HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I Like MY ABC Stores
Posted by: Tea Pot Dome ()
Date: January 24, 2010 05:11PM

The proposal to sell VA ABC stores is a bad idea. The proposal is based on morte then divesting the state of ABC stores...it's success is dependent on the sale of additional licenses and the increased sale of liqour based on the idea that some how VA ABC stores do not take advantage of the latest trends and tastes of the liqour drinking community.

When was the last time you were in a very busy ABC store? Everytime Ive been in a store im usually the only one there....or maybe one other person.

So where is the demand for all these new stores? I doubt very many will be in Fairfax County...oh wait, maybe close to GMU and every other uciversity/college in the state I am sure there is great demand for liqour. Historically, liqour stores are popular in lower income areas...so I guess we can expect to see more stores in already financially challenged areas.

And what will be the effect of all these increased sales? Obviously an increase in drunk driving and an increase in auto accidents. So. VA residents..what is it..more taxes or more highway deaths due to drunk driving?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I Like MY ABC Stores
Posted by: $200 million net worth ()
Date: January 24, 2010 05:16PM

Are you saying I'll have to go to Manassas to get booze?

Re: I Like MY ABC Stores
Posted by: DAAK ()
Date: January 24, 2010 07:57PM

Liquor laws in this area are completely ridiculous. You have to be a complete moron to believe that state run stores are somehow reducing drunk driving.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.