HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
European Union releases 10-page list of potential targets for retaliatory tariffs on U.S. products
Posted by: sureokkk ()
Date: March 16, 2018 04:08PM

The European Union on Friday made public a 10-page list of American products that are potential targets for retaliation if President Trump refuses to exempt the allied bloc from his new tariffs on steel and aluminum imports.

The list offered the most detailed glimpse to date of the likely targets for E.U. action, including products selected for maximum political impact in the United States. Among them: bourbon, a specialty of Kentucky, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s home state; cranberries, which are grown in House Speaker Paul D. Ryan’s native Wisconsin; orange juice from Florida; and tobacco from North Carolina. Florida and North Carolina are considered political swing states with key electoral votes.

“It’s pretty clear they’re trying to wake up American legislators, who are the only ones in government who can influence the president on this issue,” said Chad Bown, a trade expert at the Peterson Institute for International Economics.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: European Union releases 10-page list of potential targets for retaliatory tariffs on U.S. products
Posted by: I wish I was in Brussels ()
Date: March 16, 2018 04:29PM

Good, hope they nail Trump and stick it to corporate America.

Re: European Union releases 10-page list of potential targets for retaliatory tariffs on U.S. products
Posted by: Thank’s Trump ()
Date: March 16, 2018 04:32PM

You mean my 86 year old grandmother won’t be able to buy the BMW she’s been saving for?
She’ll be pissed.

Posted by: try reading ()
Date: March 16, 2018 04:41PM

Thank’s Trump Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You mean my 86 year old grandmother won’t be
> able to buy the BMW she’s been saving for?
> She’ll be pissed.

Huh? Can you read? This is things WE SELL that will have tariffs added IN OTHER COUNTRIES. Your Gma can still buy her bmw no problem!

Posted by: euros should really ()
Date: March 16, 2018 04:53PM

know their role...which is doormat

we could just pull out of NATO and let the big bad russians take over all of western europe since ya know those countries defense is 90% American

cucktarded euros would be begging us ignorant americans for our military superiority

Posted by: I wish I was in Brussels ()
Date: March 16, 2018 05:13PM

euros should really Wrote:
> know their role...which is doormat
>
> we could just pull out of NATO and let the big bad
> russians take over all of western europe since ya
> know those countries defense is 90% American
>
> cucktarded euros would be begging us ignorant
> americans for our military superiority

Russians at this point are preferable to America whose power is waning by the day. Everyone in Europe wishes you would stay on your side of the ocean.

Posted by: haha sounds good ()
Date: March 16, 2018 05:16PM

As an American I wholeheartedly agree that not a cent of tax payer money should support the defense of Europeans.

Good luck!

Belgian military is haf haha

Posted by: sureokkk ()
Date: March 16, 2018 05:33PM

euros should really Wrote:
> know their role...which is doormat
>
> we could just pull out of NATO and let the big bad
> russians take over all of western europe since ya
> know those countries defense is 90% American
>
> cucktarded euros would be begging us ignorant
> americans for our military superiority

So your idea of strategy would be to cede control of all of Europe to the Russians to 'show Europe' Where would that lead the US. Without Europe, China and Russia could shut the US down for good.

Posted by: Düsseldorf ()
Date: March 16, 2018 05:51PM

haha sounds good Wrote:
> As an American I wholeheartedly agree that not a
> cent of tax payer money should support the defense
> of Europeans.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Belgian military is haf haha

Please, do it. Go back to your country and stuff your faces with awful food and bow to corporate America.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.