HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: October 07, 2009 09:10PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2012 07:21PM by Alias.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Grasshopper Era
Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: October 07, 2009 09:15PM

Wow, that was incredibly stupid.

Hope you feel better now, though.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: October 07, 2009 09:17PM

More and more, I'm starting to agree with you. It makes me feel...

Dirty.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Date: October 08, 2009 12:46AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2012 07:20PM by Alias.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: October 08, 2009 12:52AM

Death to the lazy grasshopper!

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Date: October 08, 2009 01:06AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2012 07:14PM by Alias.

Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: October 08, 2009 02:10AM

but wouldnt a dead grasshopper provide food for the ant?

Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: October 08, 2009 06:15AM

Fuck ants! They are mindless drones! You might as well live in China! If all ants had freedom to reproduce, you can bet they wouldn't work so hard and their precious "queen" would be introduced to the guillotine.

Like the queen ant has a hard job! She sits around all day having babies and watching Oprah while the rest of the colony brings her food and keeps shit in order. Does that sound familiar?

Posted by: RestonLass ()
Date: October 08, 2009 09:22AM

Americans asked for affordable health insurance that would be “be there” when they need it, with reasonable out of pocket expenses. This could be easily accomplished with simple legislation that establishes insurance industry regulations at the national level (superceding state regulations) and allows insurance providers to compete nationally.

So what does Congress give us? They give us a grand, ego-stroking social experiment with promises of a Public Option Insurance Plan (that is still in preliminary planning phase). If you look close at the side-by-side plans, that are suppose to be the grand savior for Americans, premiums for people 50-65 will be dictated by the insurance company, with no protection by the government.

Further, Congress is very quiet about illegal aliens. The bill mandates all AMERICANS must have insurance coverage or be fined and jailed if they will not (or can not) pay the fine, but the conservative estimated 12M-16M illegal aliens are exempt from this mandate and continue to use hospital ERs as their primary health care facility - courtesty of American tax payers.

Granted, it is no secret that Obama hopes to resolve (side step) this little hiccup by quietly working with Congress to draft a bill granting amnesty to 12M-16M illegal aliens and passing it during the wee hours of the morning when those pesky constituents won’t bother them.

To date, my Congressman and Senators (all Democrats) confirmed the Public Option Plan is still in the works, but they will notify me when something is drafted. They also made it clear that legalizing 12M-16M illegals, and moving them onto the Welfare and Medicaid rolls is best for the country because it gets them out of the hospital emergency rooms and better controls their health care costs.

They weren’t quite sure how this additional cost would be absorbed, but promised to get back with me as soon as they found out. Of course, they drew a big ol’ DUH! When asked about they plan to deal with illegals who continue to cross every day, filling the void from the latest amnesty to end all amnesties.

As this bill makes the rounds, forums and blogs posts are pretty much in agreement that Americans are being backed up against the wall, and the Congressional screwdriver is coming ever closer.

How did the request for simple legislation to rein in the Insurance Industry turn into this? I guess only the Grasshopper knows.

Since The grasshopper was found dead in a drug related incident, and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once prosperous but now blighted neighborhood - we may never know

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.