HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Now that the Toyota Tacoma is far and away the most American made truck offered for sale in the USA it's quality is slipping, go figure.
Posted by: off road driver ()
Date: July 01, 2017 07:55AM

Americans just fuck everything up!

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/list-top-10-american-trucks-gallery-1.2695780?pmSlide=1.3241212

The Tundra with lower American content has maintained its top quality rating while the Tacoma which is the most American made truck in the world right now has shitty reliability.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Now that the Toyota Tacoma is far and away the most American made truck offered for sale in the USA it's quality is slipping, go figure.
Posted by: American consumer ()
Date: July 01, 2017 08:21AM

Love that Toyota quality!

Wish I had a dollar for every rusted out Toyota truck I've seen :-)
Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.png
image.jpeg

Re: Now that the Toyota Tacoma is far and away the most American made truck offered for sale in the USA it's quality is slipping, go figure.
Posted by: my tacoma ()
Date: July 01, 2017 08:27AM

American consumer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Love that Toyota quality!
>
>
> Wish I had a dollar for every rusted out Toyota
> truck I've seen :-)

Me too! I got a free frame replacement on my truck because I was unlucky enough to get one with a American made frame. My new frame was made by a different company from Mexico. Quite frankly toyota quality was better when they were all made in Japan.

Posted by: Rusty toyotas ()
Date: July 01, 2017 08:34AM

my tacoma Wrote:
> American consumer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Love that Toyota quality!
> >
> >
> > Wish I had a dollar for every rusted out Toyota
> > truck I've seen :-)
>
>
> Me too! I got a free frame replacement on my truck
> because I was unlucky enough to get one with a
> American made frame. My new frame was made by a
> different company from Mexico. Quite frankly
> toyota quality was better when they were all made
> in Japan.

Provide proof that the faulty frames were made of American steel, in America. Thanks.

Posted by: Old and in the way ()
Date: July 01, 2017 09:12AM

I am 63 years old and am going to buy what will probably be the last vehicle of my life unless I wreck it or something. I like the Ford f-150. I dont want to be anti-American though. The Tundra and GMC/Chevy are nice too but I do not care for the Dodge. People wont hate on me for getting a Ford will they?

Posted by: dpjnd ()
Date: July 01, 2017 10:29AM

OP is a telemundo troll

using his Jedi mind trick to suggest Toyota has been a leader in a market that Ford and GM have always owned hands down

Toyota doesn't even make a duelly - they are only trying to take the small truck market and haven't done so.

"duelly noted"

Posted by: 93c4e ()
Date: July 01, 2017 10:30AM

hqdefault.jpg

Posted by: bdt7n ()
Date: July 01, 2017 10:30AM

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-iBXgSfARpauDFPuODQI

Date: July 01, 2017 01:04PM

Rusty toyotas Wrote:
> my tacoma Wrote:
> -----
> > American consumer Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Love that Toyota quality!
> > >
> > >
> > > Wish I had a dollar for every rusted out
> Toyota
> > > truck I've seen :-)
> >
> >
> > Me too! I got a free frame replacement on my
> truck
> > because I was unlucky enough to get one with a
> > American made frame. My new frame was made by a
> > different company from Mexico. Quite frankly
> > toyota quality was better when they were all
> made
> > in Japan.
>
>
>
>
> Provide proof that the faulty frames were made of
> American steel, in America. Thanks.

The frames were made by Auto parts manufacturer Dana Holding Corp (DAN.N) who will pay $25 million to Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T) as part of a settlement for Tacoma truck frames that rusted out and had to be covered by warranty. Dana is a US based UAW manufacturer based in Maumee, Ohio.

http://www.reuters.com/article/retire-us-dana-idUSTRE70B7KZ20110112

Posted by: Rusty toyotas ()
Date: July 01, 2017 02:42PM

"Maumee, Ohio-based Dana sold the plants that manufactured the Tacoma frames as part of a March 2010 asset sale to Metalsa, a subsidiary of the privately held Mexican industrial group, Grupo Proeza."

In other words, made to "Mexican standards". Lolz!

Posted by: Look for the union label ()
Date: July 01, 2017 02:45PM

Unions fuck up everything.

Posted by: Shitshowerer2 ()
Date: July 01, 2017 02:47PM

Unions + mexicans = complete shit show.

Posted by: union lol ()
Date: July 01, 2017 03:01PM

Rusty toyotas Wrote:
> "Maumee, Ohio-based Dana sold the plants that
> manufactured the Tacoma frames as part of a March
> 2010 asset sale to Metalsa, a subsidiary of the
> privately held Mexican industrial group, Grupo
> Proeza."
>
>
> In other words, made to "Mexican standards". Lolz!

Well, since Metalsa bought out the nearly bankrupt Dana company there have been no issues with the frames they make for Toyota or GM. The Mexicans know their shit evidently.

Posted by: Stop being a commie ()
Date: July 01, 2017 08:44PM

What about all the rusted out bodies? I guess that's Americas fault too, right?

Commies....Lolz!
Attachments:
image.jpeg

Posted by: Unions are American as Apple Pie ()
Date: July 01, 2017 08:51PM

Look for the union label Wrote:
> Unions fuck up everything.

And will fuck you up, too.

Posted by: SEIU tough guy ()
Date: July 01, 2017 09:13PM

Unions are American as Apple Pie Wrote:
> Look for the union label Wrote:
> -----
> > Unions fuck up everything.
>
>
> And will fuck you up, too.

They're too fucking lazy to even be thugs anymore.

Posted by: GMC k-1500 4x4 ()
Date: July 02, 2017 05:06AM

At least Toyota is making good on the repairs. GM is doing nothing about the crossmember rust problem. They are going to fight it just like they did the ignition switch problem. Even though people are getting killed by this shit, they don't give a fuck.

Posted by: Former Honda owner ()
Date: July 02, 2017 08:48AM

Yea, that kind of reminded me of the exploding airbag coverup by Honda and takati. So many people killed world-wide and not until a class action suit was brough against them did they start to react.

Date: July 02, 2017 10:30AM

Former Honda owner Wrote:
> Yea, that kind of reminded me of the exploding
> airbag coverup by Honda and takati. So many people
> killed world-wide and not until a class action
> suit was brough against them did they start to
> react.

I was reading an article in consumer reports about that. The failure rate on the bag inflators was less than one tenth of one percent. Sadly, in todays world you can produce a product that is 99.9% effective and still get sued into bankruptcy.
These same "defective" airbag inflators have saved thousands of lives. There are still plenty of them out there on the road too. It will take 2 to 3 more years to replace them all.

Posted by: Pontiac 1 is butt hurt ()
Date: July 02, 2017 10:37AM

Looks like the Chevy Cavalier driving peasant is out in full force on this one.

Posted by: Gunlover ()
Date: July 02, 2017 10:52AM

They aren't trucks, they Japmobiles.

Posted by: International 1967 4x4 ()
Date: July 02, 2017 11:06AM

Gunlover Wrote:
> They aren't trucks, they Japmobiles.
Attachments:
gunlover bitch boy.jpg

Posted by: auto body tech ()
Date: July 18, 2017 07:26PM

union lol Wrote:
> Rusty toyotas Wrote:
> -----
> > "Maumee, Ohio-based Dana sold the plants that
> > manufactured the Tacoma frames as part of a
> March
> > 2010 asset sale to Metalsa, a subsidiary of the
> > privately held Mexican industrial group, Grupo
> > Proeza."
> >
> >
> > In other words, made to "Mexican standards".
> Lolz!
>
>
> Well, since Metalsa bought out the nearly bankrupt
> Dana company there have been no issues with the
> frames they make for Toyota or GM. The Mexicans
> know their shit evidently.

Sad but true, Mexicans make better cars than Americans.

Posted by: Michigander ()
Date: July 18, 2017 10:06PM

Gunlover Wrote:
> They aren't trucks, they Japmobiles.

Lol thats a good one!

Everyone around here calls them japtraps. Haha!
Attachments:
image.jpeg

Posted by: Fred Ford ()
Date: July 18, 2017 11:13PM

Old and in the way Wrote:
> I am 63 years old and am going to buy what will
> probably be the last vehicle of my life unless I
> wreck it or something. I like the Ford f-150. I
> dont want to be anti-American though. The Tundra
> and GMC/Chevy are nice too but I do not care for
> the Dodge. People wont hate on me for getting a
> Ford will they?

Mr. Old and in the way,

Does the Dodge have a Cummins? I got F'd on my 2005 Ford with the 6.0 diesel. I was a huge Ford fan but not sure about my next one. I think I have one more in me also. I would consider a Dodge with a Cummins. Thank you for your frankness and best wishes to you and your purchase.

Posted by: couplec's ()
Date: July 18, 2017 11:32PM

Tacoma is a work truck as is the f150 - you fucking idiots use these vehicles as commuter autos. Fuckin morons.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: July 19, 2017 08:59AM

couplec's Wrote:
> Tacoma is a work truck as is the f150 - you
> fucking idiots use these vehicles as commuter
> autos. Fuckin morons.

You love your KIA that much?

Posted by: hugevehicleforwhat ()
Date: July 19, 2017 10:11AM

Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
> couplec's Wrote:
> -----
> > Tacoma is a work truck as is the f150 - you
> > fucking idiots use these vehicles as commuter
> > autos. Fuckin morons.
>
>
> You love your KIA that much?

Dont own a KIA. Why the fuck would people purchase a work truck with half the vehicle dedicated to an open bed intended for hauling when all they do is drive to work? If Madison Avenue chose to Im sure they could convince the same consumers driving a cement mixer to work was 'RAM Tough' with enough football season TV ads.

As a bonus the pickup drivers using their never-scratched truck bed vehicles to commute are the biggest assholes on the road.

Posted by: Ford f150 4×4 ()
Date: July 19, 2017 11:19AM

couplec's Wrote:
> Tacoma is a work truck as is the f150 - you
> fucking idiots use these vehicles as commuter
> autos. Fuckin morons.

No work for my truck, its for pulling my camper and hunting fishing in remote locations.

Posted by: Pontiac1. ()
Date: July 19, 2017 07:24PM

Ford f150 4×4 Wrote:
> couplec's Wrote:
> -----
> > Tacoma is a work truck as is the f150 - you
> > fucking idiots use these vehicles as commuter
> > autos. Fuckin morons.
>
> No work for my truck, its for pulling my camper
> and hunting fishing in remote locations.

Well, the F150 may have a higher towing capacity but the Tacoma blows away the Fords, Chevys and Mopars when it comes to off road capability. I have gotten my Chevy stuck a few times and got pulled out of the mud by a Tacoma. And yes the Tacoma is far more reliable.

Posted by: lilcoln8 ()
Date: July 20, 2017 05:47AM

Pontiac1. Wrote:
> Ford f150 4×4 Wrote:
> -----
> > couplec's Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Tacoma is a work truck as is the f150 - you
> > > fucking idiots use these vehicles as commuter
> > > autos. Fuckin morons.
> >
> > No work for my truck, its for pulling my camper
> > and hunting fishing in remote locations.
>
>
> Well, the F150 may have a higher towing capacity
> but the Tacoma blows away the Fords, Chevys and
> Mopars when it comes to off road capability. I
> have gotten my Chevy stuck a few times and got
> pulled out of the mud by a Tacoma. And yes the
> Tacoma is far more reliable.

Do you take the gay sex Cavalier off road?
Attachments:
nigmobile.jpg

Posted by: My tacoma ()
Date: July 20, 2017 08:19AM

American consumer Wrote:
> Love that Toyota quality!
>
>
> Wish I had a dollar for every rusted out Toyota
> truck I've seen :-)

No kidding. I was sold the "imports are superior" lie years ago and I faithfully believed it until rust kept destroying the my Toyota trucks. The worst ones were assembled in Mexico. A bit of good news tho, I traded in for a 2016 sonata. I love this damn thing I've customized it to fit in the gay parade that DC holds every year. My partner and me luv because people point and stare at us. It has reclining seats that are perfect for butt pirates like myself :-)
Attachments:
image.jpeg

Posted by: joline ()
Date: September 18, 2018 01:57PM

All American vehicles suck.

Posted by: President Trump iz da man! ()
Date: September 18, 2018 11:09PM

Japanese cars and trucks are the biggest piece of shits ever created.

Posted by: wutxn ()
Date: September 19, 2018 12:25PM

a rusted out frame is the worst problem possible - it's the most work to "replace"

(anything on a truck is easier to repair than on a small car EXCEPT when the cab has to be un-bolted and lifted off the frame. that's possible but also a pain in the ass even for a master mechanic in a "regular" dealership - a regular dealership has no special lift to lift the cab up - but even before that there is allot of work to do)

a rusted bed: not a problem, wanted a new one anyway

Posted by: yjfhx ()
Date: September 19, 2018 12:30PM

OP is clueless about cars

#1 the small volcanic island chain of Japan doesn't have room to make trucks - the population is practically falling off the island - building airports out in the sea

#2 Japan imports parts from china and malaysia as much or moreso than USA: there goes quality. they also use those "funky one peice dash boards" (invented them, damn japs) and funky "chinese lights" (instead of USA designed replaceable lenses for lights, signals that also are more visible and 100x cheaper)

tacoma has "beefy ball joints" that about all you can say - the rest has the same issues any toyota has

Posted by: Fairfax Bob ()
Date: September 19, 2018 05:43PM

I have a Lincoln, built in Mexico and a Nissan built in the USA. I like them both . Fuck it, drive what you enjoy driving while you are young enough to drive. Someday someone will take our keys away.

Posted by: Carmelized onion ()
Date: September 19, 2018 07:26PM

yjfhx Wrote:
> OP is clueless about cars
>
> #1 the small volcanic island chain of Japan
> doesn't have room to make trucks - the population
> is practically falling off the island - building
> airports out in the sea
>
> #2 Japan imports parts from china and malaysia as
> much or moreso than USA: there goes quality. they
> also use those "funky one peice dash boards"
> (invented them, damn japs) and funky "chinese
> lights" (instead of USA designed replaceable
> lenses for lights, signals that also are more
> visible and 100x cheaper)
>
> tacoma has "beefy ball joints" that about all you
> can say - the rest has the same issues any toyota
> has

You’re the fucking clueless one fagget!
The original Toyota trucks were shipped from japan WITHOUT beds.
When they arrived here, Toyota NA added the beds...hence the rusted shit.
I would say the moment they changed the 3.4 v6 to the newer motor(1999 or 2000),
Tacoma went to shit!

Posted by: Thank you. ()
Date: August 12, 2021 12:24PM

Turns out that the most reliable cars in the world are made in Turkey. All built by Muslims. Who would have guessed that?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.