HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: 1 year ()
Date: November 04, 2009 11:28PM

so obama has been in power for ONE YEAR, and he has nothing but excuses and no results. It was one thing to blame bush in month one, or two..but its been ONE YEAR and they are STILL blaming bush! I voted for obama, but i feel i got ripped off. this guy is fucking n00b and it shows crystal clear now. one year of scrutinization shows this to be true

one year. no change. WTF

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 04, 2009 11:58PM

well... he did win a nobel peace prize. :)


"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: November 05, 2009 12:54AM

1 year Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> one year. no change. WTF



Dow Jones Industrials Average -

Inauguration Day: 7949

Today: 9802

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 05, 2009 03:58AM

Eastsider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dow Jones Industrials Average -
>
> Inauguration Day: 7949
>
> Today: 9802


not all correlations are cause and effect.


"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540
Attachments:
pirateday.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Date: November 05, 2009 04:53AM

one year is not really enough time to label a president a failure or a success.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: Joe Wilson ()
Date: November 05, 2009 05:36AM

1 year Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so obama has been in power for ONE YEAR, and he
> has nothing but excuses and no results. It was one
> thing to blame bush in month one, or two..but its
> been ONE YEAR and they are STILL blaming bush! I
> voted for obama, but i feel i got ripped off. this
> guy is fucking n00b and it shows crystal clear
> now. one year of scrutinization shows this to be
> true
>
> one year. no change. WTF


YOU LIE!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: Ralph Brooks ()
Date: November 05, 2009 06:32AM

un-fairfax aboveground Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> one year is not really enough time to label a
> president a failure or a success.


How about looking at his promises kept, promises broken/compromised meter (i.e., Obamameter)?



http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/politics/2009/November/Tracking-Obamas-Campaign-Promise-Checklist/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: November 05, 2009 07:07AM

Well lets see...

1. He has overturned out dated stem cell research rules
2. He has begun to turn around the US economy. Remember guys...that's all he should be doing according to most
3. He has turned around most the world's opinion of us
4. He has kept us on target for the eventual withdrawal from Iraq
5. He has started and is close to completing a major health care bill
6. He has started a discussion and will have a much needed energy policy
7. He has turned us into a socialist state....according to the pundits you all evidently listen to

One of you geniouses should compare that wuith other presidiencies.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: November 05, 2009 07:27AM

Well, he did do the following:

1) Extended the Patriot Act with it's very popular warrantless wiretapping and other surveillance measures.

2) Continued Bush's lead on giving our money to failed banks and corporations. He probably outdid George by a long shot.

3) Sent 17,000 more troops to Afghanistan and will probably be sending some more shortly.

So, yeah, "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2009 07:28AM by trogdor!.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: Sad but true ()
Date: November 05, 2009 08:24AM

People will defend him and only because he is black

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Date: November 05, 2009 09:31AM

That Politifact site is pretty good. Let's see how Michelle Bachmann rates on the truth meter....

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/personalities/michele-bachmann/statements/


....Not too good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: dono ()
Date: November 05, 2009 09:49AM

Im impatient too.

I do think the magnitude of 'undoing' the previous 8 years is very easy to underestimate. An example from my own experience: a friend of mine works of the Pentagon. He specializes in relations with the Baltics. He was office-bound for the 8 years under Bush - no travel. Immediately after Jan. 20 he has been traveling 10 days a month (thats a lot when you have to go half way around the world for multiple trips. He is tired but energized that he can do his job. btw he is ex-military and conservative.

I think a lot of the changes are hard to see because so much of what Bush did (or did not do) was behind the scenes. Re-forming international relations has been outstanding.

I still see Obama as a conservative Democrat - I wish he were more liberal but I guess for the first time in a while we have a President trying to represent some of both sides.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Date: November 05, 2009 09:49AM

Gravis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Eastsider Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Dow Jones Industrials Average -
> >
> > Inauguration Day: 7949
> >
> > Today: 9802
>
> not all correlations are cause and effect.

HOLY SHIT WE NEED MORE PIRATES!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Date: November 05, 2009 09:54AM

trogdor! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, he did do the following:
>
> 1) Extended the Patriot Act with it's very popular
> warrantless wiretapping and other surveillance
> measures.

Yes - I'm VERY unhappy about that.

> 2) Continued Bush's lead on giving our money to
> failed banks and corporations. He probably outdid
> George by a long shot.

I'm not sure that McCain, who stopped his campaign in order to make sure the Stimulus bill (whatever it was called at the time) went through would have done any different.

I think that we were screwed either way; if we did nothing, we go into a depression. This avenue leads us into hyperinflation...Maybe like the 70's-80's if we are lucky...If we aren't, then it's Wheimer time...

> 3) Sent 17,000 more troops to Afghanistan and will
> probably be sending some more shortly.

Yes - I'm VERY unhappy about that.

> So, yeah, "Meet the new boss, same as the old
> boss"

I'm also unhappy about his inability to deal with 'don't ask, don't tell' and a few other barbaric laws. I will give him a plus on Stem Cells and almost one on his education reforms...

I think that if health care isn't passed soon, then we aren't getting it.

And if that's the case, then exactly what was the point of voting for Obama?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: November 05, 2009 10:28AM

It hasn't been a year yet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: Ralph Brooks ()
Date: November 05, 2009 10:36AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That Politifact site is pretty good. Let's see how
> Michelle Bachmann rates on the truth meter....
>
> http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/personalit
> ies/michele-bachmann/statements/
>
>
> ....Not too good.


What's that diversion got to do with the topic of this thread?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: Progressive ()
Date: November 05, 2009 10:51AM

Ralph Brooks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That Politifact site is pretty good. Let's see
> how
> > Michelle Bachmann rates on the truth meter....
> >
> >
> http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/personalit
>
> > ies/michele-bachmann/statements/
> >
> >
> > ....Not too good.
>
>
> What's that diversion got to do with the topic of
> this thread?

Don't you know, Michelle bachman is not only a representative from MN, she is also President of the US.

Actually, you are right, it has nothing to do with the conversation at hand, but it is extremely difficult to defend Obama's administration thus far and it is easier to go after the critics.

Expecting people to actually talk about issues these days is next to impossible.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Date: November 05, 2009 12:15PM

Ralph Brooks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That Politifact site is pretty good. Let's see
> how
> > Michelle Bachmann rates on the truth meter....
> >
> >
> http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/personalit
>
> > ies/michele-bachmann/statements/
> >
> >
> > ....Not too good.
>
>
> What's that diversion got to do with the topic of
> this thread?


Not meant as a diversion. Just stating a fact. Michelle Bachmann is a liar.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Date: November 05, 2009 12:17PM

Progressive Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Don't you know, Michelle bachman is not only a
> representative from MN, she is also President of
> the US.
>
> Actually, you are right, it has nothing to do with
> the conversation at hand, but it is extremely
> difficult to defend Obama's administration thus
> far and it is easier to go after the critics.
>
> Expecting people to actually talk about issues
> these days is next to impossible.

You might have a point if it weren't for the fact I have pointed out problems with Obama's administration. I was merely pointing out that Bachmann is not only crazy...she's also a liar.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: dono ()
Date: November 05, 2009 12:54PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: November 05, 2009 02:02PM

un-fairfax aboveground Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> one year is not really enough time to label a
> president a failure or a success.

Yeah... I remember all the folks bashing Bush for the recession before 9/11. He was totally to blame - and it hadn't even been 6 months. Yet the recession started before Clinton left office.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Date: November 05, 2009 02:13PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> un-fairfax aboveground Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > one year is not really enough time to label a
> > president a failure or a success.
>
> Yeah... I remember all the folks bashing Bush for
> the recession before 9/11. He was totally to blame
> - and it hadn't even been 6 months. Yet the
> recession started before Clinton left office.


That was the prior Bush's recession! It just hadn't caught up yet!

;-p

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: November 05, 2009 02:17PM

Professor Pangloss Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> That was the prior Bush's recession! It just
> hadn't caught up yet!
>
> ;-p

Ah.... now it all makes sense...

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 05, 2009 03:14PM

Professor Pangloss Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gravis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Eastsider Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Dow Jones Industrials Average -
> > >
> > > Inauguration Day: 7949
> > >
> > > Today: 9802
> >
> > not all correlations are cause and effect.
>
> HOLY SHIT WE NEED MORE PIRATES!



file.php?40,file=3517
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: lee lou ()
Date: November 06, 2009 08:49PM

obama is a communist...he does not have to do anything that the masses want
because he believes he is a dictator

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: November 06, 2009 11:11PM

Ah yes. A well thought out argument by someone with a clear understanding of what "Communism" and "Dictators" are.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: RestonLass ()
Date: November 07, 2009 07:28AM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Well lets see...

>1. He has overturned out dated stem cell research rules

We can give him that one.


>2. He has begun to turn around the US economy. Remember guys...that's all he should be doing according to most

Have you even looked at the Unemployment and Stock Market numbers?


>3. He has turned around most the world's opinion of us

Yet Pakistan and Iraq are being blown up bit by bit – and the rest of the world hasn’t changed much – it doesn’t care anymore now than it did when Bush was in office.


>4. He has kept us on target for the eventual withdrawal from Iraq

The operative word is “eventual” – that could mean one year to 10. Hint: Withdrawal usually doesn’t include adding more troops.


>5. He has started and is close to completing a major health care bill

This is not a health care bill – it’s a health INSURANCE bill. The only breath of fresh air is that 2010 and 2012 are just around the corner and when Congress is returned to the Republicans, a realistic heath insurance plan will be introduced that works, will not add to the deficit or increase taxes.


>6. He has started a discussion and will have a much needed energy policy

Energy conservation has been the topic of discussion for a while, and I have the tax credits to prove it.


>7. He has turned us into a socialist state....according to the pundits you all evidently listen to

He’s trying to turn the US into a Plantation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: I hate Bible Thumpers ()
Date: November 07, 2009 08:29AM

RestonLass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> >2. He has begun to turn around the US economy.
> Remember guys...that's all he should be doing
> according to most
>
> Have you even looked at the Unemployment and Stock
> Market numbers?

Stock Market is 10000+, what is your point? More importantly, we're out of the recession. Job loss is reducing. It will rebound next year as a lagging indicator.


>
>
> >5. He has started and is close to completing a
> major health care bill
>
> This is not a health care bill – it’s a health
> INSURANCE bill. The only breath of fresh air is
> that 2010 and 2012 are just around the corner and
> when Congress is returned to the Republicans, a
> realistic heath insurance plan will be introduced
> that works, will not add to the deficit or
> increase taxes.

Here's the GOP healthcare cliff notes: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2009/nov/05/gop-health-care-reform-simple-explanation/

What I find funny is that the GOP bitch and scream about Medicare being so expensive but make it a point to demonize the dems for wanting to trim the fat.

>
> >6. He has started a discussion and will have a
> much needed energy policy
>
> Energy conservation has been the topic of
> discussion for a while, and I have the tax credits
> to prove it.
>

So has Healthcare Reform.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: RestonLass ()
Date: November 07, 2009 08:59AM

I hate Bible Thumpers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

Reply to your comments Vince:


>Stock Market is 10000+, what is your point? More importantly, we're out of the recession. Job loss is reducing. It will rebound next year as a lagging indicator.

The market doesn't represent the economy, it actually only represents the financial world of the very few



>5. He has started and is close to completing a major health care bill --- What I find funny is that the GOP bitch and scream about Medicare being so expensive but make it a point to demonize the dems for wanting to trim the fat.

The Dems want to move seniors into Hospice which restricts their access to new drugs and trials – this is a significant reduction in health care costs that the Dems call “trimming the fat.” Just one of many misconceptions that Seniors picked up on early on which is why AARP is not the Senior Membership of Choice.

The Republicans have said from the very beginning that national regulations for the insurance industyr that allows a national market for health care will reduce risk (by spreading it over 300M vs a few million within a state) and therefore costs. It add nothing to the deficit nor does it increase taxes.


>6. He has started a discussion and will have a much needed energy policy - So has Healthcare Reform.

And what have those discussions produced? Energy dicussions produced intentive programs that resulted a change of energy use at the individual level and tax credits. Health care reform discussion produced nothing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: I hate Bible Thumpers ()
Date: November 07, 2009 09:34AM

RestonLass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hate Bible Thumpers Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> Reply to your comments Vince:

Actually I'm not Vince.

>
>
> >Stock Market is 10000+, what is your point? More
> importantly, we're out of the recession. Job loss
> is reducing. It will rebound next year as a
> lagging indicator.
>
> The market doesn't represent the economy, it
> actually only represents the financial world of
> the very few
>
I believe the SM capitalization is around 10T now down from about 25T a few years ago. Given that our GDP is around 15T, it's a good measure. To that, most everyone's 401k is invested in it as well as all the people that own your loans are players in it.

>
>
> >5. He has started and is close to completing a
> major health care bill --- What I find funny is
> that the GOP bitch and scream about Medicare being
> so expensive but make it a point to demonize the
> dems for wanting to trim the fat.
>
> The Dems want to move seniors into Hospice which
> restricts their access to new drugs and trials –
> this is a significant reduction in health care
> costs that the Dems call “trimming the fat.” Just
> one of many misconceptions that Seniors picked up
> on early on which is why AARP is not the Senior
> Membership of Choice.

Blah blah. Seriously, show me a link from a reliable source and let's start from there otherwise you're just channeling Glen Beck. Again, I laugh at how the GOP screams about wasteful spending in Medicare but don't dare lift a finger when the chance arises.

>
> The Republicans have said from the very beginning
> that national regulations for the insurance
> industyr that allows a national market for health
> care will reduce risk (by spreading it over 300M
> vs a few million within a state) and therefore
> costs. It add nothing to the deficit nor does it
> increase taxes.

300M is the number of people in the US. Did you read the link I sent? Their bill will only cover 3M more people by 2019 (vs the 36M that the dems bill would do).

>
>
> >6. He has started a discussion and will have a
> much needed energy policy - So has Healthcare
> Reform.
>
> And what have those discussions produced? Energy
> dicussions produced intentive programs that
> resulted a change of energy use at the individual
> level and tax credits. Health care reform
> discussion produced nothing.

Man you guys want everything overnight while you make excuses for the last 8yrs. Here are some facts to chew on:

Of the last 4 presidents and a 10T deficit starting Jan 09, 3 were republicans and 1 democrats. Reagan drove the national deficit up by 3x (900B->2.7B) during his tenure. GWB added 5T. All told they accounted for around 8T of the 10T mentioned. Given that, what makes you think they know anything about the economy except how to borrow and spend? All this crap about adding to the deficit is little hypocritical given the last 20yrs of GOP presidents don't you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 07, 2009 11:04AM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 2. He has begun to turn around the US economy.
> Remember guys...that's all he should be doing
> according to most


not all correlations are cause and effect.

file.php?40,file=11574,filename=pirateda
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: dono ()
Date: November 07, 2009 11:09AM

Gravis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vince(1) Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 2. He has begun to turn around the US economy.
>
> > Remember guys...that's all he should be doing
> > according to most
>
> not all correlations are cause and effect.
>
>
non sequitur but you knew that you clever elf-turd

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 07, 2009 11:13AM

dono Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> non sequitur but you knew that you clever elf-turd


1) vince claimed the cause was obama and the effect was the economy was getting better
2) i states not all correlations are cause and effect.
3) i posted an example of a correlation that is not cause and effect... actually, that's debatable :P


do you still think it's a non-sequitur?


"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: foghorn leghorn ()
Date: November 07, 2009 02:40PM

He was president elect til Jan 20, 2009 douchebag.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: November 07, 2009 03:07PM

un-fairfax aboveground Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> one year is not really enough time to label a
> president a failure or a success.

Right on. When you consider the state of utter disrepair this nation is in, I think it's foolish to believe things are going to change in any meaningful way over the course of about ten months. To me, this is a symptom of the petty, modern American need for instant gratification. And if you were stupid enough to look up at that Barack Obama "Hope" poster and think 'hey, this guy is going to save the world', then you are completely divorced from reality. Politricks don't work that way. There are no knights in shining armor, no saviors, no messiahs...only presidents and crime ministers working for the shitstem. We had eight years of madness, chaos and stupidity--it's foolish to think that kind of damage can be reversed in one year.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: Rumplestilkskin ()
Date: November 07, 2009 05:50PM

un-fairfax aboveground Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> one year is not really enough time to label a
> president a failure or a success.


Sure it is, particularly when a president is ineptly qualified for the position like this one is and comes in with stupid ideas.

You can wait for more than a year, but even then it would be as likely he'd be a success as Wolf Blitzer would be if he were to compete on Celebrity Jeopardy. Not likely.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: November 07, 2009 06:22PM

foghorn leghorn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He was president elect til Jan 20, 2009 douchebag.


This can not be stated enough. The premise for this entire thread is flawed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: Historic change under Obama ()
Date: January 25, 2016 05:38PM

1 year Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so obama has been in power for ONE YEAR, and he
> has nothing but excuses and no results. It was one
> thing to blame bush in month one, or two..but its
> been ONE YEAR and they are STILL blaming bush! I
> voted for obama, but i feel i got ripped off. this
> guy is fucking n00b and it shows crystal clear
> now. one year of scrutinization shows this to be
> true
>
> one year. no change. WTF


No more pre-existing conditions. Gays can marry. 15 million more jobs. Manufacturing has returned to the US. Russia is dirt poor. China is failing. The US is the world's best economy. Iran and the US are not on the brink of war. We can travel to Cuba without going through Canada.

Things changed, you just didn't like it faggot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: Vexxxed ()
Date: January 26, 2016 07:42AM

No more pre-existing conditions. - Why turn anyone down when you can double or triple your income?

Gays can marry. - And? They can divorce too. But before he was for it, he was against it.

15 million more jobs.- Too bad we really needed 30 million new jobs to keep up.

Manufacturing has returned to the US. - Can you really count Solyndra and Fisker as successes?

Russia is dirt poor. China is failing. - Good job. That's why he was elected right? To tell us that we are now part of the world economy then kill off the rest of the world? Who exactly do you think those countries will turn to if their economies do fail? Your pockets, that is if you have a job.

The US is the world's best economy. - It was before he was elected and has been for longer than any of us have been alive. However, being the best of the worst is still bad.

Iran and the US are not on the brink of war.- How can we go to war with a faction we designed and armed?

We can travel to Cuba without going through Canada. - And? Michael Moore is pleased about this. When was the last time you were in Cuba? When is your next planned trip? And what the fuck does this have to do with anything? Cuba's economy has been failing for decades. All Obama did was find another place to send our money to without our permission.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: djp9D ()
Date: January 26, 2016 08:14AM

China is right on our heels and isn't funding their economy with trillions in debt like we are. Our economy is a shell game of free paper that the Fed is having printed to prop up the market, banks and what industry we have left.

Watch the movie The Big Short to get a feel or how this country's economy now operates - free money and empty promises, all wrapped up in lies and deceit. Michael Burry, the guy who first shorted the US housing market and predicted the entire economic meltdown is now saying we are doing the exact thing we did back then and it's going to be even worse this time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 year of obama. NO CHANGE. FACT
Posted by: Great Movie ()
Date: January 26, 2016 09:16AM

djp9D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> China is right on our heels and isn't funding
> their economy with trillions in debt like we are.
> Our economy is a shell game of free paper that the
> Fed is having printed to prop up the market, banks
> and what industry we have left.
>
> Watch the movie The Big Short to get a feel or how
> this country's economy now operates - free money
> and empty promises, all wrapped up in lies and
> deceit. Michael Burry, the guy who first shorted
> the US housing market and predicted the entire
> economic meltdown is now saying we are doing the
> exact thing we did back then and it's going to be
> even worse this time.

I also saw the movie "The Big Short" and couldn't believe how full the theater was. So the message has been getting to many. Now, all that remains is whether they were able to digest what happened and believe that another giant bubble could burst.

On the discussion of the DOW on this forum a few weeks back, apparently, The Washington Post felt that the DOW would drop to 14,000. A poster here felt it would be much closer to 12,000.

Now, we're faced with facts on rail shipments - and how their businesses are facing a big drop-off and many trains remain parked.

More evidence of another coming economic meltdown? You decide:
http://www.infowars.com/economic-activity-is-slowing-down-much-faster-than-the-experts-anticipated/
.
.
.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **      **  **    **   ******    **     **   *******  
 **  **  **  ***   **  **    **   **     **  **     ** 
 **  **  **  ****  **  **         **     **  **        
 **  **  **  ** ** **  **   ****  *********  ********  
 **  **  **  **  ****  **    **   **     **  **     ** 
 **  **  **  **   ***  **    **   **     **  **     ** 
  ***  ***   **    **   ******    **     **   *******  
This forum powered by Phorum.