HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
How I Ended Up In A Psych Ward On Election Night
Posted by: Not a Snowflake ()
Date: December 07, 2016 12:03PM

How I Ended Up In A Psych Ward On Election Night
A top Hillary fundraiser’s fall
11/29/2016 03:47 am ET | Updated 7 hours ago

by Benjamin Ryan Science Reporter, Hillblazer. benryan.net.

I found out Donald Trump had won the Electoral College while midstream in providing a urine sample for the emergency psychiatric staff of a New York City public hospital. The unlockable bathroom door in this unescapable wing was ajar, and I could hear the victorious Mike Pence’s sinister Sunday-school baritone taunting me with the truth from the hallway television.

For the preceding witching hours of election night, I had lain in a fetal position amidst a cast of anonymous men nursing their own crises, my hands clasped tightly over my ears. It wasn’t that I minded the howls of the guy nearby who was shackled to his cot and monitored by an unimpressed brood of policemen. Instead, I wanted to spare myself any word of the far greater insanity unfolding beyond the hospital walls.

Drained of tears, too tired to sleep, I stared at the fluorescent ceiling lights —which, indifferent to our suffering, remained on throughout the night — and endured the passing time by willing my thoughts to vanish into the dull glow. For a second, I imagined someone would burst in and proclaim, “It’s all right, Hillary won!” and I would bound out of bed, awoken from this nightmare.
This was all just a dream, right?

A while before, during the final hour of November 8, I had committed myself to institutional psychiatric care.

[the rest here http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/my-post-election-crisis-a-top-hillary-fundraisers_us_583d2ae0e4b0bb2962f17854 ]

One of several photos of the guy in the article
583d3e6b180000fb1231055c.jpg

Bottom of article had this
If you or someone you know needs help, call 1-800-273-8255 for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Outside of the U.S., please visit the International Association for Suicide Prevention for a database of resources.
+++++++++++++++++++++++

I strongly supported Trump, but have friends and family who were upset over Trump’s victory. None were at the point of a breakdown like this guy was.

I could pretty easily “talk family/friends down off the ledge” (they never even came close to the ledge) by pointing out that their anxiety over Trump was fueled by the same left-wing fake news echo chamber media bubble that said that Trump didn’t have a chance of winning. If those media were so wrong about Trump’s chances, maybe they are equally wrong about how a Trump presidency will play out.

The author and similar troubled people (whether supporters of Hillary, Trump, or whoever) can and should get the help they need.

I confess to a certain amount of Schadenfreude in spite of my sympathy for the author and similar severely misguided, possibly mentally-ill, people.

It’s the Schadenfreude that this must see funny video immediately came to mind; GEICO Drill Sgt Therapist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxK1agIXKeM

I feared for the country when Obama won, but I didn't assume a fetal position or melt like a snowflake.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How I Ended Up In A Psych Ward On Election Night
Posted by: Wonder about Gerry ()
Date: December 07, 2016 07:46PM

Wonder if Gerry ended up in a similar breakdown that kept him away from FFXUG for a while.

Posted by: addadicktome surgery ()
Date: December 07, 2016 07:51PM

Gerry should give some consideration to this type of surgery. Trumpcare will cover it.

Posted by: Libtard lunacy ()
Date: December 07, 2016 09:21PM

Attachments:
laugh5.gif

Posted by: liberalismisamentalillness ()
Date: December 07, 2016 09:55PM

addadicktome surgery Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gerry should give some consideration to this type
> of surgery. Trumpcare will cover it.

It was a pre-existing condition anyway and he supports that.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.