HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
H-1B Companies to be Gutted. Bye Bye Foreigners Running US Companies
Posted by: Buh Bye Bye ()
Date: January 12, 2017 12:42PM

With Trump readying to take office later this month, policies are being formed and nominations confirmed. How his term(s) will affect immigration and jobs are hot-button topics, and the H-1B visa is squarely in the crossfire.

Last week, a bill titled the “Protect and Grow American Jobs Act” was re-introduced by co-authors Congressman Darrell Issa (R-California) and Representative Scott Peters (D-Calif). The bill severely limits the scope of the H-1B, and raises the minimum salary requirement from $60,000 to $100,000 for anyone utilizing the visa to work in the United States.

As we’ve noted previously, raising the salary bar is designed to encourage companies to hire domestically for all but the most specialized fields or jobs. Trump has spoken out against H-1B, most publicly at a Republican debate last March when he said it was “very, very bad for workers,” and the U.S. “should end it.”

Representative Zoe Lofgren (R-California) suggested recently that the Protect and Grow American Jobs Act “doesn’t do anything” to curb use of H-1B. She accused Issa of protecting his district, which covers San Diego and Orange County, rather than the United States as a whole.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: H-1B Companies to be Gutted. Bye Bye Foreigners Running US Companies
Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: January 12, 2017 01:19PM

One Republican says it does something and another Republican says it doesn't do shit he's lying. Which one is it? I tend not to believe republicans can actually do something to help American workers so I'll side with the latter until there is more certainty.

Posted by: shut up you lying doofus ()
Date: January 12, 2017 01:24PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One Republican says it does something and another
> Republican says it doesn't do shit he's lying.
> Which one is it? I tend not to believe
> republicans can actually do something to help
> American workers so I'll side with the latter
> until there is more certainty.

If you knew anything, you'd know that Zoe Lofgren is NOT a Republican. She is the furthest thing from a Republican.

But, because you are an uniformed lying doofus, you don't know that.

Just another example of fake news you fell for! Moron.

Posted by: Gruntled ()
Date: January 12, 2017 01:26PM

One can but hope. The trouble is, while Trump campaigned on the problems of H1Bs, the rest of the Republican party wants corporations to still have access to cheap tech labor. I think the best I can get would be for the two to stonewall each other so that the situation doesn't get any worse.

Obama was more than willing to play ball with the Republicans on this issue, but Trump campaigned against it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.