HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Our Forefathers Gave Us a Great Wordrobe
Posted by: Great Wordrobe ()
Date: October 18, 2017 11:28AM

Like so many of the people around me, I too worry about our current leadership (and I know others worried under Obama). But I feel like our forefathers set up a government with this in mind. I feel like we have a great wardrobe of things to try on to see what we like and what works. With Trump I feel like we are trying a vintage suit on that some of feel was obviously unattractive and wouldnt fit but here we stand in front of the mirror deciding - is this right for us?

Like all taste, some look in the mirror and like what they see. The ones who thought it looked ugly on the rack no doubt still think so if not more. Still others weren't sure but were willing to try the Trump-as-President suit on for size - after all, the option was a well-worn tweed that looked too worn out.

In their wisdom the founders of this country gave us this option to change, the option to try different leaders and representatives. These options, like a great closet allow us to change our clothing as the seasons change, as the age of out country changes. So here we are almost a year later, looking at the mirror. I think for most of us we are deciding this is just not the right look or fit. Many of us are shaking our heads with arms folded thinking 'I told you this wouldnt work before we put it on.' Either way Im grateful we get to change - I hope this time there will be something in the closet of finer quality that we all will like to wear.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Our Forefathers Gave Us a Great Wordrobe
Posted by: Hfco ()
Date: October 18, 2017 11:45AM

Intresting post

Re: Our Forefathers Gave Us a Great Wordrobe
Posted by: tmuyx ()
Date: October 18, 2017 12:52PM

positive outlook on a grim situation.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.