HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Sherman's March to The Sea Monuments
Posted by: Sherman ()
Date: August 22, 2017 12:00PM

I think we should erect a couple dozen statues of Sherman in each city he passed through in his famous 'march to the sea' from Atlanta to Sea during the civil war. This would be to honor history and heritage so we dont forget. No need to 'hide' history really - whats next sandblasting Rushmore?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sherman's March to The Sea Monuments
Posted by: Iodf ()
Date: August 22, 2017 12:06PM

I want all history of underground raiload removed, it reminds me about how stupid my ancestors were

Posted by: That nigga McAwful ()
Date: August 22, 2017 12:19PM

Iodf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I want all history of underground raiload removed,
> it reminds me about how stupid my ancestors were

Me too. Can you believe they didn't ship those niggers back.

Goddamn we are paying for their stupidity today.

Posted by: Uncle Billy ()
Date: August 22, 2017 12:39PM

There wasn't much fighting or resistance on the march to Savannah. Only one minor battle early on. The rest of the march was pretty uneventful until they actually got to the Savannah defenses. That's why it was successful, the Union showed they could just march around like they owned the place. Kinda like if you went to your worst enemy's house and just lounged in his recliner all day and drank all his beer, and he had no way to stop you.

Posted by: Sherman ()
Date: August 22, 2017 12:41PM

In military terms, Sherman’s march proved an unqualified success. The campaign thoroughly succeeded in smashing railroads and laying waste to the Southern agricultural economy that fed Confederate armies in Virginia, and in so doing shortened the war, Keller said.

But the hard-war strategy left a legacy of bitterness that lasted for generations.

“I wonder if the vengeance of heaven will not pursue such fiends!” Le Conte wrote of Sherman’s army. “Before they came here I thought I hated them as much as was possible — now I know there are no limits to the feeling of hatred.”

Posted by: Lets celebrate! ()
Date: August 22, 2017 12:43PM

Where are the 'Union Pride' marches in the South - Ill bet there are a lot of proud northerners down there that wish to celebrate the brave efforts of the North during the war. This would be a celebration of history and heritage and no doubt welcomed by the people of the South.

Posted by: catperch ()
Date: August 22, 2017 01:15PM

The South would welcome the rich heritage of the North in their town squares.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: August 22, 2017 01:55PM

Have at it OP. Go out and raise the money to construct the monuments. Then obtain approval from the local governments to erect them. I think it would serve the same purpose as all the union and confederate monuments you find on battlefields.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: August 22, 2017 01:55PM

Have at it OP. Go out and raise the money to construct the monuments. Then obtain approval from the local governments to erect them. I think it would serve the same purpose as all the union and confederate monuments you find on battlefields.

Posted by: Shermanthedevil ()
Date: August 22, 2017 02:26PM

Sherman was a terrorist, much like an Isis leader. Why not put up a statue of Moohumad while we're at it?

Posted by: FFU Historian ()
Date: August 22, 2017 03:55PM

Shermanthedevil Wrote:
> Sherman was a terrorist, much like an Isis leader.
> Why not put up a statue of Moohumad while we're at
> it?

Sherman was a genocidal maniac. What he did to the Native America peoples in the Indian Wars is horrific. How he can be anything but derided and scorned is beyond the comprehension of normal human kind.

Posted by: Uncle Billy ()
Date: August 22, 2017 04:33PM

FFU Historian Wrote:
> What he did to
> the Native America peoples in the Indian Wars is
> horrific.

Trying to get the native populations into assimilate to American society and stop slaughtering settlers & attacking the Union Pacific workers?

Posted by: slavesRsafenow ()
Date: August 22, 2017 06:03PM

Im sure no one involved it the wholesale butchering that was the Civil War would want any statue of themselves built on either side. It was a horrible war even as wars go. The whole affair was madness brought on by unprecedented greed by those in the south.

Posted by: D'OHNald is STOOPID ()
Date: August 22, 2017 06:30PM

The proper term is "Sherman's BBQ Tour of the South".

Sherman taught the treasonous rebel Confederate southern states the hard way that you don't fuck around with the US Constitution or the US Federal Government - especially if you are a yellow bellied welfare dependent Confederate piece of cowardly shit.

TrumpTards are a special kind of stupid. They may need a remedial course in Sherman's BBQ Tour of the South.

Posted by: cat stare ()
Date: August 22, 2017 07:17PM

Southern civilians sassed and back-talked Sherman. He started out pretty kind to the civilians but after they talked trash to him for a few months he just decided to let a lot of the looting slide - fuck em if they cannot take a joke.

Southerners have always felt entitled and superior so he burned their shit the fuck down from Atlanta to Savannah. Southerners were not scum but entirely misguided by the ultra-wealthy plantation owners. Sound familiar? Trump/altright/nazis. Wish we could cut them off from the Federal tit and let them fend for themselves. Only a few 'confederate states are net earners anymore.

Posted by: Leftist.Gorilla ()
Date: August 22, 2017 09:38PM

Jesus Christ...what a bunch of triggered, snowflake cuck-cakes! So butt hurt over Sherman's march! Atlanta to Savannah and not one of you dirty, filthy, traitourous, redneck hill-billy slavers could stop him. Y'alls talked and still talk a lot of smack about what tough, badasses you were and are. All I see are a bunch of raped women with properly stretched pussies and scorched earth...from Atlanta to Savannah.

Don't care for the southern legacy? Next time...don't lose the fucking war and then cry about it for the next 150 plus years.

The south will rise again? Please...how did that go for you last time?

Posted by: Conderates were Pussies ()
Date: August 22, 2017 09:50PM

Leftist.Gorilla Wrote:
> Jesus Christ...what a bunch of triggered,
> snowflake cuck-cakes! So butt hurt over Sherman's
> march! Atlanta to Savannah and not one of you
> dirty, filthy, traitourous, redneck hill-billy
> slavers could stop him. Y'alls talked and still
> talk a lot of smack about what tough, badasses you
> were and are. All I see are a bunch of raped women
> with properly stretched pussies and scorched
> earth...from Atlanta to Savannah.
>
> Don't care for the southern legacy? Next
> time...don't lose the fucking war and then cry
> about it for the next 150 plus years.
>
> The south will rise again? Please...how did that
> go for you last time?

Confederates allowed the Union to dance all over the South. Confederate soldiers were like a bunch apes.

Sherman and Grant danced their way around the south several times.

Posted by: US Grant ()
Date: August 22, 2017 09:59PM

WT Sherman's campaigns were an important part of ending the rebellion, but let's not forget US Grant. Grant was the real heavyweight, the one who broke the back of the confederate army. Grant was a tactical and strategic bad ass, the real fighter. The most under-rated figure in American history.

Posted by: D'OHnald the Disaster ()
Date: August 23, 2017 08:11AM

9/11 happened on a RepubliTard's watch.

The Great Republican Global Economic Recession of 2008 happened on a RepubliTard's watch.

It took a negro Chicago community organizer named Obama to actually kill the 9/11 mastermind terrorist named Osama. Buried his ass at sea.

Then that negro Chicago community organizer saved the global economy. Longest stretch of consecutive job growth months in US history - ever. He also brought affordable health care insurance to tens of millions of Americans.

The Republitards answer - elect a racist 5 time draft dodger crooked piece of shit named Trump with no experience or leadership skills to go play golf, line his pockets with taxpayer's money at his various resorts, launch multiple grand jury investigations into his crooked schemes, and totally fuck things up.

RepubliTards control most of the Government and they can't get a single thing accomplished. LOSERS!
Attachments:
Make-Russia-Great-Again.jpg

Posted by: HP Hill ()
Date: August 23, 2017 08:54AM

Why not have statues of Sherman and Grant all around the south? Its just history. We must not forget - these men saved our great nation.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.