HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Democrats Nationwide Breathe A Sigh Of Relief
Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: January 20, 2010 12:27AM

Now that Brown won, I predict Senate/House Democrats will fall all over themselves to stop any talk of the health care bill because it's "dead in the water". What they all really want to do is stop the health care bill talk to save their own necks from voter rage in November.

Oh, and I predict all the "tea bagger" jokes will suddenly disappear from the Democratic talking points. Let's see how many Democrats will still have the balls to keep that bullshit up now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Democrats Nationwide Breathe A Sigh Of Relief
Posted by: has to pass ()
Date: January 20, 2010 12:43AM

trogdor! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now that Brown won, I predict Senate/House
> Democrats will fall all over themselves to stop
> any talk of the health care bill because it's
> "dead in the water". What they all really want to
> do is stop the health care bill talk to save their
> own necks from voter rage in November.
>
> Oh, and I predict all the "tea bagger" jokes will
> suddenly disappear from the Democratic talking
> points. Let's see how many Democrats will still
> have the balls to keep that bullshit up now.

Failing to pass ANY healthcare will be viewed as a defeat for a sitting President. SOMETHING has to make its way through or Obama might as well start looking for a new job and place to live in 2012. Rahm Emanuel is too shrewd to let this setback stand in the President's way.

Posted by: Steve Wilhite(1) ()
Date: January 20, 2010 06:04AM

A big +1!

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: January 20, 2010 06:28AM

has to pass Wrote:

> Failing to pass ANY healthcare will be viewed as a
> defeat for a sitting President. SOMETHING has to
> make its way through or Obama might as well start
> looking for a new job and place to live in 2012.
> Rahm Emanuel is too shrewd to let this setback
> stand in the President's way.

Come hell or high water, I'm sure they'll find a way to ram it down America's throat. After all, it's a perfect time to put a dagger in the heart of the nation when they have this 2 year window of control to do it.

Date: January 20, 2010 09:08AM

trogdor! Wrote:
> Now that Brown won, I predict Senate/House
> Democrats will fall all over themselves to stop
> any talk of the health care bill because it's
> "dead in the water". What they all really want to
> do is stop the health care bill talk to save their
> own necks from voter rage in November.
>
> Oh, and I predict all the "tea bagger" jokes will
> suddenly disappear from the Democratic talking
> points. Let's see how many Democrats will still
> have the balls to keep that bullshit up now.

The "tea bagger" candidate lost...big time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: January 20, 2010 09:09AM

Teabaggers are the dumbest pepole on the face of the earth. They are the ones that will be hurt themost by the draconian cuts that their movement will require. Think Obama's medicare cuts are bad! Just wait!

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: January 20, 2010 09:37AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:

> The "tea bagger" candidate lost...big time.

The Tea Party supported Scott Brown, who won.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2010/0119/Scott-Brown-the-tea-party-s-first-electoral-victory

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: January 20, 2010 09:47AM

Yeah, "Tea Bagger" is a popular term progressives use to paint pretty much all conservatives so the tea bagger definitely pulled off a 25+ point poll swing in just two or three weeks to take the seat. Whatever one's political persuasion, one has to admit that was quite a feat and a game-changer to boot.

I don't care what anyone says, I think this was way more a case of Red Sox fans telling the country they will not be messed with (accidents or ignorance will not matter in a public airing) more than any normal political reason. I honestly think that is what happened, pissed Boston fans paid back a perceived insult.

Date: January 20, 2010 10:12AM

trogdor! Wrote:
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
>
> > The "tea bagger" candidate lost...big time.
>
>
> The Tea Party supported Scott Brown, who won.
>
> http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2010/0
> 119/Scott-Brown-the-tea-party-s-first-electoral-vi
> ctory

Not according to "The Tea Party Candidates" website...

http://joekennedyforsenate.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: January 20, 2010 10:17AM

pgens Wrote:
> Yeah, "Tea Bagger" is a popular term progressives
> use to paint pretty much all conservatives so the
> tea bagger definitely pulled off a 25+ point poll
> swing in just two or three weeks to take the seat.
> Whatever one's political persuasion, one has to
> admit that was quite a feat and a game-changer to
> boot.
>
> I don't care what anyone says, I think this was
> way more a case of Red Sox fans telling the
> country they will not be messed with (accidents or
> ignorance will not matter in a public airing) more
> than any normal political reason. I honestly
> think that is what happened, pissed Boston fans
> paid back a perceived insult.

Brown played on the presumptive arrogance of Coakley, much like Obama played on Hillary's arrogance during the Presidential Campaign. The remarks she made only reinforced this perceived arrogance.

Yes, there is something afoot here. But I don't think it about ideology...at all. It's about a shitty economy and a President who is battling way too many fires.

When unemployment is low and the country is at peace, nobody gives a fuck about ideology. If McCain had won in November 2008, the same thing would be happening to him right now. It happened to Reagan in 82. It happened to Bush Sr. in 92.

Posted by: dissed ()
Date: January 20, 2010 10:38AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> Yes, there is something afoot here. But I don't
> think it about ideology...at all. It's about a
> shitty economy and a President who is battling way
> too many fires.

The problem is that the President ISN'T battling the right fires and is creating more than he is fighting. He isn't addressing jobs well enough at all. His solution was hold a fucking summit. Meanwhile, while unemployment is still going up, foreclosures are rising, he wants to start cap and trade and healthcare battles - neither of which are keeping people employed are in their homes. He is getting some piss poor advice.

Date: January 20, 2010 10:44AM

I should have changed my name to pissed, because as a Gay Republican, I like it when I get tinkled on.

Does everyone remember what happened the last time that we, the Republicans, were in charge and in power? Everything went to utter shit. And by shit, I mean fail.

Posted by: Mr. Sparkly Banana Pants ()
Date: January 20, 2010 10:45AM

uh...where I come from, tea baggers are totally different than what you folks are talking about:
Attachments:
tea-bag-1.jpg

Date: January 20, 2010 11:58AM

dissed Wrote:
> I should have changed my name to pissed, because
> as a Gay Republican, I like it when I get tinkled
> on.
>
> Does everyone remember what happened the last time
> that we, the Republicans, were in charge and in
> power? Everything went to utter shit. And by
> shit, I mean fail.

I am actually a Democrat and straight, but nice try troll. I am sure there is a men looking for men board on craigslist that would appeal to your kind. Anyway, back to my original point. I actually want Pres. Obama to succeed and I think he is not getting good advice. Apparently, Congressman Anthony Weiner agrees:

Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.), one of the leading advocates for health reform in the House, urged fellow Democrats to heed the message of Massachusetts and pivot toward creating jobs, perhaps with a health-care component added in.

"If there isn't any recognition that we got the message and we are trying to recalibrate and do things differently, we are not only going to risk looking ignorant but arrogant,” he said.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/31693.html#ixzz0dAkhCx1Z

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: January 20, 2010 12:11PM

Folks that want to act like this was just about Coakley are just deluding themselves. Let them keep believing it was "just her bad campaign" - just means they will lose even more seats. Seriously, if they can lose this seat in Massachusetts to Brown, then the MORE vulnerable seats are even more worrisome.

They can keep trying to paint these folks as dumb hicks. And when they keep losing they will not have to wonder why any longer - most people consider themselves "dumb hicks" (or the racial equivalent) at heart unless they started out in wealthy families, or attended high end "Ivy League" schools. Most people don't like to be talked down to, and most people don't think the government is supposed to act like "royalty" and tell them to go fuck themselves because they know better. It started under Bush, when people got on him for things like the Patriot Act, and the Administration (with Cheney's urging) took back authority for the Executive Office. Then Obama comes in preaching all this "change" and actually BUILDS on what Bush and Cheney were doing. It is no wonder the Independents are crying "heave ho". That and all this spending without end - they voted against Bush partly because of policies and partly because they felt he had been spending too much - now you have the Democrats acting like all they have to do is print money and all is well. At some point reality will set in - based on the comments I am seeing here it will be too late when it does. Hopefully we will end up with more independent minded politicians that can stand up and tell the party bosses to take a hike when they are asked to overtly compromise their principles. We can only hope.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Posted by: Patrick ()
Date: January 20, 2010 12:17PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> We can only hope.

Indeed.

HOPE Pictures, Images and Photos

Posted by: curious ()
Date: January 20, 2010 12:25PM

"Folks that want to act like this was just about Coakley are just deluding themselves."

I mean, do you really think that Massachusetts wouldn't have elected a Democrat if there was a better candidate? The fact is Coakley was not ready to win. She did run a bad campaign. She didn't establish what she wanted to do for the state of Mass.

80% of the state voted for Obama, and Obama's mission to create a national health insurance system.

The fact that Mass. already has a state-wide health insurance system makes Brown's election even more hypocritical. Brown has stated that, although he supports Mass.'s state health insurance system, he doesn't think that the nation deserves what Mass. already has. It is far easier to be against a large complicated piece of legislation than to support it. I'd like to see Scott Brown actually bring a contribution to the table, as a Republican, besides the typical NO! vote.

Scott Brown on Heath Care:
"I believe that all Americans deserve health care coverage, but I am opposed to the health care legislation that is under consideration in Congress and will vote against it. It will raise taxes, increase government spending and lower the quality of care, especially for elders on Medicare. I support strengthening the existing private market system with policies that will drive down costs and make it easier for people to purchase affordable insurance. In Massachusetts, I support the 2006 healthcare law that was successful in expanding coverage, but I also recognize that the state must now turn its attention to controlling costs."
http://www.brownforussenate.com/issues

Massachusetts will regret electing Brown to the Senate.

Posted by: yupper ()
Date: January 20, 2010 12:47PM

curious Wrote:
>
> Massachusetts will regret electing Brown to the
> Senate.

Not as much as the US regrets electing Obama.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that just 38% of voters nationwide favor the health care reform plan proposed by President Obama and congressional Democrats. That matches the lowest level of support yet. Fifty-six percent (56%) of voters oppose the plan.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 20, 2010 12:54PM

> I mean, do you really think that Massachusetts wouldn't have elected a Democrat if there was a better candidate?

This is a state that has been electing a far-left liberal like Ted Kennedy into office since the 1960's. Do people really think his electorate has suddenly shifted so far to the right they'd elect a Republican? 40+ years of voting for Kennedy, and now suddenly they're all card-carrying right wingers?

Gimme a break. She was a terrible candidate with a terrble campaign. If they would've ran someone at least likable, it would have been a shoe-in.

Date: January 20, 2010 12:57PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Folks that want to act like this was just about
> Coakley are just deluding themselves. Let them
> keep believing it was "just her bad campaign" -
> just means they will lose even more seats.
> Seriously, if they can lose this seat in
> Massachusetts to Brown, then the MORE vulnerable
> seats are even more worrisome.
>
> They can keep trying to paint these folks as dumb
> hicks. And when they keep losing they will not
> have to wonder why any longer - most people
> consider themselves "dumb hicks" (or the racial
> equivalent) at heart unless they started out in
> wealthy families, or attended high end "Ivy
> League" schools. Most people don't like to be
> talked down to, and most people don't think the
> government is supposed to act like "royalty" and
> tell them to go fuck themselves because they know
> better. It started under Bush, when people got on
> him for things like the Patriot Act, and the
> Administration (with Cheney's urging) took back
> authority for the Executive Office. Then Obama
> comes in preaching all this "change" and actually
> BUILDS on what Bush and Cheney were doing. It is
> no wonder the Independents are crying "heave ho".
> That and all this spending without end - they
> voted against Bush partly because of policies and
> partly because they felt he had been spending too
> much - now you have the Democrats acting like all
> they have to do is print money and all is well. At
> some point reality will set in - based on the
> comments I am seeing here it will be too late when
> it does. Hopefully we will end up with more
> independent minded politicians that can stand up
> and tell the party bosses to take a hike when they
> are asked to overtly compromise their principles.
> We can only hope.

"independent minded politicians"..I wonder if he's refering to the party of "just say no". They have one senator from Maine who thought independently and they just about threw a fit. I see no indication that this newest entry into the party of "no"..isnt anything more then the same.

Posted by: Donkey Blues ()
Date: January 20, 2010 12:59PM

Posted by: Wake Up Dems!!! ()
Date: January 20, 2010 01:02PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> > I mean, do you really think that Massachusetts
> wouldn't have elected a Democrat if there was a
> better candidate?
>
>
> This is a state that has been electing a far-left
> liberal like Ted Kennedy into office since the
> 1960's. Do people really think his electorate has
> suddenly shifted so far to the right they'd elect
> a Republican? 40+ years of voting for Kennedy,
> and now suddenly they're all card-carrying right
> wingers?

They are called independents who didn't mind the Kennedy bacon coming home along with his leadership spots. In MA they didn't see conservative or liberal with Teddy. He was like their Allstate. You're in good hands with Teddy.

> Gimme a break. She was a terrible candidate with
> a terrble campaign. If they would've ran someone
> at least likable, it would have been a shoe-in.

Keep using that excuse. She was terrible, no question about it, but to say that is the only reason she lost is extremely shortsighted. If you don't see any message being sent at all, be prepared to call a great many Democrats bad candidates come November. I hoping to God more Democrats get the message like Anthon Weiner.

Denial Pictures, Images and Photos

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: January 20, 2010 01:03PM

Wow they get those Hitler clips right out there now, don't they?

Date: January 20, 2010 01:05PM

More spin. The typical "No" vote. How original. Practiced heavily by the other party during the last 8 years - now they use it to try and paint it as if the Republicans just walked away from serious negotiations on health care and other topics. You all are so full of shit you can't even smell it any more.

There have been a lot of good ideas put forth on both sides of the health care issue. The ones that won out, you will see by a wide margin, are the ones favoring the special interests the Democrats favor at the moment. The only thing that derailed them to this point was that their anti-abortion folks were much more prevalent then people realized. But if single payer health care had won out, SEIU would have gotten a huge boon, as they are one of the largest health care unions in the country.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Date: January 20, 2010 01:13PM

Here, when I looked at Google News they had a link to this FOX article that summarizes all the excuses for you.

Excuses, Excuses: Democrats Dig Deep to Explain Loss in Massachusetts

Democrats are offering a wide variety of excuses to explain why a truck-driving, war-supporting, health care reform-opposing Republican will be sitting in "Ted Kennedy's seat" in the U.S. Senate.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/20/democrats-dig-excuses-bay-state-upset/

Why would Massachusetts want a Republican in a seat held by one of the most liberal Democrats that ever held office? Coakley could have been the worst candidate ever, and she still should have won. Someone needs to be asking a very serious question on how someone can take a 30 point lead and tank it - and I like in Brown's speech last night his joke about "...scrambling Air Force 1..." and yet they still lost.

This is getting to be a pattern by Obama - the Olympics, NJ, VA, Copenhagen... now Massachusetts. Maybe he should just stay home and deal with the issues next time.

Date: January 20, 2010 01:28PM

So indications are the Massachusetts liberals who are for a public option voted for Brown to send a message to Capitol Hill to get their shit straight...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/20/obama-backers-more-commit_n_429673.html

Date: January 20, 2010 01:35PM

Doubtful. But hey, the Huff is always a good outlet for some spin.

Posted by: get a life ()
Date: January 20, 2010 01:40PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Doubtful. But hey, the Huff is always a good
> outlet for some spin.

Scott Brown is a stupid fuckin' asshole. He's retarded.

Posted by: get a life ()
Date: January 20, 2010 01:51PM

Speaking of fuckin' assholes, I love doing that to other men. As a Democrat I naturally swing that way.

Posted by: Registurd Voter ()
Date: January 20, 2010 02:00PM

Hi Registered Voter,

It's me Registurd Voter, your fellow Republican brother. Are you dating anyone? I'd like to show you my stimulus package that you Republicans really enjoy. We can keep it on the down-low, of course, because that's how we Republicans do it. No one needs to know.

Discreetly,
Registurd Voter

Posted by: Gay Dem------^ ()
Date: January 20, 2010 02:11PM

That post was about as gay as you.

Date: January 20, 2010 02:42PM

Are you also a Gay Republican like me? Of course you are. Now that we've got introductions out of the way, do you happen to have a copy of the Scat Brown centerfold pic that you could post. That's the only reason why I voted for him.

Date: January 20, 2010 03:02PM

Your just showing how boring, wornout, unoriginal, not funny, retarded, & Lame you really are.

Date: January 20, 2010 04:05PM

Well, howdy there partner (get it? I said "partner!"). Look I don't care if you're gay like your name says. But the question we the people of FFXU have is why are you incognito? Is it because you're really a Republican?

That's got to be it. And please, next time, do without the little asterisks and arrows because, well, they make you look really gay.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: January 20, 2010 04:33PM

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Mass Backwards
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealth Care Crisis

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: January 20, 2010 05:18PM

Excellent piece by Jon Stewart....he never dissapoints. Someone in the democratic party needs to grow some balls..and not cow tail to the whims of the republican party. it seems to me only Pelosi has a pair big enough to do the job! Move over Kaine..move over Emanuel..you are all failures in promoting the progressive flag...move to the head of the line Ms Pelosi.

Posted by: Yeah but..... ()
Date: January 20, 2010 05:25PM

Arrows point at GAY DEMs that frequently masquerade as Republicans on this message board.

GAY•---------------------------------------->Registurd Voter

So actually they make you lQQk GAY.

Posted by: Ha Ha! ()
Date: January 20, 2010 05:27PM

Yes Ms Pelosi, your nuts are big enough.

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: January 20, 2010 05:29PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> Excellent piece by Jon Stewart....he never
> dissapoints. Someone in the democratic party
> needs to grow some balls..and not cow tail to the
> whims of the republican party. it seems to me
> only Pelosi has a pair big enough to do the job!
> Move over Kaine..move over Emanuel..you are all
> failures in promoting the progressive flag...move
> to the head of the line Ms Pelosi.

Vince her approval rating is at 34%, you may want to find someone else.

Date: January 20, 2010 05:41PM

Tim45 Wrote:
> Vince her approval rating is at 34%, you may want
> to find someone else.

Don't confuse him with facts. Facts are meaningless to Vince - it is just the Vince (Delusional) Reality, where everyone lives in a world called France, and you can use whatever recreational drug you desire to turn your brain into jello and qualify for euthanasia.

Posted by: Vins Faan ()
Date: January 20, 2010 05:52PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> Excellent piece by Jon Stewart....he never
> dissapoints. Someone in the democratic party
> needs to grow some balls..and not cow tail to the
> whims of the republican party. it seems to me
> only Pelosi has a pair big enough to do the job!
> Move over Kaine..move over Emanuel..you are all
> failures in promoting the progressive flag...move
> to the head of the line Ms Pelosi.

I lik Vins. Vins is kuul. Vins neads sumwuns ballz becuz he thenks Puloosey haz ballz. Vins furgets thet cow tails iz kowtow wich iz weerd becuz hez a jenyus. Mebbe hez mixxd up weth hiz amumal assez. Mebbe hez hangun arownd two menny anumal assez. I lik Vins.

Posted by: Yeah but.... ()
Date: January 20, 2010 06:04PM

Yeah but..... Wrote:
> Arrows point at GAY DEMs that frequently
> masquerade as Republicans on this message board.
>
> GAY•---------------------------------------->Regis
> turd Voter
>
> So actually they make you lQQk GAY.

^-------------GAY

As a Republican, I know two things. Gay and failure. We'll call it "Gailure."

Posted by: Gus ()
Date: January 20, 2010 06:06PM

Well Brown got elected. Does that mean his wife gets her SALARY TRIPLED.

**snicker**

Posted by: Re-Post ()
Date: January 20, 2010 07:00PM

Yeah but..... Wrote:
> Arrows point at GAY DEMs that frequently
> masquerade as Republicans on this message board.
>
> GAY•-----------------> Anonomous GAY DEM known as Registurd Voter

Posted by: curious ()
Date: January 20, 2010 07:17PM

Registered Voter:
"More spin. The typical "No" vote. How original. Practiced heavily by the other party during the last 8 years - now they use it to try and paint it as if the Republicans just walked away from serious negotiations on health care and other topics. You all are so full of shit you can't even smell it any more."

Oh please, you mean to say the Republicans actually had the NATION's best interests in mind when they were "negotiating" on the health care legislation?

The Republican party's entire technique was stalling and posturing, lying to the public about the details (death panels and the like), disruption of legitimate conversation with public, (Joe Wilson and the town hall meetings), and lying to the public about bill's impact on the deficit (the bill will decrease the deficit.)

And if you dispute the last fact read the CBO report:
"CBO and JCT now estimate that the legislation would yield a net reduction in deficits of $138 billion over the 10-year period."
http://cboblog.cbo.gov/?p=428

If you don't trust the CBO, then find me a better source.

The Republican Party supported a national health insurance plan with McCain in 2008, read more about it here: http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/10/news/economy/tully_healthcare.fortune/

Many aspects of the heath care bills passed in congress are included in the McCain plan, for example, McCain supports taxing heath care benefits as a way to pay for subsidized insurance for the poor-

"Say you're earning $100,000 a year and your company provides about $9,000 toward your $12,000 family premium, which is about average. Today you're taxed only on the $100,000. Under McCain's plan, you'd also pay on the $9,000. That could mean an extra $3,000 or so in federal taxes alone. To compensate for the extra levy, McCain would provide a $2,500 federal tax rebate for individuals and $5,000 per family, meaning a family would simply subtract $5,000 from its tax bill, the equivalent of a big cash payment."

"To his credit, McCain does have a plan for relatively young, low-income Americans who can't afford insurance. "We would increase the tax credit according to income so that poor families could buy insurance," says Douglas Holtz-Eakin, McCain's policy director."

So, in conclusions, the Republicans could have supported the aspects of reform they wanted enacted. If they had agreed to work with the Democrats both perspectives could have been included in the final bill, and the reform legislation could have still worked.

Unfortunately, they refused to support any part of the bill, or work with the Democrats at all. Every Republican but one voted no in the House.
(BTW the one Republican that voted yes was Joseph Cao http://josephcao.house.gov/) Every Republican voted no in the Senate.

They wanted to stop Obama, not help the American people.

Posted by: Good ()
Date: January 20, 2010 07:24PM

And if push some fuckin' garbage through is what Obama wanted to do, then stopping him was the right thing to do.

Date: January 21, 2010 12:08AM

curious Wrote:
Blah blah blah spin... blah blah blah spin...
>
> The Republican Party supported a national health
> insurance plan with McCain in 2008, read more
> about it here:
> http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/10/news/economy/tully
> _healthcare.fortune/
>
> Many aspects of the heath care bills passed in
> congress are included in the McCain plan, for
> example, McCain supports taxing heath care
> benefits as a way to pay for subsidized insurance
> for the poor-
>

And yet, all I have heard is the Republicans never had a plan. Yet low and behold they had plans all along. So who was lying again? The Democrats are well practiced as the party of No when they need to do it, so I guess it is easy to accuse others of your own failings.

Date: January 21, 2010 08:43AM

Ok, even in defeat, the Democrats can determine that it really meant they had to do MORE then what they already have. This just proves Howard Dean is an absolute loon.

Polling most likely showed that many of the Democrats stayed home because they weren't happy with the "Change" they had not seen, but it is a far stretch to then turn around and say that the voters in MA decided to vote for Brown because they wanted the Democrats to double-down and put the public option back into health care. Dean is a serious loon - even Chris Matthews (another loon) had trouble following his logic. Even more funny - the Daily KOS folks are egging this logic on. There was little to NO exit polling - they had decided a few weeks ago that Coakley had it in the bag (30 point lead) and the main media companies opted to not hire the folks to do the exit interviews. So the funny part is, they have little real information - just a couple of phone polls to other Democrats. It really sounds like Dean rationalizing why they lost - this is too funny.

The Obtuse Chris Matthews
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/1/20/182554/336

What do you do with people in the media that don’t listen when you tell them things?

Howard Dean: The people that voted for Obama and Brown and the voters that stayed home overwhelmingly want a public option.

Chris Matthews: How do you explain that voters preferred Brown who wants to kill healthcare reform over Coakley who consistently supported the public option?

Even the follow on commentary is conflicted. KOS is reallllllly reaching on this one - of all the reasons that Brown won, this has got to be the most "out of this world" possibility it is too funny. Too funny.

Hmm, the video seems to be out - surprising the KOS folks haven't posted it along with their incredible analysis.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Date: January 21, 2010 08:49AM

Media Bias? Who?

“It’s that rare election where voters know exactly what they’re voting on. If they’re with Democrat Martha Coakley they get health care reform. If they go for Republican Scott Brown it’s deliberate, premeditated murder for health care!

Let's just paint this a bit starker, shall we? LOL

Posted by: Registurd Voter(R) ()
Date: January 21, 2010 09:51AM

Registered Voter,

Who are you talking to? Your cries for attention are falling on deaf ears.

Best Regards,
Registurd Voter(R)

Posted by: Gay Post-----^ ()
Date: January 21, 2010 09:59AM

Date: January 21, 2010 10:00AM

Registurd Voter(R) Wrote:
> Registered Voter,
>
> Who are you talking to? Your cries for attention
> are falling on deaf ears.
>
> Best Regards,
> Registurd Voter(R)

Maybe you should just go back to your gay jokes. You really are pathetic if all you can do is sit here and troll. Maybe you can start your own topic sometime and have an original thought. Or do you follow the FF mantra of "never think of anything original since it is much easier to just criticize others"? Oh wait, I answered my own question.

Fuck off anony-troll.

Posted by: Scat Brown(R) ()
Date: January 21, 2010 10:06AM

Registered Voter,

Do you know when Bobbie Francis McDonnell plans to open up the rest areas again? I'm getting really anxious about the prospect of reviving my sex life.

Thanks a bunch,
Scat Brown(R)

Posted by: "Scat Lover" ()
Date: January 21, 2010 10:09AM

I like Scat and I'm a Democrat.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: January 21, 2010 11:46AM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> curious Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> Blah blah blah spin... blah blah blah spin...
> >
> > The Republican Party supported a national
> health
> > insurance plan with McCain in 2008, read more
> > about it here:
> >
>
> > _healthcare.fortune/
> >
> > Many aspects of the heath care bills passed in
> > congress are included in the McCain plan, for
> > example, McCain supports taxing heath care
> > benefits as a way to pay for subsidized
> insurance
> > for the poor-
> >
>
> And yet, all I have heard is the Republicans never
> had a plan. Yet low and behold they had plans all
> along. So who was lying again? The Democrats are
> well practiced as the party of No when they need
> to do it, so I guess it is easy to accuse others
> of your own failings.

You just avoided addressing any of the main points in his argument.

Posted by: It's the agenda, stupid ()
Date: January 21, 2010 11:48AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> Gimme a break. She was a terrible candidate with
> a terrble campaign. If they would've ran someone
> at least likable, it would have been a shoe-in.

“If there’s anybody in this building that doesn’t tell you they’re more worried about elections today, you absolutely should slap them,” said Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.).

Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) called the Massachusetts race a “wake-up call” for his party and said his colleagues were in a “reflective” mood at a private lunch Wednesday.

Several Democratic incumbents said later that none of the 19 Democratic seats up this year are safe — and that fundamental parts of the agenda need to be re-examined to win over voters back home.

“Every state is now in play,” said Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.).

Asked if red-state Democrats up in 2010 and 2012 should be nervous about the electorate, Sen. Kent Conrad (D-N.D.) told POLITICO, “Oh, yeah.”

“I think part of the problem is the agenda itself,” said Conrad, who doesn’t face voters again until 2012. Instead of spending so much time on health care reform, Conrad said Democrats should have focused first on reducing the national debt and a bipartisan energy bill — and that President Barack Obama should have done a better job of explaining that the economic situation he inherited was “far worse” than he’d originally thought.

Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.), one of the more conservative members of the caucus, said some in the Democratic Party were “overreaching” and “advocating more government” than her constituents want.

Date: January 21, 2010 01:12PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
>
> You just avoided addressing any of the main points
> in his argument.

There was nothing else to argue. McCain never proposed universal or single payer health care. He proposed changes in denial of coverage issues and the like, but his plan was still a market based approach with tax rebates to make the plans more affordable. Yes, this would have mainly affected folks who either want to, or already pay for health care. So what exactly was the point to argue? Nothing McCain proposed was in the Bill - in particular the House version. Other than dealing with denial of coverage and pre-existing condition issues, there was little of what the Republicans offered in either version of the Bills. Tort reform? The only reason the Senate version got closer was things like exchanges and such - but they are still managed under OMB - and we still don't see Congress bound to use the same plans they proscribe for everyone else. Do you think their Cadillac health care will be taxed under the new version? I would bet they got an exclusion also.

The Senate made a larger effort to work with Republicans, and a few of them tried but then had to walk away when it was clear they were nothing but a prop being used by the Democrats to show bipartisanship. In the House, there was never a discussion - Pelosi and Hoyer marched their plans through, and it wasn't until the very end when it came down to passage that they had to address issues like abortion coverage and such because there was such strong opposition by the public at this point. Without the Republican votes, it all came down to placating their own members issues since they were stepping up to the vote KNOWING that most of their constituents already hated the bill.

Right now, this is about Democrats. Democrats created the conditions for how the bill was created, and how it was moved through committees and whatever back room deals they made to get it to the floor. Jon Stewart had it right when he noted that the Democrats have an even larger majority right now then Bush ever did, and yet they can't pass shit, and you know why? Not because the Republicans refused to participate - because the Democrats told them to stand aside while they passed what they intended to pass. Remember Obama noting that folks should just get out of the way because they were going to take care of it and fix things. Well good for them. They can try all they want to turn this on Republicans, and while it worked for Clinton back when they threatened to shut down the government, it won't work this time as it has been clear from the beginning that the Democrats NEVER NEEDED the Republicans to pass whatever they wanted. The fact that they back-bit each other to the bitter end is on their own heads. They can whine about it all they want, but they have no one to blame but themselves.

Cry on that shit.

Date: January 21, 2010 01:49PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> curious Wrote:
> -----
> Blah blah blah spin... blah blah blah spin...
> >
> > The Republican Party supported a national
> health
> > insurance plan with McCain in 2008, read more
> > about it here:
> >
>
> > _healthcare.fortune/
> >
> > Many aspects of the heath care bills passed in
> > congress are included in the McCain plan, for
> > example, McCain supports taxing heath care
> > benefits as a way to pay for subsidized
> insurance
> > for the poor-
> >
>
> And yet, all I have heard is the Republicans never
> had a plan. Yet low and behold they had plans all
> along. So who was lying again? The Democrats are
> well practiced as the party of No when they need
> to do it, so I guess it is easy to accuse others
> of your own failings.

There is no legitimate way to call the "MCCain Helath Care Bill"....a republikan proposal.

Date: January 21, 2010 01:52PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Tim45 Wrote:
> -----
> > Vince her approval rating is at 34%, you may
> want
> > to find someone else.
>
> Don't confuse him with facts. Facts are
> meaningless to Vince - it is just the Vince
> (Delusional) Reality, where everyone lives in a
> world called France, and you can use whatever
> recreational drug you desire to turn your brain
> into jello and qualify for euthanasia.

Versuse the RV world where you piss billions of dollars away fighting a War on Drugs for the last 25 years that hasnt produced a single victory. Sounds like the same formula for fighting terrorism to boot!

Posted by: Torn and Frayed ()
Date: January 21, 2010 01:55PM

Vince-
> Registered Voter Wrote:
> -----
> > Tim45 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Vince her approval rating is at 34%, you may
> > want
> > > to find someone else.
> >
> > Don't confuse him with facts. Facts are
> > meaningless to Vince - it is just the Vince
> > (Delusional) Reality, where everyone lives in a
> > world called France, and you can use whatever
> > recreational drug you desire to turn your brain
> > into jello and qualify for euthanasia.
>
>
> Versuse the RV world where you piss billions of
> dollars away fighting a War on Drugs for the last
> 25 years that hasnt produced a single victory.
> Sounds like the same formula for fighting
> terrorism to boot!

LOL!

Date: January 21, 2010 02:13PM

Torn and Frayed Wrote:
> Vince-
> -----
> > Versuse the RV world where you piss billions of
> > dollars away fighting a War on Drugs for the
> last
> > 25 years that hasnt produced a single victory.
> > Sounds like the same formula for fighting
> > terrorism to boot!
>
>
> LOL!

Versuse?

Sorry, I didn't fight any war on drugs - I keep waiting for them to legalize marijuana. I didn't order all those troops to Afghanistan either - I really have nothing to do with it - nor did I piss away 1.4 trillion dollars in deficit spending, or plan to vote on raising the debt ceiling of the US to 14 trillion dollars... that is a LOL for sure.

Change you voted for! Read em and weep baby, read em and weep!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2010 05:14PM by Registered Voter.

Date: January 21, 2010 03:39PM

Ouch...

EDIT: On the current DrudgeReport page
http://www.drudgereport.com/

CABLE NEWS RACE
TUES. JAN. 19, 2010
ELECTION NIGHT

FOXNEWS HANNITY 6,809,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 6,399,000
FOXNEWS O'REILLY 5,228,000
FOXNEWS BECK 3,446,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 3,338,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 3,241,000
CNN KING 1,681,000
CNN COOPER 1,508,000
CNN BROWN 1,308,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,274,000
MSNBC MADDOW 1,236,000
CNN BLITZER 1,135,000
CNNHN BEHAR 845,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 798,000

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/01/21/mass-election-night-cable-news-ratings-january-19-2010-giant-night-for-fox/39675#more-39675

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2010 05:13PM by Registered Voter.

Posted by: Vince(!) ()
Date: January 21, 2010 03:46PM

Id breath an excited sigh of relief if I could get a date with one of his two hotty daughters.

Posted by: Been Here ()
Date: January 21, 2010 04:13PM

Registurd Voter(R) Wrote:
> Registered Voter,
>
> Who are you talking to? Your cries for attention
> are falling on deaf ears.

Thank God for RV. It wasn't long ago that no one on FU could rationally counter the "progressive" rants.

Date: January 21, 2010 04:43PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Versuse?
>
> Sorry, I didn't fight any war on drugs - I keep
> waiting for them to legalize marijuana. I didn't
> order all those troops to Afghanistan either - I
> really have nothing to do with it - nor did I piss
> away 1.4 trillion dollars in deficit spending, or
> plan to vote on raising the debt ceiling of the US
> to 14 trillion dollars... that is a LOL for sure.
>
> Change you voted for! Read em and weep baby, read
> em and weep!

Hi There Registered Homo,

Riddle me this: How many trillions of dollars did Bush and Republicans add to the deficit? I bet it was more than 1.4t.

You can put together a few quotes, hyperlinks and a powerpoint presentation to prove your prolific internet prowess, but it still won't change the fact that you are fighting a losing argument (with the exception of the gullible, sheeple Republicans like me, of course).

Warmly,
Scat Brown(R)

Date: January 21, 2010 04:54PM

On average weren't the Bush year deficits on the order of $400-$450B? Obama is the one who stated that each year we would have $1T deficits. So... if Obama stays to that math and manages to get re-elected we will be at like $25T to $30T in debt. And that is only assuming the Chinese continue to lend us money.

Again though, what logic is it that states because under Bush we ran under deficit spending, that it means it is ok to spend MORE under an Obama administration? You're a fucking idiot if you are going to live under that logic - but then again we see that in most of your stupid ass gay posts where you have about as much meaningful to say as a person with a thimble-sized brain and a beavis and butthead mentality.

Go riddle yourself homo-fuckwit. There is no argument to lose - you haven't made any point other than to whine about "Bush did it so we can too!".

Date: January 21, 2010 04:54PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Ouch...
>
> CABLE NEWS RACE
> TUES. JAN. 19, 2010
> ELECTION NIGHT
>
> FOXNEWS HANNITY 6,809,000
> FOXNEWS GRETA 6,399,000
> FOXNEWS O'REILLY 5,228,000
> FOXNEWS BECK 3,446,000
> FOXNEWS BAIER 3,338,000
> FOXNEWS SHEP 3,241,000
> CNN KING 1,681,000
> CNN COOPER 1,508,000
> CNN BROWN 1,308,000
> MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,274,000
> MSNBC MADDOW 1,236,000
> CNN BLITZER 1,135,000
> CNNHN BEHAR 845,000
> MSNBC HARDBALL 798,000
>
> http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/01/21/mass-election
> -night-cable-news-ratings-january-19-2010-giant-ni
> ght-for-fox/39675#more-39675

Registered Voter,

Are you ok? Could this be because Faux News is one of the ONLY right-leaning stations available to viewers? Not to mention, its viewers are the loudest, overly-opinionated, mouth-foamers who argue just for the sake of arguing, even when they are often wrong. Hell, they think Bush was a success story! I don't know. I have to call bullshit because, as a Republican, I know my party's base all too well.

Teabaggingly,
Scat Brown(R)

Date: January 21, 2010 04:57PM

Yeah, Keith Overbite practically sprays spittle at the camera every time he goes on a political rant. Truly compelling TV - oh right, that explains why his over-ego-sized ratings are in the toilet, only to be outdone by Maddow and Matthews. Brilliant ideological argument there homo-fuckwit-troll.

Date: January 21, 2010 04:58PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> On average weren't the Bush year deficits on the
> order of $400-$450B? Obama is the one who stated
> that each year we would have $1T deficits. So...
> if Obama stays to that math and manages to get
> re-elected we will be at like $25T to $30T in
> debt. And that is only assuming the Chinese
> continue to lend us money.
>
> Again though, what logic is it that states because
> under Bush we ran under deficit spending, that it
> means it is ok to spend MORE under an Obama
> administration? You're a fucking idiot if you are
> going to live under that logic - but then again we
> see that in most of your stupid ass gay posts
> where you have about as much meaningful to say as
> a person with a thimble-sized brain and a beavis
> and butthead mentality.
>
> Go riddle yourself homo-fuckwit. There is no
> argument to lose - you haven't made any point
> other than to whine about "Bush did it so we can
> too!".

Registered Voter (R-Republic of Bullshit),

To put in bluntly, your logic is overly biased and faulty. You are criticizing the same thing that your own party did TEN TIMES OVER. Now, please go outside and get some sunshine before it gets dark. I bet you are severly deficient in Vitamin D (well, perhaps not, since you suck from the teet of the FOX NEWS).

Town Hallingly,
Scat Brown(R)

Date: January 21, 2010 04:59PM

Scat Brown(R) Wrote:
> Registered Voter Wrote:
> >
> > Go riddle yourself homo-fuckwit. There is no
> > argument to lose - you haven't made any point
> > other than to whine about "Bush did it so we
> can
> > too!".
>
>
> To put in bluntly, your logic is overly biased and
> faulty. You are criticizing the same thing that
> your own party did TEN TIMES OVER.

Oh? Where did I say that?

> Now, please go
> outside and get some sunshine before it gets dark.
> I bet you are severly deficient in Vitamin D
> (well, perhaps not, since you suck from the teet
> of the FOX NEWS).

You know nothing about who I am, or what I do. Maybe you should stop speaking from your personal experience and get some sunshine yourself.

Vince would be proud of you homo-fuckwit-troll. You have earned his favorite picture in rebuke.

EDIT: When you have something more meaningful to say that isn't gay trolling or actually something worth talking about we can talk. At this point you are nothing but a pointless retard dumbass.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2010 05:17PM by Registered Voter.
Attachments:
gramma.jpg

Date: January 21, 2010 05:04PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Yeah, Keith Overbite practically sprays spittle at
> the camera every time he goes on a political rant.
> Truly compelling TV - oh right, that explains why
> his over-ego-sized ratings are in the toilet, only
> to be outdone by Maddow and Matthews. Brilliant
> ideological argument there homo-fuckwit-troll.

Registered Voter (R-Commonwealth of Misspelled Signs),

I would agree, but I don't watch, nor do I quote the ratings statistics of, cable news. That's exactly what you did and I'm calling you out on it. All I want to hear are the facts. Not someone else's spin. That goes for yours as well.

Let me be rhetorically clear so you can better understand. There are how many conservative media outlets? There are how many liberal media outlets? The answer to those questions lies your answer. Don't think too hard about it.

Rest Area Lovingly,
Scat Brown(R)

Date: January 21, 2010 05:08PM

Registered Voter Wrote:

> EDIT: When you have something more meaningful to
> say that isn't gay trolling or actually something
> worth talking about we can talk. At this point you
> are nothing but a pointless retard dumbass.

Registered Voter (R-GWB Fan),

Is what you stated in the above thread meaningful, or is it trolling.

Let's have a look, shall we?

You said: "Change you voted for! Read em and weep baby, read em and weep!"
You posted: Cable News statistics without disclaimer.
You posted: A picture of yourself holding a child.

Hmm,
Scat Brown(R)

Date: January 21, 2010 07:14PM

Hey Registered Voter...cant have a conversation without mentioning me. How about you suck my cock..you dumb piece of republikan shit!

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: January 21, 2010 07:35PM

Based on Obama's comments and Pelosi admitting they don't have the votes in the House, Socialist Healthcare is heading toward the Hospice and appears to be terminal.

RIP

Date: January 21, 2010 07:50PM

Dane Bramage Wrote:
> Based on Obama's comments and Pelosi admitting
> they don't have the votes in the House, Socialist
> Healthcare is heading toward the Hospice and
> appears to be terminal.
>
> RIP
>
> http://pottokettle.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/oba
> ma-reid-pelosi1.jpg?w=300&h=220

Your description of the Bill as socialist shows you are nothing more then a republican "no to everything" idiot!

Date: January 22, 2010 10:26AM

Date: January 21, 2010 04:59PM

Blah, Blah, Blah and a picture of him holding a baby.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2010 05:17PM by Registered Voter.
----------------------------------------------

Registered Voter,

It took you 18 minutes to edit your post? That's strange. Did you step outside to fetch the mail or something?

With care,
Scat Brown(R)

Posted by: yupper ()
Date: January 22, 2010 12:52PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
>
> Your description of the Bill as socialist shows
> you are nothing more then a republican "no to
> everything" idiot!

So, you think national healthcare as a means of redistributing wealth using taxes on the middle class with cadillac plans, and additional taxes on businesses such as medical device manufacturers, is not a socialist program?

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: January 22, 2010 04:15PM

Keep drinking this.....
Attachments:
choakley.jpg

Posted by: conVince ()
Date: January 22, 2010 06:47PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> Hey Registered Voter...cant have a conversation
> without mentioning me. How about you suck my
> cock..you dumb piece of republikan shit!

Someone seems mad that the demokratik regime is in utter failure mode. Unemployment on the RISE since Bush. Deficits on the RISE since Bush. Obamakare FAILS. Even demokrats in Massachusetts got sick at the thought of a single new demokrat going to Washington and they refused to embarras their state by sending Koakly there.

You are a demokrat and an amerikan, and your agenda is FAILING big time and the Second American Revolution is beginning.

------------------------------------

twitter @EyeAmU

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2010 06:48PM by conVince.

Date: January 22, 2010 06:51PM

conVince Wrote:
> Vince(1) Wrote:
> -----
> > Hey Registered Voter...cant have a conversation
> > without mentioning me. How about you suck my
> > cock..you dumb piece of republikan shit!
>
>
> Someone seems mad that the demokratik regime is in
> utter failure mode. Unemployment on the RISE
> since Bush. Deficits on the RISE since Bush.
> Obamakare FAILS. Even demokrats in Massachusetts
> got sick at the thought of a single new demokrat
> going to Washington and they refused to embarras
> their state by sending Koakly there.
>
> You are a demokrat and an amerikan, and your
> agenda is FAILING big time and the Second American
> Revolution is beginning.

Hey dream on...the idiots on here have filters to ignore what I post and I could care less...but then they keep bringing me up in theiur gay arguments. As far as your comments on the state of the economy..I will admit that I find it incredible that 1 year of democratic leadership is compared to 8 years of the biggest idiot ever to be president. But hey...the Amerikan public proved to me in 2004 just how stupid they and you are.

Date: January 22, 2010 07:04PM

Really Wince?

What about the 8 years before Bush.
The OTHER 8 years of hell that landed us being attacked by Osama Bin Laden because your great leader who did such a wonderful job let the fucker GO!

I like how you yourself compared 8 years of IYO-Failure, to this first year of your Teleprompter Messaih's reign. You yourself have confirmed the REPUBLICANS entire argument, for thier proposed "revolution".

Posted by: conVince ()
Date: January 22, 2010 07:12PM

"When Obama was elected, 63 percent of Massachusetts voters said government should do more to solve problems, according to exit polling then. In the new poll, that number slipped to 50 percent, with about as many, 47 percent, saying that government is doing too many things better left to businesses and individuals."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35019673/ns/politics-washington_post/

It only took the bluest, most amerikanized demokrats in the country in Massachusetts to come to that conclusion that quickly. That says everything we need to know. The country was off course but Obama and the demokratik kongress took it way further off course. So far that even Columbus thinks he'll sail off the edge. We the American People just hope there hasn't been too much damage done in three years by these demokrats and one year of Obama.

------------------------------------

twitter @EyeAmU

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2010 07:12PM by conVince.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.