HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why do Japanese cars suck?
Posted by: Motor Trend ()
Date: January 27, 2018 08:53PM

I've been doing some research lately because I'm a first time car buyer and I'm interested in vehicles that stand the test of time. Not just mechanically, but visually as well. What good is a vehicle if it's rusted from the inside out, clear coat peeling, that type of thing.

Well, all the research has led me to an interesting conclusion. Imports suck!

This includes Japanese and especially Korean cars. Completely overrated, overpriced, and will end up looking rusty and nasty in less than 7 years.(Likely do to with the coverup scandal involving Japanese steel company, 'Kobe')
And mechanically, they don't last any longer than American cars/trucks and their is not one shred of evidence to prove otherwise.

Also the most surprising discovery I made was that you will pay more for car insurance if you have an import.

I've compiled some links of unsuspecting American victims of this sham, please share your stories to help others.

Thank you!
------------
http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&title=Japanese-Import-Problems&A=2706

At a glance...

The common problems found in Japanese imports...
Body and paint
Suspension and brakes
Engine and driveline

-------------
Here's another....
https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=753283
Attachments:
image.jpeg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why do Japanese cars suck?
Posted by: cy93p ()
Date: January 27, 2018 09:04PM

because I sell u LED headlights. the light is crappy quality despite advertising, the bulbs are more expensive than halogen mini (which was supposed to be cheaper than glass but DUE TO COLLUSION IS NOT)

If you use the wrong bulb or have any wiring problem it will cost up to $800 to replace your headlights.

$800 v. $20

that's not worse and deceptive sales. that's almost drop another bomb

that isn't the only "feature" they can burn you on

---------------------

that being said, if you shop carefully they are ok cars: BUT ARE NOT MADE IN USA. this is fine if you buy mostly usa cars and want a diversion, however: fx co gov has a clear history of aiding asian car sales by their employees by great number driving asian cars

Posted by: Huh??? ()
Date: January 27, 2018 09:50PM

Sorry, I missed your post, OP...I was just parking my Nissan GT-R and then I had to field dress a bunch of Corvette corpses...

Posted by: Facts are facts ()
Date: January 27, 2018 09:58PM

cy93p Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> because I sell u LED headlights. the light is
> crappy quality despite advertising, the bulbs are
> more expensive than halogen mini (which was
> supposed to be cheaper than glass but DUE TO
> COLLUSION IS NOT)
>
> If you use the wrong bulb or have any wiring
> problem it will cost up to $800 to replace your
> headlights.
>
> $800 v. $20
>
> that's not worse and deceptive sales. that's
> almost drop another bomb
>
> that isn't the only "feature" they can burn you
> on
>
> ---------------------
>
> that being said, if you shop carefully they are ok
> cars: BUT ARE NOT MADE IN USA. this is fine if
> you buy mostly usa cars and want a diversion,
> however: fx co gov has a clear history of aiding
> asian car sales by their employees by great number
> driving asian cars

Interesting. The excessive price of import replacement parts is a subject all on its own.

Posted by: My tacoma ()
Date: January 28, 2018 09:26AM

I had a Hyundai Sonata once and it was by far the worst car I ever owned.

Posted by: Louie Chevrolet ()
Date: January 28, 2018 09:30AM

See the USA in your Chevrolet!

Posted by: NotAllJapCarsSuck ()
Date: January 28, 2018 12:07PM

Mach 5. Came with it's own monkey.
Attachments:
speedracer-e1299015752392.jpg
Mach 5 2.jpg

Posted by: kjhgff ()
Date: January 28, 2018 06:02PM

Facts are facts Wrote:
> Interesting. The excessive price of import
> replacement parts is a subject all on its own.

it WAS - domestic parts like "dana" were about 1/2 price of import. but GM & Ford raised prices to match in collusion, and infact are using import parts themselves.

it's no longer as much a point. one might choose rust and need of undercoating as a point.

Posted by: not posted by me ()
Date: January 28, 2018 06:03PM

do asian suck young dick and are their asian tranny?

well then yes, asian cars also suck, predictably

Posted by: vcjtv ()
Date: January 28, 2018 06:04PM

I rent a lot of cars. Right now I have a Mitsubishi Mirage out. It sucks. A lot. Jap cars aren't all bad, but this one sure is.

Posted by: Toyota Guy ()
Date: January 28, 2018 07:01PM

Bought a new 4-runner in 2000 for $30,000. Drove 247,000 miles till 2008.

Then a used 2004 Tundra; biggest model with 47,000 miles. I was given $2500 for the 4-Runner. I paid $14,000 after trade in. I drove it to 263,000 miles.

I traded the 2004 in 2016 for a 2008 Tundra that had 79,000m miles. They gave me $4000 for the old one. Out the door for $15,000. It now has 146,000 miles.

18 years. $59,000 = 657,000 miles. Duh.

Posted by: Paul Walker ()
Date: February 03, 2018 09:07PM

Toyota Guy Wrote:
> Bought a new 4-runner in 2000 for $30,000. Drove
> 247,000 miles till 2008.
>

You paid $30,000 for 247,000 miles? Sorry for your bad luck.

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: February 03, 2018 11:07PM

Japanese cars are also made in America unlike American cars.

Posted by: Yahoo jr. ()
Date: February 03, 2018 11:30PM

American car profits stay in America. Japanese car profits do not.

Date: February 03, 2018 11:37PM

Yahoo jr. Wrote:
> American car profits stay in America. Japanese car
> profits do not.

And what good does that do? And what does "stay in America" mean if they're making all their new factories overseas?

What is it like a bank account?

Posted by: Louie Chevrolet ()
Date: February 04, 2018 05:52AM

Gerry, get your friggin Prius out of the way or I will run you over with my Silverado.

Posted by: cavalier fag boy ()
Date: February 04, 2018 09:35AM

Yahoo jr. Wrote:
> profits do not.

GM, F, HMC, TM are all available to be purchased by anyone around the world. Toyota and Honda even trade on the NYSE.

Posted by: Baka Bomb ()
Date: February 04, 2018 09:45AM

My tacoma Wrote:
> I had a Hyundai Sonata once and it was by far the
> worst car I ever owned.

Korea no kuruma desu. Baka ka!

Posted by: Trump.4Evuh ()
Date: February 04, 2018 10:37AM

Yahoo jr. Wrote:
> profits do not.

Go peddle that shit elsewheres...Try telling that to the thousands of American workers employed by foreign automakers on U.S. soil.

Posted by: Libtards 'R' Us ()
Date: February 04, 2018 12:40PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> Yahoo jr. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > American car profits stay in America. Japanese
> car
> > profits do not.
>
> And what good does that do? And what does "stay
> in America" mean if they're making all their new
> factories overseas?
>

Huh??

"American auto makers make factories in other countries" so fuckng what? Their making products for other markets.

Just as Verizon does, just as John Deer does, just as American food companies do, etc. so they can sell more. Are you saying American companies cannot compete in foreign markets? Lolz! I'll bet your a commie libtard.

Date: February 04, 2018 12:42PM

So what's American? Where the bank accounts are or where they make their cars. Toyota has American bank accounts to with probably billions in them.

Posted by: Pat Goss car guy ()
Date: February 04, 2018 12:49PM

They do not suck. This is an outrage!!

Posted by: Domestic guy ()
Date: February 04, 2018 12:51PM

Domestic>japanese

Posted by: but muh domestic ()
Date: February 04, 2018 12:54PM

normal wear and tear fellas, nothing to see here

Posted by: Imported from Detroit ()
Date: February 04, 2018 12:58PM

The main reasons that Japanese cars consistently rate higher in terms of quality than US cars are:

Japanese cars are built by two world-class manufacturers: Honda and Toyota. It has little to do with "Japan vs. USA" and everything to do with different styles of corporate management.
Honda and Toyota have been very profitable, and profits make it much easier for a company to emphasize quality.

Both Honda and Toyota use a tried and true approach to engineering and manufacturing that emphasizes quality and efficiency above all else. In the United States, manufacturers emphasize profit above all else (particularly this quarter's earnings), and that puts them at a fundamental disadvantage.

At Honda and Toyota:

Management is comfortable with incremental improvements in sales, so they don't demand big changes during every redesign.
Management is very stable - the same people are in charge for years.
This stable, incremental approach means that engineers can focus on steadily improving every individual system in a vehicle, rather than reinventing something every 5-7 years.
Quality is rarely put ahead of profits (with a notable recent exception at Toyota, where their profit-driven reluctance to deal with a floor mat recall led to a "runaway Toyota" media circus)
All employees are "team members" and cultivated like any other resource

Now GM loyalists might argue that Toyota and Honda can only afford to take this approach because they're so profitable, but I would reply that Toyota and Honda have used this approach for decades...which is why they're profitable.

At US Auto Manufacturers, at least historically:

Management changes frequently, and with these management changes we see dramatic changes in corporate direction, product planning, resource allocation, etc.
Management often demands revolutionary new products. While this demand for innovation is good for the industry as a whole, it's a very risky approach to the car business. After all, if "the next big thing" is a flop, your company just wasted a couple BILLION dollars.
Because management is more fluid and expectations generally favor dramatic improvement, engineers are rarely given the chance to focus on incrementally improving products purely for the sake of improving quality.
Because shareholder value usually determines the success of a US manufacturer's management team, the pressure to increase profits THIS QUARTER is never ending. Engineers are far more likely to be asked to find a way to reduce costs than improve quality.
Because there is so much emphasis on quarterly reporting, US automakers often struggle to embrace long-term planning.

Having said all of this, US automakers are dramatically better at building cars now than they were 30 years ago, and some (GM and Chrysler-Fiat) are considerably better than they were even 5 years ago.

Finally, Ford Motor Company deserves some special recognition. For the last 10 years, they've enjoyed smart, stable management, and because the Ford family controls the direction of the company, Ford is uniquely able to focus on long-term planning when compared to GM or Chrysler-Fiat.

In fact, were it not for Ford's quality issues with their MyFordTouch system (a bit of a debacle - see Confusing UI & Poor Usability Killing Ford Quality Rating) it's likely that Ford's quality ratings would be just as high as Honda and Toyota.

Yet if Ford is the exception, GM is the rule. Despite their restructuring, it seems the same old fundamental problems still exist at GM. See General Motors Is Headed For Bankruptcy -- Again for more insights about GM's fundamental - and potentially fatal - flaws.

In addition to what has been written here are a few tidbits.

Experience: GM, Ford feels employees need to move around every 18-24 months. This is partly due to the American mindset, freedom, creativity. At Honda and Toyota you have engineers who stay in the same department for their career.
Management: Both Honda and Toyota develop leaders out of their engineering ranks. I believe all CEOs of Honda have been engineers. Most from the same group I was a part of. American companies tend to be led by sales guys.
Perception: Lastly, this perception. Consumer Reports is more unbiased than other magazines, but American car quality has come up significantly in the past 10 years and cars like the Chevy Malibu, Ford Fusion are real threats to the Japanese OEMs.

Posted by: sureok ()
Date: February 04, 2018 01:17PM

All depends on year make and model - in general Honda, Subaru and Toyota do very very well. There are lots of domestic makes and models along with German, Swedish and S Korean that do well too. You just have to do your homework and pick a winning tested model. I have a Volvo and Mercedes each with over 210k and they literally never break down or need extensive repairs. I do all my own work and check them often. About once a year a light comes on or a rattle develops and I fix the problem. Mostly suspension every 4 years or a worn thermostat light bulbs and tires.

My feeling is that after reliability the most important things are safety, agility and speed and durability/fit and finish. If your car is made of cheap shit materials inside they will look terrible in 5 years and unbearable in 10 if they arent falling off. Same with paint and exterior body parts. Jap cars will last and wont breakdown but some of them have some really cheap materials - avoid those.

Posted by: Chop sticks ()
Date: February 04, 2018 01:20PM

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Date: February 04, 2018 01:48PM

thats a french car.

Posted by: But muh import ()
Date: February 04, 2018 03:51PM

but muh domestic Wrote:
> thats a french car.
>

-----------

It's still considered rice.

Funny how Japanese cars have to utilize "100 year old American technology" (rear wheel drive) to pop a wheelie. Lolz!
-------
Attachments:
image.png
image.jpeg

Date: February 04, 2018 04:29PM

Funny how wheelies are supposed to be a bragging point when they are pointless and will get you shut down from further runs at the drag strip. Cool for showing off though.

Still doesn't take away from what 'Imported from Detroit' stated earlier.

Cool > reliable any day, right?

- Owner of American truck for real WORK (not a mall crawler without a spec of dirt on it)
- Owner of FUN (read - not reliable) weekender
- Owner of RELIABLE japanese for daily (turns over every time, only wear and tear parts + cheap, so I spend more money on my Z06)

Sorry your dodge dart was so great that it was axed.
Enjoy your hecho in mexico cars (fusion, fiesta, etc). I'll buy AMERICAN made.

Posted by: Domestic guy ()
Date: February 04, 2018 04:37PM

It's true, we only care about profits and seeing what shit we can pilfer to the idiots who blindly "buy American".

I sell Chevy's, Dodge's, and Ford's, but I own a Lexus (LOL) and a F250.
American Trucks>American CARSx1000

Posted by: stupid gringo ()
Date: February 04, 2018 04:38PM

Why are Japanese Cars Considered better than American Cars?

Management in Honda and Toyota is stable means people are in charge for many years. Some even remain in the same department for their careers. Moreover, Honda and Toyota develop their leaders from their engineer ranks.
Americans keep changing their management because they want to increase their profit. American companies hire people who can increase their sales.
Honda and Toyota do not demand bid changes during every redesign. This stable approach provides the opportunity to improve the system rather than reinventing the vehicles after some years.
In American, Due to more fluid management and expectations generally favoring dramatic improvement, engineers are not given enough chance to focus enough on the improvement of the quality.
Dramatic changes happen in the management of American automakers. With every change in the management, we see a dramatic change in direction, resource allocation etc.
Shareholders play a major role in the decision making of American automakers. Management team remains under pressure to increase the profit. It also affects the engineers who start focusing on improving profit rather than quality.
Due to so much focus on quarterly reporting, US automakers often struggle to embrace long-term planning.
Due to American mindset, Ford and Chrysler feel that employees need to move every 18-24 months.
Japanese have a focus on increasing the honor of their products.
Japanese put effort into design and research while Americans, on the other hand, focus on something stylish and trendy.
Recent developments also show American used cars at a good place. Americans are improving their ranking over the days.
Japanese spends more time in the engineering of products to last longer may not choose to replace things so easily.

It is no doubt that Japanese cars are better than American cars when it comes to reliability and durability. But, American cars are better when it comes to having modern technology. There are some exceptions as Toyota is focusing on hydrogen-powered vehicles.

Posted by: jpjej ()
Date: February 04, 2018 04:44PM

scientists have proven that if the air japanese cars SUCK are tweaked with lasers that efficient hydrogen oxygen fuel can be introduced into the airstream

YOU"VE ALREADY BEEN BILLED.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Posted by: Butthurt Honda owner ()
Date: February 04, 2018 05:53PM

Libtards 'R' Us Wrote:
> Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> -----
> > Yahoo jr. Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > American car profits stay in America.
> Japanese
> > car
> > > profits do not.
> >
> > And what good does that do? And what does
> "stay
> > in America" mean if they're making all their
> new
> > factories overseas?
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Huh??
>
> "American auto makers make factories in other
> countries" so fuckng what? Their making products
> for other markets.
>
> Just as Verizon does, just as John Deer does, just
> as American food companies do, etc. so they can
> sell more. Are you saying American companies
> cannot compete in foreign markets? Lolz! I'll bet
> your a commie libtard.

Very true. Commie liberals hate America and hate patriotism. And that's exactly why they got the smackdown on election night. And what a glorious night that was!
------
Attachments:
image.jpeg

Posted by: Jo Mama ()
Date: April 21, 2018 10:30PM

Yahoo jr. Wrote:
> profits do not.

Very true.

Posted by: Rusty. ()
Date: September 02, 2018 08:59PM

Love that Japanese quality!

Attachments:
image.jpeg

Posted by: Gay liberal is redundant ()
Date: September 03, 2018 11:16AM

prius sucks b/c it's a libtardmobile.

Posted by: Gayvid_Blimmo ()
Date: September 03, 2018 11:17AM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> So what's American?

You're not, You're a towelhead.

Posted by: priusman ()
Date: September 03, 2018 11:21AM

Gay liberal is redundant Wrote:
> prius sucks b/c it's a libtardmobile.

Im a proud LIBTARDFAKENEWS! and even I wouldnt be caught dead in a Prius. Fucking people drive like assholes because they are assholes. As a sidenote my Trumptard neighbor drives a Prius, smokes, whole family is fat and smoke and they live off the dole.

Posted by: Brown Onion ()
Date: September 03, 2018 11:39AM

They slant all over

Posted by: Old an in the way ()
Date: September 03, 2018 01:34PM

Got me a Toyota made in California.
Got me a Ford made in Mexico.
What's wrong with this picture?

Posted by: iPhone fanatic ()
Date: January 01, 2019 09:54PM

Motor Trend Wrote:
> I've been doing some research lately because I'm a
> first time car buyer and I'm interested in
> vehicles that stand the test of time. Not just
> mechanically, but visually as well. What good is a
> vehicle if it's rusted from the inside out, clear
> coat peeling, that type of thing.
>
> Well, all the research has led me to an
> interesting conclusion. Imports suck!
>
> This includes Japanese and especially Korean cars.
> Completely overrated, overpriced, and will end up
> looking rusty and nasty in less than 7
> years.(Likely do to with the coverup scandal
> involving Japanese steel company, 'Kobe')
> And mechanically, they don't last any longer than
> American cars/trucks and their is not one shred of
> evidence to prove otherwise.
>
> Also the most surprising discovery I made was that
> you will pay more for car insurance if you have an
> import.
>
>
> I've compiled some links of unsuspecting American
> victims of this sham, please share your stories to
> help others.
>
>
> Thank you!
> ------------
> http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&title=J
> apanese-Import-Problems&A=2706
>
> At a glance...
>
> The common problems found in Japanese imports...
> Body and paint
> Suspension and brakes
> Engine and driveline
>
> -------------
> Here's another....
> https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&;
> f=23&t=753283

Holy shit. I had no idea that Japanese cars and trucks were so worthless.

Posted by: 6uvxe ()
Date: January 01, 2019 10:46PM

stupid post

nothing at all in the post about any car isn't fake news

Posted by: Toe jam driver ()
Date: January 05, 2019 04:57PM

Butthurt Honda owner Wrote:
> Libtards 'R' Us Wrote:
> -----
> > Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Yahoo jr. Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > American car profits stay in America.
> > Japanese
> > > car
> > > > profits do not.
> > >
> > > And what good does that do? And what does
> > "stay
> > > in America" mean if they're making all their
> > new
> > > factories overseas?
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Huh??
> >
> > "American auto makers make factories in other
> > countries" so fuckng what? Their making
> products
> > for other markets.
> >
> > Just as Verizon does, just as John Deer does,
> just
> > as American food companies do, etc. so they can
> > sell more. Are you saying American companies
> > cannot compete in foreign markets? Lolz! I'll
> bet
> > your a commie libtard.
>
>
>
>
>
> Very true. Commie liberals hate America and hate
> patriotism. And that's exactly why they got the
> smackdown on election night. And what a glorious
> night that was!
> ------

Amen bro. It's always liberal pussies that drive imports. Mainly because they are gay and don't know any better. Can you imagine driving a hyundai?

Lulz

Posted by: why I drive Jap cars ()
Date: January 05, 2019 05:33PM

Toe jam driver Wrote:
>
>
> Amen bro. It's always liberal pussies that drive
> imports. Mainly because they are gay and don't
> know any better. Can you imagine driving a
> hyundai?
>
>
> Lulz

1)They freakin' run forever
2)I can trigger a trumptard every time I drive to work, pick up a sixpack, or go out for dinnner

Posted by: Francisco ()
Date: January 05, 2019 10:21PM

Gay liberal is redundant Wrote:
> prius sucks b/c it's a Libtardmobile.

That's pretty funny!

Posted by: AaronB ()
Date: January 05, 2019 11:05PM

Basically any 4 cylinder, manual transmission car are all the same for reliability.

It's the automatic transmissions that start to see differences.

Plus, I think people who buy Japanese cars pay a little more, so they keep up on the maintenance.

Cars are better than ever. It's now possible to keep a car 15-20 years compared to the 70's and 80's cars. You could get maybe 7-10 years with even top notch preventive maintenance.

Posted by: Smokey and the Bandit ()
Date: January 06, 2019 08:23PM

Japanese cars have zero guts, and even less style.

Attachments:
image.jpeg

Posted by: Asker of Questions ()
Date: January 06, 2019 10:50PM

Why do posters to FFXU keep reviving old threads?

Posted by: Rock solid American voter ()
Date: January 07, 2019 09:18AM

It's sad that so many Americans were duped into buying imports.

Posted by: Where's RGB? ()
Date: January 07, 2019 10:09AM

Top 10 cars in last month's Consumer Reports were Japanese or South Korean. Bottom 10 were American or German. Get your heads out of your asses folks. The Japs make good cars. GM has sucked for 30 years. Sadly, Ford, my brand of choice for many years, isn't too far behind GM nowdays.

Posted by: Flip phonez ()
Date: January 07, 2019 10:34AM

Where's RGB? Wrote:
> Top 10 cars in last month's Consumer Reports were
> Japanese or South Korean. Bottom 10 were American
> or German. Get your heads out of your asses
> folks. The Japs make good cars. GM has sucked
> for 30 years. Sadly, Ford, my brand of choice for
> many years, isn't too far behind GM nowdays.

More lies. The top 4 sedans are American. Lolz!

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/types/new/sedans/ratings?categoryId=11339

Posted by: Sambo ()
Date: January 09, 2019 11:53PM

I just got a recall notice for my honda, again.

Airbag...

When will foreign cars be able to compete with domestic?

Posted by: Shrapnel victims ()
Date: January 12, 2019 08:44AM

Rock solid American voter Wrote:
> It's sad that so many Americans were duped into
> buying imports.

I wonder how many people have to die or maimed for life?

Attachments:
image.jpeg

Posted by: Toe jam driver ()
Date: February 08, 2019 09:51AM

Shrapnel victims Wrote:
> Rock solid American voter Wrote:
> -----
> > It's sad that so many Americans were duped into
> > buying imports.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I wonder how many people have to die or maimed for
> life?
>
>
> .

Good question.

I just hope that takata and honda do the right thing and aologize to the American people, and the world for their lies and deception.

Posted by: tuba lips ()
Date: February 08, 2019 10:38AM

Toe jam driver Wrote:
> Shrapnel victims Wrote:
> -----
> > Rock solid American voter Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > It's sad that so many Americans were duped
> into
> > > buying imports.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > I wonder how many people have to die or maimed
> for
> > life?
> >
> >
> > .
>
>
>
> Good question.
>
>
> I just hope that takata and honda do the right
> thing and aologize to the American people, and the
> world for their lies and deception.

Good point, 24 confirmed deaths from Takata airbags.

Compare that to the 124 deaths from the GM ignition switch failure and cover up though,

"At least two GM engineers knew that the ignition switch was not working properly before these cars went to production. The cost of a proper switch was under $10. Still, the company pushed forward, driving GM straight into the annals of automotive scandal history."

http://fortune.com/2015/08/24/feinberg-gm-faulty-ignition-switch/

Posted by: Tuba lips ()
Date: February 08, 2019 11:06AM

vcjtv Wrote:
> I rent a lot of cars. Right now I have a
> Mitsubishi Mirage out. It sucks. A lot. Jap
> cars aren't all bad, but this one sure is.

Go figure.

Japanese cars are overpriced shit.

Posted by: johankimmey ()
Date: January 06, 2020 08:49PM

Motor Trend Wrote:
> I've been doing some research lately because I'm a
> first time car buyer and I'm interested in
> vehicles that stand the test of time. Not just
> mechanically, but visually as well. What good is a
> vehicle if it's rusted from the inside out, clear
> coat peeling, that type of thing.
>
> Well, all the research has led me to an
> interesting conclusion. Imports suck!
>
> This includes Japanese and especially Korean cars.
> Completely overrated, overpriced, and will end up
> looking rusty and nasty in less than 7
> years.(Likely do to with the coverup scandal
> involving Japanese steel company, 'Kobe')
> And mechanically, they don't last any longer than
> American cars/trucks and their is not one shred of
> evidence to prove otherwise.
>
> Also the most surprising discovery I made was that
> you will pay more for car insurance if you have an
> import.
>
>
> I've compiled some links of unsuspecting American
> victims of this sham, please share your stories to
> help others.
>
>
> Thank you!
> ------------
> apanese-Import-Problems&A=2706
>
> At a glance...
>
> The common problems found in Japanese imports...
> Body and paint
> Suspension and brakes
> Engine and driveline
>
> -------------
> Here's another....
> f=23&t=753283

Ahahah dude are you kidding? Japanese cars are as high quality as German ones and this is a well-known fact. I would argue that American cars are much worse than Japanese, despite the fact that I adore the GMC. My colleague told me that he was in Japan a couple of years ago and found out about the fact that many locals export cars to the United States. After that, he also thought about it and after having studied all the intricacies of import and all the information about the car on jdmimports101.com, he decided and ordered two NISSAN SKYLINE GT-Rs. He sold one car two times more expensive, and the second one rides for more than a year and this is really a very comfortable car. So Japanese cars have awesome quality.

Posted by: Liquidat1on ()
Date: January 07, 2020 08:23AM

johankimmey Wrote:
> Motor Trend Wrote:
> -----
> > I've been doing some research lately because I'm
> a
> > first time car buyer and I'm interested in
> > vehicles that stand the test of time. Not just
> > mechanically, but visually as well. What good is
> a
> > vehicle if it's rusted from the inside out,
> clear
> > coat peeling, that type of thing.
> >
> > Well, all the research has led me to an
> > interesting conclusion. Imports suck!
> >
> > This includes Japanese and especially Korean
> cars.
> > Completely overrated, overpriced, and will end
> up
> > looking rusty and nasty in less than 7
> > years.(Likely do to with the coverup scandal
> > involving Japanese steel company, 'Kobe')
> > And mechanically, they don't last any longer
> than
> > American cars/trucks and their is not one shred
> of
> > evidence to prove otherwise.
> >
> > Also the most surprising discovery I made was
> that
> > you will pay more for car insurance if you have
> an
> > import.
> >
> >
> > I've compiled some links of unsuspecting
> American
> > victims of this sham, please share your stories
> to
> > help others.
> >
> >
> > Thank you!
> > ------------
> >
>
> > apanese-Import-Problems&A=2706
> >
> > At a glance...
> >
> > The common problems found in Japanese
> imports...
> > Body and paint
> > Suspension and brakes
> > Engine and driveline
> >
> > -------------
> > Here's another....
> >
>
> > f=23&t=753283
>
> Ahahah dude are you kidding? Japanese cars are as
> high quality as German ones and this is a
> well-known fact. I would argue that American cars
> are much worse than Japanese, despite the fact
> that I adore the GMC. My colleague told me that he
> was in Japan a couple of years ago and found out
> about the fact that many locals export cars to the
> United States. After that, he also thought about
> it and after having studied all the intricacies of
> import and all the information about the car on href="https://www.jdmimports101.com/">jdmimports10
> 1.com
, he decided and ordered two NISSAN
> SKYLINE GT-Rs. He sold one car two times more
> expensive, and the second one rides for more than
> a year and this is really a very comfortable car.
> So Japanese cars have awesome quality.

I love Japanese cars and classic american

Posted by: -09sdfj ()
Date: January 07, 2020 04:14PM

allot of a car's "reliability rating" is how well they survive ABUSE BY OWNERS

people who get mechanical work done at (dealers) don't know cars and abuse them. they don't do their oil change on time. they let the battery go dead. they don't change a bad starter when it's killing their charging system, and so on

most cars have great maintenance records if they are not abused

the "car ratings" really show well a specific model did when it was abused

Posted by: Just the Facts and Truth ()
Date: January 07, 2020 04:24PM

The American cars I've had all breakdown and in and out of the shop. The Japanese cars all I've had to do was change the oil, brakes and put gas in.

Posted by: feels good ()
Date: January 07, 2020 05:24PM

I own a Lincoln and a toyota. The toyota is good for good gas mileage and reliability the Lincoln is for comfort, it's like driving around in a recliner! Yeah the Lincoln beaks down every now and then while the toyota does not but I like both cars they each serve a purpose.

Posted by: Honda fella all the way ()
Date: January 07, 2020 05:30PM

Just the Facts and Truth Wrote:
> The American cars I've had all breakdown and in
> and out of the shop. The Japanese cars all I've
> had to do was change the oil, brakes and put gas
> in.

Agree. Although hondas are really feminine, it’s all good because of my alternate lifestyle.

Attachments:
679D138D-088D-4AA3-8DD1-7765C55D6054.jpeg

Posted by: Gay parade ()
Date: January 07, 2020 07:59PM

What’s with all these gay honda dudes? Keep that shit to yourselves ya damn queers!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.