HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Look At The Swine Flue Debacle To See The Future Of GOV. Run Health Care
Posted by: Bill P. ()
Date: November 11, 2009 02:31PM

The new era of government control over our lives and freedoms has begun. This week, it got personal, and I felt helpless.

The doctor overseeing my health care advised me to get an H1N1 flu shot. I've been under a six-year treatment program for a chronic infection, plus I have heart and lung problems. Therefore, I am considered a high risk. Fortunately, my doctor had three shots available, but I would have to get approval from my county health department. Much to my surprise, the woman at the health department apologized and told me that even though I was a senior citizen at high risk, the health department had been instructed to approve shots only for children and pregnant mothers. I asked when a shot for my situation might be available. "We really don't know. Check back with us sometime in December."

What? The terrorist detainees in Gitmo are getting shots this month. Why not a high-risk senior citizen?

Mr. Obama, this is what we call health care rationing, which you claim won't happen under a government-run health care program.

If George W. Bush was considered the Barney Fife of executive power, then welcome to the Chicago-style politics of the new Vito Corleone family. The president himself, like a strong-armed enforcer, said in a nationally televised speech, "If you misrepresent anything in this plan, I will call you out." This administration has turned the once dignified and esteemed Oval Office into a war room for its liberal propaganda.

On his first day in office, the president signed the Ethics Commitments by Executive Branch Personnel executive order. During the campaign he vowed to keep lobbyists out of the administration. But in Section 3 of this order is a waiver clause. The director of the Office of Management and Budget "may grant" a written waiver of any restrictions. Former lobbyists were given waivers and now hold key positions in government. Mr. Obama, you lied.

At the same time lobbyists were coming in the front door, dozens of new unvetted, hand-picked ideologues were being shuttled in the back door. Many of these people were placed in key policymaking positions. U.S. Sen. Susan Collins of Maine was worried about 18 of these unvetted czars, 10 of whom worked in the White House. An amendment to force these appointees to testify in oversight hearings was shot down by the Democratic leadership. Collins was especially concerned about Carol Browner, who negotiated fuel-economy standards with the auto industry. She even sent a letter to Obama, and one of his counsels replied that no one would be made available. This administration fears no one, especially a senator who dares to enforce something as minor as checks and balances. Obama promised transparency. He lied.

On the topic of transparency, the $787 billion stimulus bill was a progressive Trojan horse. It's loaded with political favors and programs that set up the infrastructure for education, health care and climate change. It was passed and signed in a matter of weeks. This was not a bill to put Americans back to work. Obama said it would produce 3.5 million jobs in two years. Over the past year the administration has changed its story daily but finally settled on the "create or save" propaganda. Obama also said the bill would keep unemployment under 8 percent. The rate has climbed to over 10 percent. Either his economic advisers are incompetent and need to be fired, or, once again, Mr. President, you lied.

Mr. President, you said you didn't want to run our car companies and banks, but you do. With the $350 billion in TARP funds left by President Bush, Obama's people continued the surge of bailouts. Americans might be shocked to know the recipients of bailout money now total 727 institutions. This government control in the private sector is unprecedented.

Government-run health care, card check, cap-and-trade, net neutrality, control of radio stations and possible newspaper bailouts are just part of this administration's agenda.

It's time for Americans to get in this government's face and call it out. This coup d'etat can be defeated. We have the numbers, the votes and the will power to turn back this assault on our individual freedoms.

With 15 million unemployed Americans, I'm sure we can find a few willing patriots to fill all those upcoming vacant seats in Washington, especially with an annual salary of $170,000, office, staff, insurance, expense account and, best of all, a three-day workweek. The only requirements for this job are honesty, integrity and a love of country.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Look At The Swine Flue Debacle To See The Future Of GOV. Run Health Care
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: November 11, 2009 02:38PM

The shots aren't available because the suppliers couldn't produce what they promised they would. The private sector failed, not the government.

Posted by: scrum ()
Date: November 11, 2009 02:39PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The shots aren't available because the suppliers
> couldn't produce what they promised they would.
> The private sector failed, not the government.

+1. Another WingNUT fail!

Date: November 11, 2009 02:48PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:

Actually, there's virtually no profit from producing vaccines. If it were up to the free market, there would be no vaccinations at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 11, 2009 05:49PM

source: http://www.semissourian.com/story/1586060.html

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: November 11, 2009 06:40PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:

+1

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Posted by: Grexample ()
Date: November 17, 2009 06:57AM

Are you saying that, if it were up to the free market, there'd be no demand for a flu vaccine? That's the only way there'd be no vaccinations in a free market. Unbelievable, the economic ignorance of the Left... O-bots...

Date: November 17, 2009 07:04AM

The market didn't fail. The price paid by the government was too low, given the government's special order of so many single-shot vaccinations because of irrational fear of preservatives used in multi-shot containers. Single shots are much more expensive to produce. The liberals are just learning there's no free lunch. Liberals... What a bunch of economic Neanderthals!

Date: November 17, 2009 07:08AM

Correct that! Liberals are experiencing via the flu vaccine that there's no free lunch, but they won't learn a thing. When such people actually start learning economics, they stop being liberals. This vaccine thing, obviously, is just going right over their heads, the morons...

Posted by: dono ()
Date: November 17, 2009 07:10AM

1. What ever happened to 'women and children first?' You are a sissy, a coward and certainly no gentleman.

2. how long ago would you have died if you had no health care?

3. boo hoo - you can't cut in line to take a shot away from a child or a woman. Maybe you should not be such a loser and work for Goldman Sachs (example of private sector care).

You know maybe if the elite private sector did not provision the shots for their healthy middle-aged men and women there would be enough for women, children AND the infirm...

dummy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2009 08:46AM by dono.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.