HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
This McDonnell fool
Posted by: scary ()
Date: August 31, 2009 08:35AM

This man is really a dangerous extremist.

"...Robert F. McDonnell submitted a master's thesis to the evangelical school he was attending in Virginia Beach in which he described working women and feminists as "detrimental" to the family."

"He described as "illogical" a 1972 Supreme Court decision legalizing the use of contraception by unmarried couples. "

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/29/AR2009082902434.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This McDonnell fool
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: August 31, 2009 09:19AM

Think he's scary...his running mate for Attorney-General is just as bad.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: August 31, 2009 09:34PM

Obama's science czar suggested compulsory abortion, sterilization
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Obamas-science-czar-suggested-compulsory-abortion-sterilization-50783612.html

No one gets to vote for this guy - he was just appointed by Obama.

When necessary, then, compulsory sterilization is justified. This attitude suffuses the following passage, in which the possibility of putting a “sterilant” into a population's drinking water is seriously discussed. Holdren and his co-authors do not recommend this particular method, but their objections to it are merely practical and health-related, not moral or stemming from any concern for human freedom:

Adding a sterilant to drinking water or staple foods is a suggestion that seems to horrify people more than most proposals for involuntary fertility control. Indeed, this would pose some very difficult political, legal, and social questions, to say nothing of the technical problems. No such sterilant exists today, nor does one appear to be under development. To be acceptable, such a substance would have to meet some rather stiff requirements: it must be uniformly effective, despite widely varying doses received by individuals, and despite varying degrees of fertility and sensitivity among individuals; it must be free of dangerous or unpleasant side effects; and it must have no effect on members of the oposite sex, children, old people, pets, or livestock...Again, there is no sign of such an agent on the horizon. And the risk of serious, unforeseen side effects would, in our opinion, militate against the use of any such agent, even though this plan has the advantage of avoiding the need for socioeconomic pressures that might tend to discriminate against particular groups or penalize children.

Even though they do not recommend it, note that Holdren and his co-authors treat this as a serious policy proposal with serious drawbacks -- not as an insane idea unworthy of consideration.

Excerpt from a site that tries to debunk the issue:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/jul/29/glenn-beck/glenn-beck-claims-science-czar-john-holdren-propos/

Later, the authors conclude, "Most of the population control measures beyond family planning discussed above have never been tried. Some are as yet technically impossible and others are and probably will remain unacceptable to most societies (although, of course, the potential effectiveness of those least acceptable measures may be great).

"Compulsory control of family size is an unpalatable idea, but the alternatives may be much more horrifying. As those alternatives become clearer to an increasing number of people in the 1980s, they may begin demanding such control. A far better choice, in our view, is to expand the use of milder methods of influencing family size preferences, while redoubling efforts to ensure that the means of birth control, including abortion and sterilization, are accessible to every human being on Earth within the shortest possible time. If effective action is taken promptly against population growth, perhaps the need for the more extreme involuntary or repressive measures can be averted in most countries."

I see from that article that evidently Beck addressed this issue. No, I didn't know he had spoken about it.

EDITORIAL: Obama's mad science adviser
Compulsory abortion and sterilization aren't youthful indiscretions
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/aug/16/obamas-mad-science-adviser/

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2009 09:44PM by Registered Voter.

Date: August 31, 2009 09:50PM

McDonnell has a real problem with this thesis. He was nearly 35 when he wrote it. He referred to legal rights being denied to "fornicators." WTF? Is this the 1600s? Is he going to start passing out Scarlett Letters?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Date: August 31, 2009 09:57PM

He was attending an evangelical university. Duh. They discuss issues in this manner. The fact that he attended the University was never hidden, and he never tried to suppress any of his records.

In his run for governor, McDonnell, 55, makes little mention of his conservative beliefs and has said throughout his campaign that he should be judged by what he has done in office, including efforts to lower taxes, stiffen criminal penalties and reform mental health laws. He reiterated that position Saturday in a statement responding to questions about his thesis.

"Virginians will judge me on my 18-year record as a legislator and Attorney General and the specific plans I have laid out for our future -- not on a decades-old academic paper I wrote as a student during the Reagan era and haven't thought about in years."

McDonnell added: "Like everybody, my views on many issues have changed as I have gotten older." He said that his views on family policy were best represented by his 1995 welfare reform legislation and that he "worked to include child day care in the bill so women would have greater freedom to work." What he wrote in the thesis on women in the workplace, he said, "was simply an academic exercise and clearly does not reflect my views."

McDonnell also said that government should not discriminate based on sexual orientation or ban contraceptives and that "I am not advocating vouchers as there are legal questions regarding their constitutionality in Virginia."

So what's it going to be, someone like Romney can't win an election because he is a Mormon (yet he was a Governor in a liberal state), but someone who is a Christian can't either? This one won't go very far except with the most extreme liberals (atheists) and some moderates who are extremely biased against religion. Other than that - not much. I am sure he came to the realization that "fornicators" were everywhere - thus his stand on NOT banning contraceptives.

Oooh aahh. He said "fornicators". Lol

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2009 09:59PM by Registered Voter.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: August 31, 2009 10:01PM

"was simply an academic exercise and clearly does not reflect my views."

You could make the same argument about the guy you quoted a couple posts up.

Date: August 31, 2009 10:02PM

That was my point.

Posted by: You Eat Cocksandwiches ()
Date: August 31, 2009 10:04PM

You probably don't realize this Registered Voter, but you are coming across just like Vince and his radical ways for which you criticize. You may play down the fact that you're not extreme, but your arrogance and cocksure positions (yes, literally and figuratively) have shown us all that you are not worthy of consideration of your opinons, forever how many you may waste on this medium. Perhaps your best bet is AM radio.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: August 31, 2009 10:04PM

Ah. I see. I foolishly had my political blinders on for a minute.

Date: August 31, 2009 10:06PM

You Eat Cocksandwiches Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You probably don't realize this Registered Voter,
> but you are coming across just like Vince and his
> radical ways for which you criticize. You may
> play down the fact that you're not extreme, but
> your arrogance and cocksure positions (yes,
> literally and figuratively) have shown us all that
> you are not worthy of consideration of your
> opinons, forever how many you may waste on this
> medium. Perhaps your best bet is AM radio.

Yes of course anony-trollie, of course. Your wisdom is immense.

Thanks for the FAIL post to prove your incredible insight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2009 10:07PM by Registered Voter.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: August 31, 2009 10:09PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
>
> He was attending an evangelical university.

Reason enough not to vote for him.

Posted by: Other than Honorable Service ()
Date: August 31, 2009 10:12PM

How old are you Registered Voter? Your political leanings are those of an 80 year old from Klan country Alabama, yet your posts belie a certain juvenile quality.

Posted by: Life. Please Get One. ()
Date: August 31, 2009 10:14PM

Confucious says that one who uses words like anony-trollie must be neutered to stop the reproductive parts from making another douchebag.

Posted by: ASVAB Waiver ()
Date: August 31, 2009 10:15PM

RV never made it above E-3. :-(

Posted by: At Regent, McDonnell Licked Scrotum ()
Date: August 31, 2009 10:19PM

I know. It pains him to know that most of his knowledge came AFTER the invention of the internet. He still uses Webcrawler.

Date: August 31, 2009 10:19PM

I am not religious. The Catholic Church and others established in the name of Christianity are in many cases, used to do more than just provide moral guidance. There are times the religious pulpit has been used to advocate for positions and such that have more to do with politics and money then they do with religion - and that is mainly because established religion can be used by influential people to manipulate opinions.

That isn't to say that religion doesn't serve a purpose, and at times is very beneficial to everyone that needs it. But not everyone needs organized religion to find meaning in life, nor do they need it shoved in their faces by others. But - religion has a lot to do with our laws and practices today, and had much to do with the formulation of our country. So it can't have been all bad, and if you understand that certain aspects of religion are beneficial to all of us, then it makes it easier to adapt beliefs to reconcile scientific and real-world realities. Also, understanding that (corruptible) men were the principle authors of these books back in a time when women held no power.

So Atheists and others are free to believe what they want - but they have no greater right to push their non-belief in religion on those who do. Atheism is as much a religion as others that believe in a deity or trinity.

Posted by: Try Again, Cum Muzzle ()
Date: August 31, 2009 10:22PM

Way to save face, fag butt. We still don't believe you.

Date: August 31, 2009 10:23PM

It's pretty funny watching trollie talk to himself.

Seriously, you should worry about your own sorry self. The fact that you sit here and try to psychoanalyze me or come up with some conclusion as to what my life is like is pretty funny.

Posted by: michael turner ()
Date: August 31, 2009 10:28PM

There's 3 of us, fag lips.

We see right through your inconsistencies and hypocritical posts. I believe that your E-3 likeness would not be smart enough to cover your own tracks.

Posted by: ASVAB WAIVER ()
Date: August 31, 2009 10:28PM

Truth: Registered Voter always got two points on his PMA. :-(

Date: August 31, 2009 10:30PM

Well, if you are so interested in my fagness, I suppose you should whip it out if you are looking to get serviced. So far you are just boring coward trolltards that seem to have a fascination with gays.

Posted by: ebita ()
Date: August 31, 2009 10:32PM

Fascination with your reply posts. You really know how to gay up a thread, retarded rightwing voter.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: August 31, 2009 10:33PM

Inkahootz is on the rampage tonight. Must have had a bad day behind the register at 7-11.....

Posted by: wrong bitches ()
Date: August 31, 2009 10:34PM

fairfaxdude and ferfux really know how to stick up for registered voter. they must be sharing a room.

Date: August 31, 2009 10:37PM

Hey, just fulfilling you fantasies. I know how much you want to experience a Larry Craig moment.

Posted by: mc ren ()
Date: August 31, 2009 10:39PM

who the fuck is that? ebita, tell him how gay he is.

Date: August 31, 2009 10:39PM

Ah, see.. now there you go, I answer your every accusation, and then you go and drag others into the conversation.

You really are desperate aren't you.

Posted by: you are wackenhut ()
Date: August 31, 2009 10:41PM

He's GAY like a summer's breeze blowing through his scrotal sack while being tickled by young man named, Javier. Javier sometime trills his "rrr's", which explains the likeness by this young lad registered sex offender.

Date: August 31, 2009 10:42PM

lol......to a "t"

plus 10000

Posted by: ren ren ()
Date: August 31, 2009 10:43PM

he'll never understand why he's inconsistent because he doesn't have time to review his posts, only pull quotations from his ass

Date: August 31, 2009 10:43PM

Well, glad you all got your jollies tonight. Now run along and have some more beers before your ho's come looking for your sorry asses. Inktard - I think your bitch needs her back scratched, that boil she got from laying on her back for you is starting to itch.

Posted by: Pub Connected ()
Date: August 31, 2009 10:44PM

Inkahootz has a long history with snorting coke. Ever since his parents got divorced he went off the deep end and got real into hard drugs. That's partly why he's been in jail so much.

Posted by: Amber and Tavis ()
Date: August 31, 2009 10:46PM

We're all real glad you left for Florida. Everyone talks about how unstable you are, wanting to fight everyone that you thought was your mythical Bob.

Date: August 31, 2009 10:47PM

what the fuck is an inktard? are you losing your moxie? quit being such a boring conservative bitch follower. you two-face your own words by saying your moderate, yet criticize the same shit by the time PM comes around. do you have multiple personalities or is this the woman in you trying to speak to others?

Date: August 31, 2009 10:49PM

eesh revealed

Posted by: David Yee ()

You're real trouble. Stay in Florida this time and try not to get fired from jobs anymore.

GOT IT! i see anonymizer service, but I can break it easily.

Date: August 31, 2009 10:50PM

done. eesh is troll. fairfaxdude is also there. too fucken EZ

Date: August 31, 2009 10:52PM

dude, I also have reg voter on one of my scripts. pm my registered name.

Posted by: current hick ()
Date: August 31, 2009 11:02PM

scary Wrote:
> "He described as "illogical" a 1972 Supreme Court
> decision legalizing the use of contraception by
> unmarried couples. "

He's quite right about that. The 1965 Griswold decision overturning anti-contraception laws was rooted specifically in marital privacy.

The extension of the rule of Griswold to the facts of Eisenstadt - the decision legalizing contraceptive use for unmarried couples mentioned in your quote - is quite illogical.

This point is addressed in note 5 of this article: http://eprints.law.duke.edu/528/1/38_Duke_L._J._1677_(1989).pdf, as is the overall logical dubiousness of the Griswold-Eisenstadt-Roe line of cases. Many pro-choice scholars, and even pro-choice Supreme Court justices, believe that Roe is poorly reasoned, http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/opinionla/la-oew-schaeffer31-2009aug31,0,6001884.story.

I can understand that you may think the state law overturned in Eisenstadt was misguided on public policy grounds, and, further, that you might not wish to vote for anyone who disagreed with even an illogical decision overturning a perceivedly bad law; nonetheless, McDonnell is correct in his conclusion that Eisenstadt was illogical.

Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: August 31, 2009 11:11PM

Helloo.... What's going on in this thread? The Mooninites are blessing us with their presence.. along with MC Pee Pants?

Date: August 31, 2009 11:12PM

I am just acting the part of Registered Target tonight :)

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: August 31, 2009 11:13PM

Long story short: Inkahootz is trolling hard tonight. Probably too much to drink.
Wonder what his liver looks like?

Date: August 31, 2009 11:18PM

Registered Voter Wrote:

> Atheism is as much a religion as others that
> believe in a deity or trinity.

Non-sense..we have no dogma but science. But again..it doesnt surprise me that a religious zealot like yourself cannot distinguish between science and religion.

By the way...that article you posted about Obama's science advisor..that must be the source for the latest republican lie about health insurance reform...I heard just today the republican senator from LA telling a crowd that the health insurance proposals include a manditory abortion provision..lies, after lies, after lies.

But really...what does this science advisor have to do with the governors race in VA? Are you insinuating that Deeds is responsible for the views of the advisor? Or that all democrats support forced abortions? Nonsense! The facts are that McDonell wrote his paper while he was in his 30s. He has taken every action possible to make it difficult for an adult women in VA to obtain a legal abortion. He has even refused to support a bill that differentiated abortion from birth control.

Comparing and equating the views of a science advisor to the president and then the future democratic governor of VA is an intentional distortion of the truth...that is called a lie! And there should be no surprise that once again I call you out as a liar!

Date: August 31, 2009 11:20PM

current hick Wrote:
> scary Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "He described as "illogical" a 1972 Supreme
> Court
> > decision legalizing the use of contraception by
> > unmarried couples. "
>
>
> He's quite right about that. The 1965 Griswold
> decision overturning anti-contraception laws was
> rooted specifically in marital privacy.
>
> The extension of the rule of Griswold to the facts
> of Eisenstadt - the decision legalizing
> contraceptive use for unmarried couples mentioned
> in your quote - is quite illogical.
>
> This point is addressed in note 5 of this article:
> http://eprints.law.duke.edu/528/1/38_Duke_L._J._16
> 77_(1989).pdf, as is the overall logical
> dubiousness of the Griswold-Eisenstadt-Roe line of
> cases. Many pro-choice scholars, and even
> pro-choice Supreme Court justices, believe that
> Roe is poorly reasoned,
> http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/opinionla/la-o
> ew-schaeffer31-2009aug31,0,6001884.story.
>
> I can understand that you may think the state law
> overturned in Eisenstadt was misguided on public
> policy grounds, and, further, that you might not
> wish to vote for anyone who disagreed with even an
> illogical decision overturning a perceivedly bad
> law; nonetheless, McDonnell is correct in his
> conclusion that Eisenstadt was illogical.

It's as illogical as thinking the second amendment of the constitution defends the rights of individuals to own a gun.

Date: August 31, 2009 11:21PM

Virginia has become moderate over the past decade. I don't think the electorate is going to stomache a radical God-squader as governor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: August 31, 2009 11:32PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> Virginia has become moderate over the past decade.
> I don't think the electorate is going to stomache
> a radical God-squader as governor.

And yet, Deeds is behind at the moment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 01:03AM by Registered Voter.

Posted by: Lopter ()
Date: August 31, 2009 11:35PM

Is somebody intentionally trying to sink the Republican party? WTF is this doing?

Let the Republican freak continue...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/31/AR2009083103045.html

A graduate of CBN University, the school founded by Pat Robertson (a leading donor to Mr. McDonnell) and named for his Christian Broadcasting Network.

In fact, Mr. McDonnell's study, written in 1989 at age 34 in support of his master's degree in public policy and degree in law, is a full-throated attack on liberals, modernity, the Great Society and inheritance taxes, among other supposed ills, which he linked to and blamed for homosexuality, declining morality and the degradation of the traditional family, along with the proliferation of pornography, out-of-wedlock sex, day care, birth control, pregnant teenagers, divorce, single mothers, working women and feminists.

Date: August 31, 2009 11:46PM

Lopter Wrote:
which he linked to and blamed for homosexuality,
> declining morality and the degradation of the
> traditional family, along with the proliferation
> of pornography, out-of-wedlock sex, day care,
> birth control, pregnant teenagers, divorce, single
> mothers, working women and feminists.

Or, as McDonnell likes to call them...FORNICATORS!!!!

Date: August 31, 2009 11:55PM

Can't wait to see what this Republican has hiding in his closet. Drugs? Sexual affairs with hookers or clergy? Some money scandel? Everytime a guy like this steps up with a holy than now attitude you can bet he has all sorts of hidden deviant behavoir stashed away.

Date: September 01, 2009 07:24AM

> Virginia has become moderate over the past decade.
> I don't think the electorate is going to stomache
> a radical God-squader as governor.

It all depends on whose "base" gets energized to vote! A gunctoten democrat from the hills of VA doesnt excite the more left leaning part of the democratic party. I will vote for him..because I always vote...but I have refused to donate money to his cause...I have focused my financial vote on the attorney-general's race and my local state representative. McDonnell could definately win.

Date: September 01, 2009 09:22AM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> -----
> > Virginia has become moderate over the past
> decade.
> > I don't think the electorate is going to
> stomache
> > a radical God-squader as governor.
>
>
> It all depends on whose "base" gets energized to
> vote! A gunctoten democrat from the hills of VA
> doesnt excite the more left leaning part of the
> democratic party. I will vote for him..because I
> always vote...but I have refused to donate money
> to his cause...I have focused my financial vote on
> the attorney-general's race and my local state
> representative. McDonnell could definately win.

This kind of nonsense from McDonnell will mobilize the left-leaning part of the Democratic Party. This is what Deeds needs to win.

Date: September 01, 2009 09:25AM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> -----
> > Virginia has become moderate over the past
> decade.
> > I don't think the electorate is going to
> stomache
> > a radical God-squader as governor.
>
> And yet, Deeds is behind at the moment.
>
>

This McDonnell thesis could be a game changer. He bashes working women, gays and "fornicators." Basically, if you aren't a married white man like him, your an asshole. That won't play well.

Date: September 01, 2009 09:37AM

He criticized tax credits for child care expenses because it "encouraged women to enter the workforce", and thinks religion should be taught in public schools.

>
> This McDonnell thesis could be a game changer.

Hopefully. This class of people have no business holding public office.

Date: September 01, 2009 09:42AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> He criticized tax credits for child care expenses
> because it "encouraged women to enter the
> workforce", and thinks religion should be taught
> in public schools.
>
>
>
> -----
> >
> > This McDonnell thesis could be a game changer.
>
>
> Hopefully. This class of people have no business
> holding public office.

Was the Pat Robertson school even accredited at the time McDonnell graduated?

Date: September 01, 2009 09:50AM

>
> Was the Pat Robertson school even accredited at the time McDonnell graduated?

Last year this same "college" suspended a student and ordered him to get a psychiatric evaluation after he posted an "unflattering" photo of Pat Robertson on his Facebook account.

That's the kind of educational focus going on at Bob McDonnell's alma mater.

Date: September 01, 2009 09:58AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > Was the Pat Robertson school even accredited at
> the time McDonnell graduated?
>
>
> Last year this same "college" suspended a student
> and ordered him to get a psychiatric evaluation
> after he posted an "unflattering" photo of Pat
> Robertson on his Facebook account.
>
> That's the kind of educational focus going on at
> Bob McDonnell's alma mater.

I love how he is blaming his views on "The Reagan Era." Nothing like pissing off your base in the process of defending yourself.

Date: September 01, 2009 10:16AM

>
> I love how he is blaming his views on "The Reagan
Era." Nothing like pissing off your base in the process of defending yourself.

What kind of 34 year old man chooses to get a degree from Pat Robertson's university?? That alone speaks volumes about this man's personal convictions.

Date: September 01, 2009 10:45AM

I'm sure the Republican's are doing everything they can right now to shutdown the internet.

Date: September 01, 2009 10:49AM

Good Ole Pat Robertson-

"Claimed that the portion of the U.S. Constitution that pertains to the separation of church and state was not in the original Constitution and was forged onto it by a Communist spy sent to Washington, DC, by the Russians in the late 1920s. According to Robertson, the original framers of the Constitution were told by God that the United States was to be governed by a coalition of ministers, businessmen and property owners, and that the words "democracy" and "republic" are nowhere to be found in the original U.S. Constitution, the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights." [1996]

Date: September 01, 2009 11:01AM

Lopter Wrote:
>
> the portion of the U.S. Constitution that pertains to the separation of church and state was not in the original Constitution and was forged onto it by a Communist spy

LOL. The man is nuttier than a goddamn fruitcake.

One can only imagine the kind of nitwits walking around his campuses.

Posted by: RestonLass ()
Date: September 01, 2009 11:31AM

I'm a Republican and there is no way I will vote for this man.

And I sure don't want Cuccinelli in a position where he can influence legislation. At least in the GA, there are enough counter votes to prevent his radical ideas from going anywhere.

Posted by: Truthiness ()
Date: September 01, 2009 11:45AM

I heart you RestonLass for seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

Date: September 01, 2009 02:05PM

Folks..Im warning you..the radical republican party is very hungry for a political win to foilow up on their recent town hall victories. VA is a very big prize for them and they are not going to just give up the state. Polls still show McDonnell significantly ahead. You need to do more then just vote in the ballot box..you need to vote with your pocket book and wallets...

http://gregfordelegate.com/

https://services.myngp.com/NGPOnlineServices/contribution.aspx?X=zhZohGEx1HG+JB7sF+dvm3cNO2wG4r1U

http://www.deedsforvirginia.com/action/join/?gclid=CMuKudP_0JwCFU1M5Qod-0sUMA

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 02:06PM by Vince(1).

Date: September 01, 2009 02:06PM

Wow, thanks for the warning. Not that you would ever stoop so low as to use fear mongering to get folks energized huh?

Lol

Posted by: RestonLass ()
Date: September 01, 2009 02:13PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> Folks..Im warning you..the radical republican
> party is very hungry for a political win to foilow
> up on their recent town hall victories.

There are many moderate, and even some liberal Republicans in the Party.

To condemn the entire party because of a few bad apples is as dangerous as voting a straight party ticket even though you don't like a few of the candidates.

I've met more and more Rebublican and Democrats who not only approve of splitting a ticket, they do it

Posted by: Nupid Stigger ()
Date: September 01, 2009 02:24PM

Anyopne is better than the baby-killing democrat alternative

Posted by: nothing from nothing leaves nothing ()
Date: September 01, 2009 02:54PM

Yes, anyone is better than the economy-killing republican alternative

Posted by: nothing is nothing less nothing plus nothing ()
Date: September 01, 2009 03:04PM

Yes, anyone is better than the economy-killing democrat alternative

Posted by: you've got nothing ()
Date: September 01, 2009 03:32PM

Yes, anyone is better than someone who got their education at Regent and wrote about fornicators and women needing to obey the man and not work.

Posted by: Youve got nothing ()
Date: September 01, 2009 03:39PM

Yes, anyone is better than no illiterate filthy baby-killing limousine-liberal who and praises partial-birth abortions and women needing to disobey the man and not work.

Date: September 01, 2009 03:41PM

RestonLass Wrote:
> Vince(1) Wrote:
> -----
> > Folks..Im warning you..the radical republican
> > party is very hungry for a political win to
> foilow
> > up on their recent town hall victories.
>
> There are many moderate, and even some liberal
> Republicans in the Party.
>
> To condemn the entire party because of a few bad
> apples is as dangerous as voting a straight party
> ticket even though you don't like a few of the
> candidates.
>
> I've met more and more Rebublican and Democrats
> who not only approve of splitting a ticket, they
> do it

Today..there are very few moderate or liberal card carrying republicans...they have been abandoned by their own party...they are independents now..and as you describe..vote independently. The last high profile republican to announce his support for a democrat was Powell...and it was announced by Cheney himself that Powell was no longer a republican.

Posted by: election loser = you ()
Date: September 01, 2009 03:43PM

Youve got nothing Wrote:
> Yes, anyone is better than no illiterate filthy
> baby-killing limousine-liberal who and praises
> partial-birth abortions and women needing to
> disobey the man and not work.

read it aloud. that's verbal diarrhea. don't forget to flush it, along with the fetus.

Posted by: election loser is you ()
Date: September 01, 2009 03:46PM

"read it aloud. that's verbal diarrhea. don't forget to flush it, along with the fetus."

read it aloud. asswipe. that's verbal diarrhea. don't forget to drwon it, along with the Mary Joe Koepechne and any liberal fetus you care to throw in.If the aborted fetus is liberal, I am all for it.

Posted by: King ()
Date: September 01, 2009 03:52PM

hahahahhaha! i must've hit a nerve. Oooooh GET PISSED now election loser!

Date: September 01, 2009 03:57PM

Independents begin to edge away from President Obama
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0709/24717.html

Obama retains extremely strong support from Democrats, and earlier this year lost much of the Republican support that followed a giddy Inauguration. It is the independents who appear to be currently on the move: Obama dropped 6 percentage points last week from the week before in Gallup’s tracking poll, and Quinnipiac University found a 5-percentage-point drop in approval from independents between early June and early July. Recent state polling shows drops over longer periods.

A Quinnipiac University poll of voters in economically troubled Ohio, released Tuesday, showed Obama’s approval rating slipping 8 points, to below 50 percent, from a poll two months earlier, with a plurality of 48 percent of independent voters disapproving of his job performance. A Public Policy Polling survey in Virginia found Obama’s approval and disapproval numbers effectively tied, with independents disapproving of the president’s job performance, 52 percent to 38 percent.

“That is fairly consistent with all our polling around the country — Obama tends to be really well-liked personally, but he’s starting to lose a majority of the independents,” said Public Policy’s Dean Debnam. Democrats have “had long enough in some voters’ minds that they’re getting blame for nothing happening, and Republicans are scaring them around health care and tax increases.”
The canaries in the Democratic coal mine, however, may be this year’s top candidates: Gov. Jon Corzine of New Jersey, who trails Republican Chris Christie in polls, and Virginia Democrat Creigh Deeds, who trailed Republican Bob McDonnell overall in this week’s Public Policy survey, and by a whopping 21 percentage points among independents.

In both races, local and national issues will be hard to disentangle — but McDonnell, particularly, is trying to turn the tables on Democratic candidates who in recent years tried to make every race a referendum on George W. Bush’s presidency.

“A lot of issues, such as cap and trade and card check, are really resonating with Virginia voters, and what they see is Bob McDonnell clearly articulating his opposition to them, and Creigh Deeds is silent, which is basically supporting them,” said McDonnell spokesman Tucker Martin.

McDonnell’s campaign sees particular potential in the coal-rich western part of the state, whose industry could suffer from policies aimed at shifting the country away from fossil fuels.

A Deeds spokesman, Jared Leopold, stressed his candidate’s commitment to state issues and said Deeds doesn’t have a position on the cap-and-trade bill.

Amazing - I thought the Virginia assembly was all for moving on cap and trade in the State - so how is it that Deeds has no position on it?

And Obama, of course, isn’t up for reelection anytime soon, and even nervous Democratic congressmen can keep their fingers crossed for economic recovery over the next year.

Posted by: KING ()
Date: September 01, 2009 03:57PM

hahahahhaha! i must've hit a nerve. Oooooh GET PISSED, I MEAN GET REALLY REALLY PISSED now election loser! *snicker*

Date: September 01, 2009 04:40PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> Lopter Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > the portion of the U.S. Constitution that
> pertains to the separation of church and state was
> not in the original Constitution and was forged
> onto it by a Communist spy
>
>
> LOL. The man is nuttier than a goddamn fruitcake.
>
>
> One can only imagine the kind of nitwits walking
> around his campuses.

I thought Palin was a bad choice by the Republicans, nope...

LMAO, I was reading some of the other McDonnell and Robertson stuff on the web and it just gets more bizarre. Granted some of the stuff happened 10-15 years ago, but how the two could of even have believed some of the stuff is far beyond me.

Palin hardly is a laugh in comparison with these two. Communist spies, government conspiracy theories, and wild religious claims. OMG, this going to be a comics dreamland.

Date: September 01, 2009 04:50PM

Lopter Wrote:

>
> LMAO, I was reading some of the other McDonnell
> and Robertson stuff on the web and it just gets
> more bizarre. Granted some of the stuff happened
> 10-15 years ago, but how the two could of even
> have believed some of the stuff is far beyond me.
>
>
If the Duggars lived in Virginia, they would vote for him.

Date: September 01, 2009 04:57PM

> Lopter Wrote:
> -----
>
> >
> > LMAO, I was reading some of the other
> McDonnell
> > and Robertson stuff on the web and it just gets
> > more bizarre. Granted some of the stuff
> happened
> > 10-15 years ago, but how the two could of even
> > have believed some of the stuff is far beyond
> me.
> >
> >
> If the Duggars lived in Virginia, they would vote
> for him.

LOL, remember you have to be over 18+ to vote so 17 of the Duggars kids wouldn't count.

FYI- She is expect a 19th kid now.

Date: September 01, 2009 05:28PM

Yeah, wasn't Webb's paper along many of the same lines on female issues?

http://www.washingtonian.com/articles/people/2182.html

So it had been at the military academies since they were established — West Point in 1802, the Naval Academy at Annapolis in 1845, the Air Force Academy in 1954— and so it would have continued to be had not Public Law 94-106, passed in 1975. decreed that women be brought into this quintessentially male world.

There is a place for women in our military, but not in combat. And their presence at institutions dedicated to the preparation of men for combat command is poisoning that preparation. By attempting to sexually sterilize the Naval Academy environment in the name of equality, this country has sterilized the whole process of combat leadership training, and our military forces are doomed to suffer the consequences.

Nowhere is this more of a problem than in the area of women's political issues. Equal-opportunity specialists, women's rights advocates, and certain members of Congress have prided themselves on the areas of the military they have "opened up" to women. The Carter administration has come out in favor of "allowing" women to go into combat. These advocates march under the banner of equal opportunity.

Equal opportunity for what? They should first understand that they would not be "opening up" the combat arms for those few women who might now want to serve in them, but rather would be forcing American womanhood into those areas, en masse, should a future mobilization occur.

Inside the truck stops and in the honky-tonks, down on the street and in the coal towns, American men are tough and violent. When they are lured or drafted from their homes and put through the dehumanization of boot camp, then thrown into an operating combat unit, they don't get any nicer, either. And I have never met a woman, including the dozens of female midshipmen I encountered during my recent semester as a professor at the Naval Academy, whom I would trust to provide those men with combat leadership.

Some say men and women have a duty to share our country's burdens equally, that it is sex discrimination to require only men to fight. But history has shown the wisdom of this distinction, and the Israelis, who must do more than merely intellectualize about such possibilities, demonstrate its currency. Equal does not mean the same. Any logical proposition— sexual equality— can be carried to a ridiculous extreme— women should fight alongside men.

If Congress had considered these realities when it debated whether to open the service academies to women, and approached this as a national defense rather a women's issue, it may have voted differently.

Certainly, McDonnell will get evaluated on his religious background. Note he was the only Catholic in his class (I believe), and when he was originally elected, many folks criticized him for turning his back on his conservative and religious background. One of his daughters was a platoon commander in Iraq, so he seems to have gotten over his issues with working women.... It is obvious his attitudes have changed on that issue, so it is entirely possible it has changed in other ways. Just look at Webb's example. Either way, you all continue your religion bashing - that seems to be the one point you all agree on.

Posted by: grab bag ()
Date: September 01, 2009 05:32PM

The difference is that Webb is a Democrat who was elected despite the paper and McDonnell is a republican who is pretty much worthless.

Posted by: Tin Whiskers ()
Date: September 01, 2009 05:36PM

When you Dim-o-crap scum see defeat looming you resort to your usual dirty tactics. It's not going to work this time dim scum!

Date: September 01, 2009 05:46PM

Registered Voter I see nothing in the above paragraphs that would change anybodies opinion on McDonnell. It just looks like political campaign BS spin and that will not help McDonnell.

Date: September 01, 2009 05:56PM

It just goes to the "hypocrite" argument that is regularly made here against conservatives. Webb showed (while he was a teacher at the Academy) that he felt woman were not qualified to fight or lead. He was actually quite outspoken about it, and seemed to have a pretty strong belief in his assertions. Yet, he managed to put all this behind him and now today he is a different man. Certainly he was able to convince Democrats how he really didn't mean any of that - I notice the feminists didn't come out and tear him apart for having such views...

The Post has pointed out on a number of occasions where Deeds has not given substance (how does he pay for anything?) to almost any of his positions on issues important in our area such as transportation, jobs, etc. So he still has quite a bit of convincing to do in his own right before he will overcome any amount of negative this will generate. Of course, if the Post just pushes this story over and over again (unlike the Webb material) then sure, they might do Deeds job for him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 05:58PM by Registered Voter.

Date: September 01, 2009 06:08PM

I guess the difference is - I don't automatically disqualify someone for holding religious beliefs. In particular when their actions in public office don't rise to the level of preaching to others.

The thesis wasn't so much a case against government as a blueprint to change what he saw as a liberal model into one that actively promoted conservative, faith-based principles through tax policy, the public schools, welfare reform and other avenues.

"Leaders must correct the conventional folklore about the separation of church and state," he wrote. "Historically, the religious liberty guarantees of the First Amendment were intended to prevent government encroachment upon the free church, not eliminate the impact of religion on society."

If you look at most of what I write here - that is much of the position I advocate.

Date: September 01, 2009 06:25PM

I don't believe what McDonnell is saying because it is political bullshit. He's trying to cover his ass.

If he wasn't in bed with Virginia Power he wouldn't be a candidate. Republicans need to stop thinking in elections with campaign contributions totals and start thinking about issues that concern the citizens of the State.

Is no limit funding raising in VA going to help McDonnell, yes, but he can't win NoVa with his comments from his thesis.

As we all know if don't carry Nova you can't win in Va.

Posted by: prepare for another loss ()
Date: September 01, 2009 07:19PM

Tin Whiskers Wrote:
> When you Dim-o-crap scum see defeat looming you
> resort to your usual dirty tactics. It's not going
> to work this time dim scum!

Right there, repubelicker.

Date: September 01, 2009 08:13PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> I guess the difference is - I don't automatically
> disqualify someone for holding religious beliefs.
> In particular when their actions in public office
> don't rise to the level of preaching to others.
>
>
> ...
> The thesis wasn't so much a case against
> government as a blueprint to change what he saw as
> a liberal model into one that actively promoted
> conservative, faith-based principles through tax
> policy, the public schools, welfare reform and
> other avenues.
>
> "Leaders must correct the conventional folklore
> about the separation of church and state," he
> wrote. "Historically, the religious liberty
> guarantees of the First Amendment were intended to
> prevent government encroachment upon the free
> church, not eliminate the impact of religion on
> society."
> ...
>
>
> If you look at most of what I write here - that is
> much of the position I advocate.

Both you and McDonnell are liars!

Bob McDonnell, Culture Warrior
At 34, the GOP candidate for governor disapproved of fornicators, homosexuals and working women.

ON MORE THAN one occasion, Robert F. McDonnell, the Republican candidate for governor in Virginia, has offered a soporific description of his graduate school dissertation as a "thesis on welfare policy." This is false.

In fact, Mr. McDonnell's study, written in 1989 at age 34 in support of his master's degree in public policy and degree in law, is a full-throated attack on liberals, modernity, the Great Society and inheritance taxes, among other supposed ills, which he linked to and blamed for homosexuality, declining morality and the degradation of the traditional family, along with the proliferation of pornography, out-of-wedlock sex, day care, birth control, pregnant teenagers, divorce, single mothers, working women and feminists.

The thesis is a wistful ode to a bygone 1950s America, when, Mr. McDonnell noted, 70 percent of American families were led by working fathers and homemaker mothers, and "every state in the union made sexual intercourse between unmarried persons a crime." Sounding at times like an Old Testament prophet, Mr. McDonnell wrote that government must discriminate in favor of married couples and against "cohabitators, homosexuals or fornicators," for "[t]he cost of sin should fall on the sinner not the taxpayer."

A deeply researched, passionately written manifesto, the thesis posits a detailed Republican strategy to roll back the evils that Mr. McDonnell saw as afflicting American society generally and the family in particular. On the eve of his political career, Mr. McDonnell was a committed and convinced culture warrior of the right.

Mindful of Virginia's middle-of-the-road electorate, Mr. McDonnell has done his best since running for attorney general in 2005, and especially in the current campaign, to rebrand himself as a moderate willing to work with Democrats. He has cooled his rhetoric, criticized the Bush administration and bristled at questions about his decision to attend graduate school at what was then known as CBN University, the school founded by Pat Robertson (a leading donor to Mr. McDonnell) and named for his Christian Broadcasting Network. When The Post's Amy Gardner obtained his thesis recently and questioned him about it, he dismissed the paper as "an academic exercise."

More substantively, Mr. McDonnell said his thinking has evolved, citing, among other examples, his support for child day care in a 1995 welfare-reform bill. He said that government should not discriminate against homosexuals (though he backed Virginia's constitutional amendment effectively banning same-sex marriage) or prohibit contraceptives (though as a lawmaker he voted often to oppose government-sponsored access to and information about birth control). And he offered his own working wife and daughters, as well as the women he has hired as a candidate and in office, as evidence of his shift on women in the workforce.

Nonetheless, in his 14 years in the state's General Assembly, Mr. McDonnell did aggressively pursue a socially conservative agenda largely in line with his thesis. As governor he could do the same, although he would be constrained by a legislature at least partly controlled by Democrats. He could not ban abortion and contraception, but he could help restrict access. The Bob McDonnell who wrote that thesis would make a divisive, disruptive and partisan governor -- a sharp departure from the tradition of generally pragmatic executives who have helped make Virginia one of the better-managed states in the union. Virginians deserve specific answers about where the thinking of his early middle age has shifted, and where it remains consistent.

Washington Post editiorial..today.

Date: September 01, 2009 08:15PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> It just goes to the "hypocrite" argument that is
> regularly made here against conservatives. Webb
> showed (while he was a teacher at the Academy)
> that he felt woman were not qualified to fight or
> lead. He was actually quite outspoken about it,
> and seemed to have a pretty strong belief in his
> assertions. Yet, he managed to put all this behind
> him and now today he is a different man. Certainly
> he was able to convince Democrats how he really
> didn't mean any of that - I notice the feminists
> didn't come out and tear him apart for having such
> views...
>
> The Post has pointed out on a number of occasions
> where Deeds has not given substance (how does he
> pay for anything?) to almost any of his positions
> on issues important in our area such as
> transportation, jobs, etc. So he still has quite a
> bit of convincing to do in his own right before he
> will overcome any amount of negative this will
> generate. Of course, if the Post just pushes this
> story over and over again (unlike the Webb
> material) then sure, they might do Deeds job for
> him.

Pure diversion..this is not a discussion on Webb's positions...

Date: September 01, 2009 08:39PM

Sure it is - in the sense that the hypocrites here are shown for their double standards.

I am sure we could see instances where Webb still pursued his belief that women shouldn't be in certain jobs, or combat, or leadership. But you don't because the double standard is applied as to what gets reported, repeated, and spread about folks.

Vince, the only reason you call everyone liars - is because you yourself are the biggest liar of all. You lie to yourself every day about your mental issues, about your racist tendencies, your lack of religion, and about your belief that extreme socialism (see Communism) is the solution to all our problems.

It's called TOLERANCE. You have none for those you despise, including yourself.

Posted by: Cocaine is a Hell of a Drug ()
Date: September 01, 2009 09:36PM

This is easy. Webb wasn't for women in wars. McDonnell wasn't for women in the workplace. By virtue of the fact that women should NOT be fighting unless they want to, McDonnell carries the ultimate douchebag award and this position paper will surely be his demise. He's a prime example of a religious BATSHITCRAZY nutfucker. Those types of people are inept in positions of leadership, as evidenced by a majority of the republican party. Let us agree to call them the Grand Old Pussies or "fruitcakes" for short.

Date: September 01, 2009 10:12PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Sure it is - in the sense that the hypocrites here
> are shown for their double standards.
>
> I am sure we could see instances where Webb still
> pursued his belief that women shouldn't be in
> certain jobs, or combat, or leadership. But you
> don't because the double standard is applied as to
> what gets reported, repeated, and spread about
> folks.
>
> Vince, the only reason you call everyone liars -
> is because you yourself are the biggest liar of
> all. You lie to yourself every day about your
> mental issues, about your racist tendencies, your
> lack of religion, and about your belief that
> extreme socialism (see Communism) is the solution
> to all our problems.
>
> It's called TOLERANCE. You have none for those you
> despise, including yourself.

I do not call everyone a liar...I call you a liar...because you are. As far as your "Dr. Freudian" analysis of me..it's old. You cannot find one racist remark I have ever made. My political views are very mainstream. I do not cut and paste democratic talking points as you do off republican rag sheets. I do not try and monopolise conversation by posting endless cut and paste arguments..post after post all reciting the same GOP garbage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 10:17PM by Vince(1).

Date: September 01, 2009 10:15PM

Ooh, wow. Hmm, I should believe that the paranoid delusional person has any real grasp on reality.

Not.

But believe whatever you want Vince - you are definitely entertaining.

Date: September 01, 2009 10:19PM

Now back to the topic...my favorite part of the Washington Post editorial is...

Nonetheless, in his 14 years in the state's General Assembly, Mr. McDonnell did aggressively pursue a socially conservative agenda largely in line with his thesis. As governor he could do the same, although he would be constrained by a legislature at least partly controlled by Democrats. He could not ban abortion and contraception, but he could help restrict access. The Bob McDonnell who wrote that thesis would make a divisive, disruptive and partisan governor -- a sharp departure from the tradition of generally pragmatic executives who have helped make Virginia one of the better-managed states in the union. Virginians deserve specific answers about where the thinking of his early middle age has shifted, and where it remains consistent

Posted by: Brandon ()
Date: September 02, 2009 12:47AM

If you vote for me, I'll let you hunt illegals and run asian drivers off the road.

My plan is simple, anything that reduces traffic is fine by me.

Posted by: out of touch ()
Date: September 09, 2009 09:22AM

In 2003, McDonnell told a newspaper that "certain homosexual conduct" could disqualify a person from becoming a judge.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/08/AR2009090803715.html

He said it violates nature's laws. He also thinks these comments are irrelevant to the upcoming election.

This dude is still living in the 1950s.

Posted by: § ()
Date: September 09, 2009 11:18AM

McDonnell is an odd bird, indeed. He recycles the same canned response to any and all questions.

There will probably be a story out soon about his roommate in college who was molested by "Touchy Bob" on a regular basis.

Bob's response will be, "My views have evolved over time. Really, we must not look into the past, but instead look into the future of Virginia and its local economy, transportation and education."

Puke. It's like pulling a string on a fucking doll for christsakes.

Posted by: Creigh is Gay ()
Date: September 09, 2009 11:27AM

speaking og fools, can anyone make sense of this? I would almost prefer a canned answer than the convoluted bullshit parsing this buffoon engages in.

Posted by: Lesser of two evils. ()
Date: September 09, 2009 11:37AM

So, McDonnell hates homos and Deeds hates immigrants. Vince like both homos and immigrants. Who wins in the end?

Posted by: § ()
Date: September 09, 2009 02:42PM

Probably Jesus, but I've never heard him speak.

Date: September 09, 2009 05:30PM

Ok, well Deeds qualifies as pretty unintelligent in the question and answer department. But I know all the folks supporting him will look past the fact that he voted for the amendment for marriage between a man and a woman only, and the other issues he had a hard time explaining. So yeah, I can see why they went on the smear campaign against McDonnell.

Posted by: truth ()
Date: September 09, 2009 06:11PM

it doesn't matter, because people equate "bad job" with repubs

Date: September 09, 2009 06:18PM

Riiiight.

*wink*
Attachments:
flaparmmoron.strip.gif

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.