HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Cox
Posted by: Shaun ()
Date: December 06, 2018 03:56PM

I live in an apartment building with very limited Fios capabilities. And Verizon always takes a couple days to send someone when the Internet goes out. I'm thinking of switching to Cox. But their prices and advertised speeds suck. Does anyone use Cox? If so, what actual up/down speeds are you getting (https://www.speedtest.net)? How often does your Internet go out? How often does a technician have to come out to resolve the issue when the Internet's down? How long does it take for Cox to send a tech?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cox
Posted by: Gerrymandoerer2 ()
Date: December 06, 2018 04:10PM

I love cocks.

Posted by: not helpful but ()
Date: December 06, 2018 04:34PM

Fios has far superior service to Cox, customer service for both suck.

Posted by: euyhl ()
Date: December 06, 2018 09:16PM

TROLL POST.

#1 FIOS is as fast / faster than COX (perhaps they use the same wire now adays)

#2 anyone who lives in an apartment knows damn well their illegal alien building manager is a cock roach who continually has things breaking so he can fix

#3 i guarantee you the COX nigger, if you take your eye off him for 15 sec, will be reaching into stuff to find something to steal. so will the fios nigga.

Posted by: Cox convert ()
Date: December 06, 2018 10:00PM

We were with Fios for about 10 years. They always increased prices and my monthly bill woul end up $220+/ month with speeds of 50/50 and a mid grade package for channels.

Switched to Cox and are about $185/ month with all Channels included. Speed test posted. The picture ultra high definition with Cox and is much better than we ever had with Fios. We’ve never lost service with either Fios or Cox.

We are much happier with Cox than we ever were with Fios.
Attachments:
F36F9417-8977-423A-875B-A5A3703E113B.png

Posted by: you're getting ripped! ()
Date: December 06, 2018 10:42PM

What a shitty upload speed! I get 300/300 with verizon for $75 a month. No cable, just sling and roku which I'm happy with.

Posted by: In The Know 4 U ()
Date: December 06, 2018 10:58PM

I was paying Cox $79.99 up until a few weeks ago for the following speeds. I switched to Verizon VIOS for $39.99 a month (for the first year) and then $54.99 a month after than for 100 down / 100 up - according to my speed tests.

Cox tried to counter to keep me, but still was more than FIOS. Glad I made the move. Out of 2+ years with Cox, I only had a few (small) outages that were resolved relatively quickly - and a technician didn't have to come out.
Attachments:
InkedCox Testing Using Cox Internet_LI.jpg
InkedCox Test Using Verizon FIOS_LI.jpg

Posted by: T7hvu ()
Date: December 06, 2018 11:54PM

Switched to cox, just sad to lose weather channel.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.