HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Was Tom O'Dell fired from Cutlery Corner Network?
Posted by: the guy who sells the knives ()
Date: May 15, 2017 02:48PM

I haven't seen him on the TV show and no one mentions him

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Was Tom O'Dell fired from Cutlery Corner Network?
Posted by: P&G ()
Date: May 21, 2017 09:26AM

I called to ask that very question and the operator confirmed that he was fired. I did not ask why.

Posted by: Butt Pirate of the Caribbean ()
Date: May 21, 2017 09:29AM

Who's Tom O'Dell? Did I miss something?

Posted by: for what? ()
Date: May 21, 2017 04:13PM

He was a great & fabulous salesman, he worked with a pretty blonde, I wonder? I know Jim Frost never took him fishing like he does Sheila and Todd, maybe he got drunk and went off, throwing all kinds of knives around. He was on Jimmy Kimmel once with his knives and his name was in Wikipedia.

Posted by: the corner store ()
Date: May 21, 2017 04:22PM

Butt Pirate of the Caribbean Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who's Tom O'Dell? Did I miss something?

Legendary Knife salesman and expert on knives, a sort of historian, he was with Cutlery Corner for about 25 years. Very knowledgeable for a guy from Tenn.

Posted by: Max Strong ()
Date: May 22, 2017 02:01AM

I have been asking this question on the CCN facebook page for over a week now. I wonder what caused this to happen since he was very popular on the show. I know I will not be watching anymore, and the knives I bought were always when he hosted but now I will simply go to Ebay.

Posted by: turtle boy and chipmunk oaf ()
Date: May 22, 2017 05:53PM

P&G Wrote:
> I called to ask that very question and the
> operator confirmed that he was fired. I did not
> ask why.

I called last night, the girl was very nice, she said "He is no longer affiliated with the network", I too asked her why ? She refused to elaborate. I think it was a jealousy thing, he was popular and humble while Todd is a cocky bastard and Jim Frost is Mr Wonderful. I would encourage folks to call the Cutlery Corner Network and voice support for good ole Tom. He was a "good ole boy"

Date: May 22, 2017 11:20PM

If enough people called and state they are going to buy their knives elsewhere, that will force them to take notice. Look, nothing lasts forever, but the way he was just removed and treated like a non-entity makes it worse. I hope their sales drop because of this....

Posted by: gonna miss Tom ()
Date: May 24, 2017 03:40PM

Tom was fucking up, he got in the habit of calling Buck Creek knives "Butt Crack" right on live TV. He would go on about stuff in his life while the show was rolling, he came in with sunglasses one day, he must have had a fight. He was not afraid of Jim Frost and would make jokes about him. He certainly was not a "boot licker" or "lackey" like the other two hosts are. He was ballsy.

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: May 24, 2017 03:47PM

was he a rightard? They're all getting fired these days.

Posted by: southern knights ()
Date: May 24, 2017 04:09PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> was he a rightard? They're all getting fired
> these days.

Yes he was, the whole network is, they sell knives with pictures of Trump and the "Make America Great" thing. They originally had Hillary knives too but they lost popularity with her devastating loss to Trump. Hillary is "persona non grata" on that infomercial

Posted by: organize something ()
Date: May 24, 2017 04:41PM

Maybe if enough folks call the station and request he be reinstated, it will help. Remember you are helping a fellow human being who was unjustly fired. Won't hurt.

Date: May 24, 2017 11:28PM

On the CCN YouTube page they cropped him out of the home page photo, except for his shoulder that is...must have been a real ontense firing, so he is dead to them.

Posted by: miss him ()
Date: May 25, 2017 03:20PM

He taught Sheila everything she knows about knives, he was a big influence on Todd as well. I think they got pissed that he was buying knives on the employee discount plan and selling them in his flea market. He used to travel 4 hours one way to reach the studio to tape so he wasn't working for 10 bucks an hour, yet always cried poverty. Sheila knew something way before he was canned, she used to give a sneaky "you ain't got much time left" laugh at his corny jokes.

Posted by: FVSVX ()
Date: May 25, 2017 03:35PM

This post has more hits then the Death of Roger Moore, I guess this guy had more fans.

Date: May 25, 2017 11:43PM

On the CCN facebook page, they finally released a statement. They basically said the change was mutual as the Network and Tom wanted to go into new directions. So if they are be believed the Tom has other projects he wanted to explore but they were not at liberty to discuss what they were.
Still a bit suspicious though because of the way they did not even try to ackowledge that Tom was moving on.

Posted by: big uns ()
Date: May 26, 2017 05:15PM

Of course they will say that. I know of Tom, He has trouble moving around due to a very bad back, if you notice, he walks about with the aid of sticks and canes. Even when he spins the wheel he has pain. Maybe he couldn't take the pain anymore and retired. I just find it funny that many people, who had a status there, leave. Like cute Mary who was not like by Shiela, you could see that.

Posted by: mule skinner knives ()
Date: May 26, 2017 05:28PM

Max Strong Wrote:
> On the CCN facebook page, they finally released a
> statement. They basically said the change was
> mutual as the Network and Tom wanted to go into
> new directions. So if they are be believed the Tom
> has other projects he wanted to explore but they
> were not at liberty to discuss what they were.
> Still a bit suspicious though because of the way
> they did not even try to ackowledge that Tom was
> moving on.

Yea right, janitor at the VFW. "Projects" nice way of saying unemployment checks, the Network will probably even object to that! :Projects?

Posted by: Anthony ()
Date: May 27, 2017 11:17PM

He will be missed...I'm sure it'll come out at some point...not the same for sure...all the years he gave to be thrown away like trash. All companies do that now, your just a number, loyalty means nothing!

Posted by: bring back Tom organization ()
Date: May 28, 2017 05:18PM

I never heard that guy say a bad thing about anyone, while Todd would bad mouth him constantly, I think that's why Jodie left, because of Tom's harassment. If you call the station and voice your support for Tom, perhaps. Whatever happened to Mary, she was a big thing at one time, even had her picture on a Knife box. Maybe Tom will wrote a book: "Behind the scenes at Cutlery Corner.

Posted by: John Merrick ()
Date: May 28, 2017 11:25PM

Tommy was a hoot! I like them all. Todd, Sheila and Jim Frost. All good folk. Todd is a bit of a bulls!tter and not as honest as he should be but I like him anyways. Sheila is just flat out pretty and knows her way around the products. Jim is throw back white culture. Gotta love his style. Tommy was the black sheep that tied it all up in a nice bow. Seems empty without him. He was a hoot when he'd get drinking. So glad he's just fired. I was worried that he died or something. Wish it didn't end like this. I like Gas Monkey Garage too and Aaron left this year as well. Kinda sad these shows will not be the same without those guys.

Posted by: jersey jenny's nice deed ()
Date: May 29, 2017 03:18PM

If you want to talk to someone at the Cutlery Corner network the number is 1877-215-3216. Be nice and just tell them you miss Tom. They will try to sell you a knife but just say no thanks

Posted by: knife guy ()
Date: May 29, 2017 03:45PM

John Merrick Wrote:
> Tommy was a hoot! I like them all. Todd, Sheila
> and Jim Frost. All good folk. Todd is a bit of a
> bulls!tter and not as honest as he should be but I
> like him anyways. Sheila is just flat out pretty
> and knows her way around the products. Jim is
> throw back white culture. Gotta love his style.
> Tommy was the black sheep that tied it all up in a
> nice bow. Seems empty without him. He was a hoot
> when he'd get drinking. So glad he's just fired. I
> was worried that he died or something. Wish it
> didn't end like this. I like Gas Monkey Garage too
> and Aaron left this year as well. Kinda sad these
> shows will not be the same without those guys.

What happened to Mary, she was a sweet Southern Belle? Stacy Combs passed away, I just found that out. Jim is a generous soul, he donates a lot to good causes. A rich man who helps the poor is always a great thing/

Posted by: Coin collecting ()
Date: May 30, 2017 06:15PM

Look for Tom on the Paid TV channel's coin collection, that's where he started. He might have told them at CCTV to take this job and shove it, he's going to another network where he'll make major big bucks, not the chump change Jim Frost pays.

Posted by: tom at his best 2ndguyinvid ()
Date: May 31, 2017 02:57PM

Posted by: classic Tom second addressVV ()
Date: May 31, 2017 03:02PM

tom at his best 2ndguyinvid Wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7BrmpaMAU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7FBrmpaMAU

Posted by: expert knife thrower ()
Date: June 02, 2017 03:59PM

Tom hangs out with the two bearded guys from ZZ Top, he has been on Jimmie Kimell show demonstrating knives, Dale Earnhart knew him as a friend and does Richard Childress . It was a jealously thing he got the can, must the same as Comey, from Cutlery Corner Knives

Posted by: pop culture historian ()
Date: June 03, 2017 06:02PM

Still can't get over it. in the world of the blade, this guy was great, greater than Meade is to Amateur country western music.

Posted by: Rick Pope ()
Date: June 03, 2017 11:41PM

Sure gonna miss Mr. O'Dell,I noticed on Facebook page his picture isn't there. The show ain't the same without him.Gonna buy my knives somewhere else.i read somewhere that Shelia Travis was his daughter in-law, o don't know about that.i to thought maybe he had passed, but they wouldn't be laughing and going on if he had. So long Tom, I'll miss your southern twang.

Tom Odell needed to be fired he made dirty comments children should not hear got drunk all the time. It will definitely be a better show now!!!!!
Posted by: James Kelly ()
Date: June 04, 2017 09:33PM

Rick Pope Wrote:
> Sure gonna miss Mr. O'Dell,I noticed on Facebook
> page his picture isn't there. The show ain't the
> same without him.Gonna buy my knives somewhere
> else.i read somewhere that Shelia Travis was his
> daughter in-law, o don't know about that.i to
> thought maybe he had passed, but they wouldn't be
> laughing and going on if he had. So long Tom, I'll
> miss your southern twang.

Re: Tom Odell needed to be fired he made dirty comments children should not hear got drunk all the time. It will definitely be a better show now!!!!!
Posted by: James Kelly ()
Date: June 04, 2017 09:37PM

I got tired of seeing him drunk he just talked to filthy kids should not hear he was skipped two or three or four knives talking about himself or his granddaddy it will definitely be a better show now. We got Sheila Travis to look at she's great Todd Boone knows his stuff

Posted by: Meadeisgr8 ()
Date: June 05, 2017 12:43PM

pop culture historian Wrote:
> Still can't get over it. in the world of the
> blade, this guy was great, greater than Meade is
> to Amateur country western music.

Meade is not an amatuer. He gets paid. So he is a professional.

Re: Tom Odell needed to be fired he made dirty comments children should not hear got drunk all the time. It will definitely be a better show now!!!!!
Posted by: Got Meade? ()
Date: June 05, 2017 04:53PM

---
> >

Shelia is not a kin to Tom. She might have know many months ago that Tom was on the "shit list", Tom being the last to know. I know they kept Tom in the dark about many things, never trusted him with anything important. Shelia must have complained about babysitting and correcting Tom all the time, result was the Bum's Rush on ole Tom. The guy would buy knives on the employee discount and sell them at his weekly flea market, that might have pissed off the sales dept. Tom was like an old goat around the girls on that show.

Posted by: LOLOLOLLO ()
Date: June 05, 2017 04:58PM

James Kelly Wrote:
> I got tired of seeing him drunk he just talked to
> filthy kids should not hear he was skipped two or
> three or four knives talking about himself or his
> granddaddy it will definitely be a better show
> now. We got Sheila Travis to look at she's great
> Todd Boone knows his stuff

That's true! He would talk about how little he made and having to travel 4 hours to get to the studio and 4 hours back, talk about his "vault" where he keeps valuable old knives and 5 knives being exhibited on TV would go by.

Posted by: katana dragon ()
Date: June 06, 2017 03:05PM

I know Tom confronted Jim Frost on the air once and asked him why he takes Todd fishing and never him, I think that pissed of Jim. I remember they had a clip of a contest held somewhere with these girls in tight daisy dukes chaising a greasy pig. That was pretty interesting.

Date: June 07, 2017 11:07PM

So now that Tom is gone, the next question is who will replace him? I am sure Jim Frost will force Todd and Shiela to work non stop until he finds someone pliable and cheap....

Posted by: knives r us ()
Date: June 09, 2017 06:45PM

I remember on Tom's last broadcast, he said something like: "If you rub (pr stroke it?) it will grow", that went across the airwaves and I think Tom didn't know the mike was hot. I remember him saying that, then he was gone the following week. I'd like to see either Mary or that country western girl who Tom was sponsoring as a talent.

Posted by: knives r us ()
Date: June 09, 2017 06:49PM

Max Strong Wrote:
> So now that Tom is gone, the next question is who
> will replace him? I am sure Jim Frost will force
> Todd and Shiela to work non stop until he finds
> someone pliable and cheap....

That's not the only thing they do, Todd works in the warehouse driving a forklift and Shiela is an Order Picker. Tom was like a handy man/janitor/warehouse worker

Posted by: speculation ()
Date: June 10, 2017 05:38PM

I know Jim Frost had a serious heart attack, bless him, and the responsibility for running the business is falling on his son. Jim is there for more or less popular reason, as a spokesman. Maybe the son is cleaning house and setting up a new regime, not uncommon with new managers.

Posted by: Meade could do that easy ()
Date: June 11, 2017 03:38PM

Meade could be a spokesman for the Knife Show on TV, he has charisma and authority and is a regional celebrity. He has been on the camera, both YouTube and feature films so he isn't camera shy. I'm sure he'll be willing to locate to TN. if the pay is good, $1,500.00 a week is a fair salary for TN and the relocation.

Posted by: bull craps ()
Date: June 12, 2017 04:31PM

Meade could do that easy Wrote:
> Meade could be a spokesman for the Knife Show on
> TV, he has charisma and authority and is a
> regional celebrity. He has been on the camera,
> both YouTube and feature films so he isn't camera
> shy. I'm sure he'll be willing to locate to TN.
> if the pay is good, $1,500.00 a week is a fair
> salary for TN and the relocation.

Meade still uses "greasy kid stuff" to groom his hair, he never grows up.

Posted by: significant for better tv ()
Date: June 13, 2017 01:43PM

bump

Posted by: P.S.R. ()
Date: June 14, 2017 11:12PM

Am I the o my one who noticed Sheila try to cover for him? I like to watch the show to see how drunk he'd be

Posted by: daa ()
Date: June 15, 2017 02:48PM

P.S.R. Wrote:
> Am I the o my one who noticed Sheila try to cover
> for him? I like to watch the show to see how drunk
> he'd be

No. I noticed that many times, she couldn't cover for him when he announced Buck Creek knives as "Butt Crack" knives. Sheila could only shake her head. Remember when he came in with sunglasses, must have been in a bar fight.

Posted by: get real l ()
Date: June 16, 2017 05:38PM

If they rehired Tom O'Dell he'd own the place, he'd realize that he was indispensable to the success or failure of the Cutlery Corner network, he'd be the top cock of the walk and would exploit it. Shiela or Todd would not stand for it

Posted by: nbvs ()
Date: June 17, 2017 04:49PM

They have a new guy I think, his name is "Bob" and Sheila says he has been with the company for years, I think he drove a folklift or something in their warehouse.

Posted by: nice, very very nice. ()
Date: June 17, 2017 04:51PM

Thread has almost a 1,000 hits, Tom would be so happy.

Posted by: Warren ()
Date: June 18, 2017 03:36AM

Can't believe they fired Tom, I will never watch again. Bob who replaced Tom is awful. You will be missed Tom.

Date: June 18, 2017 04:48AM

That new guy Bob is terrible and they must see this. He kept going on about a spider that Shiela was shying away from and he just would not stop bringing it up. I had to turn it off...

Posted by: noticed that ()
Date: June 18, 2017 04:20PM

Max Strong Wrote:
> That new guy Bob is terrible and they must see
> this. He kept going on about a spider that Shiela
> was shying away from and he just would not stop
> bringing it up. I had to turn it off...

Shiela also slipped Tom's name when she was talking about a "Father's Day Special" she tried to recover and it made it worse. Bob is too slow witted and does not have Tom's ability to turn a phrase, they blew it with that firing. I'd like to see Smokey Mountain Knife works return to TV with Tom

Posted by: notivrr ()
Date: June 18, 2017 05:05PM

Another thing I noticed, they are giving away more expensive Hen and Rooster knives in the picks, they used to give away a free Chinese knife like Duck before, now it is German knives.

Posted by: Knife Guy ()
Date: June 19, 2017 05:24AM

I hate that Tom is gone. Ive watched the show for years and years and Toms rambling is one of the funniest parts of the show lol. My wife couldnt stand his voice because she had heard it so much over the years lol. I hope Tom does well in what ever he chooses to do.

Posted by: butt crack knives ()
Date: June 19, 2017 02:26PM

Ole Bob took a jab at Tom yesterday, he told Shiela she's going to cut herself and a video probably be posted on YouTube. Bob seems a little chauvinistic and no doubt does not like being relegated to #3 guy.

Posted by: new guy knife tv ()
Date: June 19, 2017 03:35PM

This new guy they have 'Bob' is just an ornament, something for the ladies to watch as the men have Sheila. Just another TV pretty boy no doubt.

Posted by: col Lacienta ()
Date: June 20, 2017 04:09PM

Todd might be the next to go, I don't see Sheila going anywhere, she is sweet.

Posted by: gonna make a prediction ()
Date: June 22, 2017 04:11PM

I won't be surprised if they have the ole Tom boy back as a Guest Host on special occasions. They'll tell Bob to fetch coffees tokeep busy.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: June 24, 2017 11:51PM

Wouldn't it be great if Tom and Todd started a new show with Smokey Mountain Knives. It would put frost out of business

Posted by: Joe La bianco ()
Date: June 25, 2017 05:07AM

I did not care for Tom , but this new guy really sucks!!
Thank God we still have the other two lol
They need to look for another person !!!!

Posted by: misstom ()
Date: June 25, 2017 04:10PM

This guy (the new one) does not have "charisma", he is kinda stiff (not because of Shiela though). I don't care for him. What they should have done was put Tom and Todd together, there is animosity there, and keep some plastic bats, and those plastic clown hammers that squeak when hit, it would be a riot with those two hitting each other over the head when they g.et on each others nerves.

Posted by: entripenour ()
Date: June 26, 2017 04:47PM

Jim Frost built Cutlery Corner about 40 years, he used to sell knives at work, he was a batch mixer at a Chemical Co, on the 3rd shift. The company is now a multi multi million dollar concern. A true rags to riches saga. Thanks Jim

Posted by: you can depend on it ()
Date: June 26, 2017 05:43PM

for what? Wrote:
> He was a great & fabulous salesman, he worked with
> a pretty blonde, I wonder? I know Jim Frost never
> took him fishing like he does Sheila and Todd,
> maybe he got drunk and went off, throwing all
> kinds of knives around. He was on Jimmy Kimmel
> once with his knives and his name was in
> Wikipedia.

Mr Jim Frost will never, ever take Tom fishing now!!!

Posted by: money is where yo finds it ()
Date: June 28, 2017 02:54PM

Tom should team up with Meade, Tom is one hell of a banjo player and Meade is multi instrument savy. Even playing in the foyer of Supermarkets or busking on a street could bring in mucho money. I know a guy who stands on street corners with a sigh, "Homeless Vet" raking in 200 dollars a day. He wasn't even a vet.

Posted by: SHARPSHOOTER ()
Date: June 28, 2017 10:39PM

I watched the show for the last 12 to 13 years. Tom was likable and knowledgable.
But I have heard him run his mouth before and it would piss me off if it was my wife that had to work with him. I watched the show Wednesday night, Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night most every week.
Tom said many things over the years that I am sure got him called in the office over.I hate it that he lost his job after he worked there so long. But if I was a betting man I would bet that it was things that he said on live tv.
It might be alright to have a loose mouth with the guys at hunting camp. But you have to watch what you say at work around women or you might get slapped with a sexual harrassment suit.
I listened to Jim tonight and I could tell that Tom did not leave on good terms.
They will say that it is the economy and shut down the Saturday show to cover letting Tom go. Then 6 months later start back having the Saturday show. I believe that they are being careful so that Tom does not sue them.

Posted by: Ron65 ()
Date: June 29, 2017 12:06AM

Sheila Travis IS Tom ODell's daughter-in-law.

Posted by: Ron65 ()
Date: June 29, 2017 12:23AM

Tom's Twitter acct comment on 5/26/17, says he is no longer with Cutlery Corner, and, it wasn't by his choice. So, he was fired, not leaving for something else.

Posted by: jeopardy ()
Date: June 29, 2017 04:16PM

SHARPSHOOTER Wrote:
> I watched the show for the last 12 to 13 years.
> Tom was likable and knowledgable.
> But I have heard him run his mouth before and it
> would piss me off if it was my wife that had to
> work with him. I watched the show Wednesday night,
> Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night most
> every week.
> Tom said many things over the years that I am
> sure got him called in the office over.I hate it
> that he lost his job after he worked there so
> long. But if I was a betting man I would bet that
> it was things that he said on live tv.
> It might be alright to have a loose mouth with
> the guys at hunting camp. But you have to watch
> what you say at work around women or you might get
> slapped with a sexual harrassment suit.
> I listened to Jim tonight and I could tell that
> Tom did not leave on good terms.
> They will say that it is the economy and shut down
> the Saturday show to cover letting Tom go. Then 6
> months later start back having the Saturday show.
> I believe that they are being careful so that Tom
> does not sue them.

Well I know on his last show he uttered: "stroke it and it'll grow" and it went on live, I don't know if it was a setup, they did not like Tom since he got an invite to the Jimmie Kimmel show and Todd and Jim didn't. Sheila was not there then.

Posted by: lolol ()
Date: June 29, 2017 04:19PM

They are using tactics now to reassure the audience, it is a regular thing with them to say: "The lines are extremely busy, please hold". I think the call ins have dropped in number since Tom got the "bum's rush". The show is not the same, Bob tries to be funny but not even Shiela laughs at him

Posted by: tom would never quit ()
Date: June 29, 2017 05:14PM

Tom loves knives, he is known on his social page as "Knife man". He is the go to guy for even the history of knives, from a stone knife, to a volcanic glass knife to a metal one. He is very learned about knives and I was able to come away with an appreciation of the knives role on culture.

Posted by: Yankee Knife Dealer ()
Date: June 29, 2017 09:23PM

Tom was a character but it was his personality that made the show fun to watch. Now it is blah. Feels more like the infomercial that it really is than before, when Tom and his antics livened it up. I saw Jim Frost bring up Tom's departure as though it was a mutual thing and that a change in sales behavior was partly a factor. I:-P don't believe it. It rang hollow. Still, Tom was a character and his big mouth probably did do him in. I hate to see anyone with many years invested get fired like that. The show will never be the same and I will likely watch it a lot less now because of Tom's absence. It's one thing to announce your leaving and entirely another to be suddenly gone! Folks don't like that.
I will say this about Jim Frost. He is no phoney. What you see on tv is genuine. I had an opportunity to meet him a few years back and to tour Frost Cutlery. He is very generous and a decent man.
He took time out of a busy day to meet me and spend time.

Posted by: I agree ()
Date: June 30, 2017 05:20PM

Yankee Knife Dealer Wrote:
> Tom was a character but it was his personality
> that made the show fun to watch. Now it is blah.
> Feels more like the infomercial that it really is
> than before, when Tom and his antics livened it
> up. I saw Jim Frost bring up Tom's departure as
> though it was a mutual thing and that a change in
> sales behavior was partly a factor. I:-P don't
> believe it. It rang hollow. Still, Tom was a
> character and his big mouth probably did do him
> in. I hate to see anyone with many years invested
> get fired like that. The show will never be the
> same and I will likely watch it a lot less now
> because of Tom's absence. It's one thing to
> announce your leaving and entirely another to be
> suddenly gone! Folks don't like that.
> I will say this about Jim Frost. He is no phoney.
> What you see on tv is genuine. I had an
> opportunity to meet him a few years back and to
> tour Frost Cutlery. He is very generous and a
> decent man.
> He took time out of a busy day to meet me and
> spend time.

I agree, that guy is very civic minded. He is always getting Appreciation cards from the USMC. He gives to a lot of very good causes. Just a gentle good man who is not selfish.

Posted by: shioweohjiwfd ()
Date: June 30, 2017 05:22PM

Hey maybe Tom had many warnings and deserved it. Trump would have fired him right away, 8:00 in the morning.

Posted by: george G ()
Date: July 01, 2017 01:03PM

OLE TOM HAD A FEW QUIRKS,BUT HE KNEW HIS KNIVES.THE NEW GUY KNOWS NOTHIN BOUT KNIVES,AND A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE MIGHT COME IN HANDY IF YOUR GOING TO SELL THEM.

Posted by: mediavdage ()
Date: July 01, 2017 03:27PM

george G Wrote:
> OLE TOM HAD A FEW QUIRKS,BUT HE KNEW HIS
> KNIVES.THE NEW GUY KNOWS NOTHIN BOUT KNIVES,AND A
> LITTLE KNOWLEDGE MIGHT COME IN HANDY IF YOUR GOING
> TO SELL THEM.

This new guy worked in the Warehouse and knows only the lot numbers of knives. I suppose he must know something or have a quality that makes him a superb salesman in Jim Frost eyes. Tom was unique as we all are, he was an individual, they want another Todd Boone perhaps. They should put that girl who appeared on the /rogram to sell her CW CDs, she was a fox, very attractive.

Date: July 01, 2017 06:47PM

Regarding Tom's rather glib and inuendo laden banter, that was part of his behavior for decades. In fact, he would often mention that he was on the 11pm to 1am shift for this very reason. So firing him now for what was part of his routine was odd..there had to be something behind the cameras that prompted this...

Posted by: ccn Taiwan knives ()
Date: July 01, 2017 06:53PM

Max Strong Wrote:
> Regarding Tom's rather glib and inuendo laden
> banter, that was part of his behavior for decades.
> In fact, he would often mention that he was on the
> 11pm to 1am shift for this very reason. So firing
> him now for what was part of his routine was
> odd..there had to be something behind the cameras
> that prompted this...

You're correct. I know Todd did not care for the Producer Jodie and he was gone. Funny place that CCN

Posted by: tom was a sport ()
Date: July 01, 2017 07:14PM

He'd have no problem putting on a hat for sale or a Greek helmet, Todd, on the other hand, would be worried it would mush his hair. We see those things Todd if you are reading this.

Posted by: Nina ()
Date: July 01, 2017 09:18PM

They did tom very dirty and he is suffering.... he was t even given notice An has no idea how to fight back... he is not going onto other endeavors these people slammed him and it's aweful..... anyone want to start a qvc knife show tom would looooooovvvvvvveeeeee to be back. Those other guys deserve him as competition after the way they have done him!!!!!.... any ideas contact me we work with and see tom everyday and this situation is dirty..... he doesn't even qualify for work and comp..... everybody please speak up and help tom he needs all the help he can get and then some. He has a new funny guy that can sell a him they'd shut the other guys down.... they deserve it doing him this way after thirty years of loyalty. He need the funds and a backer so come on people help tom!!!!!

Posted by: so i turned into Cutlery Corner ()
Date: July 02, 2017 04:15PM

So last night I turned on Cutlery Corner and it was gone from the 9 o'clock slot. Is this a fallout from the O'Dell firing? Is there a connection !

Posted by: glad to see this ()
Date: July 02, 2017 06:02PM

Nina Wrote:
> They did tom very dirty and he is suffering.... he
> was t even given notice An has no idea how to
> fight back... he is not going onto other endeavors
> these people slammed him and it's aweful.....
> anyone want to start a qvc knife show tom would
> looooooovvvvvvveeeeee to be back. Those other guys
> deserve him as competition after the way they have
> done him!!!!!.... any ideas contact me we work
> with and see tom everyday and this situation is
> dirty..... he doesn't even qualify for work and
> comp..... everybody please speak up and help tom
> he needs all the help he can get and then some. He
> has a new funny guy that can sell a him they'd
> shut the other guys down.... they deserve it doing
> him this way after thirty years of loyalty. He
> need the funds and a backer so come on people help
> tom!!!!!

A person who cares about the plight of the workers. Nice to see. Anybody who helps a poor man is a good fellow.

Posted by: very similar to Meade ()
Date: July 02, 2017 06:11PM

Tom was the Meade of CCTV. He was never taken fishing just like Meade was not invited to any birthday party as a elementary school kid, given a valentine by a classmate, or taken to a prom. Kinda sad, forced to drive fours hour to work for a pittance and a couple of Moon Pies.

Date: July 02, 2017 06:16PM

I believe they discontinued the Saturday show citing the bad economic climate...seems more of a bad consumer reaction to Tom's departure rather than the economy...besides it is odd that if you were going to cut one day from the show, would not it make more sence to remove the Sunday slot?

Posted by: smmmmmell ()
Date: July 03, 2017 04:19PM

So glad that the idiot Squirrel Man is gone, guy had the brains of a squirrel no doubt. Making an endorsement for big bucks as an imbecile and the bigger fools were the ones who bought those knives. Tom always looked at Squirrel man with a curious stare a "does this hillbilly even deserve a spot here"

Posted by: Never Tom on the 1 hour gigs ()
Date: July 03, 2017 04:24PM

Max Strong Wrote:
> I believe they discontinued the Saturday show
> citing the bad economic climate...seems more of a
> bad consumer reaction to Tom's departure rather
> than the economy...besides it is odd that if you
> were going to cut one day from the show, would not
> it make more sence to remove the Sunday slot?

I agree. I don't believe in coincidence, logic says it was a fallout. I'll bet Todd and Shiela were both making more than Tom. It was Todd or Shiela who had a 1 hour show on various channels, they had to get compensated for that

Posted by: best tom lolo moment ()
Date: July 04, 2017 03:57PM

What is, in your opinion, the best Tom "moment", mine was when the Kicking Chicken came out and started chasing a kicking Tom all over the set.

Posted by: I miss tom ()
Date: July 05, 2017 04:00PM

I miss that big gumba, he'd make one hell of a liquor salesman though.

Posted by: jo Bender ()
Date: July 07, 2017 06:08AM

My husband and i cannot stand this new guy Bob!!! Bring back Tom!!! He was funny and made the show interesting to watch. It's a hell of a way to end a guys career after 30 years of service. That sound count for something. If you won't bring him back at least get rid of Bob for someone with more personality, he really sucks!! We will just be happy to buy from Smokey Mt. Knife Works. Thanks for reading and your concideration.
Customers of Cutlery Corner
Tim and Jo VanDyke

Posted by: that's what we need ()
Date: July 07, 2017 02:34PM

More folks like the above who want CCKnives to return to its family ways, even bring back Mary, she was a little dumpling.

Posted by: turn it on yesterday ()
Date: July 09, 2017 04:00PM

turned it on last night at 9:00, no show, it was an replace by a thing about some electric contraption. I checked the guide and saw it was moved to Sunday morning through Sunday afternoon. Don't think this is a smart move as with news, sports, kid's shows, etc.. Who is going to watch a show about knives for sale? They are trying to infuse some comedy in the show I noticed, I saw a segment about some gimp dressed as a pirate making poetry. No tom no comedy it seems

Posted by: bad luck ()
Date: July 10, 2017 03:02PM

Never give a knife to a friend as a gift, it will destroy the friendship. It is an old superstition going back centuries, if you do have a knife to give, sell it to him for a penny will hamper the curse. I think maybe Jim Frost gave Tom a knife as a gift for his recent birthday.

Posted by: tom hins ()
Date: July 13, 2017 11:04PM

i am buying my knives directly from china now

Posted by: yyckg ()
Date: July 13, 2017 11:20PM

dude could sell you a knife like he was ringin a bell

Posted by: metoo says Ptoo ()
Date: July 14, 2017 05:13PM

tom hins Wrote:
> i am buying my knives directly from china now

No middle man.

Posted by: good idea ()
Date: July 15, 2017 04:49PM

Nina Wrote:
> They did tom very dirty and he is suffering.... he
> was t even given notice An has no idea how to
> fight back... he is not going onto other endeavors
> these people slammed him and it's aweful.....
> anyone want to start a qvc knife show tom would
> looooooovvvvvvveeeeee to be back. Those other guys
> deserve him as competition after the way they have
> done him!!!!!.... any ideas contact me we work
> with and see tom everyday and this situation is
> dirty..... he doesn't even qualify for work and
> comp..... everybody please speak up and help tom
> he needs all the help he can get and then some. He
> has a new funny guy that can sell a him they'd
> shut the other guys down.... they deserve it doing
> him this way after thirty years of loyalty. He
> need the funds and a backer so come on people help
> tom!!!!!

I can't pay him much, not like the gigantic salary he was making with Mr Boone and Miss Sheila, I have a Flea Market at the old barn and would love to have Mr ONeil as a salesman, I do sell knives and cutlery.

Posted by: Kinda spooky ()
Date: July 17, 2017 03:10PM

I watched the show last night, just before Sheila and Bill turned it over to Todd at 11;00PM there was the cutlery corner logo and a visual spinning of it, like a whirl pool, or whirl wind, or vortex; and tom's image was seen in the effect almost like it was going down the drain, you know how drains have that spinning action. I wonder if it was planned, it was strange.

Posted by: this is great ()
Date: July 19, 2017 03:25PM

Over 3,000 views, this will certainly help to get Tom reinstated.

Posted by: annoys the jjheck outta me ()
Date: July 19, 2017 07:04PM

How come these guys on the show refer to any sheath knife or fixed blade as a Bowie knife, that is very unprofessional. aA Bowie is a specific kind of knife.

Date: July 21, 2017 07:54PM

I want to thank those who mentioned Smokey Mountain Knife Works.. I never knew of them but like some of what I have seen...Screw You CCN!

Posted by: Gerber ()
Date: July 22, 2017 03:30PM

Max Strong Wrote:
> I want to thank those who mentioned Smokey
> Mountain Knife Works.. I never knew of them but
> like some of what I have seen...Screw You CCN!

They use to have a TV show just like CCN, it was better as they had a better selection of knives and sold tactical stuff like vests and holsters. It was hosted by "Handsome" Tony Watkins. ccN really put them out of commission with their cheap knives that sold. One guy bought the 365 knives for about 400 dollars. Could brag about carrying a different knife everyday, cheap Pakistan steel

Posted by: who gives a fuck? ()
Date: July 22, 2017 03:41PM

If people would quit posting in this thread, it would go away.

Posted by: legit thread ()
Date: July 22, 2017 04:46PM

who gives a fuck? Wrote:
> If people would quit posting in this thread, it
> would go away.

This thread is a lot better than the Bowels thread, food your bowels don't need. stupid thread for retards who have a serious problem; and folks that have a mania and fascination with shit, they get off by laying under a glass table and a fat person shitting on the top. I know the type and they all qualify.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.