HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Crappy sports commentary
Posted by: Nik ()
Date: November 16, 2006 11:54AM

There was a survey on Fark a few days ago about this, but I thought I'd bring it up again here.

Who, in your opinion, is the worst sports commentary team, and why?

My votes go to Madden/Michaels and Stockton/Johnston/Siragusa.

----------------
WHERE'S THE BEEF

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Crappy sports commentary
Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: November 16, 2006 02:54PM

My Vote is Steve Kolby who calls the Capitals games along with his stiff as a board sidekick canadian colour guy. Sample quote, "yah da only way da caps are gunna win this one is if dey score more goals than the other team, eh!" That and the other night the friggen AM station 1030 calling the Bruins sportscasters came in WAY clearer than AM 980. I had to listen to that in the car rather than 980 cuz they were busy watching the Wizards get destroyed by the no account KNicks.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 16, 2006 03:52PM

ferfux Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My Vote is Steve Kolby who calls the Capitals
> games along with his stiff as a board sidekick
> canadian colour guy.

go back to whatever british-english country you came from! it's color, armor, humor, etc.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: November 16, 2006 04:57PM

that and Tim McAurver and Troy Aikmeun are really annoying as well. MUST he broadcast ALL of the Cowboys games? his Colour commentary is sometimes genuinley insightful and I appreciate that he is working in live TV but still I beleive that his concussions have removed any sense of humour he might have had. Oh and Tim McArver needs to have thicker skin or suit of armour if he is constantly having his delicate sensabilities impinged upon by the behavior of athletes.

Posted by: erik ()
Date: November 17, 2006 10:10AM

Currently: Bill Maas and Ron Pitts. FOX's E-team is simply the worst.

Basic rules misinterpreted. Spotting the ball akin to blindfolded dart tossing. Maas' childlike use of the telestrater always impinging on live action. The hammerlike repeating of simpleton observations.

But the all time bad commentator is Joe Morgan.

Posted by: § ()
Date: November 17, 2006 12:04PM

Jerry Glanville. IMO, The worst NFL commen[tator-tot] in history. -§

Date: November 18, 2006 12:54PM

erik, to be honest, I don't actually mind Joe Morgan all that much.

John Madden really should go away.

----------------
WHERE'S THE BEEF

Date: November 21, 2006 02:11PM

Nik Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> erik, to be honest, I don't actually mind Joe
> Morgan all that much.
>
> John Madden really should go away.

Yea, I've been brainwashed by firejoemorgan.com. But happily brainwashed, you see.

Posted by: dude ()
Date: November 22, 2006 02:01PM

Baseball is a moron sport for racist idiots. Any baseball broadcaster is worse than the PA announcer at the smallest high school football game,

Harry Caray is the best baseball announcer there is, and that's because he hasn't said a word in years.

Date: November 23, 2006 12:33AM

Ignoring the troll...

The guys the Nats had in '05 were pretty bad if you ask me... and Dick Vitale is just plain irritating.

----------------
WHERE'S THE BEEF

Date: November 27, 2006 01:47PM

Nik -- I agree on the Nats team, but I didn't start watching on MASN 'til '06. Bob Carpenter was all right but Paciorek was just plain weird. Fittengly, they fired him a couple weeks ago.

He'll be remembered for his varied gutteral noises, horrible impersonations, and repetitive observations a'la "herky jerky motion" and "tight, compact swing".

Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: November 28, 2006 10:53AM

Joe Theisman and Tony Kornhole both suck.

Date: December 05, 2006 02:47PM

Yeah, I don't know if Kornheiser belongs on MNF. He's great with Wilbon on Pardon The Interruption.

Joe Theismann sucks.

----------------
WHERE'S THE BEEF

Posted by: Craig Lefferts ()
Date: February 11, 2013 02:40AM

Dr. Jack Ramsay is the worst. He has been bad for years. He is way too old and his commentary is so long winded.

Posted by: Jack Buck ()
Date: February 11, 2013 05:12AM

Oh my gawd even up here in heaven I can hear that screaming banshee Kevin Harlan and all his replicates these days in sports broadcasting. Please make them go away
I liked the humor of John Madden but the mighty NFL is a serious business and they've sucked the funny right out of the booth for the most part. Plus all the effing graphics sometimes makes even the bestest of games unwatchable

Larry Michael also in school of Kevin Harlan. Can't stand him plus the way he steamrolled a quality announcer like Frank Herzog. Shame on Sonny and shame on Sam. Sam, Larry Michael even got you didn't he?

And in a just world a very good sports broadcaster like Dave Owens would be lead over the beauty lipstick queen who has to have almost everything she says written down. It's Barry Bonds not Barry Bond.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.