HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
This guy is my hero!
Posted by: nv7ce ()
Date: January 12, 2017 10:55PM

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/trending/228849499-story

A Virginia man used five wheelbarrows to haul in 300,000 pennies to pay off the sales tax on two of his new cars at the Department of Motor Vehicles.

According to the Bristol Herald Courier, Nick Stafford wheeled in the change into the DMV office in Lebanon, Virginia, after a months-long dispute with the DMV in which he was denied direct phone numbers for DMV offices.

Stafford’s battle began last September when he initially called the Lebanon DMV office for a licensing question he had. When he tried to call the office, he was rerouted to a call center in Richmond.

After filing a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), Stafford received a direct phone number for the Lebanon office, which employees told him was not meant for the public to call.

Stafford then decided he wanted direct phone numbers to nine other DMV offices. But DMV employees would not provide them, which led him to file three lawsuits on the matter.

“If they were going to inconvenience me then I was going to inconvenience them,” Stafford told the newspaper.

This is exactly how it is at the DMV where I live. You cant call the office, you get routed to Richmond. Lazy fucking state employees.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This guy is my hero!
Posted by: Ironic Ironer ()
Date: January 13, 2017 02:33AM

He gave them his 2 cents worth.

Posted by: sure thing ()
Date: January 13, 2017 10:07AM

way too much work, but whatever floats your boat!

Posted by: Your VA Governor ()
Date: January 14, 2017 07:28AM

I am the Governor and your not. This is the way I want it run. I am the Governor I know what is best for you. I am the Governor. I know everything and you know nothing. So don't blame the state employees it's their leader, the New Y
ork Zar.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.