HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The Death Penalty. Good thing? Bad thing? Why?
Date: October 07, 2009 10:46PM

Just asking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Death Penalty. Good thing? Bad thing? Why?
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: October 07, 2009 11:15PM

In my opinion, good.

1. Greatest benefit overall, reduced cost of incarceration in the long term
2. Offers the ultimate deterrent for serious criminal acts that result in the death of others

Has to be tempered to only be applied in cases (for specific crimes) where it is certain that the suspect committed the crime - in other words, convictions based on circumstantial evidence could not result in the death penalty.

3. Removes stupid genes from the gene pool (hopefully you get them before they procreate - might have to look into rounding up the rest of the family if they had a certifiable mental condition based on gene defects and at least test them periodically - j/k).

Main change - I would make it something more painful, like putting a bunch of rats under a bucket sealed to the perpetrators stomach. Screw them for being "humane" - that is one of the main reasons (other than endless rounds of appeals) that has contributed to its lack of effectiveness today.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2009 11:18PM by Registered Voter.

Posted by: Unregistered User ()
Date: October 07, 2009 11:21PM

Thank you RV for posting that. It was extremely insightful and thought out.

Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: October 07, 2009 11:40PM

Sorry, Reggie, but death penalty as deterrent=FAIL

States WITHOUT a death penalty have LOWER murder rates:

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/deterrence-states-without-death-penalty-have-had-consistently-lower-murder-rates#stateswithvwithout

88% of criminologists do not believe the death penalty is an effective deterrent:

http://deathpenaltyinfo.org/study-88-criminologists-do-not-believe-death-penalty-effective-deterrent

EDIT: It seems even your cost arguement is suspect--although its source is your venally hated New York Times, where good journalists go to become Marxists, right?

http://deathpenaltyinfo.org/editorials-high-cost-death-row

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2009 11:45PM by fairfaxdude.

Date: October 08, 2009 12:07AM

Well, I offered my opinion, as I stated. You offered the "statistics" of a site that reports on totals and looks at various rates between the states. If you look closely into the numbers, you see that first off, the murder rates have dropped across the board for almost all areas - even the District of Columbia which has consistently had the highest murder rate in the country.

It doesn't account for perpetrators killed in the act (a summary judgment so to speak) or the perpetrators that are never caught. Also it doesn't account for how many murders were committed that didn't result in the death penalty, but did result in incarceration.

So the numbers are interesting, but not anything other than a statistic. I would have been more impressed if you had an opinion.

Fail on attempting to emulate me, but thanks for trying.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2009 12:08AM by Registered Voter.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: October 08, 2009 12:08AM

Citing the DPIC for anything unbiased related to the Death Penalty is akin to citing Aryan Nation for an unbiased examination of Adolf Hitler.

Try a more realistic website.

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: October 08, 2009 12:17AM

I do not support the death penalty, but I highly favor sterilization and/or penis removal for all those convicted of violent crimes. A mandatory sterilization program for those with 2 or more felonies. To me, losing your penis is far more of a deterrent than the death penalty. I agree with RV's concept of gene pool filterization, but not by killing people. It hasn't worked in the past, and I don't see it working in the future.

I also support a voluntary boot camp option for those non or lesser-violent offenders that prefer a lesser incarceration time. This would mix education, job training and discipline.

Date: October 08, 2009 12:18AM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, I offered my opinion, as I stated. You
> offered the "statistics" of a site that reports on
> totals and looks at various rates between the
> states. If you look closely into the numbers, you
> see that first off, the murder rates have dropped
> across the board for almost all areas - even the
> District of Columbia which has consistently had
> the highest murder rate in the country.
>
> It doesn't account for perpetrators killed in the
> act (a summary judgment so to speak) or the
> perpetrators that are never caught. Also it
> doesn't account for how many murders were
> committed that didn't result in the death penalty,
> but did result in incarceration.
>
> So the numbers are interesting, but not anything
> other than a statistic. I would have been more
> impressed if you had an opinion.
>
> Fail on attempting to emulate me, but thanks for
> trying.

RV, all I can say is, excellent defense and comeback. Well done.

Posted by: fairfaxmensch ()
Date: October 08, 2009 12:32AM

ITRADE Wrote:
> Citing the DPIC for anything unbiased related to
> the Death Penalty is akin to citing Aryan Nation
> for an unbiased examination of Adolf Hitler.
>
> Try a more realistic website.

+1

Try, for example, an article published in the decidedly liberal Stanford Law Review
co-written by the decidedly liberal Cass Sunstein, which concludes that in light of
the best evidence currently available, "capital punishment has a strong claim to
being not merely morally permissible, but morally obligatory—above all from the
standpoint of those who wish to protect life."

Money quote:

A wave of sophisticated multiple regression studies have exploited a newly
available form of data, so-called “panel data,” that uses all information from a
set of units (states or counties) and follows that data over an extended period
of time. A leading study used county-level panel data from 3054 U.S. counties
between 1977 and 1996. The authors found that the murder rate is significantly
reduced by both death sentences and executions. The most striking finding was
that on average, each execution results in eighteen fewer murders.

P. 711 (italics in original, citations omitted).

http://lawreview.stanford.edu/content/vol58/issue3/sunstein1.pdf

Date: October 08, 2009 12:32AM

I also like "exile islands" where you send sterilized inmates (no more "Australias" in the future) and let them live with each other for an alternative to compromise on the death penalty. Although I might consider removing a hand or some fingers and toes before I send them there.

Date: October 08, 2009 12:39AM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> I also like "exile islands" where you send
> sterilized inmates (no more "Australias" in the
> future) and let them live with each other for an
> alternative to compromise on the death penalty.
> Although I might consider removing a hand or some
> fingers and toes before I send them there.

An excellent idea RV. You obviously have an above average intellect.

Date: October 08, 2009 12:44AM

Unregistered User Wrote:
> An excellent idea RV. You obviously have an above
> average intellect.

Yep, I won an award for that!

Attachments:
registeredvoterint.jpg

Date: October 08, 2009 12:48AM

fairfaxmensch Wrote:
>
> Try, for example, an article published in the
> decidedly liberal Stanford Law Review
> co-written by the decidedly liberal Cass Sunstein,
> which concludes that in light of
> the best evidence currently available, "capital
> punishment has a strong claim to
> being not merely morally permissible, but morally
> obligatory—above all from the
>
> http://lawreview.stanford.edu/content/vol58/issue3
> /sunstein1.pdf

Good article - they actually put forth an interesting argument for those for and against capital punishment.

The foundation for our argument is a significant body of recent evidence
that capital punishment may well have a deterrent effect, possibly a quite
powerful one.9 A leading national study suggests that each execution prevents
some eighteen murders, on average.10 If the current evidence is even roughly
correct—a question to which we shall return—then a refusal to impose capital
punishment will effectively condemn numerous innocent people to death.
States that choose life imprisonment, when they might choose capital
punishment, are ensuring the deaths of a large number of innocent people.11 On
moral grounds, a choice that effectively condemns large numbers of people to
death seems objectionable to say the least. For those who are inclined to be
skeptical of capital punishment for moral reasons—a group that includes one of
the current authors—the task is to consider the possibility that the failure to
impose capital punishment is, prima facie and all things considered, a serious
moral wrong.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 08, 2009 08:04AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> Just asking.

the death penalty is not good. it costs too much and it's a moral gray area. i say give them the option of permanent solitary confinement or execution with the option of execution at any time during their stay. however, this should really be reserved for the worst of the worst (true psychopaths and sociopaths). i do feel however that many sentences given to non-violent offenders are entirely too long and that rehabilitation should be a larger focus.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: October 08, 2009 09:15AM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Well, I offered my opinion, as I stated. You
> offered the "statistics" of a site that reports on
> totals and looks at various rates between the
> states. If you look closely into the numbers, you
> see that first off, the murder rates have dropped
> across the board for almost all areas - even the
> District of Columbia which has consistently had
> the highest murder rate in the country.

So, here's my summary opinion, harking back to your poorly thought out initial post---the death penalty costs too much, since it largely IS life imprisonment (usually ~20 years in prison before execution), it's clearly, or at the very LEAST arguably, not a deterrent( very simple stats and the opinions of experts concur on that), and its morally suspect, since the execution of innocents has always been an issue that makes even the most "hard on crime" folks cringe. The on-going parade of exonerated death rowers due to new evidence (usually DNA) should make any normal person stop and think, before advocating a death penalty. On the other hand, I won't even cringe when John Muhammed takes the needle next month.

As to your point about murder rates, look again at the chart--rates drop in the mid-90s and pretty much hold steady. DC, as you cite, had almost 500 murders in 1990, vs 180 in 2007. Drug wars, anyone?
>
> It doesn't account for perpetrators killed in the
> act (a summary judgment so to speak) or the
> perpetrators that are never caught. Also it
> doesn't account for how many murders were
> committed that didn't result in the death penalty,
> but did result in incarceration.

Oh bullshit. Its simply total murders committed/total population, period. Whether they were killed in the act or never caught, or never convicted, or given some other sentence than death, isn't even considered. Try another obfuscation method, Reggie. I figured you were better than that.
>
> So the numbers are interesting, but not anything
> other than a statistic. I would have been more
> impressed if you had an opinion.

.......says the same uber-poster who trots out statistics and links in pretty little boxes ad nauseum daily, with the numbers and phrases HE likes bolded. Ummm...DUH?
>
> Fail on attempting to emulate me, but thanks for
> trying.

Emulating you would be the last thing I'd ever want to do. I mean, who'd WANT to be 1)boring 2) interpersonally inept and 3)rigidly opinionated to the point of ridicule? Pointing out your fallacies and rigid rightist mentality, however, is great fun. But it's a lot less keystrokes to just make fun of your newly found love for Gravis, or your new favorite tactic-- jousting with "trollies" and giving yourself certificates. Way more embarrassing for you than your "opinions".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2009 09:33AM by fairfaxdude.

Date: October 08, 2009 09:20AM

Here's my take. There is ample evidence that the death penalty is not a deterrent. Criminals typically think they won't get caught and punished. If they did, they wouldn't do the crime in the first place (any crime).

Second, regarding costs, it costs the government much more to prosecute a death penalty case to execution than it does to put someone behind bars for life.

I am against the death penalty and here is my reasoning. I have no problem executing people who are guilty of murder. I have a problem with the government knowingly executing people using a system that has a high probability of convicting people of crimes they did not actually commit. In other words, we know innocent people have been put to death by the state. Knowing this, it is a moral imperative to take the death penalty off the table.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Date: October 08, 2009 09:30AM

Numbers Wrote:
> I do not support the death penalty, but I highly
> favor sterilization and/or penis removal for all
> those convicted of violent crimes. A mandatory
> sterilization program for those with 2 or more
> felonies. To me, losing your penis is far more of
> a deterrent than the death penalty. I agree with
> RV's concept of gene pool filterization, but not
> by killing people. It hasn't worked in the past,
> and I don't see it working in the future.
>
> I also support a voluntary boot camp option for
> those non or lesser-violent offenders that prefer
> a lesser incarceration time. This would mix
> education, job training and discipline.

You could go to the next step and make it all PPV (Paid Penis-less View)--"Live, from Lubbock, Texas!!!--YOURRRRRRRRRRR favorite monthly HBO special!!!----The PENIS GUILLOTINE! With your host----NUMBAHHHHHHHSSS!!! I bet that would generate some serious bologna sammich money.

Isn't there some sheriff in some place like Arizona or Texas that runs a boot camp in his jail? Inmates live in tents, etc, and wear pink jump suits? Please report---inquiring minds wanna know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2009 09:42AM by fairfaxdude.

Date: October 08, 2009 09:56AM

FF - entertain yourself all you want to. I am glad you get off on ridiculing me, or on any other entertainment I can offer you in my forms of self-ridicule. Seriously though, your opinion OF me is irrelevant - just like Vince's was. But hey, trot out your little troll followers and keep up the attacks on me - the man love thing is fascinating to watch though, as that seems very natural to you.

I am glad for you though that your superior intellect gives you all these ways to maintain your facade of actually being "smart". But you know, in your twisted logic world - it seems like you must have to go through a lot of mental anguish to "stoop" to my level, huh? Whatever "dude".

As a side note to the topic, I don't support the death penalty in its current form. It IS expensive, and too cumbersome with appeal processes that even come into play for obviously guilty offenders. I would change it so that to even qualify for the death penalty it has to be an "obvious" conviction - like the DC Sniper case. If the main argument against it though is because it is too expensive - that is BS. I have heard this argument from lawyers before that don't like the death penalty - it is expensive for the state because they have to provide all these expensive lawyers that are qualified to defend the cases. As I pointed out to them, change the law so the only folks getting the death penalty are truly worthy of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2009 09:58AM by Registered Voter.

Posted by: easy answer ()
Date: October 08, 2009 11:28AM

Death Penalty cuts down on repeat offenders.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: October 08, 2009 02:28PM

I say it's a good thing. My only issue is that we don't kill them fast enough. It's not an effective deterrent right now because guys sit on death row for 15 - 20 years. You should get put on death row immediately, be given 1 year to have (potentially) 1 appeal and then put to death if you can't produce enough "evidence" that your case should be re-tried.

Date: October 08, 2009 02:57PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> FF - entertain yourself all you want to. I am glad
> you get off on ridiculing me, or on any other
> entertainment I can offer you in my forms of
> self-ridicule. Seriously though, your opinion OF
> me is irrelevant - just like Vince's was. But hey,
> trot out your little troll followers and keep up
> the attacks on me - the man love thing is
> fascinating to watch though, as that seems very
> natural to you.

Oh, I plan to. Making fun of you is great sport--although not as much as your board-mate, Ink-tard. Like him, you insist that you have only one detractor and all your "trollie-baiters" are derived from the ONE. LOL Like him, you're fascinated by gayness, as in every man to belittle you must want your dick. 7th grade much? It's a lot more entertaining when Ink-tard goes off,though--you should take a lesson from him and scream "faggot!" more often.
>
> I am glad for you though that your superior
> intellect gives you all these ways to maintain
> your facade of actually being "smart". But you
> know, in your twisted logic world - it seems like
> you must have to go through a lot of mental
> anguish to "stoop" to my level, huh? Whatever
> "dude".

Ok, this mishmash of bullshit isn't worth responding to. Seriously, dude, get a grip. And it doesn't take any more stooping than the length of 2X4 I hit you upside the head with.
>
> As a side note to the topic, I don't support the
> death penalty in its current form. It IS
> expensive, and too cumbersome with appeal
> processes that even come into play for obviously
> guilty offenders. I would change it so that to
> even qualify for the death penalty it has to be an
> "obvious" conviction - like the DC Sniper case. If
> the main argument against it though is because it
> is too expensive - that is BS. I have heard this
> argument from lawyers before that don't like the
> death penalty - it is expensive for the state
> because they have to provide all these expensive
> lawyers that are qualified to defend the cases. As
> I pointed out to them, change the law so the only
> folks getting the death penalty are truly worthy
> of it.

Hmmm....a mere few hours ago you were "for" it, and it offered the "Greatest benefit overall, reduced cost of incarceration in the long term." At least you can read a rational argument and admit you were wrong. There might be hope for you yet, muh man. And um...let's just point out you can't be a "Constitutionalist" on all things EXCEPT FOR due process and the rule of law; that would make you a supreme hypocrite.

And thanks for piggybacking on the Sniper case. You're welcome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2009 02:59PM by fairfaxdude.

Date: October 08, 2009 04:45PM

Wow ffdude, you are on a FAIL roll today. Maybe you should pay more attention, or just not try to argue anything substantive - you seem to have a clear problem grasping the subject at hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
fairfaxdude Wrote:
> Like him, you insist that you have only
> one detractor and all your "trollie-baiters" are
> derived from the ONE.

No, I don't believe that. I am sure there are quite a few of you that change monikers as needed to make your troll comments. The fact that you all go to such lengths to hide behind further anonymity by using multiple logins or multiple anonymous troll names shows how obsessive you are. I use one name, always the same. I don't have to try and multiply my commentary with other accounts as many folks here have proven they do.

> LOL Like him, you're
> fascinated by gayness,

Again - not true, I just define your obsessive compulsiveness with your "targets" as "gay". It makes you look as if you are infatuated with them. I would even say that my arguments with Vince _could_ fall into that, except mine are more based on his political extremism and lack of any ability to discuss a topic.

> > As a side note to the topic, I don't support
> the
> > death penalty in its current form. It IS
> > expensive, and too cumbersome with appeal
> > processes that even come into play for
> obviously
> > guilty offenders. I would change it so that to
> > even qualify for the death penalty it has to be
> an
> > "obvious" conviction - like the DC Sniper case.
> If
> > the main argument against it though is because
> it
> > is too expensive - that is BS. I have heard
> this
> > argument from lawyers before that don't like
> the
> > death penalty - it is expensive for the state
> > because they have to provide all these
> expensive
> > lawyers that are qualified to defend the cases.
> As
> > I pointed out to them, change the law so the
> only
> > folks getting the death penalty are truly
> worthy
> > of it.
>

Registered Voter Wrote:
> In my opinion, good.
>
> 1. Greatest benefit overall, reduced cost of
> incarceration in the long term
> 2. Offers the ultimate deterrent for serious
> criminal acts that result in the death of others
>
> Has to be tempered to only be applied in cases
> (for specific crimes) where it is certain that the
> suspect committed the crime - in other words,
> convictions based on circumstantial evidence could
> not result in the death penalty.

> At least you can read a rational argument and
> admit you were wrong. There might be hope for you
> yet, muh man.

Nothing changed from what I said. Nothing to admit.

> And um...let's just point out you
> can't be a "Constitutionalist" on all things
> EXCEPT FOR due process and the rule of law; that
> would make you a supreme hypocrite.

Where did I say anything that challenged that? Due process does not mean 10 million appeals because some bleeding heart jackass like you thinks criminals who commit crimes like that deserve more rights then the victims. The victim(s) already had their rights taken from them by the asshole that killed them. Get rid of the death penalty where it doesn't make sense (in circumstantial cases, etc), and make it more streamlined in cases where it is obvious the asshole did the crime. The actual procedure to follow "Due process" is defined by the law (written by legislatures and reviewed by courts), not the Constitution - other than the boundaries it sets. Folks could craft laws that are more balanced in dealing with the process from conviction to execution.

Date: October 08, 2009 05:26PM

Date: October 07, 2009 11:15PM, Reggie types:
In my opinion, good.
1. Greatest benefit overall, reduced cost of incarceration in the long term
2. Offers the ultimate deterrent for serious criminal acts that result in the death of others

Date: October 08, 2009 09:56AM, Reggie types:
........ I don't support the death penalty in its current form. It IS expensive, and too cumbersome with appeal processes that even come into play for obviously guilty offenders

Yep, Reggie you're right, you didn't change your opinion. In a mere 11 hour span, you merely slid some new weasely words into your FAIL rejoinder that made it magically "appear" as if you "had more to add". I especially liked the "reduced cost of incarceration" vs. "It IS expensive" slippery attempt. Fact is, you supported the death penalty on Oct 7th, but not on Oct 8th. Nice try blowing smoke up the whole board's skirt, big fella.

You remind me of the classic cocktail party bore--you know the one. He enters the room, everyone goes "oh fuck, not HIM again", and all migrate to the other side of the room and turn their backs, huddled in deep conversation. Of course you're right about EVERYTHING--even hoisted on your own petard, you'll simply claim to be misunderstood, or that your opponent is simply "too stupid" to understand your argument; time and again, your posts here illustrate that. Not surprising at all that you're found here 24/7, spouting on and on. You're most likely a social pariah to be avoided IRL at all costs.

Try being a TAD less verbose. And a LOT less know-it-all. Few of us ever take the time to call you out on your bullshit, since it ALWAYS results in some long drawn out argument that you love to "win" by over-posting. I'm in danger of doing the same thing now, so this will be the last attention you get from me on this topic. Don't take silence as agreement. The dozens of unregistered nics that take potshots at you simply do it to avoid the BORING I'm-always-right stance you never fail to insist on.

Date: October 08, 2009 05:34PM

In the long term. Meaning they are not in jail for 50 years. So yes, if they die in 10 years then it is a better deal. Cost of lawyer unrelated to incarceration - can be expensive, but is also unrelated if they don't have 10 million appeals. I support the death penalty, although it needs to be fixed. That was clear in all of my posts. It is less expensive in the long run unless the guy is 90 years old - that should be patently obvious.

You are the one that wanted to make comments on what I said. I either had to add to what I said to make it more clear to you, or agree with you. Since I didn't agree with your attempt to put words into my mouth, I had to speak for myself.

The only one blowing smoke here is you ff, but keep trying. You can explain all you want.

EDIT: You could have just posted your own opinion but chose to "challenge" my opinion with your FAIL statistics. As I noted before, you don't have any original thoughts here, you just kibitz everyone else.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2009 05:37PM by Registered Voter.

Date: October 08, 2009 05:38PM

A most excellent response RV. You definitely showed Fairfaxdude your superior knowledge and sound judgement.

Posted by: A.B.D ()
Date: October 08, 2009 06:06PM

Every other civilized country is able to function without a death penalty..except for America. I guess RV doesnt have any concern for all the innocent people that where put to death, its all "conspiracy theories" right?

Posted by: Steve Wilhite ()
Date: October 08, 2009 07:11PM

It's a bad thing for the criminal. It's a good thing for society.

Date: October 08, 2009 07:21PM

A.B.D Wrote:
> Every other civilized country is able to function
> without a death penalty..except for America. I
> guess RV doesnt have any concern for all the
> innocent people that where put to death, its all
> "conspiracy theories" right?

Notice I pointed out the "obvious" murders. Circumstantial evidence would include things like DNA only wouldn't it? So the folks convicted on DNA only would not be eligible for the death penalty.

EDIT: Talk to Scotland about their lack of a death penalty and all that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2009 07:22PM by Registered Voter.

Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: October 08, 2009 07:22PM

I don't believe in the death penalty for women because I don't think they should be hung like a man

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Posted by: tojo ()
Date: October 08, 2009 07:45PM

A.B.D Wrote:
> without a death penalty..

Japan is uncivilized? who knew?

Wait, they ARE civilized and you are just an uninformed idiot.

Posted by: Wise One ()
Date: October 08, 2009 07:46PM

+1

graymoose1 Wrote:
> I don't believe in the death penalty for women
> because I don't think they should be hung like a
> man

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 08, 2009 08:33PM

nobody disagrees with my post? well, it seems we have a winner!

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: October 08, 2009 10:53PM

Gravis Wrote:
> nobody disagrees with my post? well, it seems we
> have a winner!

They were just too busy bashing me to notice :)

Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: October 08, 2009 10:56PM

Gravis Wrote:
> nobody disagrees with my post? well, it seems we
> have a winner!

i disagree with this statement

Date: October 08, 2009 11:05PM

bloody blisters Wrote:
> Gravis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > nobody disagrees with my post? well, it seems
> we
> > have a winner!
>
>
> i disagree with this statement

+1 lol

Posted by: Regis-turd Voter ()
Date: October 12, 2009 03:10PM

i disagree with them bashing me

Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: October 13, 2009 02:26AM

A.B.D Wrote:
> without a death penalty..except for America. I
> guess RV doesnt have any concern for all the
> innocent people that where put to death, its all
> "conspiracy theories" right?

Nah, China is a proud sponsor of the death penalty, too.

Luckily, they also tie it in with a burgeoning organ donation business.

Though, I suppose, that means that in China, your sentence takes into consideration the fact that your blood type and other genetic factors might match a high paying foreign organ recipient. So you might murder someone, and not be a match, so you get life, and you might steal a cup of rice, but Donald Trump needs your liver, so you get death.

I like that policy. It just seems to go well with our corporatism.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The function of conservatives is not to meet every liberal program or scheme with a denunciation or a destructive counterscheme, but rather to weigh its advantages and defects, supporting the first and challenging the second. A declaration of ideological warfare against liberalism is by its nature profoundly unconservative. It meets perceived radicalism with a counterradicalism of its own.

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: October 13, 2009 02:49AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2012 08:01PM by Alias.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.