HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Are Sigs worth the extra money over Glocks?
Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: January 08, 2007 12:27AM

Now I know first off that the most important thing is how they feel when I shoot them so I have to go to the range and try them both out, but I am looking at the Glock 23 or the Sig P226. Now I can get a glock 23 used with 3 13 rd mags for 345 or a used sig P226R with trijcon night sights and 3 mags for 525 in .40 cal Thanks for input.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Sigs worth the extra money over Glocks?
Posted by: The Congressman ()
Date: January 08, 2007 01:15AM

That's a hell of a deal on the Glock if there's nothing wrong with it. 2 extra factory mags alone are worth $40. Then again the sig magazines are about $30 apiece so it's a tough call. I got my P229 with 2 for $425 so I feel i stumbled onto a bargain as well. My personal preference is for Sig b/c it fits me well though you really can't go wrong with the Glock at that price.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: January 08, 2007 07:11AM

I need a new carry unit... looking at either the Glock 26 or the CZ 2075 RAMI.

Date: January 14, 2007 03:39PM

Rather than start a new thread I'll ask here if anybody has any experience using Sellier & Bellot ammo. Cheaper than dirt has it in .357 SIG for ~$12/box and .40 for under $10. Reliability? Dirtiness? Any opinions would be appreciated.

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: January 15, 2007 02:03AM

Not personally but I would also recommend sportsmansguide.com for ammo deals. I've ordered lots of stuff from them and never had a problem but they do get backlogged sometimes on the deals.

Date: January 15, 2007 03:01AM

Sportsman's guide has been my usual standby. I was a shareholder of the company until they went private a couple of months ago. I got a great deal on 7.69 from them before the shortage but then got burned on 1000 rounds of bunk Wolf 9mm from them recently. http://www.ammoman.com/index.htm has some bargains if he has what you're looking for b/c of the free shipping, which can add up on bulk ammo, due to the weight. I'm tempted to stock up on this S&B .357 sig b/c of the price, but I'm wary trying discount ammo since the Wolf fiasco.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2007 03:01AM by The Congressman.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.