader Joe's. Get rid of your GAP clothes and shop at Urban Outfitters. Only then will you be unique.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: February 05, 2010 10:49PM

Now I'm going to listen to Pink Floyd's "Animals"

Thanks Numbers

It's really David Gilmore's best guitar work.

(i wish i had pot)

Posted by: Stranger than fiction ()
Date: February 05, 2010 10:52PM

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: February 05, 2010 11:15PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> Now I'm going to listen to Pink Floyd's "Animals"
>
>
> Thanks Numbers
>
> It's really David Gilmore's best guitar work.
>
> (i wish i had pot)

I kept thinking the guy playing the wolf in the ad would start bleeting and babbling on fall on their necks with a scream.
Then wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity and into the dream.

Posted by: BillyTheKidd ()
Date: February 06, 2010 02:46PM

Yo meeper get a life and stop gossiping. BillyTheKidd would love to meet you for coffee and to discuss the legality of the forum...... BTW i know who you are and where you are. email me the750rocket@yahoo.com Thanks :)

Posted by: Michelle ()
Date: February 06, 2010 04:58PM

BillyTheKidd Wrote:
> Yo meeper get a life and stop gossiping.
> BillyTheKidd would love to meet you for coffee and
> to discuss the legality of the forum...... BTW i
> know who you are and where you are. email me
> the750rocket@yahoo.com Thanks :)

Does it give you a pwner by being a pwnmo?

Posted by: Kurtz ()
Date: February 06, 2010 06:23PM

Incumbent Roy Barnes was heavily favored to win the 2002 Georgia gubernatorial
election, and outspent Perdue 7 to 1. On November 5, 2002, Georgia elects Sonny
Perdue as its first Republican governor since 1872.

Fiorina's 'demon sheep' creator speaks
LA Times, Political blog
February 5, 2010 | 6:52 am

Fred Davis -- the man who introduced vermin, Paris Hilton, bad hair and now demonic mutton into our political discourse -- is a bit taken aback by the reaction to his latest creation.

“More sheep in my day than I was expecting,” he said after sorting through messages from reporters across the country, all of them wanting to talk about the online video -- an instant cult classic -- he created for Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Carly Fiorina. “You certainly never know what’s going to catch on.”

To recap, the spot assails rival Tom Campbell as a profligate wolf in fiscal-conservative-sheep clothing. (Yes, that’s a tortured description, but the three-minute, 21-second production must be seen to be appreciated. Somewhere Monty Python is chortling. Or not.)

Much of the response has been of the what-were-they-thinking variety, though Davis says, by his estimation, the reviews have been split 50-50. Regardless, he notes that plenty of people are talking about the ad, which has been broadcast nationally on cable TV and viewed on YouTube nearly 150,000 times.

“My goal is to get things noticed,” he said. “The best you can hope for is water cooler talk. People are blasting it as the most insane ad ever. Others are calling it a stroke of genius. If, when the furor dies down, they simply remember they should maybe question whether Tom Campbell is telling them the truth, then it will have been a success.”

Davis, who has the commendable habit of not taking himself too seriously, operates with the instincts of a political guerrilla (think Abbie Hoffman, not Che Guevara), often wielding humor as his weapon of choice.

He was the man behind the flashbulb-popping 2008 ad comparing celebrity-candidate Barack Obama to Paris Hilton. (It was the most effective John McCain spot of the campaign, as Team Obama grudgingly conceded.) More recently, he created a loopy ad for Andy McKenna, a GOP candidate for Illinois governor, placing the luxuriant mane of the disgraced Rod Blagojevich on men, women, children and even the Capitol dome in Springfield. (McKenna finished third in Tuesday’s primary.)

But the closest comparison to the Fiorina spot -- in both its feral audacity and the response -- is the infamous commercial that Davis created in the 2002 Georgia governor’s race for a little-known, underfunded farmer named Sonny Perdue. The ad showed a giant rat -- with a gold crown and bling spelling “King Roy” -- marauding Godzilla-like across the Georgia countryside and scaling the state Capitol.

A “shameful display of bad judgment”… “sad and disappointing,” said Gov. Roy Barnes’ campaign manager. Others denounced the spot as just plain weird, which it was.

Still…

“Last I checked, Sonny Perdue was governor of Georgia,” Davis said.

So the latest barrage of ridicule concerns him not at all.

“When you’re in a state where it costs $5 million to run a 30-second ad statewide… you have to think differently. You have to think outside the box,” Davis said. “It’s tough to get the attention of people in California. This has caught the attention of people across the country.”

For the record, the role of the stealth sheep was placed by a nameless crew member. “Not a professional sheep impersonator,” Davis said, “or anything like that.”

In fact, the auteur in him practically apologized for the low-budget production.

“The rat costume cost about $20,000” Davis said, sounding almost wistful. “This one probably cost $200.”

Posted by: Michelle ()
Date: February 06, 2010 06:44PM

Lambchops underwear, a special pair that you can wear from fruit of the loom.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.