HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Sleeping in your car
Posted by: JSTAR ()
Date: June 20, 2018 01:42PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sleeping in your car
Posted by: Bessmisla ()
Date: December 13, 2019 04:31AM

in fact sleeping in car may be dangerous

do you know how I found it out? My sleeping tracker said about it

lol, now I started thinking about how do sleeping trackers work

Date: December 13, 2019 07:04AM

I sleep in my car from time to time. Sometimes my mother will get mad at smells produced by my love making with Sherpa. The complaining is the worst when she comes to the basement to do her clothes.

Posted by: like sleepy autotime ()
Date: December 13, 2019 08:00AM

A record 7 million Americans are 90 days or more behind on their auto loan payments

Posted by: Liquidat1on ()
Date: December 13, 2019 05:53PM

to be honest I've never tried sleeping in the car but I guess I will have to as I will have a trip soon...
By the way I found out that 2 hours of sleeping is enough for me during the trip to feel refreshed. Moreover, it wouldn't be possible without the help of sleeping tracker that always gave me accurate data about the phases of sleep and my heart rate. In fact, I would never learn how these sleep trackers work without the help of this article smartifylife.com where I also found out about sleep stages that helped me understand how much time is enough to feel refreshed :)

Posted by: Alsimsseb ()
Date: January 06, 2020 02:20AM

Bessmisla Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> in fact sleeping in car may be dangerous
>
> do you know how I found it out? My sleeping
> tracker said about it
>
> lol, now I started thinking about how do sleeping
> trackers work

You need an SUV bud thats all stretch out and catch some z's!

Posted by: King of the Road ()
Date: January 06, 2020 04:19AM

I sleeped in a van for a while. It had no windows in the back at all, just the windshield and two front door windows. AKA a "murder van". Had a futon in back. I would find places to park with public wifi, like an hotel or coffee shop and just pull up for the night, watch a movie or surf the web or whatever and crash, then wake up early and cruise. Had a cooler in back and everything I really needed. I lived like that for months, just me and my dog. We drove all over CA, OR, WA, ID, NV, visiting family and friends. I'd just drive when I felt like it, nap or sleep any time I felt like it, take every scenic route, stop at any place beautiful or interesting, spend a day at a river or lake or forest or park or whatever. Sometimes I'd pull into a rest area to sleep and I'd see a bunch of people sleeping in cars. They looked miserable, uncomfortable and had no privacy. Plus everyone can tell your sleeping in your car. But a murder van, you don't even know if anyones there. Meanwhile I'm sitting in back, butt naked, drinking tequila shots, eating chinese takeout, hitting a bong and watching netflix and nobody knows but my dog. So if you're going to live in a vehicle, get a van with no windows and you'll be set. You can find truckstops or community centers to get a shower. It's probably not a great set of circumstances that put you in that situation, but if you can have the comfort and privacy of a van that is 100x better than being cramped in a car, trying to block the windows with blankets, sleeping in your clothes since the blanket on the window thing doesn't really work.

Posted by: Reverse J ()
Date: January 06, 2020 01:13PM

Reverse J technique Wrote:
> No need to buy a van with the Reverse J
> technique!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Usqf7aNxg
>
> I have used it many times in my Ford 500. A little
> preparation goes a long way.

Worth a try!

Posted by: Dave Ramsay ()
Date: January 06, 2020 02:31PM

like sleepy autotime Wrote:
> A record 7 million Americans are 90 days or
> more behind on their auto loan payments

That’s because 9/10 people purchase cars they cannot really afford. This includes many of you who dry high priced German brand luxury vehicles. In reality, if you aren’t worth more than at least $2-3 million, you have no business owning a luxury vehicle.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.