HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Spanish TV question
Posted by: Learning Spanish ()
Date: April 08, 2017 04:04PM

I watch a Spanish or Mexican TV channel and a program called "Chespirito", I turn on the subs to read. Question is why does Charu, a character, use his fingers in a talking fashion and repeat "esho, esho, esho? Also any Spanish channels that show Mexican wrestling with women?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Spanish TV question
Posted by: Mr. Pancho ()
Date: April 09, 2017 12:25AM

It's not charu it's chavo. El chavo is a character who's supposed to be this kid and uses his finger esho esho as to saying right, right, entiendes gringo?

Posted by: chingon ()
Date: April 09, 2017 12:41AM

best show on television. if he was here illegally, trump would give him a green card.

Posted by: esho - spanish eesh ()
Date: April 09, 2017 12:42AM

at least, I think so

Posted by: the baby eesh ()
Date: April 09, 2017 02:18AM

even when eesh was a baby they knew he was special.

Posted by: lov e that show ()
Date: April 09, 2017 04:05PM

I love that show, I get a kick out of the two bandits, kiko was funny, the fat guy reminds me a lot of a young Miz.

Posted by: Mr. Pancho ()
Date: April 09, 2017 04:29PM

Learning Spanish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I watch a Spanish or Mexican TV channel and a
> program called "Chespirito", I turn on the subs to
> read. Question is why does Charu, a character,
> use his fingers in a talking fashion and repeat
> "esho, esho, esho? Also any Spanish channels
> that show Mexican wrestling with women?
Attachments:
chavo (2).jpg

Posted by: good actor ()
Date: April 09, 2017 04:49PM

That little guy was one hell of a comedian. Nothing better than Female Mexican wrestling. What channel can I get the wrestling from Mexico?

Posted by: just an observation ()
Date: April 09, 2017 07:32PM

you guys don't get out much, do you

Posted by: it is hilarious ()
Date: April 11, 2017 05:12PM

I watch the "Honeymooners" and "Crosby Show" today and didn't laugh once. I watch an hour of "Chespirito's" and laughed the entire 2 hours and I don't even speak Spanish, that's how funny this show is. If your cable provider does not carry it, ask them to.

Posted by: ye,hi ()
Date: April 12, 2017 05:17PM

I watched this show, the kid gets beat up by adults a lot, they close fist him across the jaw a lot. Is that OK in Mexico and Spanish lands? Isn't that child abuse? Why does the audience laugh at it? I just don't get it.

Posted by: excellent show ()
Date: April 21, 2017 05:02PM

The fat guy is Edgar Vivar, he was the Fatty Arbuckle of Mexican TV. Edgar ballooned up to about 400lbs at one point

Posted by: spanish second language ()
Date: May 17, 2017 05:42PM

Mr. Pancho Wrote:
> It's not charu it's chavo. El chavo is a character
> who's supposed to be this kid and uses his finger
> esho esho as to saying right, right, entiendes
> gringo?

esho is not right. si means right.

Posted by: Nigger nonsense ()
Date: May 17, 2017 10:07PM

The one thing I like about beaners is they have an actual culture and values system that isn't so different from ours. They seem like good people who mean well most of the time. Everything about niggers is solely based off murder, rape, ignorance and vile thuggery.

Posted by: frijolero ()
Date: May 17, 2017 10:13PM

Dees tee bee chow no fahcking good, eet real cheety tee bee chow. I etop guacheeng eet eng no guatch eet no more.

Posted by: Just good comedy ()
Date: June 29, 2017 05:54PM

Just a good comedy show, lot of stolen material from TV situation comedies. A little bit of the Three Stooges prop comedy infused. Edgar Vivar looks like a different guy in many of the shows, one time he is about 300lbs at 5'4" another time he is about 160. It is on Fridays at about 8 and 9 for you lonely guys, lonely but not unhappy.

Posted by: fffffff ()
Date: June 29, 2017 10:18PM

did you say "Che Spirito"?

that's latin not spanish

most of french or spanish is somewhat butchered latin / italian ("romantic languages")

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: June 29, 2017 10:19PM

-
Attachments:
B4DE4F17-CED0-47A6-A86D-8DC518D50A24-198-0000005728FF5818.jpeg

Posted by: Scholar ()
Date: June 29, 2017 11:29PM

fffffff Wrote:
> did you say "Che Spirito"?
>
> that's latin not spanish
>
> most of french or spanish is somewhat butchered
> latin / italian ("romantic languages")

"Che Spirito" (two words) is Italian for "what spirit?" or "what ghost?". In Italian "ch" is pronounced like the "k" in English.

There is no word "che" in Classical Latin or even in commmon Latin.

In classical Latin, "spritus" if fourth declension, thus its ablative case would be "spiritu", not "spirito". Common Latin, however, generally lacked a fourth declension. Anything that is fourth declension in classical Latin collapses into the second declension in common Latin. Common Latin also lacks an ablative case, as a general rule. The functions of the ablative case in common Latin collapsed into the accusative case.

In fact, the nouns in the Romance languages are derived mostly from the accusative cases. Italian is an exception in that while the nouns in the singular derive generally from the common Latin accusative, in the plural, they derive from the nominative case.

French, Spanish, Italian, Romanian, Catalan, Provencal, Gallego and other romance languages evolved from common Latin. They are not "butchered: Latin, they represent evolutions of common Latin. Similarly, English is not "butchered" Anglo-Saxon, it is merely the evolution of Anglo-Saxon with an infusion of a Latin vocabulary.

Posted by: Scholar ()
Date: June 30, 2017 10:04AM

On a related note, if all four of those chicks were inviting me to come home with them, it would take almost everything I had to keep from cumming in my pants on the spot.

Good thing I'm good for a few plunges! Being younger has its advantages.

Posted by: The spic on the very left ()
Date: June 30, 2017 12:35PM

She's the most natural looking one of the bunch. I would tag her silly!

Posted by: pcnd7 ()
Date: June 30, 2017 12:43PM

In classical Latin, "spritus" if fourth declension, thus its ablative case would be "spiritu", not "spirito".

^^ nice try but wrong

one chooses the declention to make an expression. each expression is in itself correct. one cannot say an expression "is wrong" because not all expressions name the same group of people.

Posted by: n6me9 ()
Date: June 30, 2017 12:46PM

> they represent evolutions of common Latin

they represent an evolution of mistaken spellings and pronunciation "that became defacto by misuse by many"

only a democrat would call that progress !

Posted by: muw64 ()
Date: June 30, 2017 12:51PM

> "The functions of the ablative case in common Latin collapsed into the accusative case."

you just said the ablatives are used as ablatives, your an idiot

actually latin, minus it's cripple reliance upon declention, was very expressive and flexible

things like word order or implied meaning were in the air - just as language is today

"functions of ablatives were collapsed to ablatives" it total bullshit

Posted by: y4pkb ()
Date: June 30, 2017 01:06PM

latin translations are fun because they are witty and convey allot of knowledge

"tempus volat", time flies.

learning latin one finds allot of these expression are treasures but also a pain at homework time because they DO NOT FOLLOW simple rules being taught

romans may not have had computers (they did have geared computing) and did understand allot of things democrats say they didn't: for example - about Equity Law - which communist democrats simply do not allow.

ablative: modifies or limits a VERB: "by what", "by whom", ...

The Romans used the ablative sometimes with or without a preposition. There is no simple rule of thumb for translating.

(note "that spirit" has no VERB - it doesn't even have necessity of an implied or assumed verb. no ablatives here !!)

Posted by: ndh4n ()
Date: June 30, 2017 01:09PM

many who studied English grammar would say something like this:

"that spirit" contains a pronoun and it's noun, no verb thus no chance of ablatives

Posted by: cxnfv ()
Date: June 30, 2017 01:10PM

in our next lesson we'll discover Objects and Direct Objects, the core of language and meaning ... which aren't always used after all

Posted by: pp7mp ()
Date: June 30, 2017 01:14PM

romans didn't just try to connect and modernize (and control) europe, they also tried to get them all on the same page, all speaking latin.

Posted by: v9dgh ()
Date: June 30, 2017 01:16PM

they spread universally spoken law "University", Equity Law

today you'll find the universal part is trodden upon by Wordpad idiots who are not on the same level as the legal people in the roman times (for a reason: back then law was the shit and a forefront - intelligent people were there doing it)

Posted by: xkdyp ()
Date: June 30, 2017 01:48PM

Believe it or not, it's both! Yes, it's true. A word can be both a noun and a verb. In fact, there are many words that can be used to name a person, place or thing and also describe an action.

http://wonderopolis.org/wonder/can-a-word-be-both-a-noun-and-a-verb

Posted by: crockaphile ()
Date: June 30, 2017 04:36PM

A person can learn Spanish from this program like a person can buy a brand new Chevrolet truck by collecting redeemable cans.

Posted by: tell you waht ()
Date: June 30, 2017 04:39PM

You want to see some fine looking Spanish babes? Try Mexican female wrestling from Mexico on YouTube. Not all the girls are Mexican though, many are From South America. Check out the chicks "Dollie" and "Estralina"

Posted by: Hugebert ()
Date: June 30, 2017 04:41PM

pp7mp Wrote:
> romans didn't just try to connect and modernize
> (and control) europe, they also tried to get them
> all on the same page, all speaking latin.

Many. many, Romans spoke Greek, all their borrowed philosophy and sciences were written in Greek

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: June 30, 2017 04:43PM

Mexicans are so dumb.

Posted by: crazy cool programs ()
Date: August 09, 2017 03:45PM

I used to enjoy Chespirito with the great actor Edgar ViVar as Nunu. He was up to 300 lbs and stood about 5'2". He was such a pig!

Posted by: anybody remebber ()
Date: August 10, 2017 06:21PM

There was, years ago, a circus act with young Mexican boys called "Los Muchachos" on TV Mexico as well as a companion touring troupe throughout the USA. Mexican kids who performed gymnastics and trapeze stuff. Does anyone remember the circus?

Posted by: htkfg ()
Date: August 10, 2017 08:53PM

Hispanic TV?

Filled with filth / slutty game shows (not naked but pretending to be f'ign naked on tv) and violence.

why the Church decided they like hispanics because "the attended Church more often" is a crisis of DUH. it's what you do when you leave, not how quiet you are when there.

should have focused on people becoming so harassed with workload they got cut off, who weren't making shemale videos smoking pot and protesting gov

Posted by: classic comedy ()
Date: August 22, 2017 06:43PM

The show is good, some of the programs have a disturbing sexual suggestion theme. Lots of paddling and crazy stuff for a program filmed in the late 1970s, the other day they were confusing insect problems with incest problems. The legendary edgar Vivar had a strong influence on the comedy of John Belushi I've heard.

Posted by: rip off of Gilligan's Island ()
Date: August 25, 2017 04:31PM

Show is an obvious rip off of Gilligan's Island. The Little guy is Gilligan, the fat guy is the skipper, the young girl is Mary Anne, the professor is the professor, Dona Florintino is Ginger, the court yard is the island. The older lady is Mrs Howell.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.