HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Libtard writer from Huffington Post busted for cheating in marathon
Posted by: Dirty Deceitful Demtards ()
Date: February 22, 2017 09:29PM

Jane Seo blazed across the finish line at last weekend's Fort Lauderdale Half Marathon with a stellar time of 1 hour 21 minutes. The professional New York food blogger's blistering 6:15-per-mile pace earned her second place among the thousands who raced. Seo paraded around the finish line while grinning and gripping a gaudy medal.

But her pace, it turns out, was too good to be true. Seo has now been disqualified for cutting the course — a crime she confessed to only after a computer sleuth crushed her elaborate coverup. A lengthy post published on marathoninvestigation.com documented her lies in exquisite detail. She later posted a four-paragraph apology to her 34,400 Instagram followers.

“I made a HORRIBLE choice .. what an idiot I was!” she wrote in a post that's since been taken down. “I am extremely ashamed … I am so sorry everyone.”

Suspicions arose almost immediately after Seo, who is 24 and writes regularly for the Huffington Post, crossed the finish line in the 13.1 half-marathon division Sunday. Race timer Josh Stern quickly noted that her timing chip logged unusually fast miles in the second half of the race, when runners often slow down rather than dramatically speed up. He confronted Seo, who persuaded race director Matt Lorraine to keep her listed as the number two finisher, with her time just under 1 hour 22 minutes.

But after the race, someone tipped off Derek Murphy, a business analyst by day who has become the world's best internet sleuth at busting cheating runners.

He began digging into Seo's time and soon came across a prime piece of evidence: a photo of her at the finish line that clearly showed her race-tracking Garmin watch. He enlarged the photo, which showed the watch matched her time of 1 hour 22 minutes but also showed she had covered only 11.65 miles — nearly two miles short of the full race.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/restaurants/new-york-food-blogger-busted-for-cheating-in-fort-lauderdale-half-marathon-9156729

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Libtard writer from Huffington Post busted for cheating in marathon
Posted by: Dirty Deceitful Demtards ()
Date: February 22, 2017 09:33PM

Posted by: Libtards are Fucking Worthless ()
Date: February 22, 2017 09:37PM

All libtards are frauds and dishonest losers.

Posted by: TheTroof ()
Date: February 22, 2017 10:16PM

She learned from Bill & Hillary Clinton the way to go through life is cheat cheat cheat lie lie lie.

sad.

Posted by: trumpitality ()
Date: February 22, 2017 10:20PM

Dirty Deceitful Demtards Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She went to Harvard, LOL

She wrote her thesis on NYC food trucks!

WTF

Posted by: A lesson to be learned ()
Date: February 23, 2017 12:16PM

You gotta wonder how man times other dillweeds have gamed the system and gotten away with it. It's dickbags, like this pos, that ruin things for other people. I was once cheated out of a contest and everyone knew that the other person cheated, but it was set up as an honor system, so nobody did or said anything! I knew in the back of my mind that I had won, but the cunt took the grand prize, which was the suckiest part of the whole thing. At least this cunt got caught, even better, she had to admit it! ;-)

Do you notice her choice of words?
Posted by: mPJPy ()
Date: February 23, 2017 07:26PM

“I made a HORRIBLE choice .. what an idiot I was!”

If you knew nothing about the story, but only read that sentence, you'd have no idea what she did. Very neutral language... because her "self-esteem" might be damaged otherwise.

No, you LIED and CHEATED and you are a dishonest thieving scumbag.

Posted by: Libs, am I right... ()
Date: February 23, 2017 07:29PM

good thing conservatives NEVER lie or cheat and always pay taxes and honor all their contracts. Libs, am I right...

Posted by: XxmGn ()
Date: February 26, 2017 05:46AM

Even more shocking is how common this must be for a guy to routinely investigate these.

Posted by: XxmGn ()
Date: February 26, 2017 05:48AM

at least she didn't do this

shitting-runner-in-marathon.jpg

Posted by: Gunlover ()
Date: February 26, 2017 08:20AM

She was probably the person/moderator who banned Gerry from the HuffPost.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.