HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: Gretchen H. ()
Date: December 30, 2017 12:25PM

The internet is buzzing about Meade headlining the Sunday afternoon/early evening portion of the fair.

Rumor has is that Cracker will be going on 4:00pm and Meade Skelton at 5:30pm.

We will have to sit through Cracker to see Meade.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: Frank Hannon ()
Date: December 30, 2017 12:30PM

Will he be signing autographs? I can't wait.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: SWF Sarah from Richmond. ()
Date: December 30, 2017 12:35PM

Frank Hannon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Will he be signing autographs? I can't wait.


Hopefully!

Can you imagine the que for selfies with Meade? There will be 100s of young ladies lined up for that. He is very very popular with the sororiety/college youngin's.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: Love some Meade ()
Date: December 30, 2017 01:46PM

Hopefully there will be some kind of VIP section where we can view the stage without being in the mosh pit. They could serve sweet tea, and have a meet and greet before or after the show. I would gladly pay extra for that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: PETA Guy ()
Date: December 30, 2017 01:55PM

Lock up your giant bunnies, people, Meade is coming to town!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: MSH ()
Date: December 30, 2017 01:58PM

MERRY CHRISTMAS , EVERYONE! MY YOUTUBE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL IS COMPLETE AND AVAILABLE FOR WATCHING! I TOOK A SHORT HIATUS FROM GIGGING LATELY TO FOCUS ON OTHER PROJECTS IN MY LIFE. I AM TRYING TO COME UP WITH MORE CREATIVE IDEAS FOR FRUITION. I AM WORKING ON A SCREEN PLAY, HOPEFULLY THAT WILL COME ABOUT NEXT YEAR, BUT I'M NOT SURE. IT'S CALLED "NO MORE LONELY BIRTHDAYS". WITH THE CREATIVE PROCESS IT GOES IN SPURTS WITH ME, BUT IT'S NICE TO BRANCH OUT THAT WAY. WRITING AND COMPOSING MUSIC GIVES ME GREAT JOY. I WISH YOU ALL A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfJwWDuI19A

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: Excited ()
Date: December 30, 2017 02:00PM

I've only been to the Celegrate Fairfax event once, but will definitely make the effort to see and support Meade. Since the event takes place during warm weather, perhaps Meade will even perform some of his famous moob-flexing -- that is sure to drive the crowds wild! This is great news!
Attachments:
meades_boobs_2.gif
meade_bunny_2.gif

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: not listed on his calendar ()
Date: December 30, 2017 04:12PM

Of course, that's just his public calendar. I understand most Meade performances are somewhat exclusive, and average Joes such as myself are not even made aware of them*, much less privileged to attend.

I'm sure that his show will be a memorable gala for the elite of Fairfax society.











*in case anyone was wondering how Meade supports himself on half a dozen free concerts a year; he doesn't. The big ticket events - the ones most of us never even hear about - earn him anywhere from 25 to 50 grand for an evening's work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: #1 Meade Fan ()
Date: December 30, 2017 04:21PM

not listed on his calendar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Of course, that's just his public calendar. I
> understand most Meade performances are somewhat
> exclusive, and average Joes such as myself are not
> even made aware of them*, much less privileged to
> attend.
>
> I'm sure that his show will be a memorable gala
> for the elite of Fairfax society.
>

anyone was wondering how Meade supports
> himself on half a dozen free concerts a year; he
> doesn't. The big ticket events - the ones most of
> us never even hear about - earn him anywhere from
> 25 to 50 grand for an evening's work.

I am sure the Celebrate Fairfax people will be paying him more than $50,000. He is a much in-demand celebrity!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: Been saving my money.... ()
Date: December 30, 2017 04:31PM

As a performance bonus, my employer actually scored me a ticket to Meade's upcoming concert at Wolftrap this Feb.

I am going to buy myself the $2000 upgrade so that I can actually dine with Meade before the show. No wine of course, Meade being very strictly abstemious, but sweet tea, southern barbecue, hot baloney, collard greens, grits, macaroni, specially-commissioned Meade Mania donuts from Krispy Kreme for dessert, all while intimately enjoying the wit and wisdom of Meade!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: Inallhonesty ()
Date: December 30, 2017 05:03PM

He will be one of the few legit people they have ever had play there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: FFU Meetup at Meade's Concert ()
Date: December 30, 2017 05:29PM

So is this the site? :


http://celebratefairfax.com/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: It's very prestigious ()
Date: December 30, 2017 07:18PM

The ticket to Celebrate Fairfax does NOT get you in to see Meade.

You'd better have some pretty high-level connections if you want to attend that show.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: Fairfax Taxpayer ()
Date: December 30, 2017 08:06PM

It's very prestigious Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The ticket to Celebrate Fairfax does NOT get you
> in to see Meade.
>
> You'd better have some pretty high-level
> connections if you want to attend that show.


The damn people at Celebrate Fairfax. I used to go every year and pay my admission to see such mediocre acts like Blue Oyster Cult, The Fixx, the B-52s, Everclear, Living Color.

Now they finally have an act I want to see, Meade Skelton, and I have to have connections to see it.

Fuck you, Celebrate Fairfax, FUCK YOU!

I say we organize a complete boycott of the whole fair unless the Meade Skelton show is open to all!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: FFXUlegends ()
Date: December 30, 2017 08:15PM

Fairfax Taxpayer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's very prestigious Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The ticket to Celebrate Fairfax does NOT get
> you
> > in to see Meade.
> >
> > You'd better have some pretty high-level
> > connections if you want to attend that show.
>
>
> The damn people at Celebrate Fairfax. I used to go
> every year and pay my admission to see such
> mediocre acts like Blue Oyster Cult, The Fixx, the
> B-52s, Everclear, Living Color.
>
> Now they finally have an act I want to see, Meade
> Skelton, and I have to have connections to see it.
>
>
> Fuck you, Celebrate Fairfax, FUCK YOU!
>
> I say we organize a complete boycott of the whole
> fair unless the Meade Skelton show is open to all!


Contact Barry Feil and write a nasty letter. He turned down Meade several years in a row. If you see the lousy line up, Meade would actually be a decent act for once. One year they had "The Fix" - a forgetten '80s . They tried to open with "One thing leads to another" and well, it didn't.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: You won't believe who's coming.. ()
Date: December 30, 2017 10:09PM

Meade has asked PRESIDENT TRUMP himself to attend the Celebrate Fairfax performance, maybe even join him up on stage for some light banter. A high-level spoeksperson at the White House has announced that, while no promises can be made, the President being such a busy man, Donald Trump is thrilled at the prospect of catching Meade live, and WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE 'if he is in town and the country is not under nuclear attack'. The spokesperson elaborated, 'As far as President Trump is concerned, he is making America great again, and is delighted that Meade is making American Music great again.'

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: You won't believe who's coming.. ()
Date: December 30, 2017 10:09PM

Meade has asked PRESIDENT TRUMP himself to attend the Celebrate Fairfax performance, maybe even join him up on stage for some light banter. A high-level spoeksperson at the White House has announced that, while no promises can be made, the President being such a busy man, Donald Trump is thrilled at the prospect of catching Meade live, and WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE 'if he is in town and the country is not under nuclear attack'. The spokesperson elaborated, 'As far as President Trump is concerned, he is making America great again, and is delighted that Meade is making American Music great again.'

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: Do you think ()
Date: December 30, 2017 10:17PM

Fairfax Taxpayer Wrote:

> I say we organize a complete boycott of the whole
> fair unless the Meade Skelton show is open to all!


If all of Meade's fans, both of them, don't attend, will the boycott will even be noticed?
Attachments:
5180300999_8fd2b7403f_z.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: Date please ()
Date: December 30, 2017 10:23PM

Do they know what day is Meade playing, Fri, Sat, or Sun?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: Historian ()
Date: December 30, 2017 11:58PM

Date please Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do they know what day is Meade playing, Fri, Sat,
> or Sun?

Don't be stupid! Meade fans are not stupid. Read the first post.

Gretchen H. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The internet is buzzing about Meade headlining the
> Sunday afternoon/early evening portion of the
> fair.
>
> Rumor has is that Cracker will be going on 4:00pm
> and Meade Skelton at 5:30pm.
>
> We will have to sit through Cracker to see Meade.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: Official ()
Date: December 31, 2017 12:18AM

Meade Skelton is not on the list of performers who will be playing at this event.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: learn to fucking read. ()
Date: December 31, 2017 12:25AM

They don't advertise Meade concerts to just ANYBODY.

You need to be fairly connected even to know when he will be performing. As mentioned above, President Trump himself hopes to be in the audience, perhaps even briefly up on stage, for Meade's Fairfax event. They are going to scrutinize potential audience members for social desirability. Oh, and if you even have to ask how much tickets will be, you can't afford them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: whoa there ()
Date: December 31, 2017 12:31AM

Official Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Meade Skelton is not on the list of performers who
> will be playing at this event.

Bullshit. There has not been a list of performers released yet. Perhaps the individual performers themselves know because they have contracts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: I'm More Official ()
Date: December 31, 2017 12:47AM

whoa there Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Official Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Meade Skelton is not on the list of performers
> who
> > will be playing at this event.
>
> Bullshit. There has not been a list of performers
> released yet. Perhaps the individual performers
> themselves know because they have contracts.


Friday Good Charlotte and Sub Radio
Saturday Sugar Ray
Sunday Cracker and Meade Skelton.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: I'm a bouncer at the event ()
Date: December 31, 2017 12:53AM

If you try to get into the Meade Skelton show without a special pass, I will skull fuck you.
Attachments:
nslayer2.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: #1 Meade Fan ()
Date: December 31, 2017 01:02AM

I'm a bouncer at the event Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you try to get into the Meade Skelton show
> without a special pass, I will skull fuck you.


What's a Meade Skelton fan to do?

I am so upset I will have to jump through hoops to *maybe* get a pass to his show.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: Waffle this ()
Date: January 01, 2018 07:44AM

I saw Meade Skelton live when they had the grand re-opening of the Waffle house in Ruther Glen after it had been remodeled. I think that was in 2013. Exciting stuff!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking News!!!! Meade Skelton will be at Celebrate Fairfax 2018
Posted by: celebrate or PYBRate? ()
Date: January 01, 2018 09:05PM

miz is in the nuthut for his own PYBRotection.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **     **  ********        **  ********  **     ** 
  **   **   **              **  **    **  ***   *** 
   ** **    **              **      **    **** **** 
    ***     ******          **     **     ** *** ** 
   ** **    **        **    **    **      **     ** 
  **   **   **        **    **    **      **     ** 
 **     **  ********   ******     **      **     ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.