HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Mitch C. ()
Date: November 20, 2006 12:02AM

My sister-in-law received a jury duty questionaire from Fairfax County circuit court.

She has lived in the US for 11 years and the last 8 years in Fairfax.
She is a resdent alien(greencard holder) and not a US citizen.

I thought only Fairfax County residents who are US citizens
car serve on the jury... or am I wrong?

Thanks for any info!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: November 20, 2006 12:35AM

Members of juries are selected randomly by the Clerk's Office from the rolls of the Registrar of Voters and the Department of Motor Vehicles list of licensed drivers.

The reason they send a questionaire is to determine eligibility. She should return the questionaire as instructed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: November 20, 2006 12:39AM

I might add nothing in the jury Q&A for fairfax county precludes a non-citizen from jury service...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: November 20, 2006 12:51AM

If grand juror eligibility is the same as regular, this is your answer:

A Grand Juror must have been a resident of Virginia for at least one year and a citizen of the city or county in which he or she is to serve for at least six months, and must be "eighteen years of age or older, of honesty, intelligence and good demeanor and suitable in all respects to serve" as a Grand Juror.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: park1 ()
Date: November 20, 2006 09:27AM

No I don't think so, I saw Jose, Juan, and Paco there the other day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Angry ()
Date: November 20, 2006 06:06PM

why the fuck is she even here, she ought to be a citizen by now..... if not , ship her back

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: burpgun ()
Date: November 20, 2006 07:57PM

Only things a greencard holder can't do that a U.S. citizen can do are vote and hold public office.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 21, 2006 08:27AM

Mitch C. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She has lived in the US for 11 years and the last
> 8 years in Fairfax.
> She is a resdent alien(greencard holder) and not a
> US citizen.


why isnt she a citizen?


"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: jdwalker ()
Date: November 22, 2006 12:58PM

Bite me, you ignorant, xenophobic bitch. My wife and I just celebrated our fifteenth anniversary. Are you going to try to ship her back too, because she's not a citizen?

The law says people can immigrate and don't have to become citizens. My wife works and pays taxes. What's the big deal about the one piece of paper? You're an idiot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: 356 ()
Date: November 22, 2006 01:33PM

If beaners pull jury duty they should be expected to sweep and mop the courthouse floor after the trial. And rake the leaves.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 22, 2006 04:57PM

jdwalker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My wife
> and I just celebrated our fifteenth anniversary.
> Are you going to try to ship her back too, because
> she's not a citizen?


why isnt she a citizen?


"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: why? ()
Date: November 22, 2006 08:31PM

There's little value to becoming a citizen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: melissa22 ()
Date: August 20, 2009 08:56PM

beaner?? lol, you are so grown up, Im sure you are just bitter because green card holders like me have better jobs than you!!! ha ha ha

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: August 20, 2009 09:12PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If grand juror eligibility is the same as regular,
> this is your answer:
>
> A Grand Juror must have been a resident of
> Virginia for at least one year and a citizen of
> the city or county in which he or she is to serve
> for at least six months, and must be "eighteen
> years of age or older, of honesty, intelligence
> and good demeanor and suitable in all respects to
> serve" as a Grand Juror.

The fact that they can find anyone at all to pull jury duty in NOVA is proof that everyone lies on the questionnaire.

--------------------------------------------------------------
There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: RestonLass ()
Date: August 20, 2009 10:08PM

I believe it has now been determined that you must be a citizen to serve on a jury

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: August 20, 2009 10:37PM

Gravis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> jdwalker Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > My wife
> > and I just celebrated our fifteenth anniversary.
>
> > Are you going to try to ship her back too,
> because
> > she's not a citizen?
>
> why isnt she a citizen?


She's a legal resident.

Think about all the "expats" living in London or Munich or Paris, or Berlin or Hong Kong or wherever. Some expats live overseas for 20 or 30 years, have legal residency status but prefer to remain US citizens and have no interest in becoming citizens of the country where they reside.

Maybe she intends to return to her home country some day, or something. Maybe she wants to give her children the opportunity to choose between US citizenship through their father or citizenship in whatever country she is from. Maybe she comes from one of the few countries besides the US that, at least on the law books, disallows "dual-citizenship" and she doesn't want to give up rights in her home country because she has family there.

Unless she's mexican, this isn't unusual or unacceptable. She's probably a really hot swedish or norwegian or german chick. We should always welcome those immigrants with open arms.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: August 21, 2009 06:36AM

jdwalker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bite me, you ignorant, xenophobic bitch. My wife
> and I just celebrated our fifteenth anniversary.
> Are you going to try to ship her back too, because
> she's not a citizen?
>
> The law says people can immigrate and don't have
> to become citizens. My wife works and pays taxes.
> What's the big deal about the one piece of paper?
> You're an idiot.

Wow....Your mail order bride stuck along that long? Must be incredibly ugly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: August 21, 2009 08:32AM

I could never get a fair jury trial because all my "peers" are smart enough to wangle their way out of jury duty.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Lot ()
Date: August 22, 2009 04:39AM

How does one get out of Jury duty?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: August 22, 2009 07:55AM

Become a defendant...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: RestonLass ()
Date: August 22, 2009 08:35AM

Or ... be involved in a pending lawsuit or affiliated with a business on either side.

I've been called to serve on a jury five times - three Federal and two County.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: August 22, 2009 11:05AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: August 23, 2009 01:12AM

Lot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How does one get out of Jury duty?


when they ask you about your information, inform them that "the whole fucking system is corrupt! you guys wouldnt know justice if it bit you on the ass!"

that's how you get out of jury duty.


"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Spacy ()
Date: August 23, 2009 01:34AM

Mitch C. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My sister-in-law received a jury duty questionaire
> from Fairfax County circuit court.
>
> She has lived in the US for 11 years and the last
> 8 years in Fairfax. She is a resdent alien (greencard holder)

Someone pointed out that Fairfax makes the jury prospects
list from the list of registered voters.

However, Virginia does not allow non-citizens to vote.
Since she appears to be registered to vote, she must have
committed a serious felony by answering "YES" to the first
checkbox on the voter registration form. The part where it
asks if you are a citizen, and says not to bother completing
the rest of the form if you are not.

Also, it is against the law for non-citizens to vote in
federal elections (such as for President). Has she been
voting in these elections? If so, you might want to contact
a lawyer about these felonies. Perhaps there will be a way
for her to remain in the country without being in prison.

See, you've been caught now. Because they're going to find
out she's not a citizen when she shows up for jury duty.
And if she doesn't report for jury duty, the police will
actually come and pick her up and bring her before the judge
to explain it. At that point, she's also committed a crime for
not showing up.

Non-citizens voting in the elections really upsets me.
If that's what's been going on, I can only express my
great joy that your sister-in-law is going to prison
for a little while, prior to her being expelled from
the country.



Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2009 01:42AM by Spacy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Spacy ()
Date: August 23, 2009 01:41AM

jdwalker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The law says people can immigrate and don't have
> to become citizens. My wife works and pays taxes.
> What's the big deal about the one piece of paper?

There's nothing wrong with resident aliens.
How nice of her to have an extended visit!
They just can't vote.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2009 01:43AM by Spacy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Mary ()
Date: August 26, 2009 08:53PM

I'm totally with you on that. I came here in 1969 and didn't apply for my citizenship until 2002. I was here on a green card for all those years, abided by the laws and contributed to my community and worked hard. The only reason I applied for citizenship was so I could sponsor my husband to be a legal resident. I'm proud to be a Canadian first, but now I have dual citizenship. Why would anyone be proud of being an American with idiots like that one with the potty mouth anyway? What you should be worried about, potty mouth, are the millions of illegals who are in this country that didn't apply for a green card! Moron!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Mariella ()
Date: September 17, 2009 10:33AM

Wow... amazing, how ignorant people can be. Jury duty summons are computer-generated, and not necessarily based on lists of registered voters. I have received a jury duty summons while in the United States on a student visa, while most certainly on no voter list. I also know a green card holder who received a summons, despite not being registered to vote. He is my husband.

That you think that ANY non-American would wish to commit a felony by voting, whether or not they are here legally or not, is beyond me. The risks involved are tremendous for any immigrant, and for what? So we can cast our one vote for reason, to be lost in a sea of bigotry and ignorance that is your political system?


FYI - I continue to happily live and work, legally, in the United States. Life just worked out that way. I do not want to live in my home country - despite my overall cynicism about the level of education and intelligence in the US, I actually do care about this country - I have spent more than half my life here, and love the land, and even some of the people. :P Fortunately, many Americans rise far above the level of crude hate and bigotry displayed in this thread.

At some point in the future I might wish to apply for citizenship - the thought has crossed my mind. For now, however, I have had quite enough of forms, and paperwork, and rude idiots in cubicles with an unlimited supply of unjustified hate to spew at me. I've jumped through hoop, after hoop, after hoop, to be here legally. I've been treated like shit by people with the intellectual capacity of a medium-sized scallop. I've submitted to embarrassing questions, and ridiculous mockeries of medical tests. All in all - it would have been much, much, easier, to just be illegal - but I did not wish to do that - because I am an honest person, who respects the legal system of the place I have chosen to live in.

I have much to offer as a fellow human being - I am a teacher, and love my job. I volunteer, donate to charity, take part in educational events and fairs, both for teachers, and for students. I pay taxes. In short - I give a crap, unlike many others. If you think this country would be better off without me, that is merely your opinion, and an uneducated one at that - you are not entitled to it, since you do not know me. Or... maybe you DO know me... maybe you would NEVER say the things you say here to my face. Because it is SO much easier to spew hate at faceless strangers on the internet, then it is to stand up to someone you know, someone you know is a good and valuable person, and tell them you despise them for teaching your children, for donating to your charities, for paying taxes that go to building your roads.

So, to all of you hate mongers out there - thank God that you are balanced out by open-minded, good people, who evaluate the worth of others based on their character, and not on their citizenship.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: September 17, 2009 12:08PM

Mariella Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, to all of you hate mongers out there - thank
> God that you are balanced out by open-minded, good
> people, who evaluate the worth of others based on
> their character, and not on their citizenship.

What you fail to realize is, for every person like you that comes to this country, there are 20 others that have no clue what's going on and can barely speak a word of English. If everyone crossing the borders had the same outlook, capability, and intelligence you do, there wouldn't be an issue.

Instead, we get people that (for instance) don't speak enough english to tell me that my girlfriend's been hit by a tow truck.

--------------------------------------------------------------
There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: MMd4E ()
Date: September 17, 2009 12:20PM

2 GRAVIS:


You can live in US for decades and not become a citizen.

Why?

cause lots of people dont wanna loose citizenship they already have.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: September 17, 2009 12:34PM

MMd4E Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 2 GRAVIS:
>
>
> You can live in US for decades and not become a
> citizen.
>
> Why?
>
> cause lots of people dont wanna loose citizenship
> they already have.

And see, the whole "I want the benefits of being a citizen without actually being a citizen" mentality is what turns people off about illegal immigration.

Why don't these people force their own government to operate like America's does if A) they're not lazy, and B) America is so much better?

--------------------------------------------------------------
There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: LWmYN ()
Date: September 17, 2009 01:07PM

Live and play in this country, when you are done - simply go back.

Aint nothing wrong with that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: September 17, 2009 01:09PM

Mariella, you could not have come off as more of a self-righteous twat if you had tried. I hope you die in a fiery car crash, soon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Spacy ()
Date: September 17, 2009 03:49PM

Mariella Wrote:

> That you think that ANY non-American would wish to
> commit a felony by voting, whether or not they are
> here legally or not, is beyond me. The risks
> involved are tremendous for any immigrant, and for
> what? So we can cast our one vote for reason, to
> be lost in a sea of bigotry and ignorance that is
> your political system?

I think you should get the fuck out of my country
and crawl back to whatever shithole you escaped from.
We don't need you here, we don't want you here.
Why the fuck are you over here bothering us?
Go home.

Where exactly do you teach? Or are you afraid to say?
You like to condescend and pretend to be an intellectual,
claim to be a teacher, yet in fear you hide your identity.
Your arguments are illogical. You deride the country
and are contemptuous of it, yet you wish to exploit it
for your own gain. You are ridiculously transparent,
and apparently too stupid to understand that.

There's no shortage of people who would literally kill to
enjoy the privileges that you take, not to mention the ones
that you deride.

If we could get you out of our country, it would make
room for visitors or immigrants who appreciate it.

Mariella Wrote:
> If you think this country would be better
> off without me, that is merely your opinion, and
> an uneducated one at that - you are not entitled
> to it, since you do not know me.

> Because it is SO much > easier to spew hate at
> faceless strangers on the internet, then it is
> to stand up to someone you know

I am judging you based entirely on your own statements.

I propose to publicly debate you at your educational institution.
The topic will be yours: Non-citizens would never attempt to vote,
and that our political system is inferior to the one in your own
country because we are "a sea of bigotry and ignorance".

Please let me know when and where we will hold this debate.
Evaluation panel and rules to be decided once scheduled.
If I lose, I apologize to you.
If you lose, you leave the country.

(It is, after all, my country, not yours.)



Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2009 04:31PM by Spacy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Defender ()
Date: September 17, 2009 05:15PM

Just cause your parents had an accident and actually went through with allowing you to live, doesn't mean this is YOUR country. I am assuming you are not Native American and therefore somewhere down the lines one of your family members decided to jump on a ship for something better. Why cant others?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: FiveInchBucket ()
Date: September 17, 2009 05:21PM

Defender Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just cause your parents had an accident and
> actually went through with allowing you to live,
> doesn't mean this is YOUR country. I am assuming
> you are not Native American and therefore
> somewhere down the lines one of your family
> members decided to jump on a ship for something
> better. Why cant others?


Even if the poster were "Native" American, what difference does that make? Native Americans didn't/don't grow out of the North American soil like mushrooms. They came/come from somewhere ... perhaps across the land-bridge between Asia and North America, or from another galaxy.

Native Americans.

Big deal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Spacy ()
Date: September 17, 2009 08:52PM

Defender Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just cause your parents had an accident and
> actually went through with allowing you to live,
> doesn't mean this is YOUR country.

Actually I hate to break this to you,
but that's exactly what it means.
Sorry to have to give you this reality check.

> I am assuming you are not Native American

Actually, I am (one side of the family), although
we prefer the term "American indians"; so by your
own logic, you're wrong there, too.

> Somewhere down the lines one of your family
> members decided to jump on a ship for something
> better. Why cant others?

Others can and do, all the time, according to our
legal processes. I am on record as espousing how
wonderful this is. The country is composed of its
legal citizens, legally born here, or naturalized.

I am curious: who, in your twisted view of the world,
do you think the country belongs to, if not it's citizens?

And seeing as how you're another unregistered poster
following on to "Mariella", are you her sock puppet,
or just a coward? Funny how all the hidden unregistered
person(s) are always claiming that anyone who disagrees
with them is hiding in anonymity on the Internet.



Edited 17 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2009 09:30PM by Spacy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Sweet Maggie ()
Date: November 23, 2009 04:46PM

hmm Mariella sweety ..I agree with you ...self righteous ..hell yeah ! I would call it confidence. These people are just PA THE TIC . I am married to an american citizen , I met him when he went to my country on vacation to explore the beauty , hence ,I am his wife now ! I am a successful business owner my parents are wealthy and oh yeah I am an immigrant indeed but I dont mop floors or rake leaves , my maid is white and she lives in an RV ...haha.I am young , hot , rich,educated and LATINA ...these people are bitter because they probably never went to college , their teeth are falling off and they would love to have half of what their "immigrant" neighbors have rightfully earned...Spacy and the others if you are a woman you are probably fat and wrinkled .If you are a man , you probably have a tiny ..... and your woman cheated on you with a hot Latin guy yummm ...LOL... PEACE TO ALL ...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Spacy ()
Date: November 23, 2009 06:03PM

Over two months, and Mariella still refuses to stand up in public and debate her positions. All we get is nonsensical hate spew from her "supporters".

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: mike mike ()
Date: November 24, 2009 01:36PM

sweet maggie if you are really half the things you claim to be then you are an exception to most of the fat hoes who come here from el salvador to make burgers and tacos or rake leaves or what ever

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: mark j ()
Date: December 01, 2009 10:41PM

If you are not a citizen....get out of this country!

I am tired of paying for you losers!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: marcy ()
Date: November 24, 2010 06:17PM

SOME PPL ARE SOO IGNORANT, WHAT A SHAME UR A US CITIZEN LOL, I HOLD A GREEN CARD AND A HAVE A NURSING DEGREE AND IM SURE I MAKE MORE $$$ THAN U EVER WILL, SO BACK THE FUCK OFF, OH N YES I LOOOVE BEANS N PROUD IT....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: rrs540 ()
Date: November 25, 2010 03:20PM

Some of the morons who snuck in to this country, AND MUST USE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS , and LOLs in their posts, makes me wish that we had a gestapo to erradicate these swamp rats.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: shane ()
Date: March 18, 2011 02:45PM

I've been in the US since 1979 -- served ten years in the US Navy, and pay taxes just like everyone else that works in this country.

Why am I not a citizen?

because they want $680, on top of my $550 resident alien card fee -- and I'd have to jump through hoops for the next 18 months, going back and forth between where I live, and the closest DHS office..

And all for what? so I can feel all warm and fuzzy about getting to vote?

No thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Made In Japan ()
Date: March 18, 2011 03:23PM

shane Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why am I not a citizen?

My neighbor has been around at least that long; she, too, is not a US citizen. Simply decided she wanted to stay a Japanese citizen though she intends to stay here for the rest of her life (makes travel to visit relatives in Japan very easy, for example).

Works for me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: March 18, 2011 03:24PM

Way to dig up a 5 yr old thread, dumb fuck

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: say ()
Date: March 18, 2011 07:49PM

shane Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been in the US since 1979 -- served ten years
> in the US Navy, and pay taxes just like everyone
> else that works in this country.
>
> Why am I not a citizen?
>
> because they want $680, on top of my $550 resident
> alien card fee -- and I'd have to jump through
> hoops for the next 18 months, going back and forth
> between where I live, and the closest DHS
> office..
>
> And all for what? so I can feel all warm and fuzzy
> about getting to vote?
>
> No thanks.


I don't blame you a damned bit. Actually, I think not becoming a US citizen may be a very smart move (assuming your native country is not a third-world shithole).

This bankrupt country is headed down the shitter in the not too distant future. You will have a country to return to, whereas the rest of us will be fucked. What civilized countries are going to accept millions of American refugees?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Dardo ()
Date: March 18, 2011 07:57PM

Excellent post. This country sukks ratshiit and it is better to keep options if you have them. Ever since November 2008, the fate of the US has been doomed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: flopar ()
Date: March 28, 2011 12:42PM

Isn't it funny that all the immigrants want to come here to get an education and then what they call "a better job than U.S. Citizens". I'm a natural born US citizen and I'm quite sure I paid for their education. And those of you that say this is a bankrupt country.. could this possibly have any thing to do with all the illegal immigrants sucking up welfare, medicaid, food stamps and free college educations? If we stopped the immigrant problem, we would not be broke. All immigrants should go home and get welfare from their own country. Oh yeah, most of them don't offer it. Hmmmmm.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: greencardholder ()
Date: April 07, 2011 05:30PM

wow...there's so much hate and insults in here. And it's only a little site. Can't imagine the things that really happen in the real world out there.
Whatever happened to civil discussions and respecful comments?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Spacy ()
Date: April 07, 2011 10:11PM

greencardholder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Whatever happened to civil discussions and respecful comments?

You mean the civil discussions with the criminals who illegally entered the country, and the respectful comments they make about how they hate the citizenry here, demand money from us, and say they will take the country away from us?

I would characterize them as criminals, invaders and combatants, and advocate extermination.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: amalia l valdez ()
Date: June 28, 2011 04:05PM

do you have to be a citizen of usa to serve juty duty

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Spacy ()
Date: June 28, 2011 08:53PM

Yes,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Date: June 28, 2011 09:01PM

amalia l valdez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> do you have to be a citizen of usa to serve juty
> duty


You have to be a registered voter, right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: June 29, 2011 12:09PM

You also have to know the proper spelling of "jury"
Unless you really mean "juty" duty, whatever the hell that is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Spacy ()
Date: June 29, 2011 04:00PM

Jurors are selected randomly from the Registered Voter rolls.

I guess nobody reads the threads they post on -- they just pick a likely looking subject line and start the entire thing over again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Janine ()
Date: June 29, 2011 04:08PM

none of your damn business

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Janine ()
Date: June 29, 2011 04:10PM

what does this have to do with the question moron?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Spacy ()
Date: June 30, 2011 04:47PM

Janine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what does this have to do with the question moron?

Only the Question Moron knows for sure!



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2011 04:47PM by Spacy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: armywife ()
Date: February 28, 2012 01:13PM

This is the best statement of all! And I thank you for saying that! And of course, thank you for your service! I'm an Army wife and that's the only reason why I'm in the States, because my husband got ordered back to here after being stationed in Germany several years! He's still fighting for this country and I bet my ass for that cause I made more sacrifices so far than most of you crap-spitting citizens.
Oh and by the way...the topic here was, if non-citizens have to fulfill jury duty if called for and not rather you like immigrants or not.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: HatesHypocrites ()
Date: February 28, 2012 04:48PM

and Spacy keeps calling out Mariella for not disclosing her identity...but Spacy does not disclose his at all....

Further, Spacy ignores the fact that Mariella is a LEGAL immigrant.

I think that's just proof positive that Spacy is a troll. Let's ban him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: whatiswrongwithyou ()
Date: March 09, 2012 07:27PM

Wow, I came across this thread as I was looking up info on jury duty. I'd like to apologize on behalf of my fellow American-born citizens.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: Todd ()
Date: March 09, 2012 08:02PM

whatiswrongwithyou Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow, I came across this thread as I was looking up
> info on jury duty. I'd like to apologize on
> behalf of my fellow American-born citizens.


Are you an idiot?
if you had read 5 second of posts on here you would have
realized that this is not the place to ask this question.

Google ever?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: karla ()
Date: February 26, 2013 01:16PM

wow you are so fucking ignorant . the USA isnt only for whitr people of you know your history you'd know that everyone was at one point ilegal... white people didnt claim here first so stfu &learn your fuckin facts before you speak &make everyone else look bad .

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury duty... do you have to be a U.S. citizen?
Posted by: BEH ()
Date: February 26, 2013 01:26PM

Karla, your lack of correct spelling and punctuation makes you look bad.

I'd imagine you made this post because you felt it was important.

But if you write like a stupid person, you'll be looked upon as an idiot , and no one will respect the point you're trying to make , right or wrong.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
VJMyK
This forum powered by Phorum.