HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
SSN Inflation
Posted by: Old Phart ()
Date: January 25, 2010 10:55AM

Most of you young whipper snappers are probably unaware that every year Social Security payments are adjusted to account for inflation.

The particular inlfation index used to determine the cost-of-living index is at this web site...

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/STATS/cpiw.html

Basically what they do is take the index number for the months July-Sept average it and then compare that number to the previous year. Adjustments are only up..never down. Well if you look at the last July-Sept period and compare it to the previous years you actually see that for the first time in history it actually went down...therefor no adjustment up this year. For your info, the preivious year there was a near 6% increase because of the price in fuel that spiked during that period.

Bottomline for CY 10...SSN recipients were due no CPI adjustment. Of course all those old folks didnt like that...if there's one thing more then burdening our grandchildren with debt that we hate, is not getting a CPI adjustment. After all..it's only right. Well...I am happy to tell you all that in one of the few bi-partisan bills passed gave us SSN benificaries $250 this year. A pitance compared to what we deseerve.

Now...now..just to let you know that this oney wasnt wasted (at least in my case)...I donated my $250 to worthy causes.

$100 to help Haiti...after seeing all thise wonderful movie stars take their time to sing and take telephone calls..well, I just had to show my support.

$100 to Planned Parenthood...after all abortions should be free to all.

$50 to the American Civil Liberties Union...I know all of you suppor the Constitution...inits most literal interpreatation..and there is no organization with a longer tradition then the ACLU in defending those rights.

God bless you all! And have a nice day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SSN Inflation
Posted by: Old Phart ()
Date: January 25, 2010 11:03AM

I forgot to mention that young men I meet at the ACLU are absolutely divine. We "frolic" and "play" all day. Yes, my retirement is splendid. I love being a gay retired Dem in '10!

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: January 25, 2010 11:16AM

Given the deflation in 2009 I'm surprised you are complaining about getting any increase at all. If anything the payments should have decreased. On what basis do you believe you "deseerve" more?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2010 11:16AM by pgens.

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: January 25, 2010 11:33AM

pgens Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Given the deflation in 2009 I'm surprised you are
> complaining about getting any increase at all. If
> anything the payments should have decreased. On
> what basis do you believe you "deseerve" more?

You'd think so wouldnt you! The old in this country are interested in the government supporting themselves..everyone else can go to hell! When you hear them complain about the deficit...remind them of their $250 bribe.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2010 11:33AM by Vince(1).

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.