HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
COX free upgrade modem a timesaver
Posted by: another COX customer ()
Date: May 21, 2017 05:20PM

pano-wifi-modem-extender.jpg

It may not be new but i just got the upgrade: built-in WIFI and horrendous 1Ghz speeds if you can pay such bills.

I had an old LinkSys wifi - 2nd owner - the damn thing crashed so often the previous owner had broken the front panel reset button ! And it's reach: not so good.

The upgrade modem for COX (ARRIS/Motorola) has two wifi that reach the whole indoors comfortably.

Earlier modems allowed only two IP addresses if you had a family you had to set up your own DMZ. Today you get 5 IP minimum, 9+ if you pay up. And earlier also didn't have the web setup (moreso the features needed) to really do any kind of job. New one? All you really need and a bit more. The last one I didn't even check features of because I'd already had a stable setup (since the 90's that needed maintenance in terms of (every 5 years? too long to measure)).

Only prob is how long they took to arrive :)

Huge time saver, no need for extra routers or software routers!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: COX free upgrade modem a timesaver
Posted by: bioclotidtai ()
Date: June 04, 2020 06:11AM

I dunno I never struggled with it. Lol. Some people don't even know how to get access to their IP and router

Posted by: Samuel90 ()
Date: June 04, 2020 06:16AM

ohhh I like this thing very much. I think it will be useful for my business. I honestly can't fantom who the heck doesn't know to get access to their own router and IP address. I have known it since I was a teen and we were only beginning to use Wifi and internet networks in general. I get it that they can change depending on the device you are using but the one code that always worked for me was 192.168.0.1 . I never had problems accessing that vital in some cases information with it. Hope it helps haha

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2020 06:21AM by Samuel90.

Posted by: Stupid ass bots ()
Date: June 04, 2020 06:17AM

Samuel90 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ohhh I like this thing very much. I think it will
> be useful for my business. I honestly can't
> phantom who the heck doesn't know to get access to
> their own router and IP address.

I can't phantom how you can misuse the word fathom

Posted by: StroggCore ()
Date: June 04, 2020 07:12AM

Samuel90 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ohhh I like this thing very much. I think it will be useful for my business. I honestly can't fantom who the heck doesn't know to get access to their own router and IP address. I have known it since I was a teen and we were only beginning to use Wifi and internet networks in general. I get it that they can change depending on the device you are using but the one code that always worked for me was 192.168.0.1 . I never had problems accessing that vital in some cases information with it. Hope it helps haha

Why I didn't saw it years ago? Thank you!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.