HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Mother of fatally stabbed college student pushes for strict knife control
Posted by: Henckel ()
Date: April 22, 2018 12:46PM

The mother of a University of Texas, Austin student killed with a knife during an attack is pushing to ban Bowie-style hunting knives.

What are the details?
Lori Brown is pushing for knife control on behalf of her son, Harrison, a freshman who was murdered on the Texas campus in May with such a knife, according to KXAN-TV.

KXAN reported that after Harrison was stabbed, he tried to call his mother. He didn’t live long enough to speak with her before succumbing to his fatal injury.

Authorities charged the suspect, Kendrex White, with murder and aggravated assault for the attack that ended Harrison’s life and injured three other students.

White claimed that he was insane at the time of the stabbings and does not recall the attacks.

What about HB 1935?
KXAN reported that the type of knife used in the slaying were already illegal to carry in Texas at the time of Harrison’s murder, but after his death, Texas House Bill 1935 — which allowed the knives to be carried in certain places in Texas, except for all school campuses — was signed into law.

“In my opinion, [HB 1935] totally disregards Harrison and how he died and his murder,” Lori Brown told KXAN. “It really did feel like a slap in the face.”

“I have nothing to lose,” she said of attempting to persuade Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) and his administration to listen to her pleas. “I will not take ‘no’ for an answer. If something like this happens again, I just don’t know what I would do.”

“Bottom line: It should have never happened that day,” Brown added. “It should not have happened. [White] should have not been allowed to have an illegal knife on him and use it to murder somebody.”

She said that she hopes to “repeal, or amend, or maybe poke some holes into House Bill 1935.”

“In addition to that, I’d also like to see some changes made — on college campuses, university campuses and with this House Bill — that prevent knives, Bowie knives, swords, machetes from getting into the wrong hands and coming onto campus,” Brown concluded.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/04/19/mother-of-fatally-stabbed-college-student-pushes-for-strict-knife-control

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mother of fatally stabbed college student pushes for strict knife control
Posted by: BEH ()
Date: April 22, 2018 01:23PM

I'd be willing to bet Kendrex had a violent record a mile long and should have been locked up long ago.

Re: Mother of fatally stabbed college student pushes for strict knife control
Posted by: trumpitality ()
Date: April 22, 2018 01:42PM

The knife the under-privileged aspiring rapper church-going education-loving trying to turn his life around killer was, in fact, illegal to carry. Still is under the new law, on any campus.

It's a pity criminals don't follow laws. Liberals think the answer is to disarm those who DO follow the law.
This gives you London, where murder by stabbing exceeds the NY City tally for ALL murders. Knives have been illegal for years and years there.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.