HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
how has your drinking tastes changed since college?
Posted by: drinkigg ()
Date: October 23, 2016 03:06PM

in college i drank a bit, was in a fraternity, but as a dork i would study rather than party mostly. however, since i was a poor college student, we drank shit beer. i mean horrible beer. milwaukee's best would be considered a luxury compared to thie shit we drank. i remember the social committee would pay something like 7 bucks for a case of beer, like meister brau, or goebel's and this included the michigan bottle deposit. i really didn't touch hard alcohol in college. at our parties we'd have really cheap shit like popov vodka, for screwdrivers or jello shots. now, 20 years later, i don't drink beer at all. i only drink mixed drinks, like rum and coke. i don't do shots, we sometimes did shots in college, of nasty stuff. if it was your birthday, you had to drink prarie fires, screw that, glad i turned 21 in the uk so i didn't have to do that. i kind of developed a taste for guinness and bass in college but couldn't afford to drink it in school, really only in the summer when i worked.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how has your drinking tastes changed since college?
Posted by: opposite day ()
Date: October 23, 2016 03:26PM

I actually ended up going the opposite direction. Every party at my college people were handing you shots of cheap shitty vodka...Burnetts in particular comes to mind. After those years I end up going with beer 99% of the time

Posted by: ophere ()
Date: October 23, 2016 03:30PM

who knows, maybe i can't find the crap beer i drank in college. even when i was in grad school, if i bough stuff to drink at home, it was just beer. i don't think i bought a bottle of booze until i was probably 30 something. when i was in grad school i might get a shot of sambucca or something like that, but even then i was just beer. probably again because i was poor and i would drink whatever was cheapest.

i find that i don't even like guinness anymore. then again i never go out anymore. ever since the smoking ban i've lost all interest in going to bars.

Posted by: FOH ()
Date: October 23, 2016 03:53PM

ophere Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> who knows, maybe i can't find the crap beer i
> drank in college. even when i was in grad school,
> if i bough stuff to drink at home, it was just
> beer. i don't think i bought a bottle of booze
> until i was probably 30 something. when i was in
> grad school i might get a shot of sambucca or
> something like that, but even then i was just
> beer. probably again because i was poor and i
> would drink whatever was cheapest.
>
> i find that i don't even like guinness anymore.
> then again i never go out anymore. ever since the
> smoking ban i've lost all interest in going to
> bars.

I hear ya, never enjoyed the bar scene myself. My buddy used to work front of house at a restaurant in Merrifield and when he was off he would head to a bar and spent like half his pay. I was like dude you could have bought a really nice 12 pack and an even nicer dinner and you're buying 7$ bud lights?

Posted by: get drunk now ()
Date: October 23, 2016 03:57PM

Grew up on 40's (think schlitz malt liquor, mickey's, king cobra, 211) and although sometimes I crack an ice-cold one on a hot day after cutting the grass in memory of an old friend and drink it all in 10 minutes (one of our old pasttimes, also gets you drunk quick off of < $3.00)...I sip whiskeys now. Anything from good 'ol jack to jonnhie walker blue if i got a bonus on my paycheck.

The hangovers are worse of course, but I get by with some Pho or meundo or some plain ol beef stew and plenty of gatorade/water.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.