HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Suggest places for retirement
Posted by: Southern Breeze ()
Date: September 12, 2017 10:13PM

I will be retiring in 2022. I will be 62. I will have a nice retirement income from several different revenue streams which will be around $5000/month. I will be selling my house in NOVA and should net about $300,000. I wont have any wife or kids to deal with.

My choices so far are Costa Rica, Florida Keys, Panama or Jamaica.

The only place I have really researched is Costa Rica which seems very affordable, almost cheap. People down there can live like a king for $2500/month. Good health care. No snow.Lots of good food and booze. Cheap hookers.

I have visited Jamaica and that may be a little too wild for me. But its also cheap cost of living.

Florida Keys would allow me to stay in the USA but that's not critical.

Dont know anything about Panama except there are a lot of Americans there.

Anybody have any info on these places, pros and cons? Or other suggestions? And I'm not worried about hurricanes so dont even go there. If I die in a hurricane Oh well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Suggest places for retirement
Posted by: Costa Rica Berry Berry Nice ()
Date: September 12, 2017 10:21PM

A friend of mine moved to Costa Rica about 5 years ago. Ive been there a couple times on vacation to visit. Fucked a different teenage girl every night for about $45 a pop. Now he had a connection that supplied hot young girls. But there are plenty of fat pigs too.

If you like seafood and fucking teenage girls, you will be happy until you die. Oh and the natives really love Americans and will do anything to help you.

Posted by: Fsds445444 ()
Date: September 12, 2017 10:30PM

Costra Rica all the way.. Do not consider Nywhete else.

I took out a heloc loan back in 2006 and bought a place here with the loan. Inlet my house in the states go into foreclosed. I live here free...

Posted by: ease the seat back ()
Date: September 12, 2017 11:06PM

always gotta laugh at people who project they'll retire to a place like panama or costa rica based on some "top ten places to retire list" they saw. unless you have a real reason to repatriate yourself at that point in life don't bother. brush up on that spanish about 10 years before you retire, you'll need it. and be prepared to live in a foreign culture. i worked with a guy who retired a bit early and moved to panama after his wife passed. two years later he was back up here looking for work and then eventually moved down to pensacola into some mobile home park. he was a guy who seemed to have some money too.

Posted by: Uncle Sampson ()
Date: September 12, 2017 11:08PM

Why didn't you just sell your home and use the equity? It's not like the HELOC would have gotten you any more than the existing principle anyway?

Posted by: very sad ()
Date: September 12, 2017 11:14PM

the posters on this thread and threads like it are very sad....addicted to sex after losing everything and not even having families due to their sick addictions...

Jesus saves, satan enslaves...remember it when you hit bottom and you realize your pleasures have enslaved you

Posted by: Obviously... ()
Date: September 12, 2017 11:38PM

Uncle Sampson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why didn't you just sell your home and use the
> equity? It's not like the HELOC would have gotten
> you any more than the existing principle anyway?

Because it's a bullshit story that they made up.

Posted by: Dive.bomber ()
Date: September 13, 2017 07:10AM

very sad Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the posters on this thread and threads like it are
> very sad....addicted to sex after losing
> everything and not even having families due to
> their sick addictions...
>
> Jesus saves, satan enslaves...remember it when you
> hit bottom and you realize your pleasures have
> enslaved you

Truth.

Posted by: Calling Suckadick ()
Date: September 13, 2017 07:29AM

Friend of mine retired to Belize. He got a nice house in a planned community right on the ocean. Cost of living was lower than the US and his retirement went further. But........

Internet was much slower than in the US
Electricity wasn't a given with blackouts at least a couple of times a week
Builders down there work at their own schedule and pace, including for roads and other infrastructure
No real grocery stores like up here, more like smaller markets either on the roadside or globbed together in a village square
Cost to ship stuff is extremely high. Amazon shipping is $100 and regular mail delivery is spotty

Posted by: sexpats ()
Date: September 13, 2017 10:02AM

Just know if you move to Costa Rica, you will never really fit in. The educated locals look down on sexpats, your only "friends" poorly educated whores who are just after your money. Personally the sex thing would be fun for about 1 week, and then what? It's not all that cheap, there are cheaper places to live in the U.S. You will be far from living like a king on $2,500 a month. Rent and pussy is cheaper, everything else is about the same or even more expensive.

If you want to live like a king on $2,500 you will have to go somewhere far shittier, like the Philippines or Bolivia.

Posted by: fumkj ()
Date: September 13, 2017 02:23PM

Go wherever you want, you can always fly the hoes in from wherever.

As the housing, student loan, and auto loan bubbles crash, more young tail right here in the US are gonna have to make a choice to keep paying their bills as jobs get automated too- and you can profit off that if you do it right.

All i will say about that. ;)

Posted by: O'Really ()
Date: September 13, 2017 02:41PM

I'm sure you cant get something pretty cheap in the Florida Keys right now!

My parents have friends in CR. They love it. They are white and are not discriminated against by the locals. And you certainly don't need to know Spanish.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.